• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIP Manhole Cover

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
His down tilt is now a horizontal attack instead of a vertical attack. It also seems to have a weak hitbox. I don't recall how he was in Smash 4 but I don't like this change.

Neb

Smash Lord
The dtilt is actually buffed - it knocks them at a low angle that forces an SD or outright kills around 80% near the edge. G&W's hurtbox is equal to his crouched position when he uses it and many attacks whiff. I noticed the manhole clashes with swords even when the sword touches his head and the hitbox is actually a bit outside of the animation. Biggest problem is it isn't safe on shield and can be a challenge setting up, at least in my experience.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Dtilt kills even better then in Smash 4, so I prefer it the way it is now.

It's still not something you can just throw out like most dtilts, though.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I definitely dig the kill power it’s got now. Just in general I’m liking that this game seems to have quite a few more moves that hit sideways. I admit I will miss trolling folks with 4’s windbox though.

I’ve been exploring a lot of characters so I haven’t had much chance to lab it, but does the manhole have any special properties? I swear I was stuffing attacks with it the other day that would have otherwise hit. Or is it just G&W’s hurtbox squishing a bit to get him out of the way?

Vije

Smash Rookie
Its less of an edgeguarding tool and more of a finisher. For some reason it works especially well against heavies (more consistent)

I dunno, with all the changes he feel like a new character, again.

Top Bottom