• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether coming to Steam Workshop & Switch Support

Rivals of Aether.jpg

Last Friday at Super Smash Con, the Rivals of Aether team announced Steam Workshop support. This support will be coming "soon". Steam Workshop will allow people to add in their own custom content to Rivals of Aether, along with a new character named Guadua and being able to pick apart their April Fool's character, Sandbert. While the Rivals of Aether team have talked about the Switch version for a while on Twitter, Dan recently tweeted a picture of a Rivals of Aether banner at Super Smash Con, with the Nintendo Switch logo on it.

While there are currently no plans to make any content from the Steam Workshop official, the Rivals of Aether team have expressed interest in Workshop side events.

Author's Note: What do you think of these newest Rivals of Aether announcements? I'm pretty pumped. Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Am I the only one that wishes Guadua was actually being implemented?
Nah. Hoping so too.

I don't think there's nothing saying they won't; it's just a hard commit for them right now. They have 3 platforms to keep up with (PC/Switch/Xbox) and they're already planning a physical release. Here's hoping, but for now, I'll enjoy the Steam Workshop implementation.

I guess this means M.U.G.E.N Smash is finally a thing.
I can't wait for Ronald McDonald to dominate the custom character meta.

I guess this means M.U.G.E.N Smash is finally a thing.
I can't wait for Ronald McDonald to dominate the custom character meta.
*sigh* I hadn't even thought of that. For every third custom character that's an awesome idea that blends organically into the world with a great design and concept, another third will be terrible OCs that are way too OP for any reasonable play, and the other third will be meme characters like Rick Astley, Hitler, Steve Harvey, Jake Paul, Lonk, you get the picture.

Last edited:
*sigh* I hadn't even tohught of that. For every third custom character that's an awesome idea that blends organically into the world with a great design and concept, another third will be terrible OCs that are way too OP for any reasonable play, and the other third will be meme characters like Rick Astley, Hitler, Steve Harvey, Jake Paul, Lonk, you get the picture.
We all know Oscar the Grouch will be garbage tier.

Can't wait for someone to port over every Smash character into this game. It's going to happen eventually, one way or another.

On a more serious note, I've had Rivals sitting in my Steam library for a year or two, never got around to playing it with no real good controller options for PC, this might motivate me to finally do something about that, though. A moddable platform-fighter, depending on how accessible the modding process is for making new characters, this could open the floodgates wide open for some real wacky stuff.

Can't wait for someone to port over every Smash character into this game. It's going to happen eventually, one way or another.

On a more serious note, I've had Rivals sitting in my Steam library for a year or two, never got around to playing it with no real good controller options for PC, this might motivate me to finally do something about that, though. A moddable platform-fighter, depending on how accessible the modding process is for making new characters, this could open the floodgates wide open for some real wacky stuff.
Oh yeah, hopefully the community support will breath some life into the game. Custom characters should add some fun to people playing and streaming/making videos for the game. There will be times for highlighting a great community character that people should add to their roster, but other videos will definitely be getting unsuspecting friends to play M.U.G.E.N 2.0 as you unleash atrocious meme customs onto them.

Top Bottom