• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridleylash's Stash - Mods for Project M!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
This is going to be the thread for all of my custom content produced solo, not for something else (so anything I make for, say, Bagan's Ridley mod would be part of that thread, as opposed to being here).

With that said, here's my first mod that I'm considering viable for release!
Project M Mewtwo Revamp Banner.png

That's right, I've decided to release a redone version of the P:M Mewtwo model, using proportions more in line with the (at least pre-Gen 6) modern design for him. This will not affect anything too drastically about the base animations, so don't worry about this potentially messing up those. The new alternate costumes come with their own CSPs, but do note that I am not the best at making lined-up CSPs, so any help on this front would be greatly appreciated.

Here's an in-game image for the default costume, with Mario as a reference.
al_150521_1526.bin.out.jpg

If anybody wants to help me with such, that would be greatly appreciated. This mod should be compatible with all custom Mewtwo skins, it'll only require you to add them onto the .pac and .pcs of the costume you are replacing.

EDIT: @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros has generously decided to create new CSP's, BP's and CSS images for this mod. I very much appreciate the fact that he's going out of his way to do this; and it also means I won't have to go through the arduous task of making them look proper.

DOWNLOAD LINK (MAY CHANGE IF I CAN GET A BRAWL VAULT ACCOUNT): http://www.mediafire.com/download/34v3a4d262u3590/PM+Mewtwo+Revamp.zip

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
With that said, here's my first mod that I'm considering viable for release!
View attachment 56973
That's right, I've decided to release a redone version of the P:M Mewtwo model, using proportions more in line with the modern design for him. This will not affect anything too drastically about the base animations, so don't worry about this potentially messing up those. The new alternate costumes come with their own CSPs, but do note that I am not the best at making lined-up CSPs, so any help on this front would be greatly appreciated.

If anybody wants to help me with such, that would be greatly appreciated. This mod should be compatible with all custom Mewtwo skins, it'll only require you to add them onto the .pac and .pcs of the costume you are replacing.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g1q132stdmlojkl/AABTwZGo6fcAj4E5S1ZkFv6ka?dl=0
I think you should upload it on KC-MM's Brawl Vault and credit Nanobuds and whoever else worked on the original model. That way, it will get more...forgot that word...
Anyway, his head looks kinda too big for the most recent design. I think it would be better to make previews of him. Also, unless you're using it already (in such case, i fail to notice it), use BrawlBox v0.76. It has proper shading/lighting and stuff and you can scale, rotate and move around vertitcles here.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I think you should upload it on KC-MM's Brawl Vault and credit Nanobuds and whoever else worked on the original model. That way, it will get more...forgot that word...
Anyway, his head looks kinda too big for the most recent design. I think it would be better to make previews of him. Also, unless you're using it already (in such case, i fail to notice it), use BrawlBox v0.76. It has proper shading/lighting and stuff and you can scale, rotate and move around vertitcles here.
I am in fact using BrawlBox v.0.76 for this; it suddenly started working on my own laptop for whatever reason. I'm still a novice at actually making CSP's, though; so that's why the previews aren't quite so good. :p As for uploading it on KC-MM, I've got an account there but for whatever reason I'm not getting the validation email in my email address, so I can't actually sign in. If I manage to get logged in there, I'll share it on BrawlVault.

And I think the reason it looks a bit too big is that I was using the FireRed/LeafGreen art for Mewtwo (http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/78/150Mewtwo.png) as reference instead of the X/Y model.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I am in fact using BrawlBxo v.0.76 for this; it suddenly started working on my own laptop for whatever reason. I'm still a novice at actually making CSP's, though; so that's why the previews aren't quite so good. :p As for uploading it on KC-MM, I've got an account there but for whatever reason I'm not getting the validation email in my email address, so I can't actually sign in. If I manage to get logged in there, I'll share it on BrawlVault.

And I think the reason it looks a bit too big is that I was using the FireRed/LeafGreen art for Mewtwo (http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/78/150Mewtwo.png) as reference instead of the X/Y model.
Maybe i can make few.
That sucks.

Oh. Well, then it technically isn't the current design and instead is FireRed/LeafGreen design. Not that much of a difference though (that one just has bigger head), so, its ok and it better matches his hurtboxes.

EDIT: whatdya think of this:

I can make all of this menu stuff if you want to.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Bumping this thread to reveal that the render has been finalized and the cosmetic stuff has all been altered; here's the new official art for the mod (courtesy of BaganSmashBros);
Project M Mewtwo Revamp Official Art.png

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
HUGE BUMP FOR A NEW CHALLENGER!

Yeah, I'm bringing the thunder lizard to Smash now. Tyrantrum has an entire moveset planned out already, and his cosmetics are just about finished:
- Default (Red Team)
- Shiny (Blue Team)
- Yellow Team
- Green Team
- Twilight
- Charcoal

Boss Bossanova

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1246-9191-9008

Yeah, I'm bringing the thunder lizard to Smash now. Tyrantrum has an entire moveset planned out already, and his cosmetics are just about finished:
- Default (Red Team)
- Shiny (Blue Team)
- Yellow Team
- Green Team
- Twilight
- Charcoal

HYPE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW HYPED I'VE GOTTEN SINCE I LEARNED OF THIS PSA.

But seriously, I saw your theoretical moveset, and your idea of tyrantrum is really interesting! Sure, I would have done pmd2 grovyle, ditto, palkia (I have my reasons), or regigigas, but that's just me. I'd be more than happy to help beta test! One more thing, who will this prehistoric despot be over?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
HYPE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW HYPED I'VE GOTTEN SINCE I LEARNED OF THIS PSA.

But seriously, I saw your theoretical moveset, and your idea of tyrantrum is really interesting! Sure, I would have done pmd2 grovyle, ditto, palkia (I have my reasons), or regigigas, but that's just me. I'd be more than happy to help beta test! One more thing, who will this prehistoric despot be over?
Right now, that's undecided; but I won't be placing him over Pit or Toon Link, simply because I want Tyrantrum to be compatible with Ridley and K.Rool.

I may place him over Dedede, though. All depends on how big the filesize gets.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

- Default (Red Team)
- Shiny (Blue Team)
- Yellow Team
- Green Team
- Twilight
- Charcoal

A T.rex pokemon in Project M? Subscribe. And that Kirby "hat" looks cute.

Also, CSS in Project M has white glow, not shadow. Unless its not for PM.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Also, CSS in Project M has white glow, not shadow. Unless its not for PM.
I tried to get the proper glow, but the Glow option for Paint.NET wasn't having it; I'll try again, of course, but this is a bit of Proof of Concept work.

Though I'm not against collabing on this; after all, KingJigglypuff already provided me the model I'm using to make the mod, so if you want to help out, that's fine with me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I tried to get the proper glow, but the Glow option for Paint.NET wasn't having it; I'll try again, of course, but this is a bit of Proof of Concept work.

Though I'm not against collabing on this; after all, KingJigglypuff already provided me the model I'm using to make the mod, so if you want to help out, that's fine with me.
I can help. Depends on what exactly i need to help you with. I wouldn't mind even animating him. Doesn't looks complicated like Ridley, Metal Face or freakin' K. Rool.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I can help. Depends on what exactly i need to help you with. I wouldn't mind even animating him. Doesn't looks complicated like Ridley, Metal Face or freakin' K. Rool.
Animations and moveset setup, primarily, is what I'd need you to do; I can handle the cosmetic angle decently enough, but the animation angle is something I'm not so proficient in compared to the cosmetics.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Animations and moveset setup, primarily, is what I'd need you to do; I can handle the cosmetic angle decently enough, but the animation angle is something I'm not so proficient in compared to the cosmetics.
Sooooo what exactly are you going to do aside from animations? That takes up a big chunk of the workload, so if you're not doing all that yourself I'm skeptical as to whether this is actually YOUR mod.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Sooooo what exactly are you going to do aside from animations? That takes up a big chunk of the workload, so if you're not doing all that yourself I'm skeptical as to whether this is actually YOUR mod.
Even though Bagan might be helping out, it's still technically my mod, but now a collab; just as how, say, Ridley is still Bagan's mod even though multiple other people besides him have pitched in with parts of the workload (textures, testing and some attempts at animations).

I'd be doing the animations myself if I were actually good at animating in BrawlBox (protip: I'm not). Plus I'll still be contributing to moveset balancing, as well; but that requires a full set of animations to be effective, and so that's why I've accepted Bagan's help here. I do best with the cosmetics and costumes right now, but I'm still learning how to animate well.

