• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
For those experiencing slowdowns it might be useful if you gave your computer's specs. I myself am able to run it fine on my:
Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz
8.00GB RAM
64-bit OS
AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics card

Loving Forsburn so far. And really quick I would like to point out that he has some of the most dynamic hit-boxes. Down-air specifically with its forward hit at the beginning of the swing contrasted with a spike at the end of the swing is a great use of spacing where the player is rewarded for proper spacing and it is a theme I would recommend to be added to more characters. This is present in other moves and other characters but it hasn't been so noticeable as of yet.

Merchant Port is pretty sweet and the spinning 4 platforms add some interesting interactions with Flames/Puddles/Rocks. It is the first Basic stage that has moving/shifting features so I can understand that some people might find it different. However, I wouldn't change it unless you find that it gives significant dis/advantages to specific characters.

More will come with more play.

EDIT:

Forsburn's Smoke and Decoys can get overwhelming if the opponent doesn't have the tools to deal with them. Wrastor and Orcane seem fine as Wrastor's speed, 'nado and air current are able to clear the skies and likewise Orcane's speed and Bubbles do a good job at that.

For Kragg and ironically Zetterburn things can get quite difficult. Kragg is just slow so while he can clear them with moves like his Rock Pebbles and the like, his commitment to do so is punishable. His down-b is quite useful in freeing the local area but he still has trouble adapting from what I've seen.

Zetterburn is faster but his hitboxes are the most smaller so the expanse of the smoke is sometimes overwhelming. Nicely his Fireball goes right through multiple smoke clouds so that is helpful, but he still an overdue amount of trouble with the Decoy.

The ditto is the ditto, and although things get crazy no one can really say it is unfair.

I have three suggestions here; use what you find useful.
1. Make the Decoy unable to use Special moves, particularly neutral special. It already can't use down-b/side-b from what I've seen, but up-b isn't that useful and the decoy using the neutral b is where things get crazy with this character.
2. Reduce the number of clouds that nB creates.
3. Allow Clouds to be destroyed before they fully materialize.

Not all of these would have to be used but first impressions with this the smoke is that it is very spammable.

Last edited:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Loving the game so far! Couple things regarding ZB:
-Feels like his upB is a bit too strong for kill.
-Has a set direction been considered on his "shine"? Feels really hard to followup sometimes depending on the angle you shined them. Might be good to keep it thius way though to avoid being too strong.

-I personally think the clone feature on FB is going to become too good.

-Kragg is an awesome character concept, but I feel like his upB is too good. It stays on the screen for a REALLY long time and the amount of ground it can block is pretty crazy. I just think it's too good.

Jazz-E

Smash Rookie
Not having the newest build I really have no idea on how Forsburn feels in the game. But, I feel his Side+B might be a little tooo nice. Maybe make it so that you need to have Consumed smoke but instead of Combusting you can now Side+B to make the clone, with more hitpoints with the more smoke you've Consumed.

- Consume 3 Smokescreens, Side+B, Clone that takes 3 hits to kill.
- Consume 1 Smokescreen, Side+B, Clone that takes 1 hit to kill. etc.

Just an idea I had floating up in my head.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
Not having the newest build I really have no idea on how Forsburn feels in the game. But, I feel his Side+B might be a little tooo nice. Maybe make it so that you need to have Consumed smoke but instead of Combusting you can now Side+B to make the clone, with more hitpoints with the more smoke you've Consumed.

- Consume 3 Smokescreens, Side+B, Clone that takes 3 hits to kill.
- Consume 1 Smokescreen, Side+B, Clone that takes 1 hit to kill. etc.

Just an idea I had floating up in my head.
Great idea for having to consume smoke for the decoy, but adding multiple hits for the clone is too overwhelming.

If I may add: your character would add smoke (like or in replace of forward-tilt) if they side-b and don't have a consumed cloud available.

On a tangent: having to consume three clouds may be a bit complex and lowering the effectiveness of Combust (marginally, it doesn't kill to early anyway) as well as only requiring one cloud might be a simpler solution that achieves a similar goal.

