• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Riptide Shoutout Thread! (What year is it!?)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Was feeling nostalgic about the days after a big tournament and how we would talk about how amazing it was and share or memories from the weekend so I logged into smashbaords for the first time in years. Let's see who still has an account LOL

Shout outs

The TOs and Production crew

Aaron unsure, juna, nikki, card, jakespere ect. - thanks for reaching out and having me on the mic! I had a great time and would love to come back and do more! I especially like the idea of being a early round commentator to be able to share alot of general MU knowledge and little tricks that I know about characters that often don't make it to later rounds.

Chillin - I felt like, for me, our block was my best and you made it super easy to commentate with. It was no question why us old guys had the first block of singles lol

Good times.

Zetts - specifically told them that I wanted to be on the mic with you and it was a damn good time. If I ever find the time to make it out to more events I'd love to continue to work on our skills together and continue to make a name for ourselves! Always a pleasure on the mic and off of it.

Logan - our couple friendlies and the story you told me about summit is one of the coolest and best memories I have of this weekend. Check your DMs because I have alot more I wanna talk to you about. Your Marth is so sick.

SquidTheCat- the first person I saw and correctly identified even with a mask! So awesome to finally meet you and your brother who is also cool as hell. Had some awesome friendlies and I'm glad we got that picture. Sorry to hear about your DQ I had a feeling you were gonna do great but **** happens I guess. You'll bounce back and I'm excited to continue being amazed by your falcon.

Sp1nda - always great to hang out with a fellow MEAN FOX. We should hang out more since we really don't live too far away. And if I have to teach you how to drive to make it happen I'll do it! Text me whenever.

Drephen - always such a treat to talk to you. I think it's really awesome how you've stuck with the game all these years. Such a great rep for the Midwest as well.

Free Palestine- talking to you is always a treat as well. one of my faves to chop it up with. Wish I could have stayed longer because our conversations always make me want more. Idk that probably sounds weird LOL

Toph - wish we could have played and talked more. Like I said get me and juggleguy on GG jeopardy! GG owes me a shirt anyway for winning the combo contest. Big fan of your stuff and radio melee gets me through the work day.

Ibdw - you looked super on point and it was cool to talk when we did. Sorry I couldn't get you any food sooner lol. Congrats and let's talk again soon.

Loki - awesome seeing a old face and catching up. And thanks for letting me model your masks! I hope I got some people to come buy a couple.

Stude - awesome to meet you and play friendlies. hope our paths cross more often.

Mcdoodle - hope you did well this weekend with your mods. I'm always here when you hit the big time and need security at these things lol hmu about that controller.

Boyd/Holiday/GGG - hope you guys come around more. Always fun talking to the neoh guys that were holding it down when I moved here. The game will always be here when you get the itch.

Juggleguy - the super homie. glad you made it down and we had some time to catch up. if i cant beat you in melee ill have you beat you in tennis LOL hope to talk soon. BIG HOUSE!

Llod - Good to catch up with you. I think what your trying to do with the boxx and gcc is super cool and believe in you. Always a fan.

Peach player I played with in the VIP area. - sorry I forgot your tag but I'll never forget how it made me feel when you said you played my stage and liked it. Appreciate that so much and hope to play again soon. Hmu.

People I wish I could have talked to more/at all.
Junebug, The Cheat, Chroma, Justice, yingling, boulders, axe, Papa, bbb, sfop, so many ppl.

Probably forgetting a bunch of people but all in all I couldn't have asked for a better way to get back into smash nationals.

Post your shout outs!

Last edited:

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Peanutphobia - I was so surprised to see you, wish we got the chance to hang out more. I'm so happy for you and your 100 egg game

Bagels - da throat goat 👍

Slowking - Always THE homie love seeing you

altan and by15 - let's get some sober doubles sets in next time. or just more of whatever we had going on is fine too

Kalvar - sorry about the constipation

Solar - you really put the friendly in friendlies. You seem like a great person to have in a scene

Major Guile - you are on such a fast track to improvement, and when you said "Thanks for the free coaching" my heart skipped a beat and I pooped my pants. To think I have things to say that could be considered coaching.. :nervous:

