• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

S l o X

Smash Champion
There will be a Smashfest tonight, 6pm-11pm, in the public tables area right outside the venue room. Anyone who is in town can feel free to join us for some warmup games. A good incentive to come is that you can leave your TVs/setups here overnight in our storage room that we reserved, which will save some effort tomorrow morning.
Bolt and Joe are sleeping now but I'll probably convince them to go.

Pool Waves = really good idea.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
played last night, still feeling rusty from post-fc johns. Ima need to get in plenty of friendlies fri night/sat morning. Who all is gonna be at the red roof inn tonight? Canada? u guys wanna knock down some brews again tonight? keep up the tradition

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
played last night, still feeling rusty from post-fc johns. Ima need to get in plenty of friendlies fri night/sat morning. Who all is gonna be at the red roof inn tonight? Canada? u guys wanna knock down some brews again tonight? keep up the tradition
I'm housing Canada afaik. I'm sure everyone will be down to drink tomorrow night tho. You better get those IC's warmed up man lol.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
@ Rat: One of our self-imposed constraints while making the PM bracket was that you, metroid, Kels, and Vro had to all be in different quarters. And you guys are. Not much more we can do than that!

@ Naka: Have TheLake PM me himself if he can't make it anymore. I'll get him a teams+venue refund. Just don't wanna do it from one post on your account that says "TheLake can't come anymore" lol, so have him PM me.
Will, do. I was going to talk to you in person about it, but i'll let him know so he can toss you a PM.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Posting these final announcements again in case people are too lazy to look back on the previous page:

* Schedule
Please arrive early on Saturday. The venue opens at 10am and check-in closes at 11am, so get here in that one-hour window. Travelers from out west, remember that Michigan runs on eastern standard time. So in case this isn't common sense (you'd be surprised), you are behind by an hour or more... plan accordingly if you're traveling here Saturday morning.

* Check-In
You've registered and paid online already, but you still have to go through the check-in desk at the venue. This is where we'll confirm your teammate and the events you're entering, hand out nametag stickers and wristbands, have you sign a photo waiver agreement form for our photographer, give out free shirts to everyone who earned one, and also make final transactions with anyone who still owes money due to registration problems (you guys know who you are).

* No Spectating
Due to the venue room capacity and the nature of our 128-entrant cap, there is a strict no-spectating policy this weekend, unless you've made prior arrangements by talking to me in private (you guys know who you are). If anyone shows up at the door without registering beforehand, they will be told to leave. If anyone brings spectators along in their travel group/party and tries to sneak them into the venue, they will be DQ'd from the tourney. This is a serious issue; we just don't have room for them this weekend.

* No Food/Drink
Absolutely NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed inside the venue room. Not my decision, it's just the policy here. Finish eating during your food break before you go back into the venue room. The TO staff has the right to toss any food or drink they see inside the venue room. Also, we will have a coat hanger and extra space in the hallway outside the venue room for everyone to put away their coats, backpacks, and/or unused setups.

* Setups
We have room for about 35 Melee setups and 9 Project M setups. In order to qualify for the $10 discount, you need to be one of the first 35 full setups for Melee or one of the first 9 full setups for Project M, so get to the venue early. At 7pm Sunday, we will be refunding $10 in cash back to everyone who brought a full setup that was used for the entire weekend. If two people in your travel group/party are combining for a full setup, the discount will be given to the person who brought the TV.

* Pool Waves
We are doing two waves of Melee Singles Pools Round 1 on Saturday. Wave 1 includes the first eight pools and will tentatively run from 12pm - 3pm. Wave 2 includes the last eight pools and will tentatively run from 3pm - 6pm. Plan on taking your food break during the wave you're not participating in. Also, everyone who is entering both Melee + Project M has been placed into Wave 1, so don't worry about your pool overlapping with the 5pm starting time of Project M. For those who advance to Round 2, Melee Singles Pools Round 2 will happen at 10am Sunday.

* Friendlies/MMs
The TO staff reserves the right to abruptly stop any friendly/moneymatch for the sake of making an announcement at the venue. We cannot afford to waste time dealing with uncooperative attendees, so do not be surprised or upset if we press the reset button on your setup while you're playing. Use common sense... don't start a moneymatch in the minutes before a major announcement is made (ex: 12pm, 5pm, 8pm on Saturday).

* Parking/Transportation
If you're bringing a full setup, it's highly recommended that you first drop off your TV in front of the venue, then go park in the parking lot. The TV dropoff spot is literally 40-50 feet away from the actual venue room, while the parking lot is at least several hundred feet away. Follow the directions in the Smashboards thread and you'll be fine. Do not call a TO unless in the event of an emergency, as we're unlikely to pick up because there's poor reception inside the venue and we'll already be extremely busy running the event.

PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Rob

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shirts are looking great!

Can you find yourself on the list? (hint: it's in alphabetical order, not very difficult)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Calvin, mind if I share the stream slide designs? They look so badass, people should be able to see them in advance.

ORLY

Smash Master
you covered up bowser's face with your logo

how dare you defile the king of koopas

LEAVING TO THE RED ROOF SHORTLY. PM ME IF YOU WANNA PLAY IN ABOUT 6 HOURS

EDIT: what's the cost of shirts again? since they're blue i definitely wanna get down on that (white just isn't my color, y'naw?)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Canada: go 2 the rob smashfest at u of m. Me scar sfat are going.
Every1 go!

Were in the Viking room in the Pierpoint Commons building.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, I'm here with Scar + SFAT + Strong Bad, someone come play us so we can get this Smashfest going tonight!

Pierpont Commons Viking Room. Same building as the venue, just a different room. We have four TVs but only one Cube+Melee right now, please bring more!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Unfortunately the building closes at 11pm, so we'll have to vacate by then.

Even if it were open past 11pm, I'd recommend a good night of sleep over AM smashing the night before Day 1, lol.

unknown522

Some guy
oh wow. I didn't see this yesterday.

We are being housed by tremor

:phone:

Revven

FrankerZ
Can I assume P:M will be on the main stream at some point? I remember there being a stream schedule being posted at some point but I imagine by now it's buried. :p

Top Bottom