• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Spirit: An HD Indie Fighting Game (Update)

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Glad the resolution was fixed and thanks for the remarks! :)

Hmm, the issues you are having are strange and shouldn't be the case, the game isn't that demanding yet. What are your system specs? I only have an IntelHD and things work fine for me. If you do an attack and the slow down occurs, does the slow down occur if you do the same exact attack again or another one? The slowdown shouldn't be happening at all though.

Some other things to check, is it being played in fullscreen? If you last turned this off because you were trying to fix the resolution problem its still going to be in windowed which is terrible for performance. I'm hoping this is the cause of your issues

If you were in fullscreen, press spacebar at the start screen a debug fps thing pops up, what does it read when you are in the game, how many frames? Lastly did you get a slowdown in the chopped off version? Not sure if you went very far in the game when you saw things were chopped off but I'm curious if you get the slowdown with that version

If all that fails, can you try this? I turned off a vsync setting and am just curious what effect that has on you. Thanks for the help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvocwem58w8988i/Rising Spirit vsync.zip?dl=0
(it takes an hour to upload so if it doesn't work wait a little longer to try again)
This version ran MUCH better than the last one. Occasionally there are dropped frames, but it isn't even a problem due to how few are dropped. I did try out the cut-off version just to see how it ran, and it averaged about 30fps while in fullscreen. Thanks for helping me out again, and I'll give you my specs anyway in case you still wanted to see them.

CPU: AMD Sempron 150
RAM: 2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 536MHz
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 3047h
Graphics Card: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

kupo15

Smash Hero
This version ran MUCH better than the last one. Occasionally there are dropped frames, but it isn't even a problem due to how few are dropped. I did try out the cut-off version just to see how it ran, and it averaged about 30fps while in fullscreen. Thanks for helping me out again, and I'll give you my specs anyway in case you still wanted to see them.

CPU: AMD Sempron 150
RAM: 2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 536MHz
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 3047h
Graphics Card: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
30 fps? I can't believe that haha I don't even have a dedicated graphics card and things don't run that poorly, I have no idea why your rig is having such problem :( At least that version is much better for you, I'm happy to hear that! I think I should replace the fullscreen option with the vsync option in case people want it turned off. There is no reason not to have fullscreen so I'm not sure why I have it as an option.

Glad you will be able to enjoy it much better and thanks for the insight! :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I can't sample the game, because it is too wide for my monitor.
Really? How is that the case? I thought I fixed that a couple of weeks ago? What version date do you have and does the start screen say something like "Resolution Resized: (resolution)" What is your monitor resolution as well?

kupo15

Smash Hero
What version date did you download? It should say on the start screen

EDIT

I think I know what happened. You probably have the auto adjust version but because your resolution isn't standard ( by how I thought) I see why It's not fitting. Did you quit out of the menu? I believe the game should display ok, just not the gui.

I'll fix it for you and post an update when I get home tonight

Last edited:

kupo15

Smash Hero
My monitor Resolution is 1280 x 1024.
Here you go, this should fix it! Before I only did a 1080 ratio based off of the height of your monitor to get the best width but since your width is 720p resolution but your height is taller than 720, it made your width 1820. Now I check to make sure this number isn't bigger than your resolution width and if it is calculate the height based off of your width. For you the start screen should say "Resolution Resized: 1280x720"

Last edited:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Are you the same Kupo that used to work on Brawl+? If so, thats awesome dude. You probably don't remember me we used to argue about balance changes a lot. And now we're both making our own games. :) Either way, project looks good. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Last edited:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Are you the same Kupo that used to work on Brawl+? If so, thats awesome dude. You probably don't remember me we used to argue about balance changes a lot. And now we're both making our own games. :) Either way, project looks good. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Yes I am the very same kupo that was the liaison to Phantom Wings to help jump start Brawl+ :) Its coming back to me but I believe I do remember you and our heated debates haha You got me so mad with them as I'm sure I did to you! That is pretty awesome that we ended up doing our own thing.

Looking back I'm grateful for the experience and the heated debates otherwise I don't think I would be here today with this. Maybe I'll get to see your project sometime, thanks and good luck with yours as well :D

Last edited:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hi everyone,

I wanted to post back here again to update anyone interested with the progress of the game! Lots of good things have been happening since our last post, new stages implemented, new music composed, new concepts and getting closer to the HD demo! The plan is to have the demo with the first character in rough HD animation form done this year

I've updated the main post with come cool new things and I'll post some things here as well! We now have an IndieDB along side our twitter and FB pages to check out as well!

Hope you enjoy this new content and hope to engage with you again!

Can I get a mod to insert 2 blank posts after my OP so I can better organize content?

UcheD914

Smash Cadet
Old School:

New School:

Either way, the message is the same. How is the game as a whole coming along?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Either way, the message is the same. How is the game as a whole coming along?
Haha thanks for the inventive welcome back :) Sorry for the late reply, had a hellish work week!

The game is coming, this past year was really rough all around tbh. I moved last year and had to take a worse job so its been slow. I've been doing my best to advance what I could do myself, Improve the engine and add new features particularly in the menus and compose some music.

This video shows a more recent transformation of the in game menu and makes things look so much nicer!

Speaking of compositions, did I only share the Main Theme Rough version here? If that is true than I should be showing off one of the stage musics I did (the full version of whats in the video above)

https://soundcloud.com/matthewlemmel/risingspirit-no-turning-back

In any case we are adament about making serious progress this year and setting a goal to having an HD demo done by the end of the summer

Last edited:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hey all, hope you are doing well!

Wanted to come back and share some updates to the game, we've made a lot of progress since the last time I was here. Here's the perfect video to show a transition from where things were before and where they are now!

We have a lot of things planned to make 2021 a big year for us and pushing the progress of the game. Looking forward to interacting with you guys again and share more things as they come.

Hope you like what you see! :)

Top Bottom