Proteus Geoform
Premium
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kind of an Artifact thread in a way I guess since he's been one of Ridley's most notorious labbers. The ones put up since he started youtube though have really helped me expand my game with Ridley, particularly this one.

It covers things like dash dashing, short and full hop fast falling, pivot and reverse attacks out of run (though some I already knew but like running b-air is a must know), n-airs around the edge to keep the opponent from recovering, landing u-airs and combos with them, full hop d-air off stage to recover, reverse plasma breath and skewer (aerial and grounded versions), ledge release n-airs for getting back on stage, etc.

Already posted this one in the social thread, but feel it's still worth bringing up here too, for showing how to practice phasing through Wolf's lasers and such when approaching him, followed by a punish as you see fit.

Will also use this thread for posting any future noteworhy advanced or tech related Ridley guides. On that note, go to this thread for the 2 button short hop combo guide; major shoutout to SSB ProTips for discovering those d-throw > fast falling f-air combos. His recent video on high level Ridley play can be found here as well. Much recommended for learning a variety of setups.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
Premium
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The first of a series of guides by Vreyvus, this one giving a broader perspective of Ridley's neutral game. Some of the defensive tips gave me an important lesson and reminder to keep in mind, not to mention the fast falling n-air option for extra frame advantage and up & down throw followups for Battlefield stages and the like.