• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Richmond, B.C. Jan. 27th Tournament

Patooty

Smash Ace
I decided to make the thread since Eric didn't yet. I'll update the first post with a link to the videos if/when (hopefully the latter) they come out. Also i'll update the first post if anyone gives me any more info on who placed where since the picture of the brackets apparently got screwed up.

Singles -

1. Tori
2. Eggz
3. Ryan
4. SilentWolf
5. Eric
5. Tiep

Doubles -

1. Clod Zero! (Tori/SilentWolf)
2. JohnCarlination(John/Carl)
3. Bugr(Tiep/Ryan)

Crews - America wins by 2 stocks.

Patooty

Smash Ace
First of all, thank you all from WA who showed up. Thanks to Eric and his parents for making the tournament possible and for the great food once again. Thanks to gameclucks for the pot donation. And thanks to everyone else who showed up to make this a successful tournament.
---

Carl - Hope you had a good time here. Too bad about your losses in the tourney, looks like you were having a really offday. I'll try to make it out to your tourney although no promises since that's right before exam time for me. Try to get those crews up when you have time!

Tori - Congrats on first. I didn't get to see many of your matches and didn't get to play you in singles. Good performance in crews, singles, and doubles! Hopefully you come up for our next tournament too!

SilentWolf - Good work in doubles. Me and Ryan really got you guys in winners but in losers bracket you and Tori pulled it together really well and kicked our arses lol. Good stuff in singles and crews as well. All your matches with Ryan were so close! Super *****?

Eggz - GJ taking second! I really thought you could take the whole tourney there. Outstanding performance that I hope gets reflected in your PR. Your mario is TOO GOOD! CHILD KILLER! I think your match with Ryan in losers bracket was one of the best matches in the whole event. I laughed, I cried, I wet myself. Yep I did it all!

Bladewise - I think overall you did pretty good. I bet you weren't expecting me to use Fox at all :p I wasn't expecting to see your Fox either, it was a surprise for both of us!ggz

THE DAN - It's odd to play a Fox that plays so much like my brother's. I guess that just made it kinda unfortunate for you since i know exactly how you (he) plays :p More Dan combos please. Also, dan dan dan dan, dan dan, dan tournament. DAN!

SexualFire - TOO COOL

Wes - Really nice seeing you again. It's too bad hearing that you're not putting a lot of attention on Samus anymore, your Samus was sweet that last time we played. I totally understand why you wouldn't use her in a lot of situations in tournaments though. Thanks for coming up!

Jeff - Nice to see you again. Your toading skills are top notch, lol.

--

Eric - thanks for hosting and knocking me out of winners =\ Not really the second part though. The Peach match was TOO CLOSE. Also, my jiggly sucks. Remember that time I did up+b instead of down+b? I don't even know how I manage to press up instead of down, they're the complete opposite -_-''

Adam - I think you did pretty good other than what happened in crews. When I saw you play Jeff it was weird. I dunno, maybe you just got nervous or something. Oh wellz, don't sweat it too much. I'm sure next time you'll break peach's skull lots! =)

John - Good work in doubles. errr... Good performance in singles too >.> Oh, your crew match with Wes was really nice. Some really sweet spacing moments in there. Thanks for helping to run the tournament.

Spite - Really good job in crews. I KNEW you were the man to take out that Samus. Little did I know you'd do it without taking any damage. And to my greater surprise you took out that jiggly as well. I think you've found your character ;)

MathCamp - too bad you were at math camp. You missed singles by about 10 mins. Don't try to convince me that Jigglypuff doesn't counter Bowser. Ask Gimpyfish65 for confirmation. I know you're trying to make the PR so try to make it to the next tournament.

Manuel - lol, I keeep hearing about how you almost beat Zeru. Marth vs Sheik even. I'm kinda dissappointed I missed it now.

Troy - good to see you again! Hope you can make it out to more events.

