• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether: Definitive Edition releases for Switch in 2020

Rivals_Definitive.jpg

At Genesis 7 there was one big announcement - the long awaited (and teased) Rivals of Aether Switch version was finally unveiled. The Definitive Edition will include four player online, all previously released characters, stages, and modes - this includes both of the guest characters, Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight and Ori & Sein from Ori and the Blind Forest.

Steam Workshop support will, unfortunately, not be included in the Nintendo Switch version due to being impossible. Every other mode from the original game will be included.

The trailer can be found below,

https://www.youtube.com/embed/T9WOY21TjOA?feature=oembed

Author’s Note: Are you excited? I really enjoy Rivals of Aether, so I’m definitely looking forward to picking up a second copy.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

As hype as this is, the lack of Untitled Goose pains me. But I guess Steam has to have something special about it's release...

tbh the game is great, but it's just not worth it without the workshop. That's like 99% of what makes this game so good.

Nice! I've waited a long time to get RoA for the Switch so I'll be double dipping. Between now and it's release I wonder what other new content Dan will reveal for the game?

tbh the game is great, but it's just not worth it without the workshop. That's like 99% of what makes this game so good.
I respectfully disagree. The base game is worth the price of admission alone. Steam workshop is basically icing on the cake.

I think the mere novelty of this being on the same console as Smash is enough for this to be hype. Seriously, it's so cool that the game has progressed this far!

Top Bottom