This mod is being purposefully designed to be as compatible with Ridley and K.Rool as possible in every aspect, not just aesthetics; so having those two with professional-grade animations while Tyrantrum has what amounts to an animation student's first attempt at animating would be jarring for the intended purpose of it. Trust me, Bagan's seen my animating "skill". He knows how badly a full moveset of my own animations would look. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok then, but im not gonna promise that i'll be active all of the time. Im having hard time being active with my own stuff.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
tyrantrum template.png
tyrantrum.png

Dastardly Ridleylash Dastardly Ridleylash I was able to achieve a PM Glow by having the "Glow layer" being all white and setting the layers blend settings to "Lighten" w/h an opacity of 144. The glow settings were (in order from top to bottom of the glow window) 3: 100: 100 and this must be done twice on that layer (intial glow run + another glow, use Crtl+F to repeat). Also hyped for Tyrantrum! (So that's KJP's Deoxys and your Tytrantrum to keep note of for... "future" use)

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
View attachment 91564 View attachment 91565
Dastardly Ridleylash Dastardly Ridleylash I was able to achieve a PM Glow by having the "Glow layer" being all white and setting the layers blend settings to "Lighten" w/h an opacity of 144. The glow settings were (in order from top to bottom of the glow window) 3: 100: 100 and this must be done twice on that layer (intial glow run + another glow, use Crtl+F to repeat). Also hyped for Tyrantrum! (So that's KJP's Deoxys and your Tytrantrum to keep note of for... "future" use)
Ah, thanks for the tip; will be useful for any future mods.

And nice to know you're hyped for the mod; I'm working on making it as good as it can be at my current level. Progress might be a bit slow for a while, since Bagan is doing the animation (and he already has a lot on his plate, so he's put those on the backburner at the moment), but it's not anything awful.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Yo. Tyrantrum is definitely not a Pokemon I'd think of having in Smash Bros, so kudos for the creativity! Looking forward to this! :)

EDIT: So I got bored and I should really be doing other things, but I did make properly-sized CSPs/RSPs, BPs, and a CSS icon for Tyrantrum.

Rest of the stuff is here, too lazy to link em' lol.

- Did a little sharpening to the renders for a little spice.

- Lowered Tyrantrum a bit for the CSS icon so that when his name displays on the in-game CSS menu, he won't be covered up.

- These pictures should appear noticeably better in-game, if not then I can do re-touches. Actually, I might go try these out in-game to see how they look.

Hope you like 'em!

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
upload_2016-2-11_12-8-57.png

Right, so this should be right about the size he ends up being in idle pose, using Ridley and Samus as comparatives.

So yeah, this is gonna be one big dinosaur Pokemon. :p

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how Tyrantrum's going to handle grabs and jab attacks... looking good though! Will that be Tyrantrum's final model?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
It will most likely be the final model, yes. And the pose seen is going to be his idle, as well; I've already sent it Bagan's way, just to expedite the process.

As for jabs and grabs...that's where those big toothy jaws come into play. ;)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
It will most likely be the final model, yes. And the pose seen is going to be his idle, as well; I've already sent it Bagan's way, just to expedite the process.

As for jabs and grabs...that's where those big toothy jaws come into play. ;)
Looking good! I hope that he can be retextured a bit to fit more with Brawl's art style. Who is he going to go over? One of my favorite Pokemon!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Looking good! I hope that he can be retextured a bit to fit more with Brawl's art style. Who is he going to go over? One of my favorite Pokemon!
I can't put him over Pit or Toon Link, since Ridley and K.Rool are using those (outside of BEX). Not sure what slot Metal Face might be using, but I'm probably going to end up making Tyrantrum BEX compatible just to remove the hassle of choosing.

And as for the retexturing, I feel like the dull colors already fit perfectly in with Brawl's aesthetic; and I doubt I'd be able to make good-looking detail textures. Still, I might see what I can do eventually.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I can't put him over Pit or Toon Link, since Ridley and K.Rool are using those (outside of BEX). Not sure what slot Metal Face might be using, but I'm probably going to end up making Tyrantrum BEX compatible just to remove the hassle of choosing.
I'm like 95% sure Metal Face goes over R.O.B, although making Tyrantrum BEX compatible would make things easier.

And as for the retexturing, I feel like the dull colors already fit perfectly in with Brawl's aesthetic; and I doubt I'd be able to make good-looking detail textures. Still, I might see what I can do eventually.
I feel like the textures themselves look rather plain and could do with more detail. Liking the colors though!

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Metal Face does go over ROB. I hope this mode turns out because a fighter that uses nothing but his head (and tail) could be interesting.

Top Bottom