• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Rival Smash and all associated challenges SUCK.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The challenges I'm having trouble with are
- Get 4 KOs on your rival
- Get 3 KOs on your rival as Diddy Kong (I assume this was 10x easier before v1.0.6)

Thanks.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
The main key to success is letting your rival get occupied fighting Miis, then attack the rival. Run away, rinse, and repeat. This works in general for any character.

I had five rival KOs using Wario. If I remember correctly (my replay is long since invalid) two KOs were with fully charged wafts, another two with items, and one with the bike, though it was admittedly on version 1.01. I spammed his bike on the main platform, only jumping off to grab some of the items, especially the smart bomb and POW block. Even the ray gun may aid in a cheap KO. If you are lucky, you can ride your rival's bike to limit his recovery options.

I also had way more than the needed 85 KOs to accomplish the other challenge in the same run.

Others will surely post success stories with other characters, but Wario worked best for me.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I did it. Bowser spamming usmash wins this easily.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
For Diddy Kong, I just camped on/off the edge using the ledge attack to ward people off until an item came. I would go for the item, use it, then repeat. POW blocks are good for KOing rivals.

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
I beat it in one try with Diddy Kong in one try, but that was before his nerf so yeah >_>

If it helps, I did four kills with Ike, and it took me only 3 tries, so it was pretty easy. I also did the "get over 80 kill lead" in rival smash challenge with Ike.

Top Bottom