• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO event #3: HOBO 40: The Ruby Anniversary - May 11th, 2013 - Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
4 days from now, tournament time. PLEASE bring full set-ups. Wii/Ssbb/tv. The more setups we have the faster this event will finish. This gives us more time for friendlies and stuff.

If you have any questions, please post or text me.

Xyro77

If I wasn't clear before, I'll say it again: we are using tier list V7 for this HOBO. This really only matters for low tier teams.

Lucas
Jiggs
Ganon
Link
Zelda
Samus
Mario
Bowser
Falcon

If you need a low tier partner, please post. Plenty will need you.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to this yesssss!

Anyone want to team in regular brawl?

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
I'm carpooling with Denti and I'm bringing my brother sooo I'm not sure who else is going with him.

As for Tyler, I think I'm the only one going. D;

D

Deleted member

Too bad I can't go to Houston, but at least I get to go to Fort Worth for #4!

cant wait until july

Oracle

Smash Master
Just to clear up confusion, Project M Singles and Doubles is STILL HAPPENING. Sethlon isn't making it, but I'm TO'ing in his stead. Plenty of dallas is still coming (Me, dakpo, denti, a few others)

D

Deleted member

Now that sethlons not in the way, I want to see the pm singles results. Who will win, dakpo or oracle? (Is awestin going?)

Oracle

Smash Master
Awestin is not going probably meaning everyones nards are safe from being stepped on (for now at least)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bring MH and 3DS.

Hunt monsters.

Rare items all day.

Xyro77

As i said, bringing MH (wii) to HOBO is cool, but it goes out side with the PM kids. Their area will be much bigger than mine.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As i said, bringing MH (wii) to HOBO is cool, but it goes out side with the PM kids. Their area will be much bigger than mine.
3DS version tho.

Xyro77

ITS HOBO TIME, NERDS!

*listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X86Tsn0HhM4 while you read*

Ok ladies, HOBO 40 is happening tomorrow (5-11-2013). Are you ready? Anyways, please be at the venue by 11am (if you are late, i will charge you a $500 late fee) and try to bring as many full set-ups (wii/tv/ssbb) as possible. More setups means more friendlies/MMs as well as increased tournament speed. If you could bring 1, 5 and 10 dollar bills that would really help me out too because making change is a major hassle when everybody bring me 20s and 50s. If you cant do any of that^ its totally cool, there is no situation i cannot handle.

I will start the tournament with regular 2vs2 (MK legal) and then start regular 1vs1 (MK legal) about half way through 2vs2. Low Tier 2vs2 (tier list version 7) will follow as regular 2vs2 ends. PM 1vs1 and 2vs2 will be happening in between all of these events and will be ran by Sethlon Jr (Oracle). Again, please be there on time.

Oh also, there will be $100 worth of FREE food/drinks just like last time. So expect some chips+salsa/chicken tenders and soda. Please make sure you only get 2 tenders, a few chips and a drink. Last time, some jack wagon dummy took 4 tenders, 2 drinks and like 9 handfuls of chips (F-ing Kilik). IF I SEE THAT AGAIN, I WILL BREAK YOUR TOES OFF AND FEED THEM TO YOU!

One last thing and ill leave you alone. If you have any questions/comments about HOBO/Housing or anything, PLEASE make a post in the HOBO thread (i linked you to it at the beginning of this post) or call/text me at 409-692-0697. Its my cell so i will be the only one answering. Ok yea, get amped and go to HOBO 40!

I lied, one more thing. Here is the HOBO 40 results thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/hobo...ll-results-on-5-11-2013.336294/#post-15502946 it will be updated with actual results starting tomorrow.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I will be taking group pictures of everyone before the event starts for memories and pictures of all the champions who win 1st place with the medals. I will post the pictures in the results thread. Its hard to say goodbye to the HOBO series but we shall be back for smash 4. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and seeing who will take home those medals na ming!

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
I'm still undecided on Brawl low tiers. Right now I'm only sure of P:M 2v2 and 1v1. If it absolutely comes down to it that somebody doesn't have a partner, I'll go ahead and put in my bid. I play Falcon for low tiers.

Noh

Smash Rookie
Wow sorry for the last minute post but I can't bring the TV's that I said I would because my friend that was supposed to be going to this HOBO bailed on me. he is the owner of the two TVs too! Sorry for the let down, but ill still bring my Wii+SSBB.

Xyro77

If the driver (valdens) doesnt get a super good partner, his whole carpool cant go? F that is harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom