• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven General - Let's BAND together!

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman

Love this fan art!
Ahh, Karate Joe in all his various outfits/colors Embarrass + his father Karate Senior Embarrass. Though, I'm abit wondering on what the second Joe in the bottom right is ment to reflect beside possibly reflecting his appearance in the Megamix Karate Joe which I'm pretty sure is exactly the same as the Original look.

*Edit* It might actually be based upon his appearance in Fever's Remix 9.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
There's a lot of songs that would be cool in Smash, especially those with lyrics.
Though, my personal favorite would be a remix Bouncy Road. It's a bit short so maybe mixed with something else that fits?
Space Dance also would be cool.
And "Kitties!"
And Fruit Basket 2
etc...

I'm forgettig something for sure, there are so many... basically, I'd be happy with anything from RH.

Last edited:

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I love Rhythm Heaven and want a character from the series in Smash more than anyone else. I fully support anyone from the series being playable.

My preferred rep is obviously Joe, since y'know, I made the current Joe thread, but I love all the characters so anyone is fine by me!

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Hello! Karate Joe, or any one from this series, is my most wanted character for this game by far. I used to own a Tibby thead and I'd be fine with him but I'd prefer Joe at this point. I kinda doubt it's gonna happen but I hope I'm wrong.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
This is really good idea! I feel like most of us, while preferring a certain character, just want Rhythm Heaven playable in some form. We can do it!

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I didn't replay play Rythm Paradise games, but a character based on rythm would be very cool to play ! I love original ideas, and the chara-design of those characters is very funny, so it could be great if it was a Rythm Paradise character. Add me to the list !

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I didn't replay play Rythm Paradise games, but a character based on rythm would be very cool to play ! I love original ideas, and the chara-design of those characters is very funny, so it could be great if it was a Rythm Paradise character. Add me to the list !
I'd highly recommend trying these games out, a lot of people dismiss them as dime a dozen mini-game collections, but these are the best music games ever made! (In my opinion)

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, everyone's listing their most wanted RH newcomers, so here's mine:
1. Chorus Kids
2. Marshal
3. Karate Joe
4. Rhythm Girl
5. Tibby

Also, Remix 8 (DS) is my most wanted music track. I just feel like it fits really well for smash.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Also, Remix 8 (DS) is my most wanted music track. I just feel like it fits really well for smash.
Oh yeah! Remix 8 have to be another one of my favourite remixes! I just love the fastness of it, the beginning/end parts, &...Lockstep! Yes, I love the dreaded Lockstep. Bet you never seen someone who loves it :lick:.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In the Smash General thread we were tasked to pick five characters with five unique stages and I put down Remix 10 as my Rhythm Heaven stage. A WarioWare-esque changing stage with randomized rhythm games and related obstacles could be a ton of fun and a great way to showcase the diversity of the series!

...Totally not related to the fact that WarioWare Inc. is one of my favorite Smash stages ever, nosirree.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
In the Smash General thread we were tasked to pick five characters with five unique stages and I put down Remix 10 as my Rhythm Heaven stage. A WarioWare-esque changing stage with randomized rhythm games and related obstacles could be a ton of fun and a great way to showcase the diversity of the series!

...Totally not related to the fact that WarioWare Inc. is one of my favorite Smash stages ever, nosirree.
Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware are considered sister series, if I have my facts straight.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I don't care who or how, but I want rhythm heaven music in smash so bad. Even if it's a stage with no character, I *need* rhythm heaven representation. It's downright criminal that we don't already have it.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'd love to see Tibby. I'm aware of his recency, but he's just such a lovable little guy and I'm fond of the idea of an afro that stores away an entire moveset.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Tap Trial Girl supporter here, really hoping we get anything Rhythm Heaven related at this point though.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Whoever the Rhythm Heaven rep is, would you guys rather it be a 2D fighter like Mr. Game & Watch, or use a 3D model?
I'd personally prefer a 3D model, but I realize 2D model would be more fitting for the series. However I think animating a 2D character in the Rhythm Heaven stylistic might take a lot of dev time and effort to get right.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whoever the Rhythm Heaven rep is, would you guys rather it be a 2D fighter like Mr. Game & Watch, or use a 3D model?
I'd personally prefer a 3D model, but I realize 2D model would be more fitting for the series. However I think animating a 2D character in the Rhythm Heaven stylistic might be take a lot of dev time and effort to get right.
I’m 2D all the way. Every time I see a 3D model of a RH character it looks terrible, it just doesn’t translate.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I’m 2D all the way. Every time I see a 3D model of a RH character it looks terrible, it just doesn’t translate.
To be fair we've never seen it done by an industry professional before, especially ones as amazing as Sakurai and his team.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I don't care who or how, but I want rhythm heaven music in smash so bad. Even if it's a stage with no character, I *need* rhythm heaven representation. It's downright criminal that we don't already have it.
Yeah, at this point I just want RH to get something, even if it's just a stage
I'd love to see Tibby. I'm aware of his recency, but he's just such a lovable little guy and I'm fond of the idea of an afro that stores away an entire moveset.
Recency really only helps Tibby. Megamix released a few months before the project plan, and Sakurai could have potentially decided to use him as he was the main character. The Afro thing could be cool.
I'd personally prefer a 3D model, but I realize 2D model would be more fitting for the series. However I think animating a 2D character in the Rhythm Heaven stylistic might take a lot of dev time and effort to get right.
I feel like tibby and rhythm girl could definitely work in 3D, but Chorus Kids and Karate Man might have some trouble. They're all one solid color, and Chorus Kids have that scribble effect. I'd prefer 2D I think, but a nice 3D model would be cool too.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The 2D Rhythm Heaven trophies were so cute and crisp-looking in Smash 4. I'm hoping for that style.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm hoping that it's 2D... If it was 3D, it would kinda lose it's charm...

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I can honestly imagine that if a Rhythm Heaven Character is to be made 3D’d for Smash, they could manipulate their model to give off the impression of just being a 2D image similar to how Mr. Game & Watch is actually 3D but is flattened when rendered. However, I rather they do it though using their visuals instead of just flattening the model when rendered.

That’s just my take on the matter.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I think a mix of the two would be better, a 3D model, but with an outline sorta thing kinda like the outlines of characters on Smash 3ds, just more pronounced and thick.

Also I should mention that Rhythm Heaven isn't entirely 2D, Airboarders/Rhythm Rally exist. (Probably a few others I'm not thinking of.)

Obviously the solution is to make the RH newcomer be Airboarder.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Obviously the solution is to make the RH newcomer be Airboarder.
Your an utter genius!!! Why haven’t we thought of him before!?!?! He would absolutely be the best character to represent the series. Like, can you just imagine him just going “YeaaaaaaaAAAAAA LETS GO!” as his Entrance Animatoon, because I sure can! It just gets your blood pumping for the matzoh & represent the zazyiness of the Rhythm Heaven series to perfection in just a single line!!! I’m absolutely down for this, so LETS GO!!!

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Really the most obvious Rhythm Heaven rep would be the Widgets

1. They're in every single game
2. They're the first Minigame in the DS game and therefore significant
3. They'd be best Girl
4. Cylinders are objectively the best shape followed closely by Squares
5. Easy To 3d Model
6. Endless moveset potential

Here are some alts

PLs SakuRai

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
How can you possibly forget "Rubik, The Amazing Cube", everyone's favourite cartoon about a freaking anthropomorphic rubik's cube?
...Rubik’s Cube...had a...cartoon? That’s the first I heard of it :lol:.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
You are joking, but a Built to Scale stage would be perfect, it's very iconic and there's potential for original gimmicks/stage hazards.

And you are all wrong, the Moai are the best newcomer. :glare:
(I'm still laughing for that rubik thing and the WTF reaction of the users above)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
You think any Rhythm Heaven character would fit as DLC? It's a more obscure series than something like Fire Emblem or Bayonetta, though maybe it's more popular in Japan?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
though maybe it's more popular in Japan?
Correct. The DS game was a million seller there, while American and European sales were both around 500000.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You think any Rhythm Heaven character would fit as DLC? It's a more obscure series than something like Fire Emblem or Bayonetta, though maybe it's more popular in Japan?
That depends. If they did have work done on them for 4, or if they barely miss getting in to Ultimate, I think yeah. Otherwise, might be too niche/region-specific.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
On that front, one piece of concern would be that though Rhythm Heaven Megamix WAS released in time for the 2015 project plan, it took a bit for it to come to Western markets, right?

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
On that front, one piece of concern would be that though Rhythm Heaven Megamix WAS released in time for the 2015 project plan, it took a bit for it to come to Western markets, right?
I think because of this Rhythm Heaven may be a lot more likely than people give it credit for.

* A game released right when project plan was made
* It's one of the last relevant nintendo franchises that hasn't appeared in smash (discounting too recent stuff)
* A character was totally gonna be in smash 4 probably
* From a business sense the series could really use the advertising smash provides (see Xenoblade and Earthbound)
* Sakurai has said that characters that'll have upcoming games take priority, and Rhythm heaven is far from dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom