• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House 2 feat. Mango, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze!

metroid1117

Smash Master
I wanna 5$ MM Metroid, Vro, and SB in PM

My Falco
Sure! Best of 5?

Ok, sure LE I'll take you up on that.

So here's a list of people I want to MM (some of you never replied):

Trail
Darkatma - $5 vs. Sheik
Sung
MattDotZeb
Strong Bad - PM - Ike vs. DK, Peach vs. DK
Rat - PM
Vro - PM - Ike ditto
metroid - PM - Ike ditto
Little England - PM - $1 vs. Pit

Anyone else? I'll accept almost anything but I'd like to prioritize matches against people I've never played before.
Yessssssssss :). $5, best of 5?

By the way, I caught a glimpse of your Ike on JCaesar's stream last night - you were doing some sick stuff, I can't wait to play and meet you!

S l o X

Smash Champion
CT is traveling BACK in time to go to this. We're leaving tonight! (In the next two hours we start our 12 hour drive)

ORLY

Smash Master
slox my car will be arriving friday night so if one of you guys wanna PM me your cell number

we can join up and play some friendlies in the hotel room

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
This is Nakamaru

TheLake can't come to the big house anymore because of work so i'm down a teams partner. Who is lacking in teams partners or is there a possibility i can get a refund on my teams money.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Naka, if you're down, I still need teams partner since my one guy hasn't even talked to Rob about it.

What do ya say?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
juggleguy went to sleep and i need to run it by him first
so PM bracket will have to wait til tomorrow
NVM

seeding was based on skill (prior PM tourney results, melee skill) and location. can only seed so far when like 1/3rd of you dudes are from Chicago area.

in other news me n scar n sfat just had the sickest smashfest ever

yeeeee

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Seriously hyped to see how the P:M results will turn out. Looking forward to seeing all the hype matches on stream!

Spife

Smash Master
Alsoalso taking mm but im some gimp noname from mass (no not mattdotzeb)
Srsly, 40 in singles from tips lets gooooo

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
juggleguy went to sleep and i need to run it by him first
so PM bracket will have to wait til tomorrow
NVM

seeding was based on skill (prior PM tourney results, melee skill) and location. can only seed so far when like 1/3rd of you dudes are from Chicago area.

in other news me n scar n sfat just had the sickest smashfest ever

yeeeee
OMG HYPE. If they play each other in WR2, ORLY better have enough Ike practice to beat Nintendude!

Also, I hope Fly vs. Vro in WR3 happens.

Random question - which sets are best of 5? Could WS and LS be best-of-5?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
@ Rat: One of our self-imposed constraints while making the PM bracket was that you, metroid, Kels, and Vro had to all be in different quarters. And you guys are. Not much more we can do than that!

@ Naka: Have TheLake PM me himself if he can't make it anymore. I'll get him a teams+venue refund. Just don't wanna do it from one post on your account that says "TheLake can't come anymore" lol, so have him PM me.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol my quarter of the bracket is filled with ikes

that's ridiiiiiiiiiiiculous

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Final announcements! Sent out an email with this same message, but again, I'll re-post on Smashboards for emphasis.

* Schedule
Please arrive early on Saturday. The venue opens at 10am and check-in closes at 11am, so get here in that one-hour window. Travelers from out west, remember that Michigan runs on eastern standard time. So in case this isn't common sense (you'd be surprised), you are behind by an hour or more... plan accordingly if you're traveling here Saturday morning.

* Check-In
You've registered and paid online already, but you still have to go through the check-in desk at the venue. This is where we'll confirm your teammate and the events you're entering, hand out nametag stickers and wristbands, have you sign a photo waiver agreement form for our photographer, give out free shirts to everyone who earned one, and also make final transactions with anyone who still owes money due to registration problems (you guys know who you are).

* No Spectating
Due to the venue room capacity and the nature of our 128-entrant cap, there is a strict no-spectating policy this weekend, unless you've made prior arrangements by talking to me in private (you guys know who you are). If anyone shows up at the door without registering beforehand, they will be told to leave. If anyone brings spectators along in their travel group/party and tries to sneak them into the venue, they will be DQ'd from the tourney. This is a serious issue; we just don't have room for them this weekend. .

* No Food/Drink
Absolutely NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed inside the venue room. Not my decision, it's just the policy here. Finish eating during your food break before you go back into the venue room. The TO staff has the right to toss any food or drink they see inside the venue room. Also, we will have a coat hanger and extra space in the hallway outside the venue room for everyone to put away their coats, backpacks, and/or unused setups.

* Setups
We have room for about 35 Melee setups and 9 Project M setups. In order to qualify for the $10 discount, you need to be one of the first 35 full setups for Melee or one of the first 9 full setups for Project M, so get to the venue early. At 7pm Sunday, we will be refunding $10 in cash back to everyone who brought a full setup that was used for the entire weekend. If two people in your travel group/party are combining for a full setup, the discount will be given to the person who brought the TV.

* Pool Waves
We are doing two waves of Melee Singles Pools Round 1 on Saturday. Wave 1 includes the first eight pools and will tentatively run from 12pm - 3pm. Wave 2 includes the last eight pools and will tentatively run from 3pm - 6pm. Plan on taking your food break during the wave you're not participating in. Also, everyone who is entering both Melee + Project M has been placed into Wave 1, so don't worry about your pool overlapping with the 5pm starting time of Project M. For those who advance to Round 2, Melee Singles Pools Round 2 will happen at 10am Sunday.

* Friendlies/MMs
The TO staff reserves the right to abruptly stop any friendly/moneymatch for the sake of making an announcement at the venue. We cannot afford to waste time dealing with uncooperative attendees, so do not be surprised or upset if we press the reset button on your setup while you're playing. Use common sense... don't start a moneymatch in the minutes before a major announcement is made (ex: 12pm, 5pm, 8pm on Saturday).

* Parking/Transportation
If you're bringing a full setup, it's highly recommended that you first drop off your TV in front of the venue, then go park in the parking lot. The TV dropoff spot is literally 40-50 feet away from the actual venue room, while the parking lot is at least several hundred feet away. Follow the directions in the Smashboards thread and you'll be fine. Do not call a TO unless in the event of an emergency, as we're unlikely to pick up because there's poor reception inside the venue and we'll already be extremely busy running the event.

PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Rob

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There will be a Smashfest tonight, 6pm-11pm, in the public tables area right outside the venue room. Anyone who is in town can feel free to join us for some warmup games. A good incentive to come is that you can leave your TVs/setups here overnight in our storage room that we reserved, which will save some effort tomorrow morning.

Scythe

Smash Master
OMG HYPE. If they play each other in WR2, ORLY better have enough Ike practice to beat Nintendude!

Also, I hope Fly vs. Vro in WR3 happens.

Random question - which sets are best of 5? Could WS and LS be best-of-5?
bro, no love!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
btw, Scar *****, I took a couple games off his rusty *** Falcon in the early evening yesterday, but towards the end of the night he was letting it rock again. I think I got four stocked in our last friendly of the night lol.

Top Bottom