• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether now on Steam Greenlight!

Rivals of Aether is an independently developed, Smash-inspired 2-D fighting game by a small team of talented indie developers. It beautifully combines Smash's core elements while bringing new features, making for a refreshing yet familiar experience. Along with that, Rivals of Aether boasts a wide variety of unique stages and characters, as well as a retro look and a catchy chip-tune soundtrack.

Steam Greenlight is a service that allows indie devs submit their games to Steam with the help of the fans.

Previously, the only way to purchase Rivals of Aether was downloading it for Xbox One, but now, the Rivals of Aether team hopes to bring the game to Steam - and they need help! By visiting its Steam Greenlight page and saying "Yes" to the given question, you can help Rivals of Aether get on Steam.

Want to Rivals of Aether in action? Check out its most recent trailer from E3!

Pokemon64ism is the newest addition to the Smashboards Writing Staff. Keep up with him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.

Last edited:

Comments

The logo reminds me of Megaman X!
The game itself seems to be pretty good. I hope it's a success. Also, it could be released in eShop! I think it could have Smash 4 itself as concurrence, but maybe Nintendo themselves would promote it too along other "Nindies"

Last edited:
I've watched gameplay of this game a few times before. It looks kind of dumb tbh. I'd rather just stick to Smash Flash if I wanted to play a Smash-like indie game.

Looks pretty solid. Props to the developers for creating such a nice-looking IP.

Though I am still holding out for an indie game Smash Bros. with Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Quote.

D
>Ten years from now
>Rivals of Aether 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Wave-dashing is removed
>Tripping is added
>70% of the game's development is spent on a story mode
>Game includes Sonic as a guest star
>"No clones"
>Game gets delayed 3 times before release
But was I talking about Brawl or RoA2? *dun dun dun*

seriously though, why isn't thiscoming to Wii U?

I need to check this game out. I'm not a huge fan of games other than Smash in this "genre" (Digimon Rumble Arena and TMNT Smash-up were meh to me) but this has renewed my faith. Can't wait!

Looking forward to it!
I got Skullgirls, King of Fighters and Virtua Fighter in my Steam library.

I look forward to adding Rivals of Aether along with the likes of Street Fighter, Divekick, and so on!

>Ten years from now
>Rivals of Aether 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Wave-dashing is removed
>Tripping is added
>70% of the game's development is spent on a story mode
>Game includes Sonic as a guest star
>"No clones"
>Game gets delayed 3 times before release
But was I talking about Brawl or RoA2? *dun dun dun*

next week...in the new Ninty direct... ;)

The developers on Steam said they're looking into that in the future after the initial PC release. So it's up in the air.

They'll also likely have a Linux and Mac release as well from what I gather, especially the latter.

I've watched gameplay of this game a few times before. It looks kind of dumb tbh. I'd rather just stick to Melee I wanted to play a Smash game.
Lol hell no. Melee is terrible. I'd play it if I wanted to play a horribly imbalanced game with poor controls though.

Last edited:
Is this by the same people who made super smash land in game maker? I noticed Orcane's move set is like Vaporeon with the bubbles aerial and up b teleport.
Edit*: Nvm, just found out it is made by the same people, sweet.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not interested in this at all but I really like the logo! The characters don't seem to have much character to me lol

Top Bottom