• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIP in peace my sweet sweet Low Tier

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It has to happen, I'm going to have to give up on Mr. G&W for a while

I'll be focusing on using Pikachu mainly and Ganondorf against MUs I don't like with Pika.

Probably will still play him in friendlies and what not, but it's clear to me that he is holding me back and I'm starting to develop habits that won't transfer to a top tier or high tier ( especially critical shielding strats like powershielding, shield-dropping, and OoS punishes). If I'm to be investing so much time into this game I need for it to feel productive on more levels.

If you want; feel free to share a recent switch or past switch from when you first started out.

Here's my 21 emoticon salute to you Mr G&W :sadeyes:
:gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee:

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Have you tried playing Game&Watch in PM?
Oh yea he's really good in PM, in fact people hate him here locally haha

I just don't play PM at all really (I don't like the patches and constant changes), so I almost exclusive play Melee.

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
If you want, feel free to share a recent switch or past switch from when you first started out.
When I got into the competitive scene for Super Smash Bros. Melee, my "mains", if you could call them that, were Ness, Luigi, and Mr. Game & Watch.

After discovering how unviable two of those characters were, I tried using Marth for a short amount of time, until I started developing my Luigi to the point where I saw him as my main again.

I've replaced Ness and Mr. Game & Watch with Sheik and the Ice Climbers, at this point.

A long time ago, I tried maining Zelda because she was so much fun. Then players in my area figured out her only 2 tricks and learned to space against them. Then I went back to Peach. She's much more capable of simply doing things

At the last tournament I went to, I played as Zelda against 2 new players and had so much fun. They almost got me a few times ^.^

Dr.Bolt

Smash Rookie
When I first started playing I played Roy against my friends and thought I was really good. I ended up picking Melee up a few years later and tried it with a buddy of mine that plays way more then I ever did and got stomped.

Thats when I learned about the whole competitive scene and decided that Puff, Falcon and Doc would be better not only because of the tier list but for my own sanity.

Blue Ranger

Smash Rookie
I used to play Young Link when I was younger and I thought I was so good because I used to hit people with the dair spike. I was the best out of my friends, but when I started getting introduced to the competitive scene I switched to Falco. Good times.

Blue Ranger

Smash Rookie
I used to play Young Link when I was younger and I thought I was so good because I used to hit people with the dair spike. I was the best out of my friends, but when I started getting introduced to the competitive scene I switched to Falco. Good times.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I recently had to give up my beloved low tier Falco in favor of Fox because I realized my Fox was just getting better results. May he rest in peace

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I recently had to give up my beloved low tier Falco in favor of Fox because I realized my Fox was just getting better results. May he rest in peace
My condolences,
Reese's pieces sweet Flaco
You had wings but you still sucked at flying

Parttimenoob

Smash Rookie
No worries plunder, we will keep our 2-D flags high in the Wind, and keep on the spirit of the Game&Watchmen.
Its always a hard choice to make, switching from one main to another.
The spirits of your brothers are still with you, even through characters.
:gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::pikachumelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee:

To the topic of having switched; i switched from a toptier (Marth) down the ranks to become a Game&Watch main. Its for a multitude of reasons i did that, but know that i Main him, i want to prove a point, and show that Game&Watch is the most underrated Charakter in Melee!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
And here I am being silly and still maining Mewtwo :150::mewtwomelee::150:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
No worries plunder, we will keep our 2-D flags high in the Wind, and keep on the spirit of the Game&Watchmen.
Its always a hard choice to make, switching from one main to another.
The spirits of your brothers are still with you, even through characters.
:gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::pikachumelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee::gawmelee:

To the topic of having switched; i switched from a toptier (Marth) down the ranks to become a Game&Watch main. Its for a multitude of reasons i did that, but know that i Main him, i want to prove a point, and show that Game&Watch is the most underrated Charakter in Melee!
I think I'm still going to seriously bust him out against floaties as an awkward CP. His D-tilt and Nair kill Peach, Marth, and Puff really early and I seem to still do rather well against the local best (most importantly it's makes those MUs fun for me). But honestly I think I'm better with Ganon for these MUs.

Fox, Falco, and Falcon are just unwinnable nightmares for G&W at a high level. Most people (even QERB) might say that the Falcon MU is close to even, but it's not at all. G&W is too light and has the perfect fall speed for a multitude of easy set ups from Falcon :( The set ups, combos, speed, and KO potential is so lopsided.

ICs I'll probably go Ganon......and then G&W or Pikachu ( < that's a bad MU but I want to develop it)

Last edited:
Top Bottom