• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

jbro

Smash Ace
Everyone looks so bummed in this picture except for Hbox, Kanye and myself (behind KR clapping).
The contrast is ****ing hilarious.
Awesome tourney, errbody. Catch you all in the other thread.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Just watched Fruitloop vs Westballz by randomly clicking on the stream.

He is quite good at creating opportunities for himself. If his techskill gets as good as the top falcos, he will be really good. Calling it now.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Actually, no I have nothing against him at all. PC does tho, and it's an inside joke that we have to call him fake til the end of time since Chris 4 stocked him in a crew battle a few years ago. I hear he's a sweet guy, but ya know, I gotta uphold the status quo and what not.
What you heard is correct. Kels is a pretty cool dude. He certainly did get exposed this weekend though:)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Good stuff Hanky Panky. I did not expect for a Peach to come literally out of nowhere and wreck everyone. Players that good are in my state and I didn't even know. :urg:

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
Everyone looks so bummed in this picture except for Hbox, Kanye and myself (behind KR clapping).
The contrast is ****ing hilarious.
Awesome tourney, errbody. Catch you all in the other thread.

shoutouts to unknown for being sportsmanlike, scar cringing, and mango lurking in the background

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Damn, I just realized that I once again managed to place just outside the money. I finally get top-5 in teams at a big event and then only top-4 gets paid. And of course I get 4th in PM and then only top-3 gets paid.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hanky Panky best peach 2013!

I had my doubts upon seeing that first seed placing for R1 pools but they were completely dissipated by the time I watched his first pools match in R2.

Great tourney, had a ton of fun, huge shoutout post later!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If people lose to a Peach that just spams moves, obviously he's doing something right. :p

Be more obvious.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Kels normally does bad if he has to travel, I have no ****ing idea why. It doesn't matter the caliber of players either, it's just a thing for him.

As for PC Chris, he indeed did four stock him, but that crew battle was done bc after hours of no power at Vro's house we got hooked up with a power converter and hooked up a set-up to John!'s car right after Kels just played HOURS of basketball. If they were to play now seriously, Kels would probably win.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
In Pittsburgh waiting for a transfer. Ill try and start uploading tomorrow

:phone:

Van.

Smash Ace
the emotional rollercoaster of almost having hbox probably put him in a poor position to battle back from a 1 game defecit against a really even opponent.

thats my guess anyways

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Everything about this tournament was picture perfect and has been a weekend to remember.
Favorite moment thought was when sfat was hollering battle cries out in friendlies vs hiv.
The contrast of their game faces/emotional activity was just way too funny.

unknown522

Some guy
Couldn't he just borrow someone's controller?

I did borrow a controller. I used it throughout the bracket and lucked out a win on Sfat in winners.

It wasn't going to happen again, and I didn't feel like trying to rely on luck to win a set.

Zac is also mad good. I don't mind him going further

Then other stuff

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I had an amazing time. I will do full shoutouts when the results thread is up, but short version:

Juggleguy: Thanks for hosting! You ran a tight ship and everything got done pretty efficiently, with lots of room for streaming and recorded hype matches.

VGBootcamp: Thanks for giving me the chance to destroy my throat with over 16 hours of commentating in two days :D Your setup is so legit and the stream is nice looking. I'll be donating to get you guys that new soundboard.

Fly: yeeeeaaahhhhh that comeback.

DoH: 3rd in dubs, just under 3 of the best teams players (and SFAT)

SFAT: <3 j/k. We should play friendlies when you aren't hungover (FC). I'll teach you how to DI d-throw d-air so Fly doesn't do that to you.

Fly again: ^^^sorry^^^

MDZ, Metroid, and Spife: DEM CAR RIDES. It was fantastic hanging out with you guys all weekend. Thanks for making the frigid wasteland that is your northern homeland a more hospitable place to temporarily reside.

Full ones in the results thread when I feel like it :D

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Wobbles' commentary is on a very high level at both being informative based on his excellent knowledge of game mechanics and entertaining due to his sense of humor. It also appears that he really enjoys providing commentary all day at the events, and IMO the stream quality decreases dramatically when he is off the mic. From what I got by watching the stream this weekend, he is lately enjoying commentating more than playing. If there was a fund to get Wobbles to commentate APEX I would donate.

Top Bottom