• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO event #3: HOBO 40: The Ruby Anniversary - May 11th, 2013 - Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
* to enhance your reading experience, you gotta listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpkHJlyV7TQ while reading *

What is a "Ruby anniversary?" You could either Google that **** for the real answer or just sit back and let Papa Lesbian tell you what he wants it to mean. A ruby anniversary is when a HOBO and a Lesbian (Xyro77) wake up to each other one morning and realize that they have been touching each others "happy place" for over 5 years and through 40 events.....its a special moment. HOBO 40 represents the longest running smash series on the planet (this includes melee AND brawl). This HOBO just so happens to be apart of the ROAD TO WHOBO (formerly known as the LSC) so it is even MORE important than it should be. There will be 1st place medals for the winners of our 4 events and ill even make some lesbian chocolate chip cookies for everybody. You kids cant comprehend how amazing it is to attend an event who's history dates back to the month after Brawl was released.

Anyways, this HOBO will feature Brawl 1vs1 & 2vs2 (operated by the legendary Xyro77) and a side dish of P:M 1vs1 & 2vs2 (operated by Sethlon). Side note: Though none of you have been with me for all 40 HOBOs, i do wanna thank all of those who have supported me and my series throughout the past 5 years. Whether your first HOBO was HOBO 5, HOBO 28 or even HOBO 39, it doesn't matter. This series would not have lasted as long as it has had you guys thought that me and my pet HOBO were trash. So again, THANK YOU!

Venue: Texadelphia

Date: May 11th, 2013. Its a Saturday. Be there BY 11am. I start at 11:30am.

Address/Location:

Texadelphia
6025 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 785-6700

Here is the address's website http://www.texadelphia.com/find-a-location/houston/12 Oh and the venue will be offering 100$ worth of free appetizers and drinks for all of the tournament players to try. Chicken strips / Queso+salsa+chips / Cheese quesadillas / hot wings / water/ sprite / coke / dr.pepper / lemonade. I have tried ALL of these at the venue before and its pretty damn good.

If you have any questions about anything, call/text me at 409-692-0697. If i do not answer, please leave a message and i will respond.

Events/Fees:

Venue Fee= 10$ (2$ of it is LSC fee)

Regular 1vs1= 10$

Regular 2vs2= 20$ (10$ per person)

P:M 1vs1= 5$

P:M 2vs2= 10$ (5$ per person)

__________________________________________________ _

HOUSING

If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread! In general, Sync is pretty much the only one who houses but he usually houses about 30 people.

Sync=(713)-201-8338

Make sure you bring your own pillow/blanket and towel (if you wanna shower).

SETUPS

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament so please help me out with this.

PAYOUT

For 49 players or less:
1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

For 50 players or more:
1st=40%
2nd=21%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th=5%
5th=5%
7th=2%
7th=2%

Payout for 2vs2
1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
5th(x2)=2.5%

RULES

See the main Road to WHOBO thread for rules.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15164916

For P:M, see this thread for rules: http://smashboards.com/threads/334145/

LIVE TWITTER UPDATES
http://twitter.com/HOBO_HERO

Tesh

Smash Hero
How ironic that the OP is so hard to read using Smashboards "Ruby" skin...

Historical HOBO without a tier based event?

Xyro77

Yeah man, 5 events was tough to get done in 8 hours. id rather not chance it again unless people really want it.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Mid Tier dubz/ Singles is fun as hell. I would be down for it again. Gotta defend that mid tier king TITTLE BABY.

Noh

Smash Rookie
If we get enough set ups, that means we could POSSIBLY run more events right?

Xyro77

Look I can do a side event like I did last time, it just takes a ton of work to get 5 events done in 8 hours. If I do a side event, I'll do low tier this time. Have not done that in ages.

Noh

Smash Rookie
Alright! I can confirm 1 full setup and don't worry it will not be that HDTV that I brought last time. Also I can bring 2 more TVs but no Wii+SSBB.

Xyro77

My 5 events will bring in quadruple the amount of people your will. Thus making it much harder.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
This Hobo is very special because it is the 40th anniversary so to celebrate me and xyro will be giving out 1st place medals to 1st place winners of each game. I would like to thank everyone for your support and keeping Texas smash alive and kickin. We have truly came along way so I hope to see more new faces at this event. I will be updating my post under xyro's at the top with how the medals will look once there are finished.

In the mean time here is an example of how the medal will look. See you all soon:cool:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Yea thats just an example of how it will look. As time draws closer to the event Ill post the pics of the finished medals. Let the HYPE begin...

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
This is on my birthday!! I should be done with finals... I think Gnes wanted to team with me... Trela to.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Will Gnes and Trela be allowed to split the trophy?

Xyro77

As a 5th and final event at HOBO 40, ive added Brawl Low Tier 2vs2. This means ONLY character in G and H tier are allowed to compete. Lucas/Mario/Samus/Bowser/Link/Zelda/Ganon/Jiggs/Falcon and the characters allowed.

If you need a teammate for this please post and post your character too. Ill make a little list of possible teams/possible open spots once enough people say something.

Xyro77

Probably not. It would be like last time. I would do doubles first and start singles when im almost half way through it. Things would go faster had the sync issue not happened.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Are you going to use the new tier list for low tier?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I heard there would be one some time in April or at least before WHOBO in any case.

Xyro77

Until the new tier list is up (and assuming its not ********) the low tier event at HOBO 40 will use the the 7.0 tier list

Xyro77

yeah PM will be at whobo.

if u want PM attendance up, you treat it like you would anything else. that means ADVERTISE to friends and family. spread da word, ya heard?

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
PM at whobo? hype!
Dude, Ive tried to get the Houston Melee scene into project m, but they wont even budge. Yay for the Dallas area representing project m.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Hope I can attend....this is the week following the end of the spring semester and best believe I am so happy about that. Hope I can get more friendlies this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom