• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMIT Super Smash Bros. Tournament

Meredy

The Busterina
Tournament has been cancelled due to lack of entrants. The tournament will be held in a fortnight.

Meredy

The Busterina
Okay, so the next RMIT tournament is coming up on the 17th of October (a day before the next CW). Melee and PM cap at 32 entrants, and Smash 4 registration will be on the day. Enter on the facebook event and make sure to comment on which game you'd like to enter, as well as your tag.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1472730232990875/

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Huzzah for the first Super Smash Bros 3DS tournament!
Practiced as much as I could and played to the best of my abilities, but unfortunately only managed to get 2nd place.
Still I had a lot of fun and got to play some interesting match ups!

1st place went to my eternal rival and sparring partner V. We've been playing the game together since it released in Japan during September. I'm incredibly salty about the losses, but they were great matches and it was awesome watching her play other people with her superior zoning and stage control. It was easy to see she had much more experience with the game than all of her opponents.

Custom moves were a lot of fun. I've unlocked a lot of them myself and tested most of them out so I had a good idea what I was running into. Really glad they were allowed even though I didn't end up using any.

Meredy

The Busterina
RMIT October 17th Results

Melee:
1. Dekar
2. Redact
3. Atticus
4. Forte
5. Matt G
5. PCG
7. Dreadtech
7. Macky
9. Bu$
9. MGK
9. Miles
9. Noxus
13. 1&%
13. Hughie
13. Hyes
13. Lam
17. Downer
17. JD
17. Khairi
17. Kweh
17. Sw0rds
17. Tomo009
17. Flukey
25. Azri
25. Meredyse
25. Hardpelicn
25. Tommy
25. Yerfdog
Bracket

PM:
1. Dekar
2. Atticus
3. Matt G
4. Tabs
5. 1&%
5. Noxus
7. Dreadtech
7. Forte
9. Downer
9. Fudge
9. MGK
9. Redact
13. Hughie
13. Meredyse
13. Naga
13. Tomo009
17. Hyes
17. JD
17. MFN
17. Sw0rds
17. Shyfit
25. Boris
25. Flukey
25. Mezer
25. Tommy
Bracket

3DS:
1. V
2. Venks
3. Redact
4. Azurasarah
5. Dreadtech
5. Matt G
7. Dekar
7. Naga
9. Atticus
9. Boris
9. Joey
9. Villain
13. Hughie
13. Lion-o
13. Sadistic
13. Tomo009
17. Downer
17. Forte
17. Hyes
17. JD
17. MGK
17. Sw0rds
Bracket

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Well run tournament, and something worth noting is Tabs run in P:M

He only defeated everyone who placed directly below him (Dreadtech & Forte who placed 7th, Noxus & myself who placed 5th) and only lost to people who placed directly above him (2nd place Atticus and 3rd place Matt G).

Fortunately I stayed at the tourney long enough for the P:M Grand Finals to happen, as my setup was the last one left when it happened.

I was looking forward to vsing Bu$ in Melee but bracket got changed, oh well. Noxus is good vs me, and Macky played well today (he even beat Miles). My 13th rank is a lie I beat nobody in Melee lol.

Apologies to the dude that wanted to play friendlies with me/Meredyse, we were having a Bo5 friendly set. Shoutouts everyone who spoke to me/ played friendlies (you know who you are there's too many).

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Jesus ****ing Christ, that rest punish lol

It's becoming more and more apparent that I actually need to practice this game >_>

ggs all, shoutouts to Macky for putting me on the receiving end of... 'that' and to @AzuraSarah for the well deserved win over me in Smash 4 losers!

Last edited:

Macky_

Smash Rookie
Shout outs to you Matt G. You may have won the game, but I won the crowd.

All props to you for clutching it under all that pressure. Thanks for the great games.

Meredy

The Busterina
Huge shoutout to Sw0rds for acting as TO, keeping the night running smoothly.

-Tabs-

Smash Rookie
Awesome comp.
:dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede:

Congrats to Dekar for Believing in the heart of the cards and teaching me a few tricks !

:dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede:

Keen as for the next one :)
:dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede::dedede:

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone for an awesome time on the weekend.
Huge shout outs to everyone.
PCG for an awesome match using my new main in Melee and helping me TO.
Redact for an amazing PM match (not that i had a chance.)
Hughie for a close 3DS match.
Downer for letting me TO for the second half of the night.
Meredyse for helping me TO when i got stuck.

Can't wait for the next one, hopefully i can TO the entire tournament. :) :lucario:

Meredy

The Busterina
64 man Melee and PM with pools and amateur bracket, as well as a bracket for Smash 4.

Meredy

The Busterina
November 21st RMIT Results

Melee:
1. Dekar
2. Redact
3. Atticus
4. Splice
5. Daniel
5. Miles
7. Codie
7. Haikal
9. Azri
9. Matt G
9. PCG
9. Tommy
13. 1&%
13. Flog
13. JKTS
13. Khairi
17. Deeks
17. Downer
17. Dreadtech
17. Hyes
17. JD
17. Meredyse
17. Mezer
17. YUNG NE$$
25. DD
25. Deniz
25. DN
25. Ellias
25. Lan
25. MGK
25. Naga
25. Slamdvnk
33. Avvara
33. Hardpelicn
33. Jandalman
33. Mikey
33. SurPr15e
Bracket

Project M:
1. Dekar
2. Splice
3. Atticus
4. Redact
5. Codie
5. Matt G
7. 1&%
7. Tabs
9. Daniel
9. Dreadtech
9. MGK
9. Naga
13. Meredyse
13. Mezer
13. Slamdvnk
13. Tommy
17. Fudge
17. Hyes
17. JD
17. JKTS
17. Kerkaderk
17. Mavrek
17. Scrubadub
17. TweetyPurd
25. DD
25. Downer
25. Flog
25. Hardpelicn
25. Jandalman
25. Mikey
25. SurPr15e
25. YUNG NE$$
33. Alpha
33. Oblng
Bracket

Smash 3DS:
1. V
2. Venks
3. Matt G
4. Deez
5. Atticus
5. AzuraSarah
7. Dreadtech
7. Splice
9. Atlas
9. Jayloww
9. Meredyse
9. UshankaJunior
13. Avvara
13. Hyes
13. Ryan
13. TweetyPurd
17. HyperKitty
17. Mavrek
17. MGK
17. Raymond
Bracket

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even turn up but I didn't come last in either game? Hype.

Shoutouts:

Work: For making me stay back late so I can't go to RMIT.

Joey: For convincing me to go out for drinks with him instead of go to RMIT after work.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet

There was an odd number of people, so those seeded the lowest had to go through a first round, and then everyone else was bumped forward to round 2.

Last edited:

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts time (because the only other person to do any shoutouts didn't actually turn up)

Dekar - Plz random falcon again and let me win.

Redact - When you are making a combo video you have to actually record the matches.

Hyes - Close set until the third game. Stick with Ike, he is scary and I felt like I would have struggled on your counerpick if you stayed as him.

Slamdunk - Some solid play, good spacing and edgeguarding, but slightly predictable. Try to work on your dash dance and bait out an approach instead of always approaching.

#TABSHAMMER - Super close set. The hammer is legit. You were sometimes predictable but other times you caught me completely off guard with some odd decisions that somehow worked. Last stock was super tense. GGWP

Mezer - We only played one game but it was super close. Good to see some fresh faces doing well, and you can expect many more hype friendlies from me.

Sw0rds - 3DS friendlies were super campy but somehow fun. I still don't know how we went 4 mins without anyone dying.

The only other Yoshi main there - Keep playing and learning new stuff. A little basic tech like double jump cancelling can go a long way in improving your game.

Daniel - Somewhere in the future I will stop recovering with side B into turnips, but until that day comes, I will continue to get 3/4 stocked by everyone.

Dreadtech - DreadFox 2 - DreadfulFox 0

Avvara

Smash Rookie
shoutouts to me for not coming last in a solo tourney :4wiifit:

also to lan for the most fun friendlies of the day

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman

Shoutouts:

Work: For making me stay back late so I can't go to RMIT.

Joey: For convincing me to go out for drinks with him instead of go to RMIT after work.
Joey came by in the end. Betrayal!

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Shout out time!

Start with Melee:

Azri: Really solid play, you really knew what you wee going against my ganondorf. Good win.

Jandalman: Both games were close but I just was able to take them. Keep on practicing. :)

Khairi: All round solid Falco, amazing use of the lasers. Really dominated against my ganondorf and not much I could do about it. Great win. :)

Smash 4:

Atticus: Loved this set, Game 1 was awesome fun, Ganondorf vs Falcon should be a thing in Smash 4. :p Shocked that I beat your Roselina and Luma as I usually struggle against them but she is still a massive pain to vs. Good choice going back to Falcon game 3 as I feel your Falcon is a lot more solid in a lot of areas then your roselina. Keep practicing both and you'll be a weapon in Smash 4 in the future. :)

TweetyPurd: Awesome set again. Had a lot of fun vsing you and your zss. She is defiantly a character that can go far in smash 4 and you had a great understanding of her. :) Thanks for the complements of my Ganondorf, He'll get there slowly. :p

Project M!:

Meredyse: Awesome first set, you have come a long way with your Zelda, got some amazing combos and add great use of the new side B. Great job and practice up and your Zelda will do some Damage. :) Can't wait to vs you again soon.

Splice: PINK GAME & WATCH! Loved your game & watch, amazing to vs and to watch. :) I'm glad I took game one as that was a last hit, last stock situation where I have lost in the past (and later on). Great games 2 & 3, I felt they were as close as game 1 but that Down Throw screwed me. Thanks for the tip and how to tech it, hopefully next time we vs we can put on a show. :) Tech on the 5th beep (I will practice this til I get it right!). Also, your an amazing and chill guy to talk too. :)

Scrubadub: Awesome Yoshi! Your spacing and combo game was really well put together. A little predictable at times but that comes with experience. Can;t wait to see you improve. :)

Tommy: Ganondorf Dittos! I loved this set, amazing to see the different play styles in our ganondorfs. Your one was definitely more melee ganondorf and really solid all round. If you practice Ganondorf in PM, you'll defiantly be a threat to me and many others! Hope to do it again some time. :)

Noxus: Once again, I have falling victim to the last game, last stock, last hit and lost. Amazing Samus tech and understanding of the character. All 3 games were crazy close and can't wait to have another intense set again against you. Keep up the Samus in Melee and PM, I have always loved samus in smash, and your samus defiantly one of the best I've seen and vsed. GG's.

Other Shouts:

Sw0rds: Well done on a excitement work on being the TO. Thank you for keeping me in line with what I needed to be done as I was playing all 3 games and you had everything under controller for things to run smoothly. AMAZING JOB!

Dekar: First of all, congrats on the wins in PM and Melee! Thank you for the money match and all those friendlies, you are defiantly a beast at these games. Hope to practice against your Marth again, as I get destroyed by him many many times. Thanks for all the tips about the match up and I will practice the best I can to improve. :) Just want to add that your also a awesome guy to talk to for help, better then you may think. :)

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
TweetyPurd: Awesome set again. Had a lot of fun vsing you and your zss. She is defiantly a character that can go far in smash 4 and you had a great understanding of her. :) Thanks for the complements of my Ganondorf, He'll get there slowly. :p
Thanks man! You were so fun to play against too, hopefully with some buff patches to Ganon in the near future you can bring him to a level like your sweet PM Ganon

Ide also like to shout out to:

Daniel - For the good laughs and a fun set. You might only play PM for "fun," but in my opinion all video games should be played for fun, and playing with you reminded me not to take myself too seriously :)

Codie - I was happy to get a few good marth combos off on you, and its hard to critique considering you beat me so bad, but i think with your snake you shouldnt approach as much from above me, you destroyed me when you set up from the ground.

V & Venks - Those doubles matches with you two were very fun, and it was great to get some experience against the top players. My only tip would be that you were focusing too much on the gimmicks, and i think you could work on splitting us up and beating us in the 1 on 1.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to do a shout out, despite being the TO.

Downer - Well, obviously for letting me run the tournament, and helping me when i got stuck.

Meredyse - For being my ever loyal bestfriend and helping me organize people, and feeding me.

Naga - For the Sm4sh friendlies with me. Rolls for dayz. Definitely fun. :D

MGK - For just being MGK haha...... For being co-operative and just keeping me from ripping my hair out, and for the PM friendlies and advice on the ganon matchup.

Mezer - For being really good about the fact i kept forgetting your name during brackets haha.

Thanks for a great tournament guys and can't wait for next one. See you guys there. :)

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Had so much fun as always!

Deez: Really good stuff man. You've come a long way. I was pretty scared when we went to Arena Ferox, but once the statues spawned you couldn't use projectiles reliably anymore. Definitely worked out in my favor.

@ Splice Splice : I like your Jigglypuff! I saw you playing Melee earlier and was wondering who you would play for Smash 4. Didn't expect you would play Jiggly here as well. She's definitely pretty good so I can understand why. Were you going for a duck-under attack into short hop rest? I've seen some videos of that on reddit so I was super terrified when I whiffed an attack, but thankfully Little Mac's jabs come out with the speed of lightning. Hope to play you more in the future!

@Atticus: Such great use of Raptor Boost! I knew it was good for punishing rolls, but I didn't know it was such a good anti-approach tool. Made me really wary of dashing in. And the fact that it cancels out my down smash. I us down smash a lot for spacing so it was pretty painful having my attack be cancelled and being out-sped by your jabs.

@ TweetyPurd TweetyPurd : Thanks so much for the doubles matches! I really enjoy the format and hope to do a lot more of it in Smash 4. Heck might even get into 4v4s if that becomes a thing. xD
We definitely used a lot of gimmicks, but that's what I'm all about. I will always push an advantage over my opponents if I have one to use. Though maybe if we get more practice we can find a way to sort out of the chaos and bring out better fundamentals as a doubles team. Thanks for the heads up!

@ mask1n mask1n : Duuuude. Such an awesome last match. We both hit 101% and then kept fighting extremely cautiously, but aiming to kill for 54 seconds! That was the craziest match I think I've ever had in Smash 4. My heart was pumping into overdrive the whole time. Normally someone gets KO'd at that percentage in just a few seconds, maybe 10 seconds tops. But 54? So crazy.

@Villyness (V): Really good matches as usual! It was tough but I managed to take a couple games off of you in our two sets so I'm happy with that. It's pretty tough, but I think Donkey Kong is the character I need to prevent myself from being counter-picked by Ness. Oh and any tournament that has custom moves enabled I hope you're ready for Wind Waker Donkey Kong. :D

Oh! And we're a super awesome doubles team. The air control from Villager with Little Mac dominating the ground is just amazing. Who knew? We'll have to practice some more and see if we can find more people to play with. Gotta get ready for those future 2v2 tournaments.

@ MGK MGK : Nice seeing you again as always! Next time we play PM I'm pretty sure I'll get crushed. Playing at RMIT I could definitely see I've forgotten all of my combos, what percentages go into what, and what things work on certain weight/fast-falling characters. Should still be fun though.

As for Smash 4 I never got to see any of your games, but it sounds like you're still having a super rough time. We'll have to play sometime so I can get a better idea of how you approach the game.

@AzuraSarah: Thanks for the friendlies! It's nice getting some match-up knowledge on a character that almost no one plays. It wouldn't be any good if I lose to a Mii Gunner simply cus I didn't know the character.
Grats on placing 5th! I'm sure you'll only continue to do better and better as time goes on. It's easy to see you have the drive to improve yourself in Smash 4.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Venks Said:

As for Smash 4 I never got to see any of your games, but it sounds like you're still having a super rough time. We'll have to play sometime so I can get a better idea of how you approach the game.
Thanks Venks. :) I'm actually thinking of dropping melee to focus more on Smash 4 since it's hard going from game to game. I actually had a lot of fun with smash 4. As hard as it is sometimes playing ganondorf against projectiles, if I know I can chill and really focus on the game at hand instead of thinking about the other matches I have on (PM and Melee), I would be more patient and be more wise in my approaches and really think about my opponent on what they are doing. So hopefully in the next tourney I'll improve. :)

Top Bottom