• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether launches on September 24th

roa.jpg

After a long wait, Rivals of Aether: Definitive Edition will be launching on September 24th Nintendo Switch and Steam. What's included?
  • All original and guest character expansions will be included. Plus, all stages unlocked automatically.
  • Tetherball Mode that allows players to compete in a best of three in Tetherball.
  • Updates to fan favorite modes
  • Online will now be able to play 4 players instead of 2.
    • 2v2 and Free-for-All Online Play
    • Online support for Abyss Versus, Abyss Endless, and Tetherball
  • A Milestone System for unlocking cosmetics
  • Steam Workshop will be moving from the Beta Branch to the Base Game
    • Steam Workshop support will not be available for the Switch version.
A trailer can be seen down below,

Rivals of Aether: Definitive Edition will launch on September 24th, 2020 for Nintendo Switch and Steam, and Xbox One in 2021 at a cost of $29.99. All Players who purchase Rivals of Aether on Steam before the Definitive Edition releases will automatically receive an upgrade.

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Never got around to playing this but always thought it looked great. Definitely be picking the Definitive Edition up!

I haven't played this before, so I'm looking forward to trying out the Switch version! I played Super Smash Land when that was originally released, and by my understanding, this is made by the same person who made that.

lol just when I started trying out the Steam version of Rivals for the first time we finally get the release date for the switch version. I'm still hyped that it's finally coming out though. I'm new to the game and the community but I hope it keeps growing thanks the Switch port.

That's awesome, Kinda sad that there will be no workshop for the Switch version, But hey it looks so dang Fun so I'll let it slide.

Top Bottom