• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising out from the Virtual Boy Ashes, Harry for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay, let's try and have a discussion here for fun!

I'm going to attempt to make a moveset, anyone else interested?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
The moveset could be interesting.

Edited:
Special: Harry stands and starts charging. If the player release the button his right hand go forward and get some distance everything that makes contact is send in the air. Makes 25% of damage. Is a mix between Captain Falcon Special and Marth Special.

Special Forward: Harry starts going forward making a mix of hits:
S(side) + S(side) + S(side) (Harry start with a right hit, then with a left hit to finish again with a left hit) (low damage).
S(side) + S(side) + S(up) (Harry start with a right hit, then with a left hit and finish with a uppercut with the right) (medium damage).
S(side) + S(side) + S(down) (Harry send a right hit, then a left hit to finish with a duck) (low damage with counter).
S(side) + S(side) + S(normal) (Harry start with a right hit, then a left hit and finish with a right) (heavy damage but really slow).

Special Up: Harry starts charging and with a burst of power send a uppercut in the sky.

Special Down: Harry get a high defense with his two arms up, every missile or object that is send flying towards him is reduced in a half and don´t produce rebound, if a enemy hits him with his guard up the enmy is stunned for two seconds so harry can start a combo with his specials.

I imagine the weight of Harry as heavy as Metal Mario and with the same speed. His height is the same as Ganondorf.

.n_n.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The moveset could be interesting.

Edited:
Special: Harry stands and starts charging. If the player release the button his right hand go forward and get some distance everything that makes contact is send in the air. Makes 25% of damage. Is a mix between Captain Falcon Special and Marth Special.

Special Forward: Harry starts going forward making a mix of hits:
S(side) + S(side) + S(side) (Harry start with a right hit, then with a left hit to finish again with a left hit) (low damage).
S(side) + S(side) + S(up) (Harry start with a right hit, then with a left hit and finish with a uppercut with the right) (medium damage).
S(side) + S(side) + S(down) (Harry send a right hit, then a left hit to finish with a duck) (low damage with counter).
S(side) + S(side) + S(normal) (Harry start with a right hit, then a left hit and finish with a right) (heavy damage but really slow).

Special Up: Harry starts charging and with a burst of power send a uppercut in the sky.

Special Down: Harry get a high defense with his two arms up, every missile or object that is send flying towards him is reduced in a half and don´t produce rebound, if a enemy hits him with his guard up the enmy is stunned for two seconds so harry can start a combo with his specials.

I imagine the weight of Harry as heavy as Metal Mario and with the same speed. His height is the same as Ganondorf.

.n_n.
Is F-Spec like Marth's Side Spec, that's a really interesting move.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I imagine something like DK special but without the moving charge, once is released the distance that would travel it will be the same as Captain Falcon side special (if is fully charged).
Yeah the F-Spec is like Marth´s Side Spec (I like that it can combo in different angles ands moves) being Harry a boxer it would fit to the character to get a combo special that can mix multiple moves.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I was thinking of something, how about Harry starts really strong (with a lot of speed, defense and attack), but when he receives damage his parts start dropping like the Final Smash of Samus, his body breaks too making sparks to come from his body and little pressure gas from some of his parts (like his game, where the robots after getting a lot of damage you start seeing how are they deteriorating). So it will be something like this:
100% Damage - Harry lose 20% of his functions (Speed, Strength, Defense).
200% Damage - Harry lose 40% of his functions (Speed, Strength, Defense).
300% Damage - Harry lose 60% of his functions (Speed, Strength, Defense).
Like a boxer in the last rounds, with Harry if you get to Sudden Death it will become difficult because Harry is tired from the previous fight.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I was thinking of something, how about Harry starts really strong (with a lot of speed, defense and attack), but when he receives damage his parts start dropping like the Final Smash of Samus, his body breaks too making sparks to come from his body and little pressure gas from some of his parts (like his game, where the robots after getting a lot of damage you start seeing how are they deteriorating). So it will be something like this:
100% Damage - Harry lose 20% of his functions (Speed, Strength, Defense).
200% Damage - Harry lose 40% of his functions (Speed, Strength, Defense).
300% Damage - Harry lose 60% of his functions (Speed, Strength, Defense).
Like a boxer in the last rounds, with Harry if you get to Sudden Death it will become difficult because Harry is tired from the previous fight.
.n_n.
Hmm... This is sorta like the reverse of Lucario's aura, might make him low tier though.
As long as he has good strength and speed, I guess it's fine. I might have to practice hard not to take damage.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Hmm... This is sorta like the reverse of Lucario's aura, might make him low tier though.
As long as he has good strength and speed, I guess it's fine. I might have to practice hard not to take damage.
But if you are really good you can make him top tier, like using the momentum to boost yourself at the start of the match with one or two kills. Something like Hakan from Street Fighter where he starts strong but without oil he drops really hard.
.n_n,

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Is ok. Taunts? as Victory poses?
.n_n.
Sure you can do both if you want. ^_^
Love the creativity here, my creativity is down in the ocean somewhere, and I'm looking for it right now so I can complete my moveset. But right now, I finally bought Pikmin 3! Might be too busy to even do a moveset for the next two weeks.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Sure you can do both if you want. ^_^
Love the creativity here, my creativity is down in the ocean somewhere, and I'm looking for it right now so I can complete my moveset. But right now, I finally bought Pikmin 3! Might be too busy to even do a moveset for the next two weeks.
Oh my holy lord of Isaac, I want to play Pikmin so badly (not enough money right now XD), enjoy your weekend playing it.
Let´s see taunts, how many should I consider?
As a victory pose in the final match results, Harry is showing his Champion Belt with Milky the Cat in top of his head.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I was thinking in a new moveset potential with Harry.

Harry start with 120% of strength each time he gets 50% damage his abilities are reduced 10% for each 50% loss.

Standard B (Final Boss Rage): Harry goes in defense pose each time Harry gets hit (direct or projectile) in this pose he accumulate rage power at three hits he becomes so angry that its charged of fury, the next time you press B he unleash a big powerful fist that make 35% of damage to the enemy. Each time Harry receive damage in the defense pose is reduced in half, it can be direct hit from a enemy or any projectile. Interesting facts each time Harry accumulates hits he starts turning red and black and increase in those colors with more hits (in allusion of the Virtual Boy).

Inspiration for this move, I remember as a kid that a lot of bosses when they take damage start going faster and change they're pattern and even become angry so thats where my inspiration comes.

Up B (Kangaroo Hit): Harry charges his fists from a few seconds after the charge he unleash a deadly uppercut making him jump, function of recovery move and hard hit damage of 25%.

Inspiration: One of his enemies was a Kangaroo.

Side B (Feline Mix): Harry starts going forward making a mix of hits:

Inspiration: One of his enemies was a Cat.

Down B (Iron Wall): Harry get a high defense with his two arms up, every missile or object that is send flying towards him is reduced in a half and don´t produce rebound, if a enemy hits him with his guard up the enemy is stunned for two seconds so Harry can start a combo with his specials.

Inspiration: A high defense move with a open for a combo for his specials.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Interesting, he's a highly defensive but highly offensive character.
It's sorta of a Sir Daniel Forteque style, only you must avoid hits while being strategical in hitting That's definitely how I imagine Harry when he is in Smash.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Interesting, he's a highly defensive but highly offensive character.
It's sorta of a Sir Daniel Forteque style, only you must avoid hits while being strategical in hitting That's definitely how I imagine Harry when he is in Smash.
I have not play PlayStation Battle Royal but if Sir Daniel Forteque is like that, I would love to main him.
.n_n.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As a PSASBR vet who played Dan, no you don't. That playstyle in PSAS makes him almost the worst in the game :(
Also, I sadly forgot I was trying to make a moveset, I'll try to get back on that.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I think you perfectly described Harry's moveset. Because that's exactly how I picture Harry in a Smash game.
I'll go put your moveset into the OP.
Oh thanks, I think it still need more polish but at least for the base of his specials and especial ability could work. In fact I was thinking that Harry could be the last unblockable character, seeing as his moveset require a lot of technique and knowledge of the game to pull wins with him.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I have been working on something about Harry but it will take sometime to finish it, I will post tomorrow a preview of what I´m doing.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Holy crap, this is amazing! So much dedication into this!
I can wait to see what the final artwork will look like!
It will probably take me weeks to finish it off, I should first finish the whole body and correct every small detail, once is finished I should pass the whole body to Photoshop where I will put some metal texture, shadows and the like once it has that then the final details would be the light, I hope everything will work out in some way XD.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It will probably take me weeks to finish it off, I should first finish the whole body and correct every small detail, once is finished I should pass the whole body to Photoshop where I will put some metal texture, shadows and the like once it has that then the final details would be the light, I hope everything will work out in some way XD.
.n_n.
:o I can't wait! So anticipated!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Is it suppose to look like a Smash Bros model; very realistic, yet colorful.
Mmm... I haven´t think about it, I will work it and see where it will take me, sorry for not being more specific about this, is my first time doing this in this scale.
.n_n.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Personally I don't think I'm that worthy to comment on what Harry's chances are, on the flipside I think it would be interesting to see how Teleroboxer's gameplay could transition into fighter a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom