• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven General - Let's BAND together!

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Yeah but I’m hoping for one in North America.
It's way too late for that I think, I mean it released like 3 years ago. However now that warioware gold is out I wouldn't be surprised if a Rhythm Heaven is being made for the switch.

Last edited:

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Man things have been slow going lately.

In completely unrelated news I'm reaching the brink of insanity somebody send help.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Now how did I not find out about this until now? I’m late to the party, but yes, definitely count me in as a supporter!

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
What could be the Kirby hat ?
Well, I believe regardless of whoever gets in, Kirby would take on the visual style typical of the Rhythm Heaven Series/that character along with one of their features. Karate Joe, his three strands of hair with his Karate Belt, along with probably making Kirby entirely one solid color (depends on Kirby Selected Color). Chorus Kids would be their Bow tie + making Kirby look scribbly like them. Rhythm Girl be her hair & shoes, Tibby’s Heavenly Cut for Tibb, The Wrester’s Mask etc.

Also, since we are on the topic of Kirby, have anyone else watched Lvl100Feraligator’s Butter Building Fusion Collab Custom Remix? Incase anyone don’t know this one, it’s bascuilly a Custom Remix solely made by Lvl100Feraligator where he took awhole bunch of Butter Building arrangements The Butter Buliding Fusion Collab Video, given each arrangement an accompanying Rhythm Game, & then sliced, diced & stitched them all together in order proceeded to create a 10 min long Butter Buliding Fusion Custom Remix with no repeats of either arrangements & of any of the Rhythm Games. I find it just pure madness that this guy solely did all of this :psycho:, so I highly recommand checking it out if you really want to see the Ultimate Butter Building Video out there with a twist!

*EDIT* I just found out that the Butter Buliding Fusion Collab was its completely own spersate thing before hand! My bad :teeth:!

Last edited:

CoolBob

Smash Cadet
Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret!
A Rhythm Heaven rep is the only thing left that would make this game perfect to me. I'm trying not to get my hopes up since I don't think they did very well on the ballot, and there probably aren't too many characters yet to be revealed, but it'd be a dream come true. If not a playable character, then at least an Assist Trophy or stage. It'd be pretty sad if we didn't at least get that, especially after how close we apparently were to getting a playable RH character in the last game.

Whoever the Rhythm Heaven rep is, would you guys rather it be a 2D fighter like Mr. Game & Watch, or use a 3D model?
3D. The WarioWare Assist Trophies are 3D, and they have the same art style and artist (Ko Takeuchi) as the Rhythm Heaven characters, so there's no reason why they shouldn't be. 2D would look really lazy IMO and give Smash fans a worse impression of the series than they probably already have.

Sakurai has said that characters that'll have upcoming games take priority, and Rhythm heaven is far from dead.
I've heard some rumors that point to the opposite, but it's still true that it's in better shape than a lot of other Nintendo series due to having several recent games. Regardless though, it's clear that Nintendo of America is not fond of the series due to it not selling as well as they'd like, which might make it harder for Sakurai to include a rep for that reason. Also, the subpar sales outside of Japan are another reason I really want RH to get a character in Smash - it did wonders for series like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Last edited:

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I would be incredibly happy with this. My only gripe with the Chorus Kids being the rep is that they haven't been in all the games, however the Conductor has as he is a member of the Clappy Trio, so this fixes my gripe with their representation entirely. I would be ecstatic if this is real.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So.. with the Direct around the corner, how likely do guys think the Chorus Kids (or any other RH character) are?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Question: This would obviously be a Smash 6 or whatever but do you think Rhythm Heaven has enough potential for a hypothetical second rep?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Question: This would obviously be a Smash 6 or whatever but do you think Rhythm Heaven has enough potential for a hypothetical second rep?
I could see it, only If Smash Ultimate makes RH popular...
And assuming it worked with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, well...

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
I know I should be sleeping, but I've been going on a supportive streak for other characters besides Isaac, so here's mine for the Rhythm Heaven thread. Count our lucky stars that the chorus kids have a chance to make it. If they happen to make it, then Rhythm Heaven will gain so much traction than it could ever imagine.

Plus, the Chorus Kids are adorable in my opinion and are the perfect "WTF" character for Smash. You guys have my utmost support from a fellow Isaacgal.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I think the fact that DLC was finalized around the release of Rhythm heaven Megamix is only a good thing!

Also the fact that each pack includes a new stage and music might mean something I dunno.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm just happy the wrestler and reporter are back as Spirits! I bet they'll have a GREAT tag team battle if they're in event mode!

Last edited:

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Karate Joe and the Chorus kids are on the main site

Tibby and Tap Trial Girl nowhere to be seen

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping for Tap trial Girl to be DLC...
I noticed the Two Air Rally guys are a spirit too!

What's interesting about this is that Rhythm Heaven seems to have a TON of spirits, just as many if not more than a lot of the series WITH characters. (I've seen more RH spirits than Pikmin or Wario spirits for example) So at least Sakurai is acknowledging how dope the series is! Me thinks this bodes well.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No matter the character; I'm all on board with Rhythm Heaven now. Let's do this. We need to have the DLC kick ass to make up for the sputtery ending

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
That's... the way... that it is.... I suppose there is DLC but... sigh. We don't even have an assist trophy. I'm content with basically everything in Ultimate but Rhythm Heaven's utter lack of representation is the one component that feels missing to me. If it wasn't for this I'd be like completely satisfied, I'd love Banjo and Ninten but Rhythm Heaven is the biggest thing. I'm starting to think if we want this we're going to have to stick together now and make our voices heard.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That's... the way... that it is.... I suppose there is DLC but... sigh. We don't even have an assist trophy. I'm content with basically everything in Ultimate but Rhythm Heaven's utter lack of representation is the one component that feels missing to me. If it wasn't for this I'd be like completely satisfied, I'd love Banjo and Ninten but Rhythm Heaven is the biggest thing. I'm starting to think if we want this we're going to have to stick together now and make our voices heard.
I mean we do have Spirits of Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Sumo bros, Wrestler and Reporter, and Baxter and Forthington
That alone is pretty big...
Already 4 Rhythm Heaven related matches

Last edited:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I'm now fine with any Rhythm Heaven re to make it in Smash, with those spirits, we may possibly get DLC character in the future, we just have to believe!!!

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
We have SO MANY spirits and yet that’s it..? No Assist? No costume? No stage? We have all these stickers that a playable character would have like Villager and Mario, but that’s all we get? Seems kinda weird to me, let’s continue to achieve that perfect for the DLC this time around.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Wow I just watched a video discussion from Arlo where he says the chorus kids are a joke and it was never gonna happen. I've lost so much respect for the guy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wow I just watched a video discussion from Arlo where he says the chorus kids are a joke and it was never gonna happen. I've lost so much respect for the guy.
Huh, just watched that too...
I hate it when people say Rhythm Heaven isn't worthy for Smash

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
So Fruit basket is in the game! and it has the generic Icon which makes sense considering there wouldn't be a stage to play it on.
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1058695598361038848

This is new territory though, Nintendo hasn't added a new series as dlc that has required the reclassification of old music before.
Also unlike Elma we actually have new music from our Boys so who knows what that means.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So Fruit basket is in the game! and it has the generic Icon which makes sense considering there wouldn't be a stage to play it on.
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1058695598361038848

This is new territory though, Nintendo hasn't added a new series as dlc that has required the reclassification of old music before.
Also unlike Elma we actually have new music from our Boys so who knows what that means.
It's so like PushDustin to **** on dreams

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
It's so like PushDustin to **** on dreams
I'd actually say this helps our chances tbh, a song from megamix is p new. Tbh I have a theory if Rhythm Heaven is DLC. Tsunku had cancer for a while. During smash 4 he had cancer to the point where he was hospitilized, so he likely couldn't approve a fighter. Ultimate, 2015, he was much better but he couldn't talk. What if Sakurai has just been needing Tsunku's approval, and now for DLC he's finally ready.

Top Bottom