VenomaShockwave

Smash Cadet
Hey Dan! Thanks for letting me try out RoA at the XBOX lounge at GDC and hanging out at the Pocket Gems party, I had a great time in California and it was just a little bit better after getting to play a game in the spirit of my favorite genre. (My name is Collyn irl), we discussed the possibility of me being able to get my hands on a build of RoA for testing and spreading the word? I have a lot of friends who would have a blast playing it. Also if you are interested in implementing internet multiplayer, I would love to offer my assistance as a game engineering major. I want to see the code and help out. I really like what you're onto here, and I want to move it forward in any way possible.

Last edited:

ShinyisSilent

Smash Rookie
Today I got to show RoA to my friend.Although hes not really into the fighting game genre he played a couple of rounds.He was very impressed with Orcane's puddle ability being able to do many things with it and thought that the stunning of bubbles and length of the strong attacks on the puddle where a little strong.We also watched some streams that included Forsburn.He thought that he looked like a really cool fast character and was really interested in his ability to hide in his smoke and have a clone of himself.He only played Kragg and really liked using his pillar a lot and thought throwing rocks in peoples faces was funny.He didn't really comment much on Zetterburn and Wrastor though.Altogether he seemed have a pretty fun time with the game.

Last edited:

ShinyisSilent

Smash Rookie
I didnt get an email or anything so I think I got denied
Your still on a list.This is a response to a similar question earlier today from Dan on Reddit ''I had much more than 40 applicants and picked 40. I read through all the applications and added the emails to our system.I will slowly expand the March playtest a bit but it probably won't get much bigger. If you feel you have more relevant information now though you can send another email just flag it 'Playtest Application Update - Smash Tag'. Please include the word 'Update' in the subject. Thanks!''

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Found another glitch

So what happened was i was in a team battle and after defeating one of the two blue team characters the match ended and this happened

Galaxy Ace

Smash Rookie
Hey there. Loving this build. I'm definitely going to try to bring it to local events and get the feedback of players, hopefully of many skill levels. A few things to comment on:

-For starters, I am also receiving some slowdown when there are many Forsburn smoke clouds on the screen (eight or more seems to begin slowing down). Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i5-2430 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, and Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics.

-When Forsburn has consumed three clouds of smoke and changes color, his clone remains normal colored. Seems like a bug but it could be a design choice? Smoke-filled Forsburn has access to an extra powerful move that the clone can't use so perhaps it's more balanced this way, but it feels bad for the Forsburn player to have some of their clone's decoy functionality removed.

-When using Wrastor's side or up smash above the ground and then land, there's no landing animation at all and you get locked up into a landing state for quite a long time, even if you finished the move a good distance above the ground. His down smash doesn't operate this way, it has some animation when you hit the ground and the landing lag feels appropriate. It makes me hesitant to use the smashes too close to the ground as you get locked in landing lag even if you used the smash at the apex of a full jump, so I think this should be adjusted if it was intentional (I don't think it was though).

Will post more as I play more.

steak4prez

Smash Cadet

Pictured: Blue Forsburn hidden behind Green Smokescreen
Looks like any Forsburn can hide behind any smokescreen

EDIT: Also, Galaxy Ace's point, is the intense amount of landing lag on Wrastor's F-Strong and U-Strong intentional? I know the patch notes mention the animation completing but it is somewhat clunky-looking. I could understand the change for balance purposes (though the lag iiiiis a little long imo) but Wrastor being stuck in one frame for that long seems relatively out of place in such a fast-paced game

EDIT2: After day one of playing, I'm of the opinion that smoke currently doesn't do enough for Forsburn to justify how easily they're cleared away by the enemy. Something mentioned on this stream is that you may consider dividing one cloud into fourths for the same surface area but smaller hitboxes or something.

EDIT3: PS Pajamas Zetterburn is the best color palette in the game, thank you for adding Pajamas Zetterburn

Last edited:

Aizen

Smash Rookie
NNID
AizenCaptain5
Alright I have an opinion drop/day one impressions.

