• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley Victory

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So being extremely excited for Ridley I was hoping to see him win a match. Yet throughout the tournament and tree house I haven't seen a single Ridley victory (in fact I don't think I saw him played all day today). Is there footage of a Ridley victory? I wanna see victory animations and try to hear if he has a different victory tune. Plus he deserves to win a match lol.

If anyone here actually played the game, do any of you have a first hand experience with a Ridley victory?

Edit: I found one! (Language, sorry can't censor)
https://youtu.be/naPoSz3AW8M

BUT you can't hear any sound from the game and thus can't hear a theme. Unfortunately that will probably be with most footage so I'll have to hope Ridley wins in treehouse tomorrow.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Looks cool but it seems weirdly short though, regardless I like the pose lol. I really hope he gets a unique theme, not giving him his own theme and having him use samus' would be mad disappointing

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Looks cool but it seems weirdly short though, regardless I like the pose lol. I really hope he gets a unique theme, not giving him his own theme and having him use samus' would be mad disappointing
The current Metroid theme is wayyyy to calm for him. I mean if Bowser gets a different theme then Ridley really should. (Ganondorf makes sense because there is still a regal air to him).

I'm wondering though if it would even be in the demo or if it would still be to early. Maybe we can get a confirmation via the daily smash blog thing.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I seen 2 victory animations for ridley so far

First is the one you posted where he lands and then pose.

The second one appears on this video on 4:04

https://youtu.be/jrngO71qUkY?t=244

He's on his back, tearing something (or someone) apart, and then looks at the camera. My favorite so far by how brutal it is.

Still didn't find the third victory pose yet, i wonder how that one is.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah... there's no way he has Samus' victory theme with animations like these. Maybe the opening notes of his battle theme?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

He's on his back, tearing something (or someone) apart, and then looks at the camera. My favorite so far by how brutal it is.

Looks like he is scavenging a body like a zombie who lost its mind at first. I like it.

--

As for his victory theme, either a tidbit of his own iconic theme or a darker take on Samoos' theme. I prefer the former, of course.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If Ridley get's the same victory theme as Samus, I think it would be more of a rock/metal version to it, like Metroid Metal's take:

Otherwise, if he gets his own individual victory theme, then it'll be a shortened version of his iconic Vs Ridley theme.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Looks like he is scavenging a body like a zombie who lost its mind at first. I like it.
I said it in the main Ridley thread, but it reminds me of the scene in Other M when Samus catches Furby Ridley scavenging King Kihunter's remains.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

That ones amazing hahaha! Yea no way the calm Meteoid item tune...

A remix would be cool but I'd perfer something like Dark Pit where he has a different theme altogether, a part of the Vs. Ridley theme makes sense.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd be shocked if it isn't the first few notes of his Vs. theme, maybe part of the remix we heard, or a different one entirely, weren't his victory theme. It's basically perfect for it.

Dark Pit and Rosalina are the ones with unique victory themes so far right? Not counting the remixes for Bowser/Bowser Jr. and Meta Knight.

Still don't understand why Dr. Mario doesn't have one.

Last edited:

ridleystan

Smash Cadet
If you listen VERY closely to the GimR video you can hear guitar riffs which are almost certainly in rhythm with Ridley's theme on the victory theme
really? i haven't heard that but i'll listen more closely. i love how the devs put time and effort into ridley (:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I heard it too. It's just REALLY hard to hear and you don't hear much of it

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I figure it's just a rock anthem of Samus' victory theme just like Metaknight has the rock version of Kirby's theme. Ridley/Meta Ridley Theme isn't really a Victory Theme despite being an amazing track.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I hear "Doo, doo, doodoo, doo, doo, doodoo doooooooo". Only with guitars and the last one being a rif
In one of the two videos posted? How do you hear that ?! Lol I've decided I just gotta wait till we get confirmation from Sakurai, or if local demos become a thing.

StormC

Smash Hero
Can I just say I'm glad Xander is back?

Also, someone in the Ridley social posted a .GIF of one of Ridley's victories (when he's clawing the ground). Anybody got that?

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Go to the 17 minute mark of this video. https://youtu.be/KDmL6qWYvUc
Ridley definitely has a victory theme of his own! It's not the best sound quality, but this is the best we could hear of it so far.
That's also the 3rd victory animation. Nice!
So now we got:
-Victory animation 1:Ridley rips apart an unknown object/person before turning his head to the screen with a sort of "slasher smile"
-Victory animation 2: Ridley flies down and sticks a hard landing from a diagonal direction
-Victory animation 3(shown in the vid above): Ridley summersaults in midair while letting out a roar of victory

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still can't hear it in that one, but I could have sworn I heard a part of his theme

StormC

Smash Hero
Even if it's a remix of the item theme it's sounding pretty sinister, I like it.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
kek with the low FPS on that gif, the first victory pose looks like Ridley just spiraling out of control for a second

Can you imagine going back in time and leaking these? People would be losing their minds.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
That's also the 3rd victory animation. Nice!
So now we got:
-Victory animation 1:Ridley rips apart an unknown object/person before turning his head to the screen with a sort of "slasher smile"
-Victory animation 2: Ridley flies down and sticks a hard landing from a diagonal direction
-Victory animation 3(shown in the vid above): Ridley summersaults in midair while letting out a roar of victory
The third one probably doesn't mean anything, but the first could be a reference to OtherM (with LittleBirdie eating the Queen Kihunter) and the second to his boss battle in ZeroMission (when he appears at the start, which is also referenced in his intro animation).

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
The third one probably doesn't mean anything, but the first could be a reference to OtherM (with LittleBirdie eating the Queen Kihunter) and the second to his boss battle in ZeroMission (when he appears at the start, which is also referenced in his intro animation).
I'm not sure if the victory animations refer to anything specific. They're too vague/general or otherwise unlike what he's done in previous games.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if the victory animations refer to anything specific. They're too vague/general or otherwise unlike what he's done in previous games.
I originally liked the one where he's tearing something up, but in a team match where it's more zoomed out it looks realllllly dumb because there's nothing there lol. Still fun, but definitely my least favorite of the three.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I originally liked the one where he's tearing something up, but in a team match where it's more zoomed out it looks realllllly dumb because there's nothing there lol. Still fun, but definitely my least favorite of the three.
LOL that's actually funny, yeah I forgot that now the other team members also do their victory animations in the background instead of just standing there. Maybe he's picking his teeth or coughing something up instead.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
https://youtu.be/KJeBylrZqUg

Ok so this is the clearest audio I've heard on a Ridley victory. It's basically at the 12 minute mark but you'll wanna get a few seconds before.

It honestly doesn't sound at all like a remix of the item theme. It's really bizzare, does anyone know what it's from? It could be the item theme I suppose but I don't recognize it. Really unsure why they didn't just go with the vs Ridley theme lol.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Ok so this is the clearest audio I've heard on a Ridley victory. It's basically at the 12 minute mark but you'll wanna get a few seconds before.

It honestly doesn't sound at all like a remix of the item theme. It's really bizzare, does anyone know what it's from? It could be the item theme I suppose but I don't recognize it. Really unsure why they didn't just go with the vs Ridley theme lol.
Wait wait wait, the last part of the theme, it sounds like a remix of the unknown item acquisition theme from Zero Mission. Not sure why they went with that, but cool reference.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Wait wait wait, the last part of the theme, it sounds like a remix of the unknown item acquisition theme from Zero Mission. Not sure why they went with that, but cool reference.

After listening several times and then your revelation, it does sound like a remix of the item theme that then turns into the unknown item theme...really neat way to contrast his actually! I like it better now lol

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Sakurai presumably wanted a generalized Metroid villain fanfare incase he decided to add another Metroid villain. Would make sense if Dark Samus is coming as an Echo Fighter.

Top Bottom