• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ricochet: Rise of an Army - Endgame

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What variants of Ricochet there are? Depending on what we can do with it, this would be perfect for us NZoners to go crazy with our role design too.
There are a number of mechanics I would be adding both to options players have and win conditions. I don’t think there is a specific variant in mind.

It shall come soon enough...muahahaha! ;3

Not trying to steal @Thirdkoopa’s thunder though, maybe I’ll just cohost it with him if he wants.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
There are a number of mechanics I would be adding both to options players have and win conditions. I don’t think there is a specific variant in mind.

It shall come soon enough...muahahaha! ;3

Not trying to steal @Thirdkoopa’s thunder though, maybe I’ll just cohost it with him if he wants.
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma can talk to death way more about Ricochet variants than I can. Funny thing is, Rico was a thing (I don't remember who started it in our Mafia community?) when Mafia stopped having 5-6 on-going games at once, and despite my love of hosting, this was actually my first hosted Rico game.

I might be able to sneak a few posts in here from Fire too about Rico variants but it's a super modifiable game. Perhaps even more-so than Mafia (without deconstructing it too hard). You can add teams, NPC's, roles that function similarly to Mafia, etc.

My main issue with this set-up is there is zero reason to engauge in day play.

Otherwise I like the idea.
True but also kinda the point. Engaging with the thread is really just for mindgames and memes - this isn't Mafia. It has elements of Mafia (WIFOM and whatnot) but the main point is engaging in PM's It's similar to, say, Paranoia, where there's elements of Mafia in there but it's not Mafia.

...and then there's Russian Roulette, which whenever I give that a go here, has literally nothing to do with Mafia :p

I realize it doesn't make it riveting for spectators, but, knowing who's in what alliance makes things interesting. There weren't as many alliances as expected since say Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier didn't know he could make them.

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
Well the salt from being so close is gone xD gg @Shishœ

true but in most cases, there isn’t a point outside of mind games.
That's the fun of ricochet though..

Anyway let's talk rico variants. There's quite a number of things to do with these mechanics that you can and my friends and I have done to this.

HP - The game's health can be varied constantly, from going down 1 hp to go for really fast games, to boost it up to around 4-5 or even like 200 for the complex games. Don't.. actually do 200 hp unless you have a plan to amp up damages. My game that had 200 health went on for months because damage was like 20 at a time.

Shoot Player: This was a vanilla setup so 1 damage at a time. Most of the time for our other variants we've uncapped this restriction but let everyone have more hp to compensate. This is what actually makes alliances and teamwork more effective, being able to team up to do damage, however it can all go downhill if that target shoots themselves lol.

Shoot Air: The "nothing" action. It's basically a blank action but has been given things like dealing damage to shooting self players. Someone I use to know actually punished you if you shot air and got hit, making you take extra damage but I honestly don't really like that as a mechanic, and would rather cause different things to happen or reward you if you aren't shot while shooting the air.

Shoot Self: Shoot Self is okay when you can only take 1 damage per turn, but is broken when damage is normally uncapped, since you can just take '1' damage to shoot yourself xD This action probably gets nerfed the most when you uncap damage of shoot player. I expect the same to happen with the other variants.

Items: Several of my friends and people I played with liked to add items. Double shotting items, pierce shoot self items, freeze someone's actions next turn items, all kinds of stuff. This and the next one is really where the creativity can go wild.

Abilities & Others: I love adding special abilities to these games. ZendulumFire (Someone who isn't on this site) and I went crazy with this one, making a game about card abilities that did all number of powerful things to I where I made you able to literally create your own powers. It was nuts (and hell to host. OMG processing took weeks some phases xD)

But yeah. I'm definitely willing to play more ricochet if you all host it. It's fun and much less of an investment to play unlike mafia.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
ZendulumFire (Someone who isn't on this site)
He actually has an account here but I doubt he'd be bothered to remember it to post. He played in one game here with Smashboards once since we were testing the waters for how well a Smashboards + NS2 Crossover game would work out (the game that wasn't meant to be).

also this post was an awesome reference post!

Top Bottom