The dude that tried to come into our room to cook some bacon - Very strange that you did this, but seeing you in the hall later with some cake that you traded your uncooked bacon for brought a tear to my eye. God bless

New Guy - wish I had seen you at your money match station earlier, I would have been the wingman for hours. Let's get an operation set up proper next time

Acid - legit one of the most considerate and kind people I've met in the scene, thank you for letting us dump our luggage in your room so we didn't have to carry it around

Juna - i never got a chance to say hi, you looked so busy every time i saw you. hope you're doing well king

and of course all the st louis gang. much love all around

milhous

Smash Rookie
Always nice talking to you Carroll.
Had this account for almost 6 years and this just happens to be my first post. Guess your plan of having people use this site again worked.
Till next time,
Free Palestine

Drephen

Smash Master
PGHCarroll - It was good to see you again, I'm glad your love of melee is still keeping you around. I regret not bringing my hat and taking a picture with you. Next time.

Boyd - We really worked hard at teams and still came up short, but you've taught me so much on this teams journey that I am grateful for. We will be back with a vengance.

Holiday - Teach all your rock star friends melee when you get famous.

Frumentari - Thanks for being a nice guy and very kind to me. Impressive high kicks. I hope you get everything out of melee that you want.

Free Palestine - I believe your melee can go so much farther than you ever can imagine. Such a smart talented player and I hope you keep always pushing yourself, no matter which of the 25 character you decide to main.

Ferriswheel - There might be a day where I don't see you at tournaments and that day will be very sad for me. Your smash journey is just as important as anyone else's, I'm proud of where you came from in melee and excited to see where you take it.

OSU Melee/Rest of Ohio - There is too many of you to thank, but the energy you guys bring is like no other. I hope you all keep being the wonderful people you are. Thank you all for the memories.

Flash - Congrats on your performance, if you want the "Best in Ohio" title then ask Zealot cause I gave it to him.

Zealot - Flash might be asking you about the "Best in Ohio" title. Lets play Jungle Jam soon.

Cal - Thank you so much for the lessons. Your examples and explanations are some I think will stick with me forever. I'm so happy and impressed with how far you've come with the mental game. I hope to return the favor to you one day.

IBDW - Congrats on the win. You are a really good example of what kind of hard work is needed to win a major, and I hope to learn and be inspired by that.

Ringler - You struck and banned Dreamland, so I banned it as well thinking you were trying to trick me. Your laugh after I announced my ban confirms my suspicions. I learned 5 new things about DK that set. You are an awesome player.

LLod - Your stamina and focus is crazy good. I want to be up to that kind of level one day. You are probably living a crazy busy life so I'm glad you are still competing.

Ginger - I can never seem to find the right mindset when I play you, but your confidence and strategies are really good and always overwhelm me. I'll try my best to come at you as a better player next time.

I talked to so many other people that the whole weekend feels like a blur. To those that were kind to me I can not thank you enough. And if you got a P****** D******, you didn't get it from me ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Solar_

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
solr#624
Peanutphobia - I was so surprised to see you, wish we got the chance to hang out more. I'm so happy for you and your 100 egg game

Bagels - da throat goat 👍

Slowking - Always THE homie love seeing you

altan and by15 - let's get some sober doubles sets in next time. or just more of whatever we had going on is fine too

Kalvar - sorry about the constipation

Solar - you really put the friendly in friendlies. You seem like a great person to have in a scene

Major Guile - you are on such a fast track to improvement, and when you said "Thanks for the free coaching" my heart skipped a beat and I pooped my pants. To think I have things to say that could be considered coaching.. :nervous:

The dude that tried to come into our room to cook some bacon - Very strange that you did this, but seeing you in the hall later with some cake that you traded your uncooked bacon for brought a tear to my eye. God bless

New Guy - wish I had seen you at your money match station earlier, I would have been the wingman for hours. Let's get an operation set up proper next time

Acid - legit one of the most considerate and kind people I've met in the scene, thank you for letting us dump our luggage in your room so we didn't have to carry it around

Juna - i never got a chance to say hi, you looked so busy every time i saw you. hope you're doing well king

and of course all the st louis gang. much love all around
Made an account for this but thanks man! Can’t believe you remembered me we should play netplay sometime

Top Bottom