• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Japan Tournament - Feat. Alvin, Gerson, Banze, DannySSB, Alpha, Nyx and More!!!!

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Can you clarify which Falcon combo in the Banze match you've never seen before? I saw a lot of uairs to upb or dair, an occasional fair thrown in the middle. He played well, but that was far from new.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
The only neat thing I remember was the up b fiasco but that's all. Falcon punch combo is cool and all but not new. lol

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
Can you clarify which Falcon combo in the Banze match you've never seen before? I saw a lot of uairs to upb or dair, an occasional fair thrown in the middle. He played well, but that was far from new.
Yeah, movements never changes, i mean the application of it. And when i say "i've never seen before" i mean in a real match, not vs CPU or a combo training when you can do it without any problem.

Against Banze: http://www.twitch.tv/usmash/b/653356318
05:30:39

Against Gerson: http://www.twitch.tv/usmash/b/653472927
01:51:27 a combo starting like this. It failed at the end but it's a combo i've never seen anybody doing it before.
01:51:45
01:51:59 0 to death combo. Not new but fun to see.
01:58:00 again a 0 to death combo. This is the Falcon punch combo i was saying.

I can't continue watching because my internet is broken. I'm writting from my cellphone.

It's funny because if were Isai or Boom the one doing this you all will be writting about it. But... they are a south american players.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Easy combo.

01:51:27 a combo starting like this. It failed at the end but it's a combo i've never seen anybody doing it before.
Nothing special, good use of down tilt but that's all.

01:51:45
1:51:59 0 to death combo. Not new but fun to see.
Super standard lmao

01:58:00 again a 0 to death combo. This is the Falcon punch combo i was saying.
Again, nothing new. Only good combo in this list.

It's funny because if were Isai or Boom the one doing this you all will be writting about it.
No we wouldn't because these are standard falcon ditto combos.

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying they are impossible combos. That it's not the subject, i mean the application of this.
It's not the same doing a combo to a still CPU than a real person. And even a good player, because he wasn't playing against beginners.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I'm not saying they are impossible combos. That it's not the subject, i mean the application of this.
It's not the same doing a combo to a still CPU than a real person. And even a good player, because he wasn't playing against beginners.
Besides the falcon punch combo, literally every other combo listed can be found in just about any match with a decent falcon.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
The combos were nothing new, by the way there's almost never anything new in falcon dittos in DL, in tournaments the combos are the same in 99% of the matches, what decides the winner usually is the spacing and mindgame anyways...

That being said, the matches were played at a pretty high level, any one of them would easily be top3 at apex... probably the top10 from peru would fill at least 5 or 6 spots in the top8 at apex.

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
The combos were nothing new, by the way there's almost never anything new in falcon dittos in DL, in tournaments the combos are the same in 99% of the matches, what decides the winner usually is the spacing and mindgame anyways...

That being said, the matches were played at a pretty high level, any one of them would easily be top3 at apex... probably the top10 from peru would fill at least 5 or 6 spots in the top8 at apex.
you understood what I meant.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
They would have to beat Isai (if he shows up) and boom on DL for top 3. They'd also have to take on Tacos and Wizzrobe, Mariguas (who won a DL tourny from down there apparently) and other players. Also if Japan were to show up that'd be even more trouble (for everyone). Top 8 Apex isn't free.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
They would have to beat Isai (if he shows up) and boom on DL for top 3. They'd also have to take on Tacos and Wizzrobe, Mariguas (who won a DL tourny from down there apparently) and other players. Also if Japan were to show up that'd be even more trouble (for everyone). Top 8 Apex isn't free.
Banze placed 9th, and Alvin didn't break a sweat vs Him. Just saying.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
he's not saying Alvin himself wouldn't make it. He's saying that getting 5-6 in top 8 is harder than you're making it seem with all the top level competition.
Exactly, you guys shouldnt do the same towards the SA community. I know most of the people here arent being assholes in purpose but when you have a couple saying "nah this guys doesnt stand a chance" , is not exactly easy to awnser "properly".

Sedda

Smash Champion
dude felipe, weren't you the one who said on twitch chat that your mid tier players were better than the tacna players a few months ago?

youre guilty of this kinda talk too lol

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
dude felipe, weren't you the one who said on twitch chat that your mid tier players were better than the tacna players a few months ago?

youre guilty of this kinda talk too lol
And then we were proven wrong heh

Either way you don't see us spreading hate in every topic lol

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
What are you talking about. You guys are always spreading biased opinions every chance you get. Peru has some solid players and the other SA regions have some good people but there's always someone saying "our top players can take on Isai", "our c tier players can take on your a tier", etc.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
What are you talking about. You guys are always spreading biased opinions every chance you get. Peru has some solid players and the other SA regions have some good people but there's always someone saying "our top players can take on Isai", "our c tier players can take on your a tier", etc.
lmao, i will not bother discusing with you anymore, you are quoting topics that are +3 years old.

EDIT: And just to point it out, you are the one who drailed this topic for nor eason at all, if you didn't like what you saw, there are better ways to say them than using a "yawn".

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
felipe pls

you said exactly what combo posted here a couple of months ago. you were literally talking about how you guys could take isai but it turns out you can barely hang with banze. nobody's arguing. it's just what you (and other SA players) say all the time.

but that's not what combo was saying anyway. he's not wrong about peru being able to get top 8 at apex... i wouldnt be surprised if gerson got spanked by some yoshi we've never heard of in japan because he's not familiar with the matchup

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Well... i didn't say that they would win, did i? i said that they would place between the top 8, depending on the year of course... this last apex for exemple they absolutely would... isai didn't go, boom maybe would win anyway, but i would put like boom first, then mariguas-marka-gerson (in order), then gohan-tavo-alvin (in order), then wizz and tacos... if the JP go it would be a LITTLE different.. the moyashi/kikoushi would place high as expected, but that's about it...
I'm ignoring a lot of top peruvian players because i dont remember their names right now, but aside from the names i said, there's like more 5~7 guys who i would not doubt for a second to be able to place very high at apex too.
It's funny the way you guys think, mariguas is like a top player in north america, first time he goes to tacna he gets droped in first round of brackets, boom lost most matches he tryed to play fairly, had to go campy riculous kirby to place well, and even so, did not win the tournament, then mariguas goes there again in a tournament with way less top peruvians and wins (mariguas is great, by the way), but wasnt easy, he almost lost several times... not to mention of course, that i never seen isai lose so many matches as the time he went to tacna . Now gerson will go to japan, i guess he will place well, i don't know how well, could depend on brackets.. but, for the sake of argument, lets say he gets top4 in kanto... i bet even then, most of you guys will not surrender. (gerson in my opinion is not even the best peruvian, i would put marka a little above him, and then tavo and gohan very very close)
Don't underestimate this guys, even tho your very instinct is to do so apparently.
I'm not peruvian, never been there, only played alancitu as far as peruvian players goes, but i've seen almost every video they have in youtube, and you can analise and see that the way they move, combo, space,etc is very very high much higher then almost every player you see in apex streams.

LD would beat all of South America. If LD gets a perfectly working adapter I only see isai and boom (maybe) beating him.
I don't know his power with a perfect adapter, but, sounds like the most absurd thing i've ever read in my life (as far as gamming goes), literally... he got top8 at apex almost as a miracle, because banze was so close to win and got nervous..

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
lol yeah but with macros everyone is ridiculous good hahah You don't see me johning because i didn't have a KB vs Alvin, he beat me fair and straight :3

Shears

Smash Master
I don't know his power with a perfect adapter, but, sounds like the most absurd thing i've ever read in my life (as far as gamming goes), literally... he got top8 at apex almost as a miracle, because banze was so close to win and got nervous..
LD got 5th without comboing. He beat Banze because Banze choked, I'll give you that, but he also beat dexter who took one of the 2 games Isai lost at Apex 2014. He did all this with edgeguards and reads against a character who is supposedly one of foxs worst matchups because he couldn't reliably combo. He was missing usmash and a lot more follow ups for fox. Things LD doesn't do: teleport, plat drop aerials, shine/dair shield pressure/breaks. He is as good as he is without 3 of some of foxs most important tools. I think smashcon he has a working adapter and has added and refined those tools, he beats everyone but Isai, and maybe boom.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
LD got 5th without comboing. He beat Banze because Banze choked, I'll give you that, but he also beat dexter who took one of the 2 games Isai lost at Apex 2014. He did all this with edgeguards and reads against a character who is supposedly one of foxs worst matchups because he couldn't reliably combo. He was missing usmash and a lot more follow ups for fox. Things LD doesn't do: teleport, plat drop aerials, shine/dair shield pressure/breaks. He is as good as he is without 3 of some of foxs most important tools. I think smashcon he has a working adapter and has added and refined those tools, he beats everyone but Isai, and maybe boom.
Damn, i hope you're right...

As a Fox main-ish main myself, i want him to **** everyone and show me the way, i want to believe that fox on DL can do work against high lvl falcon/pika..

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol LD beat Shears so hard so many times it turned him into a fanboy

LD is good but I doubt he would beat Gerson or whatever at his current skill level, and I have played him plenty on his preferred adapter + controller online. LD probably has the potential to get there eventually, sure, but he's not there yet.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
LD definitely combo'd at Apex. idk what Shears is talking about.

Did shears ever play LD in 2013 when he actually didn't combo and still beat people?

AlvinSSB

Smash Rookie
Hola a todos ! el torneo en santiago de chile fue muy bueno ! ustedes ya saben Los resultados ! Me gustaria poder jugar con todos ustedes .... saludos desde Tacna-Peru ... Atte : Alvin

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Jouske needs to come back soon if he wants to beat gerson in August tbh. He played this whole chile tourney pretty perfectly imo

Top Bottom