• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Fair to Bouncing Fish

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
Let's talk about this combo.

Okay, I know that this has already been found. Just thought I would make some points on it. This only works on tallish characters, such as Cloud and Marth, and Rosalina, which are all common match ups these days. The bouncing fish can be airdodged, this is not true by any means, even though the training mode combo counter says it is. However, this is much faster and much easier than needles to bouncing fish, and doesn't require having needles charged, making this less situational and more consistent. It will also kill sooner as well. Finally, if they are dodge the bouncing fish, buffer a nair to catch them.

So, all that being said. Does this have a use?

Last edited:

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
I know I can test this easily, but do you think hitting with the 4% fair makes a difference?
It would definitely make a difference, but unfortunately that hitbox is too small and won't connect if used while rising.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
tipper the fair to add more hitstun and it works more consistently. if fair is stale then using the lesser percent hitbox is more valuble since you will have closer positioning to make up for lack of added hitstun. thats all there is to it honestly. actually ran fthrow>fresh tipper fair over this when i still played simply because people D.I away so much. Net me a lot of silly stocks, especially in the pika mu.

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
I thought raising fair > BF was true on Fast Fallers? am i wrong?

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Rising fair to bouncing fish is probably one of sheiks best combos in the air. It's true on fast fallers and when offstage can kill ridiculously early. This is one of the things that makes the VoiD combo, uptilt > fullhop needles > double jump fair > bouncing fish.
Setting up for it is the hardest thing, as ideally you need to hit with the tipper hitbox, and near the start of your double jump/fullhop. A couple true combos into it are landing strong nair > fullhop fair > BF, and the VoiD combo mentioned before.

It's best used as a combo ender, or to punish airdodges offstage.

As you've shown it, with the opponent grounded, is the hardest way to get it. As you've said, it only works on tall characters. Yes it's useful. It's true and it kills. But using it raw like you've shown is pretty difficult to land.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This works on rosa too

also just as reference for next time, please don't add unnecessary taunts to you video. just make it short and sweet with the combo in question and that's it. taunts are very unneeded.

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
This works on rosa too

also just as reference for next time, please don't add unnecessary taunts to you video. just make it short and sweet with the combo in question and that's it. taunts are very unneeded.
Lol okay sorry. Just made this channel a while ago and I'm new to the whole thing.

Is there any way that this would be useful as an out of shield option?

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
Lol okay sorry. Just made this channel a while ago and I'm new to the whole thing.

Is there any way that this would be useful as an out of shield option?
Well yes and no. The spacing for it is pretty hard to get, so if ur opponent lines u up for it while ur in sheild than yes XD

Top Bottom