Stages
I feel the Merchant Port Basic version should have standard platforms, one at the top and the two on the side like Battlefield in smash.

Characters
I feel like Wrastor has a little too much lag on his Side and Up smashes when landing on the ground.

I like Orcane, I feel his Up B is a little too strong though. I feel like it has too much knockback when you hit someone with it, I have the same complaint about Zetter and his smash attacks when a Rival is on fire.

Zetterburn feels great, I have played him the most. I feel like hes a little strong as above, but other then that he seems fairly balanced in my opinion.

Kragg's Up air seems really good. and especially if you can catch someone in an Up B and smack them upwards with someing close to the ceiling.

Forsburn is a lot of fun, I do think that he needs a momentum drop when down B-ing in the air. and the clone not be able to use neutral B. Someone else said the same about him, I'm simply agreeing.

Havent come across any new bugs/issues yet.

Mum

Smash Cadet

Pictured: Blue Forsburn hidden behind Green Smokescreen
Looks like any Forsburn can hide behind any smokescreen

EDIT: Also, Galaxy Ace's point, is the intense amount of landing lag on Wrastor's F-Strong and U-Strong intentional? I know the patch notes mention the animation completing but it is somewhat clunky-looking. I could understand the change for balance purposes (though the lag iiiiis a little long imo) but Wrastor being stuck in one frame for that long seems relatively out of place in such a fast-paced game

EDIT2: After day one of playing, I'm of the opinion that smoke currently doesn't do enough for Forsburn to justify how easily they're cleared away by the enemy. Something mentioned on this stream is that you may consider dividing one cloud into fourths for the same surface area but smaller hitboxes or something.

EDIT3: PS Pajamas Zetterburn is the best color palette in the game, thank you for adding Pajamas Zetterburn
Hey I put up that stream! Thanks for paying so much attention, which viewer were you? We had a lot of good points brought up by the chat. I want to back up the point that Forsburn's clouds seem too easily destroyed, which keeps forsburn from using them deceptively. I like the idea of keeping the current smoke formation, but have the current cloud size be divided into four.

...did those images come up?I just see
No I don't see the image shiny. :(

Last edited:

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
-When using Wrastor's side or up smash above the ground and then land, there's no landing animation at all and you get locked up into a landing state for quite a long time, even if you finished the move a good distance above the ground. His down smash doesn't operate this way, it has some animation when you hit the ground and the landing lag feels appropriate. It makes me hesitant to use the smashes too close to the ground as you get locked in landing lag even if you used the smash at the apex of a full jump, so I think this should be adjusted if it was intentional (I don't think it was though).
Dan has mentioned Wrastors smashes being intentionally meant as finishers. With that in mind they were given the most landing lag of all Rivals moves. In the previous build the would also cancel completely (no hitbox) if they landed so you wouldn't even get to use the attack, but what the patch notes state is that the attack is guaranteed to come out. It is a convenient improvement, but at the same time the landing lag is even more noticeable. If you want to combo a different move is definitely better. Down Smash is also jump-cancelable so that seems to be treated differently.

I did like the one that that replaced (other blue) but the rare white furred Lion is a keeper. I don't know why his paws aren't white though.

Mum

Smash Cadet
Dan has mentioned Wrastors smashes being intentionally meant as finishers. With that in mind they were given the most landing lag of all Rivals moves. In the previous build the would also cancel completely (no hitbox) if they landed so you wouldn't even get to use the attack, but what the patch notes state is that the attack is guaranteed to come out.
That is something I misssed! I'll rethink wrastor's smashes

I did like the one that that replaced (other blue) but the rare white furred Lion is a keeper. I don't know why his paws aren't white though.
Because it's a onesie. ;)

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Man so jealous of all the play-testers with the new build. Wishing I didn't have a mac

Natethepipkin

Smash Rookie
Thought this was interesting:

So obviously there's a lot of talk about what the next possible newcomers will be like and I have my own ideas based off the facts I got so far. Obviously Forsburn is the "rival counterpart to Zetterburn, so that leaves rivals for Orcane, Wrastor and Kragg.

The second water rival: This one is what most people are going to say and it's a really safe option, the only reason I can see them not going for this is because it would be too obvious; Ice Rival. Their main mechanic would revolve around either freezing and keeping their enemy in stasis or it would revolve around freezing parts of the arena and having massive stage control. Perhaps certain moves slide when the arena is frozen allowing the ice rival to zone really well. As an added bonus, this character could fall under the Mighty Glacier archetype (beyond slow but insanely powerful) or easy to break (like ice). An ice rival might be obvious but it can be done in so many ways.

Wind/Air Rival: This one was suggested by another user, a lightning/thunder user. Now how would this one be unique? Just lightning fast? Naw. I got a better idea. The lightning user would charge up cloud points and when it has them charged up, it can use a move (presumably the up special) to fly up in the cloud. With this, they can fly around for a bit and shoot a powerful lightning strike below them. Basically, it revolves around three p's. Preparation, Punishment, Positioning.

Earth Rival: Steel Rival would be interested. A rival that focuses solely on defense. There could also be a plant rival, a mineral rival, a digging rival, etc etc. Earth rival has a lot of possibilities.

So what kind of ideas do other people have?

dquarius

Smash Rookie
Just checking in, I,ve have been messing around with the build and also brought it over at my friend anime club he formed at school I also have a close friend whos playtested a game before, either late sunday or monday i will give my first impression of the march build as well what my friend thinks of it.

Cirby64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cirby64
Not sure what exactly happened here...

Edit: Orcane was able to teleport to all of them. Once one was consumed, he could up-special again to reach another.

Last edited:

Jazz-E

Smash Rookie
So what kind of ideas do other people have?
I think the lightning/thunder character's gimmick is a a little TOO gimmicky, I was thinking something ala Zeus in Smite where you get lightning stacks from certain attacks on your enemy that float around their heads, with max stacks (presumably 4-5) being a crossed lightning bolts, his (down+b) detonates any charges that have accumulated on enemies, having a lightning bolt stike down from the sky doing x1/x2x3/x4/ %damage putting them in hitstun for a bit (kind of a combo extender) but does NO knockback. Like a quick ZSS stun gun shot. Can bring his opponents up to absurd percents to make it easy to kill. So its not an inherent kill gimmick, but it's a percent amplifier.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Not sure what exactly happened here...

Edit: Orcane was able to teleport to all of them. Once one was consumed, he could up-special again to reach another.
I got this glitch in the January build. Not sure if it is back or if it was never patched out in the first place. When I get home ill post the twitch highlight again where it happens.

Last edited:

ShinyisSilent

Smash Rookie
After watching this new update on streams I feel like I can give some of my thoughts of the patch.The character select images look very well done I especially like that the outlines of the characters in the icons feel more bold and noticeable.I don't really understand what you mean by a information button has been added seeing that it's already been in the game...possible that you might of meant they've been updated?Regardless I think that they give some good general information about each character and are helpful to new players.

Merchant Port has great music with a happy tone that really feels like a almost embodiment of Orcane himself :3.The atmosphere and art of the stage is probably my favorite out of the stages so far just the feeling of openest of the stage is nice.Now for its Aether mode of the stage.I really like hazards and I think the wheel itself should stay with the Aether mode (Again this is coming from someone who has not played on the stage).The way basic stages seem to play out as no disruptions (like Fire Capital basic mode no wall.Air Armada basic mode no spring) so I think some stationary platforms around the wheel would fit it better for basic mode.(thoughts on this http://prntscr.com/6h61a4).

Really glad you're looking into the slow down problem as someone who has had the problem slightly.I am curious about the Zetterburn jab extensions and don't have really feelings to express of it seeing that I really don't play Zetterburn myself (anyone who has the build have any thoughts on it?).The changes to Zetterburns and Orcanes projectiles being now able to destroy Kraggs pillar felt justified and the changes to the pillar now putting those on it into a fall state was a well executed balance.The ability to not being able to neutral special on the pillar felt needed and encourages less passive play.The frames extending the animation of Kragg taking out the block was understandable.Being able to ''Rock throw''''smash''in quick succession was the reason for the change I'm assuming.

As for Wrastors changes to dash attack on the ground and in the air I can see why it was done and I love them.Seeing that Wrastor is a aerial fighter it is curious for him to have such speed on the ground.I feel like I would also like to see a slight change to Wrastors up tilt still as like all of Wrastors other ground moves maybe have it more for utility?It just feels oddly strong for him in that position (I really want to see other Wrastor players giving thoughts on that).The change to Wrastors hit stun on his side special looks good on paper (I really didn't look for it or notice while watching him in the build).F and U strong attacks now completing before cancelling on the ground was a good change.And finally for Forsburn!I really like the look of him (the skull mask is adorable) and his in game model seems to have really great detail put into it.His abilities and his attacks look like they flow together nicely and looks like a overall great character (I think I want to hold my opinions of the character and think on them ti'll I see more of him to make a accusation that I feel is accurate).

Altogether I thought this was a great update and I would like to thank everyone who is streaming and making videos of the game!Really nice seeing new people interested and getting the name of the game out there.Love you all!

Last edited:

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
After watching this new update on streams I feel like I can give some of my thoughts of the patch. The character select images look very well done I especially like that the outlines of the characters in the icons feel more bold and noticeable. I don't really understand what you mean by a information button has been added seeing that it's already been in the game...possible that you might of meant they've been updated? Regardless I think that they give some good general information about each character and are helpful to new players.

Merchant Port has great music with a happy tone that really feels like a almost embodiment of Orcane himself :3. The atmosphere and art of the stage is probably my favorite out of the stages so far just the feeling of openest of the stage is nice. Now for its Aether mode of the stage.I really like hazards and I think the wheel itself should stay with the Aether mode (Again this is coming from someone who has not played on the stage). The way basic stages seem to play out as no disruptions (like Fire Capital basic mode no wall. Air Armada basic mode no spring) so I think some stationary platforms around the wheel would fit it better for basic mode (my thoughts on this http://prntscr.com/6h61a4).

Really glad you're looking into the slow down problem as someone who has had the problem slightly. I am curious about the Zetterburn jab extensions and don't have really feelings to express of it seeing that I really don't play Zetterburn myself (anyone who has the build have any thoughts on it?). The changes to Zetterburn's and Orcane's projectiles being now able to destroy Kragg's pillar felt justified and the changes to the pillar now putting those on it into a fall state was a well executed balance. The ability to not being able to neutral special on the pillar felt needed and encourages less passive play. The frames extending the animation of Kragg taking out the block was understandable. Being able to ''Rock throw''''smash'' in quick succession was the reason for the change I'm assuming.

As for Wrastor's changes to dash attack on the ground and in the air I can see why it was done and I love them.Seeing that Wrastor is a aerial fighter it is curious for him to have such speed on the ground.I feel like I would also like to see a slight change to Wrastor's up tilt still as like all of Wrastor's other ground moves maybe have it more for utility?It just feels oddly strong for him in that position (I really want to see other Wrastor players giving thoughts on that). The change to Wrastor's hit stun on his side special looks good on paper (I really didn't look for it or notice while watching him in the build). F and U strong attacks now completing before cancelling on the ground was a good change. And finally for Forsburn!I really like the look of him (the skull mask is adorable) and his in game model seems to have really great detail put into it. His abilities and his attacks look like they flow together nicely and looks like a overall great character (I think I want to hold my opinions of the character and think on them until I see more of him to make a accusation that I feel is accurate).

Altogether I thought this was a great update and I would like to thank everyone who is streaming and making videos of the game! Really nice seeing new people interested and getting the name of the game out there. Love you all!
The Great Wall of Text keeping all the posters away from reading it all. /s
I had to add spaces and paragraphs myself just to read it. Anyway...

The layout of Merchant Port as you suggested could be used to circle camp (avoid engagement by running over them on the platforms). I may be of different opinion as to moving items in that I think that if the movement of the plats isn't biased towards a particular character then it is fine.

The playtest build before I joined had a upward kick for Wrastor that acted as an anti-air/combo starter. I didn't use it but am interested in how it worked and why it was changed. Also many of you guys on here seem determined that Wrastor must have a bad ground game because he is an Air character. He already has fewer available moves on the ground (nothing that attacks behind him like D-Smashes often do). Each move should have some use IMO, and to nerf his ground game to nothing doesn't seem right.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I'm going to stream some more Forsburn for about an hour until I need to get ready for work. I'm really enjoying this character so far, more than I thought I would.

I also might be able to stream some gameplay during our weekly tomorrow, but it really depends on if the interest is there. I'll get back to you guys then.

ShinyisSilent

Smash Rookie
The Great Wall of Text keeping all the posters away from reading it all. /s
I had to add spaces and paragraphs myself just to read it. Anyway...

The layout of Merchant Port as you suggested could be used to circle camp (avoid engagement by running over them on the platforms). I may be of different opinion as to moving items in that I think that if the movement of the plats isn't biased towards a particular character then it is fine.

The playtest build before I joined had a upward kick for Wrastor that acted as an anti-air/combo starter. I didn't use it but am interested in how it worked and why it was changed. Also many of you guys on here seem determined that Wrastor must have a bad ground game because he is an Air character. He already has fewer available moves on the ground (nothing that attacks behind him like D-Smashes often do). Each move should have some use IMO, and to nerf his ground game to nothing doesn't seem right.
Sorry for not making paragraphs I didn't even realize that I wasn't doing it.

But I can see what you mean by circle camp didn't really think of that.
And maybe the moving wheel isn't to bad for basic mode.Just thought that it would have to be kind of ''uniform'' with the other stages but I think it being different in that way might be nice.

I can agree with the justification of every move to have a use and I'm pretty interested in this anti-air move...Think I was wrong on the up tilt.

Thank you for telling your thoughts.

Last edited:

steak4prez

Smash Cadet
Hey I put up that stream! Thanks for paying so much attention, which viewer were you? We had a lot of good points brought up by the chat. I want to back up the point that Forsburn's clouds seem too easily destroyed, which keeps forsburn from using them deceptively. I like the idea of keeping the current smoke formation, but have the current cloud size be divided into four.
I'm solarderivative on Reddit and Twitch.

What are everybody's thoughts on Zetterburn as a character? I think the objective of making him a very Smash-like character, a good introduction for people coming over from Smash Bros, is an objective that is accomplished pretty well. Balance-wise, he seems to be a very well-rounded character, perhaps a little too well-rounded? When I'm playing him I don't really feel like I'm lacking in any particular area. Does anybody here feel that Zetterburn has any obvious weaknesses?

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet

What are everybody's thoughts on Zetterburn as a character? I think the objective of making him a very Smash-like character, a good introduction for people coming over from Smash Bros, is an objective that is accomplished pretty well. Balance-wise, he seems to be a very well-rounded character, perhaps a little too well-rounded? When I'm playing him I don't really feel like I'm lacking in any particular area. Does anybody here feel that Zetterburn has any obvious weaknesses?
Zetterburn is kinda of weird starting off.

His 2 part upsmash and sidesmash kinda caught me off guard. The first game I used them, I thought they were just garbage moves and just didn't use them. I like it now though. The weak hit to pull them into the strong hit is really satisfying and cool. It would be nice if there was something that told you he had a 2 part smash. Maybe in the little thing that explains his specials and stuff.

He does feel a little TOO good in some aspects. I mean, I guess the only thing you can really bag on is his up-b being punishable if you read it, but I mean it's basically Sheik so it's whatever.

Does ZB's dair have a spike hitbox? It looks a lot like Marth's so I would assume it does.

QUESTION: Any plans to get multiple CPU difficulties? Right now, the CPUs feel a lot like level 4 CPUs on Smash.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice

Well he lacks a bit in range as the most compact character and well timed attacks destroy his recovery. He also doesn't have insane tools like everyone else so you need to be on point to keep up.

Zetterburn is kinda of weird starting off.

His 2 part upsmash and sidesmash kinda caught me off guard. The first game I used them, I thought they were just garbage moves and just didn't use them. I like it now though. The weak hit to pull them into the strong hit is really satisfying and cool. It would be nice if there was something that told you he had a 2 part smash. Maybe in the little thing that explains his specials and stuff.

He does feel a little TOO good in some aspects. I mean, I guess the only thing you can really bag on is his up-b being punishable if you read it, but I mean it's basically Sheik so it's whatever.

Does ZB's dair have a spike hitbox? It looks a lot like Marth's so I would assume it does.

QUESTION: Any plans to get multiple CPU difficulties? Right now, the CPUs feel a lot like level 4 CPUs on Smash.
I think he was talking about Zetterburn and you are talking about Forsburn.

The beginning hit of his dair doesn't spike but when he swings behind him it spikes.

Last edited:

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
I think he was talking about Zetterburn and you are talking about Forsburn.

The beginning hit of his dair doesn't spike but when he swings behind him it spikes.
Yo I'm the dumbest person alive.

Now I know who I'm talking about, allow me to look like less of an idiot.

To mean, ZB feels sorta like a Space Animal in a game of Captain Falcons. He feels SLIGHTLY stronger than all of the other characters. I feel like he has literally every tool he would need. I mean, I guess none of it is super overwhelming, except for the passive effect with the fire consumption on smashes. If that consumption passive thing was nerfed a bit, I don't think he'd feel too strong, y'know.

Also, this game needs some taunts.

Last edited:

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Yo I'm the dumbest person alive.

Now I know who I'm talking about, allow me to look like less of an idiot.

To mean, ZB feels sorta like a Space Animal in a game of Captain Falcons. He feels SLIGHTLY stronger than all of the other characters. I feel like he has literally every tool he would need. I mean, I guess none of it is super overwhelming, except for the passive effect with the fire consumption on smashes. If that consumption passive thing was nerfed a bit, I don't think he'd feel too strong, y'know.

Also, this game needs some taunts.
Believe it or not, it used to be a LOT worse. You could get real early kills with it as low as 40-60% depending if it was Wrastor or not. It has been nerfed quite a bit already and honestly I feel fine with it now. Besides, it is so easy to DI those moves. Seeing how straightforward Z is compared to the rest of the cast, he kinda needs something to get reliable kills as he might be too predictable otherwise.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
What I like about this game so far is that so many people consider different characters to be OP. ZB and Kragg on the boards, Wrastor (and probably FB soon) at my locals, and I saw some complaining at how lame Orcane can be during some streams.

All in all, I feel that the entire cast was made to feel really strong with a relatively low learning curve, making each character seemingly OP to the standard smash player. We'll see in time if my assumptions are correct though, and we still have 3 more characters to go!

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've been so busy and missed a lot.
Just reapplied. I hope taking 2 days to do it doesn't hurt my chances.
What I'm about to say is without having access to the new build, just from what I've read. I think Kragg getting nerfed as hard as he was is uncalled for, and Orcane not getting nerfed really grinds my gears. I've always felt as if Orcane has been stronger than the rest of the cast by a very significant amount, and seeing my main get nerfed instead is saddening. I'll have to see how it all plays out once/if I get my hands on the new build.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
I havent had much time to play with FB yet, but one quick thing I thought of and tried a bit.

As things work now FB can avoid touching the ground indefinitely.
up-special into smoke -> re-position -> up-special into smoke -> ect....
I am not sure this is actually unfair, but it could be a somewhat annoying off stage stall tech. I feel like it should maybe be changed to him only getting his jump and up-special back once, or maaaybe twice per air time. I dont think it will really hurt him, and it will probably prevent shenanigans other characters cant hope to achieve.

Top Bottom