• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Cyclone

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Before I get flamed at, let me tell you I KNOW how to do the rising cyclone with Luigi and I KNOW how to do it with downward momentum, but the problem is; I CAN'T MASH THAT ****ING B BUTTON FAST ENOUGH!!

This is one of the main reasons why I main Mario over Luigi.

So can you guys give me any tips or techniques that would be helpful to me to improve my button mashing?

C'mon guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem...

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I think it would be more beneficial to have a thread just for this so that the question won't be asked over and over again.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I sure as hell have this problem too >_<

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Do you use a GC controller or wiichuk?

GC: lol you think you have it bad try doing with your index finger. >.>

Wiichuk: It's a little embarrassing to do it in public, but while your mashing the b button your index finger, shake your wiimote from side to side. It helps me quite a bit.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I use a GC controller :p
I can sometimes do it if i concentrate 100% on it, but then I usually have no control of my cyclone and usually land into someone's fmash

Variable

Smash Ace
I use my thumb. It's not hard I just press it quickly ,don't mash it and press it hard just light and quick. But heavy enough to press it down.

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
I personaly don't think there should be a thread like this, but umm don't we have a thread about the cyclone move??? Anyways even so We have thread called Q&A Don't we?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Dont close the thread.

Take your right hand OFF of the controller to mash B. Thats the secret for real. And remember not to FF it.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I personaly don't think there should be a thread like this, but umm don't we have a thread about the cyclone move??? Anyways even so We have thread called Q&A Don't we?
Didn't find a thread about the cyclone, but that isn't the main point of the thread. The main point is to find a way to mash the B button faster, cyclone just happens to be the reason for it.

If I asked it in the Q&A it would probably die in 3-4 posts saying "just mash faster" anyways.

Dont close the thread.

Take your right hand OFF of the controller to mash B. Thats the secret for real. And remember not to FF it.
I'll try that, thanks.
I also tend to FF with down c-stick when I'm recovering from high up, does using the green missile 'cancel' the FF?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
No, but you can buffer a down input while the missile is ending and hold it, so you can just mash B. It can be a bit obvious though (gimpwise I mean).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Then there is doing midair jump + Cyclone which gets you perfect rising momentum every time. Not that you want to always use your midair jump in that fashion, but it does help, and that alone saves me from getting gimped constantly.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Oh hey look its all the Mario mains! <3

Yeah I know I can do it using my midair jump, that's easy as pie but I would rather save it for something else. I can only gain like 1 Luigi's worth of height when I mash it with downward momentum.

I'll do what Boss suggested and go try to beat a Mario Party game.
Thanks guys :D

Pony

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about everyone else.. but I vibrate my forearm, and that seems to work pretty well for me.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I bothered to learn how to do it without using up your double jump and it opens up for options so much that at this point I'd pretty much say its essential to learn.

best way I've found is to just switch up to a claw style and mash it really fast with your index finger, works much much better and shouldnt take you long to learn to do, when you get it down you can switch up between a normal grip and the claw grip so fast that it wont interrupt your gameplay at all.

Pony

Smash Apprentice
I must be weird, I seem to be the only person using my thumb.. lol.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
best way I've found is to just switch up to a claw style and mash it really fast with your index finger, works much much better and shouldnt take you long to learn to do, when you get it down you can switch up between a normal grip and the claw grip so fast that it wont interrupt your gameplay at all.
Tried claw style today, it felt weird mashing with my index finger. It was a lot slower too, for me at least. Then the controller fell out of my hands.

I must be weird, I seem to be the only person using my thumb.. lol.
Haha, you're weird 'cause you're not weird!

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
^ That just gave me a mental image of M2K gnawing on the B button while making shark noises....

Pony

Smash Apprentice
^ That just gave ME a mental image of M2K gnawing on the B button while making shark noises.

Top Bottom