• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Richter/Simone problems

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Simon/richter are gonna be some matchup issues for fox. I’m very good so far with fox only person I had trouble against was richter. Spammed a lot of projectiles the axe,holy water, cross, ran away and used perfect pivots and I really couldn’t get inside and beat him. I went 1-5 against him. I know it’s early but I rather get some tips now

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
I know that obviously but even than he mixes it up between projectiles and attacks can be challenging between when to use the reflector and when not to. And trying to get back on stage is a pain as well.
Ran into him again used reflector a lot more but still a very too match up

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
The combination of your blaster and reflector should help you out here. Force him to move closer with your blaster, and keep in mind the reflector can be cancelled into a jump upon reflection which leaves your options open to punish. You can even "waveland" after to keep your feet on the ground.

Basic strategy here is to force Simon into a position where throwing a projectile can be easily punished. Use your reflector to create an opening or bait out an attack with your speed. Once he whiffs an attack, go all in and don't let him breathe. Simon cannot even hope to keep up with our frame data up close.

Oh, and shinespike/Nair him off stage and he's dead.

D

Deleted member

you... you...

somehow managed to spell Richter right, but not Simon.

Top Bottom