• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ripping models, textures, bones, and animations from melee and brawl?

Shadow

Smash Cadet
Can someone tell me how to rip models, textures, bones, and animations from melee and brawl and then use them in unity?
I currently have link's model and textures from melee but I don't have the bones or animations.

I want to learn unity and I thought making a smash bros game would be a good start.

artifice

Smash Ace
It's a long road and no ones going to expressly lay it all out for you here. Their are plenty of resources in the brawl modding forum that can help you (getting things from melee are hard or impossible atm). As someone who works in Unity quite a lot - my advice is to get models and animations from else where. Or rip the models and textures - and rig them yourself, use Unity to re-target generic animations on them.

Top Bottom