• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rigged Quickplay Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
In two quickplay games today, the matches were openly rigged in favor of my opponents. The first one I was playing cloud against the newest stupid meme character (PP) and I crushed a smash ball while he sat on the other side of the stage and watched. It didn't explode, and I didn't get the final smash: on my life, I swear that the other player got the final smash charge and used it on me. Through the rest of the fight, 3 or 4 assist trophies appeared right next to them after I was launched by an attack. I lost. Their smashtag is some creepy bug-eyed mii named 'Zoe<3'

The second time this happened I was playing Bayonetta and forward smashed a metal-mario box. No one else was close to touching this item. Guess who got it? The creepy stalker on the other team with the cryptic japanese characters name.

The worst part about the rigged games is that I attempted to save a replay of the first one, only to find it was not actually saved in the replays directory. The second time I just powered off, and I do not intend to waste any more time padding my GSP because it's revealed itself to be an openly compromised system, not to mention a scam of an online service.

This kind of thing is really happening and it needs to be brought to light. With all the players I end up blocking, they can't all be targeting just me. And while I am still judging this vile excuse for an entertainment business, I would point out that systematic deception and cheating against young people actually a form of child predation. Nintendo deserves to get punched in the face by consumer justice warriors and I will find a way to do that yet.

And if it's happened to you, don't remain silent. Post it!

link2702

Smash Champion
Videos or it didn’t happen.

Sounds more like you’re just salty from losing by being outplayed.

Which FYI, we’ve all been there, and when you get there, it’s time to take a break.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
I've been playing online since launch, and I have only run into these kinds of matches three or four times. Even when unfair stages and items were used, I was usually able to win anyway just by being the better player. Players who rely on these tactics are usually terrible at the game. Winning with items on or walk off stages requires a different skillset than the standard rules, but if you make better use of those mechanics than your opponent, you are likely to win.

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
Videos or it didn’t happen.

Sounds more like you’re just salty from losing by being outplayed.

Which FYI, we’ve all been there, and when you get there, it’s time to take a break.
You're dead wrong. I don't have time to make up stories like this after losing a few matches. I only have time when it's true and I know there are a few other people, but in fact I will get video of it one way or another and prove this is happening and you can stuff your ignorant theories.

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
If this becomes a thing I’m sure someone will provide a video sometime. You could have easily made a screenshot or video OR at least saved the replay.

If it ever happens again please make a video with your phone showing the action and afterwards proving you were in Quickplay.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
User was warned for this post
And while I am still judging this vile excuse for an entertainment business, I would point out that systematic deception and cheating against young people actually a form of child predation. Nintendo deserves to get punched in the face by consumer justice warriors and I will find a way to do that yet.
decent troll buddy. Almost had me till this part. 2/10

But if there’s any possibility of you being serious then no I’ve never experienced this with my thousands of online matches. This sounds like a “you” thing.

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
User was warned for this post
decent troll buddy. Almost had me till this part. 2/10

But if there’s any possibility of you being serious then no I’ve never experienced this with my thousands of online matches. This sounds like a “you” thing.
I care deeply what some hic nobody rates my thread.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I care deeply what some hic nobody rates my thread.
Don't care about the thread tbh, but your trolling is bad. But if I’m a nobody, does that make you a somebody? Who are you again?

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
I get that you think you're trying to be sarcastic, but deep down, you're not.
Don't care about the thread tbh, but your trolling is bad. But if I’m a nobody, does that make you a somebody? Who are you again?
The only trolls here (so far) are the two of you. If you didn't care about the thread, you would have ####ed off by now, but you're both a couple of super jealous posers with some wicked low-brow agenda that is now going to blow up in your face.

If you don't suck at smash as much as you do trolling, we should settle this that way. I'll be very sure to upload that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom