• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT- my first!

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Jolly
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- U-turn

Lucario@ Life Orb
Inner Focus/Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch

Cresselia Light Clay
Bold
252 HP / 148 Def / 40 SpD / 68 Spe

- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance
- Thunder Wave / Ice Beam

Snorlax @ Leftovers /
Thick Fat /Careful
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD

- Curse
-Body Slam
- Fire punch
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant / Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Pursuit

Latias @ Leftovers /
Levitate, Timid
252 Spe / 252 SpAtk / 4 HP

- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power fire
- Recover

how can i make this better?

any tips appreciated

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
Can't really see any major problems with this team. However, on your Latias, definitely go with HP Fire. On said Lati, use Recover over Roost to avoid leaving you vulnerable to Ground moves.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I didn't realize that a glaring MixMence weakness wasn't considered a major problem, Terrador.

But if you can get SR down, you can dent him pretty hard with Scizor, tough you'll probably end up sacrificing it in order to do so.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
1 SR down? whats that mean?

think i should drop 'lax for

cresselia Light Clay
Bold

- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance

?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
SR = Stealth Rock
Which is undoubtedly the most useful utility move in the game. It turns many 2HKOs into 0HKOs, many 3HKOs into 2HKOs or even 0HKOs, etc.

I've never been too big of a Cresselia fan, but I think that that would work nicely for you. Dual Screens is always nice.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Lunar Dance KOs the user, and the Pokemon they switch in gets back full HP, full PP on all moves, and is cured of any status... methinks (not an OU player)

-xLeafybug (lolcwatididthar)

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
so its down to

Cress @ leftovers
Bold, 252 HP / 252 def / 4 SPatk.

Reflect
Ice beam
Thunder wave
Moonlight

cresselia Light Clay
Bold

- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance

or

Snorlax @ Leftovers /
Thick Fat /Careful
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD

- Curse
-Body Slam
- Fire punch
- Earthquake

which do you think i should use?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I posted this in the social but I'll post it here too.

"IMO you should drop Celebi for Cress and keep Snorlax."

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I posted this in the social but I'll post it here too.

"IMO you should drop Celebi for Cress and keep Snorlax."
Despite my love for Celebi, I'll have to actually agree with this post kinda (not sure about the Cresselia part, but the replacing Celebi sounds good). Looking at your team it seems you have major ScarfTran and ScarfTom-H issues, as the former OHKOs 2/3 of your team with just one move (and 2HKOs one of the others with a different move) and the latter, well, he doesn't OHKO as much, but he certainly puts a damper on your plans. Currently, your only answer to either is Snorlax and to some extent Latias, and both are quickly made obsolete by most phazers or *insert powerful physical attacker here*. And considering their usage, this is quite a major issue.

So like I said, follow the guy's advice and go Cresselia > Celebi; at least for now. And if I had to choose a set to use, I'd personally go with the Dual Screens w/ Ice Beam > T-Wave. That way you can take out Gliscor, who could also cause some issues for your team thanks to Taunt.

Hope my advice helped. :)

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
I don't play OU but from what I've heard, Choice Band Scizor sucks. It becomes complete Magnezone bait if you actually manage to revenge something with Bullet Punch and if you're opponent predicts that you will use Bullet Punch, it becomes a dead bug. As such, I recommend a Swords Dance set as it isn't as much Magnezone bait like the Choice Bander.
I also recommend not replacing Celebi with Cresselia because Cress simply lacks any attack whatsoever, making it set up bait for numerous Pokemon. It also becomes T-Tar bait with that lack of offensive power. Though I guess you could use Cresselia to cover Gliscor and the like with Ice Beam. Try some stuff out to decide.
Hope my rate helped, even with my limited OU knowledge.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
so many conflicting opinions, so confused!

so the general consensus is to drop celibi, add cress, and leave scizor and snorlax as is?

editing

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Tell that to 17% of all teams used in November. In addition, 19% of all teams had a non-Swords Dance Scizor in November.
The main problem I have with Choice Band Scizor is that it is so easily destroyed by Magnezone, which is a fairly common Pokemon that is used to counter the myriad of steel types in OU. This makes me wonder why Magnezone is used less when 17% of all teams in November used Choice Band Scizor. Sure, it might be good for a powerful Bullet Punch and U-turn, but Bullet Punch has **** coverage, though I will admit that a Choice Band U-turn is very powerful and the ability to scout things is a bonus, but I just don't think it is the best option for Scizor. Then again, I don't have much OU knowledge so yeah, it might be actually amazing, but as of now, I don't really think much of it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
CB Scizor is usually used to pick off weakened (or weak) Pokemon, which usually happens late-game, when you would have probably seen the opponent's Scizor counter.

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
CB Scizor is usually used to pick off weakened (or weak) Pokemon, which usually happens late-game, when you would have probably seen the opponent's Scizor counter.
Well, I guess the people who I faced on Shoddy just blow than, since they pick off one of my pokemon with Bullet Punch early on, which allows me to easily switch in my Magnezone and destroy them. Generally, the people I face in OU use Scizor to scout and revenge kill early game so that would explain why I think Choice Band Scizor blows lol.

Anyways, about the RMT, I think keeping Scizor the way it is should be fine then.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Despite my love for Celebi, I'll have to actually agree with this post kinda (not sure about the Cresselia part, but the replacing Celebi sounds good). Looking at your team it seems you have major ScarfTran and ScarfTom-H issues, as the former OHKOs 2/3 of your team with just one move (and 2HKOs one of the others with a different move) and the latter, well, he doesn't OHKO as much, but he certainly puts a damper on your plans. Currently, your only answer to either is Snorlax and to some extent Latias, and both are quickly made obsolete by most phazers or *insert powerful physical attacker here*. And considering their usage, this is quite a major issue.

So like I said, follow the guy's advice and go Cresselia > Celebi; at least for now. And if I had to choose a set to use, I'd personally go with the Dual Screens w/ Ice Beam > T-Wave. That way you can take out Gliscor, who could also cause some issues for your team thanks to Taunt.

Hope my advice helped. :)
My reason for suggesting Cress is for Mix Mence, which is someone who would give this team a lot of trouble.

edited, looking better?
Yep looking better, though I don't like the Cress set. Duel screen is OK but reflect is really what you want. Light screen won't be as useful IMO. But if you keep the set how it is I suggest moonlight over lunar dance.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If you're gonna use HP Fire Latias then don't use Max Speed. You lose a speed point because of HP Fire(Requires a 30 Speed IV) meaning you can't eve speed tie with base 110's anyways. 184 with a timid nature out speeds standard Infernape and leaves you with 68 EV's you can put elsewhere, like HP, to give yourself a bit more bulk(not much more mind you, but bit)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
My reason for suggesting Cress is for Mix Mence, which is someone who would give this team a lot of trouble.
And my reason for backing it was for helping him deal a little better with other things as well as MixMence. Just because I don't mention your reasoning in my agreement doesn't mean I don't know why you suggested it in the first place, as MixMence is obviously a huge weakness for his team. Heatran and Rotom carry just about the same threat, however, and Gliscor has a chance of being a pain in his *** too. As you can see, I agreed when I looked at what else could give his team massive problems, and ultimately gave your claim more solidity.

Don't doubt my methods. They're legit. <.<

Oh, and follow what Pink Reaper says about Latias. He's right.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
And my reason for backing it was for helping him deal a little better with other things as well as MixMence. Just because I don't mention your reasoning in my agreement doesn't mean I don't know why you suggested it in the first place, as MixMence is obviously a huge weakness for his team. Heatran and Rotom carry just about the same threat, however, and Gliscor has a chance of being a pain in his *** too. As you can see, I agreed when I looked at what else could give his team massive problems, and ultimately gave your claim more solidity.

Don't doubt my methods. They're legit. <.<

Oh, and follow what Pink Reaper says about Latias. He's right.
Don't think I was knocking your post and what you said. I agree with what you said, I just was throwing out my reasoning behind it just like you were lol.

I don't get why you thought I didn't like your post. Lol I was happy to see someone agree with me.:)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Don't think I was knocking your post and what you said. I agree with what you said, I just was throwing out my reasoning behind it just like you were lol.

I don't get why you thought I didn't like your post. Lol I was happy to see someone agree with me.:)
Sorry...I misinterpreted your post to telling me that you were thinking of something completely different. :\ Don't ask how I ended up taking it badly; I guess maybe I thought you were demeaning my intelligence or something. Idk. I've been in a semi-rotten mood lately. >.<

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Sorry...I misinterpreted your post to telling me that you were thinking of something completely different. :\ Don't ask how I ended up taking it badly; I guess maybe I thought you were demeaning my intelligence or something. Idk. I've been in a semi-rotten mood lately. >.<
No worries bro. It's all good. :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ice BEam on Cresselia.

If you're using Lunar dance on Cressy, you need something that would love have the opportunity to be a 7th Pokemon. Something that is hard to fight off once, but twice?

Eh... Maybe a Mence of your own? Nah.... DDTar.... ScarfTar.... Maybe? Hmm..

Wait. No.

BRELOOM. Ragequits happen when Breloom is drained down to (X low %), then later in the battle it gets a Lunar Dance to it, and it shows up again. Breloom is the most annoying ****er to ever walk the face of the earth, and if you have the opportuniuty to use it twice, do it.

:D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Ice BEam on Cresselia.

If you're using Lunar dance on Cressy, you need something that would love have the opportunity to be a 7th Pokemon. Something that is hard to fight off once, but twice?

Eh... Maybe a Mence of your own? Nah.... DDTar.... ScarfTar.... Maybe? Hmm..

Wait. No.

BRELOOM. Ragequits happen when Breloom is drained down to (X low %), then later in the battle it gets a Lunar Dance to it, and it shows up again. Breloom is the most annoying ****er to ever walk the face of the earth, and if you have the opportuniuty to use it twice, do it.

:D
Or Machamp. Never forget Machamp! :)

Top Bottom