Eric's mom - Wings were TOO GOOD. By the time I got there, I only got to eat 4 of them =\
--

Will add more people if I remember. GGz everyone.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Tiep: I killz da bebbiez and I eatzem wiff mah mouf. ^_^ I just realized we didnt play once. Can't wait to play you again man! Good job beatin Teddy.

I don't think their team name was actually "Johncarlination" XD.
I just randomly told Eggz to type that on Eric's account when we were posting results.
Wow...I would've tried to play on those more if I knew they were recording. I think I got like one bad set on them. I think I also fought some cpus on them, lol. Post those...? XD

Metà

Smash Master
MathCamp - too bad you were at math camp. You missed singles by about 10 mins. Don't try to convince me that Jigglypuff doesn't counter Bowser. Ask Gimpyfish65 for confirmation. I know you're trying to make the PR so try to make it to the next tournament.
I never said Puff doesn't counter Bowser. e_e I just said that Bowser does have at least something to defend himself with. I thought it would be an instant win, and it should have been, but I was careless and got hit by too many fortresses, and fortresses are an insta-kill on Puff. I will emerge victorious when we meet again, Gimpy!

I'll do shout-outs later, I'm supposed to be studying right now. :urg:

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
zomg, so many shoutouts.

Carl - Good playing friendlies with you the night before. You're pretty **** good. Good times going out to sushi and Pan's Labyrinth.

Adam - Thanks a lot for housing us. Also, good times with sushi and pan's labyrinth. You have the best gannon I've ever played. GG's.

Ryan - I need to play you more. We could learn a thing or two from eachother's foxes. We play alike! Your match with Eggz was too close.

Tiep - (Your) Samus is too good. GG's.

Eric - Your falco is too good.

Tori - GG's. I suppose you won't be playing marth against me in tourneys anymore, haha. Good job on 1st, too good.

Eggz - You got 2nd....wtf. Haha. Nah, you're like, underrated or something. I predict a boost in PR status next month.

Zeru - Blah! I shouldn't have stolen your stock! We make a pretty good team. Given a 2nd try, I think we could've gotten a lot further (if not taken?) 2v2's. GG's.

Jeff / Wes - Good times. Come over and play more.

Silent - I missed most of your matches. Good job on finishing crews strong. Too good.

B.C guys in general - come to my tournament. Its in the the pacific west forum. March 3rd.

Sexual-Fire

Smash Rookie
wow i am 2 good do you all suck that bad that i had to let you win to stop you from cutting yourselves... maybe next time i will actually have to care or try

Eggz you are God tier
Sex-U-L Fire um.... i love you
Jumpfreak- who are you
Sssssssp- get a real name
other people um pat yourselves on the back for having been in my presence you are not worthy
The end

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs:

Airo: T'was a good time practising with you. I got a good feel of some characters and knocked off some rust in our matches, it seems. You've got a nice Mewtwo.

Carl: Lol at you sandbagging so much against my Kirby that you lost. You destroyed the universe.

Eric: Thanks to you and your parents for helping host this awesome tournament.

Tiep: That was crazy in crews! We were down 9 stock to 6, and you managed to take out 5 with your 3. Nice job in doubles and singles too. Thanks for recommending putting me out against a Samus player, that worked out well.

Ryan: Nice job in singles, crews, and doubles.

Troy: It was cool to talk to someone about UBC. My physics prof is near-death, uses outdated notation and techniques and is a horrible teacher :(

Washington ppl: You'd better enjoy our pretty Canadian money.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
You could probably sneak a Canadian quarter in with American ones for purchases. As for loonies/toonies, you can keep them as mementos of your time in Canada :p

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
I'm gonna lie to you:

There isn't even a REMOTE chance I'll go to PAX on the day of the tournament (if its 1v1)

There may be lag, and ****ty items / rules, but even so, it should still be easy pickings for a 'good prize' :rotfl:

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Hahaha, lets face it - if one of us goes, a bunch of other people are gonna go.

PAX is OK for one day, just no more three day passes for me. So I might as well go on the day of the tourney (which has been friday in past years)

Top Bottom