• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
I need to finally get Project M in some way. Is it more balanced than Melee? (Bad characters are ok)

Also nice picture.

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
I know it is, especially for a fighting game. But I want EVERY character to have a chance. Then everyone can play what they think is cool, not "good". But all things considered melee has about 10 viable characters.

Soloist

Smash Ace
I know it is, especially for a fighting game. But I want EVERY character to have a chance. Then everyone can play what they think is cool, not "good". But all things considered melee has about 10 viable characters.
How can you suggest that Melee is balanced (from a competitive stand point), while realizing the number of truly viable characters is less than half of the entire cast?

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
Mostly just because most fighting games have 3-4. (Yun etc.)

But having everyone good is a +

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
How can you suggest that Melee is balanced (from a competitive stand point), while realizing the number of truly viable characters is less than half of the entire cast?
although low tiers are bad they still have suitable options, some even counter top tier staggery

the game is surprisingly more balanced then i would anticipate since this game isnt designed for competitive play

Soloist

Smash Ace
I know it does, and how dare you purple is like one of my favorite colors. Especially that Covenant Wraith-esque metallic purple with it's greenish tint.

ORLY

Smash Master
yoooooo rob i don't think you answered before but

is it too early to request housing for IL

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It is indeed too early. I've guaranteed housing to all the far-traveling OoR people, but I don't know how many there will be yet.

Just to make expectations reasonable... I'm guessing at least 70-80% of Midwest travelers will need to go to a hotel for this. Rooms are only $70/night though, and very close to the venue!

I can house for this, have 3 couches, one is kind of small, and decent amount of floor space if people bring a sleeping bag. And lots of chairs, if you don't mind chair sleep. I live about 15 minutes away. I dont drive so i wouldnt be able to help any busers.

Have a dog and 2 cats, in case of allergies.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I can house for this, have 3 couches, one is kind of small, and decent amount of floor space if people bring a sleeping bag. And lots of chairs, if you don't mind chair sleep. I live about 15 minutes away. I dont drive so i wouldnt be able to help any busers.

Have a dog and 2 cats, in case of allergies.
May or may not have to take you up on this.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
It may be a bit too early for housing claims, like juggleguy I want to give priority to the people driving hella far to get here.
Yeah. I'm from the very northeast of Ohio, so any housing around there would be fine. If someone else from farther away is coming, by all means give them priority over me. :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, this venue is gonna be great. The Brawl tourney had what, 80 people yesterday? And at least a third of the room was still empty/available to use.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'll be there... this is on the weekend after the first full week of school, so I don't foresee any homework johns (yay quarter system?). I'm hyped, this might be my first out-of-state tourney!

Also, I'll probably bring a Melee/PM setup.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Juggleguy, do the finals of this in the room that PS4 did LF and GFs. Audience seating and the game on a big screen. That is some hype ****. Plus no worries about ending perfectly on time.

Top Bottom