• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution File Directories

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I was wondering, what directories do I save files to for Riivolution? I know that /ssbb/ goes on the root of your SD card, but I don't know anything from there. Yes, I know there is one that will still use the File Replacement Code structure, but I'm looking for an easy(ier) way to get custom sound effects into Brawl, and I don't want to have to mess with IOS hacking. If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

AerialX

Smash Cadet
I was wondering, what directories do I save files to for Riivolution? I know that /ssbb/ goes on the root of your SD card, but I don't know anything from there. Yes, I know there is one that will still use the File Replacement Code structure, but I'm looking for an easy(ier) way to get custom sound effects into Brawl, and I don't want to have to mess with IOS hacking. If anyone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Are you putting SSBBtemplate.xml in the /riivolution/ folder in your SD root? If that's set up fine, then...

You basically put the files in /ssbb. You can throw them in there just as their filenames, like /ssbb/FitMarth00.pcs, etc... Or you can use the disc structure, similar to the FPC's old structure, like /ssbb/fighter/marth/FitMarth00.pcs. If you want to do something more complex, with fancy options and things, read more up on the XML format at the Riivolution wiki.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Are you putting SSBBtemplate.xml in the /riivolution/ folder in your SD root? If that's set up fine, then...

You basically put the files in /ssbb. You can throw them in there just as their filenames, like /ssbb/FitMarth00.pcs, etc... Or you can use the disc structure, similar to the FPC's old structure, like /ssbb/fighter/marth/FitMarth00.pcs. If you want to do something more complex, with fancy options and things, read more up on the XML format at the Riivolution wiki.
So would something like /ssbb/pf/fighter/marth/FitMarth.pcs work as well?

Top Bottom