• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals Championship Series: Season 3

rcs-banner@700.png

A few days ago, Rivals of Aether announced Season 3 of the Rivals Championship Series. For those who want to register, the smash.gg group is located here and for those who want information, more is located below.

The schedule can be found here as events consist of a combination of online and offline events. The circuit used to be more online centered. So far, the only events announced have been monthly singles online.

PRIZES

This season, all first time participants will receive a Champion Wrastor skin, and if the event reaches 350+ players all entrants will also receive a Champion Ranno skin. Players who achieve top 8 will secure themselves an elusive Champion Absa skin. More event and competitive related skins will be revealed as the season goes on.

At the end of last season, top players from eacah region received vouchers to play at the final event. Last season's final saw T2 | CakeAssault claim the victory and most of the $12,000 prize pool.

COMMUNITY
Rivals of Aether wants all players to feel at home during RCS. They're encouraging players to come hang out on Discord and Twitch during monthlies to make it as much of a community event as possible, in addition to being a tournament.

They'll be bringing out favorite commentators, new community rewards for participating, and more. The RCS Compendium will also be returning

More will be announced by the Rivals of Aether team throughout the week, including a full schedule for all regions, offline events, and full rules and points structure for all detail oriented players. They'll also be counting down the top 50 players from Season 2 over the week.

The team behind Rivals of Aether has put plenty of work in it and you can read about it here and here.

Author's Note: Are you excited for Season 3 of the RCS? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

one of these days, I'll get a good... no, stable enough network connection to try my hand at this!

meantime, I'll do my best to keep an eye on things, since I've been going through another burnout funk in Smash 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom