• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven General - Let's BAND together!

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet

The Rhythm Heaven General Thread
A compilation thread for every potential Rhythm Heaven rep!

Why?
Rhythm Heaven is one of the last currently relevant Nintendo franchises who hasn't had a playable character in smash, and people are hoping that ultimate will finally be the game to recognize our melodious marauders. But have you ever heard of too much of a good thing? There are so many characters in rhythm heaven that have the potential for Smash, that we're spreading ourselves too thin! I know for a fact that there are tons of Rhythm Heaven fans out there but the character threads tend to stagnate or flat out die as far as replies go, so why not combine them all into one? Rhythm heaven is a pretty niche series so we need to work together to keep up the hype!

Show your support for Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl, the Chorus Kids, Wrestler, Tibby, The Barista, Marshal, The wandering samurai, or a giant flying onion here!

Check out some of the individual character threads for good arguments and dope fan art!
Karate Joe
Chorus Kids
Rhythm Girl

If you have any suggestions for how I could improve this post feel free to say so

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
RH is a special series because I feel like no matter who gets in, people will be happy just to see the series represented.
I personally think Karate Joe would be the best choice, but I'd be happy with literally anyone from the series being added.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)
Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm in full support of a Rhythm Heaven General thread, supporters of this series's many characters coming together would be awesome to see. Although if you're looking for suggestions, maybe including links to the other character threads would be a good idea. That way if someone in the thread is curious about who the Wrestler is or why he's desired they can check out that character's OP.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
My ranking of characters that I want to see in Rhythm Heaven's Smash would look like this:

1- Chorus Kids
2- Karate Joe
3- Rhythm Girl
4- Tibby
5- Marshal
6- Reporter and wrestler

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet
I'm down with a Rhythm Heaven general. Of course we all have our preferences when it comes to the character choice, but at the end of the day we're all basically supporting the same cause.
Maybe Rhythm Heaven-related polls can be held here?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yes! I support! Also, I kinda want to see a little supporter list section, like most support threads...
My ranking of characters that I want to see in Rhythm Heaven's Smash would look like this:

1- Chorus Kids
2- Karate Joe
3- Rhythm Girl
4- Tibby
5- Marshal
6- Reporter and wrestler
My Picks
1. Rhythm Girl/Tap Trial Girl
2. Chorus Men
3. Reporter
4. Karate Joe
5. Marshal
6. Tibby
I'm down with a Rhythm Heaven general. Of course we all have our preferences when it comes to the character choice, but at the end of the day we're all basically supporting the same cause.
Maybe Rhythm Heaven-related polls can be held here?
Yeah... I like that Idea...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Links to the rest of the threads would be cool, plus maybe their potential movesets and stages. But a general thread sounds good to me. Out of everyone pitched, here are my most-to-least-wanted reps.

1- Rhythm Reporter (& Wrestler)
2- Rhythm Girl
3- Karate Joe
4- Tibby
5- Chorus Kids
6- Marshall

I just love the Reporter and Wrestler. I'm partial to wrestling in general and their trophy was so cute and their game was so fun! I also see their movesets reflecting the whole game - the Reporter would be the main face of the duo and could reference the other rhythm games with her moves. A rhythm-focused moveset would be complex but a ton of fun.

At least we, as Rhythm Heaven fans can all unite now. Lord knows this series needs representation of any kind.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
My chart:

1- Karate Joe (as long as his cat makes a cameo in a taunt)
2- Rhythm Girl/Tap Trial Girl (as long as she brings the monkeys into the moveset)
3- Marshal & Barista (with Night Walk and Chorus Kids references in the moveset)
4- Munchy Monk
5- Space Dancer/s (Pu-pu-pu-PAWNCH)
6- Samurai Drummer (obscure but very cool)

Actually, Marshal & Barista's moveset writes itself, so even if it's not on top of my chart, I think it's a very good option. Chorus Kids may even be his final smash (isn't he one of the trio?).
I'm not sure how Barista would be implemented but I think it would be nice to have him in the moveset because he's iconic.

The Wandering Samurai is another recurring character but I think he would be boring...

EDIT: Samurai Drummer can bring the "dark monkeys" (called MAN-K) in the moveset, I think.
I can't post the actual picture because Wikia breaks them, so here's the link:4link:

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet
As long as monkeys are involved in the moveset somehow I'm more than content.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This was in the Rhythm Girl Support Thread for a while now, But I thought I'd bring it up just to spark discussion...
Shoutout to smashkirby smashkirby for bringing this to my attention
Man, This makes me hope that the RH rep is a duo consisting of Rhythm Girl and Karate Joe (Also, I totally ship them)

zferolie

Smash Hero
A general thread is never a bad thing I feel. Personally my wants from the series as a rep goes in this order.

1. Rhythm girl(seems like the best way to incorperate the whole series in 1 character as she is a kinda blank slate and appears a lot im marketing. Can even use the monkies and the chorus kids in her moveset well.
2. Chorus Kids.(Seemed planned in Smash4, so they seem likely. would be a unique 3 person character
3. Karate Joe(he's popular but i am skeptical on how a karate master could show off the zaniness of the series as a whole...
4. Reporter and wrestler(while cute and could be a cool duo gimmik, its hard for me to see them in. an AT seems likely for them though

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Chorus Kids and Karate Joe are my picks for any Rhythm Heaven reps in general, it would overall just be nice to see another Nintendo IP like this get more recognition. :)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
My picks are:
1. Karate Joe
2. Wandering Samurai
3. Chorus Kids
4. Wrestler
5. Rhythm Girl

Don’t forget to check out, sign, and share my petition for Karate Joe to be playable in Smash. Thanks!

Last edited:

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Don’t forget to check out, sign, and share my petition for Karate Joe to be playable in Smash. Thanks!
Not to be a debby downer but I don’t think a Change.org petition has changed anything in the history of the internet

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My ranking for RH characters would probably be something like

1- Chorus Kids
2- Karate Joe
3- Reporter (& Wrestler?)
Then the others
Then Rhythm Girl last

Nothing against Rhythm Girl, she just feels to generic for such a wacky series.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This was in the Rhythm Girl Support Thread for a while now, But I thought I'd bring it up just to spark discussion...
Shoutout to smashkirby smashkirby for bringing this to my attention
Man, This makes me hope that the RH rep is a duo consisting of Rhythm Girl and Karate Joe (Also, I totally ship them)
Hey, thanks! I wasn't even sure anyone remembered my posting this.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I feel like this thread should’ve been made a long time ago. There really isn’t a clear cut from the franchise on who should be added, you do have Chorus Kids, but we never knew why Sakurai scrapped the idea. Not to mention that all the different support threads are fans of Rhythm Heaven.

In my opinion, I think it might be possible that Rhythm Heaven gets the a mix of :ultgnw: and :ultpokemontrainer: treatment. What I mean is that you have one character (the reporter? karate joe?) have a moveset that involves multiple other characters from the series appear for attacks. It helps encompass how the series has multiple mini games with multiple characters.

Aside from that, I still think it’s possible we may get a Rhythm Heaven charcater, and it would be nice to get a new series in Smash.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Has that Windows Server 2003 Karate Joe leak ever been proven fake?

I know that the blog number was taken by the Isabelle post, but they may have changed it because of the leak.

As far as I know there was only one thing against that leak, and it was the note in the logo that matched perfectly with the one from that other fake leak that came out the same day (some hours later); but the fake leaker may have drawn the logo over the one from the Windows Server leak for what we know.

As unlikely as it is, I think that there is still a slim chance that the leak was real and we got Isabelle instead because they changed it to discredit the leak (maybe they delayed the direct ALSO for this reason... I'm not saying that they weren't doing it for respect, but maybe there was also something more).

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

I know that the blog number was taken by the Isabelle post, but they may have changed it because of the leak.

As far as I know there was only one thing against that leak, and it was the note in the logo that matched perfectly with the one from that other fake leak that came out the same day (some hours later); but the fake leaker may have drawn the logo over the one from the Windows Server leak for what we know.

As unlikely as it is, I think that there is still a slim chance that the leak was real and we got Isabelle instead because they changed it to discredit the leak (maybe they delayed the direct ALSO for this reason... I'm not saying that they weren't doing it for respect, but maybe there was also something more).
We don't know yet. It's not the best leak. But, we'll see what happens.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

...What?!? Are you seriously claiming that they could take one character out of the game and add another character in in just one week?!? That's flat-out crazy!!!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
...What?!? Are you seriously claiming that they could take one character out of the game and add another character in in just one week?!? That's flat-out crazy!!!
They said the characters’ places in the blogs .JSON listings were swapped, not their existence within the game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
They said the characters’ places in the blogs .JSON listings were swapped, not their existence within the game.
The way they worded it implies that a character was flat-out removed from the game just to spite a leaker, which makes no sense.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The way they worded it implies that a character was flat-out removed from the game just to spite a leaker, which makes no sense.
The wording’s fine, you just misunderstood.

‘As unlikely as it is, I think that there is still a slim chance that the leak was real and we got Isabelle instead because they changed it to discredit the leak’

Nowhere does it say ‘removed’, ‘replaced’, ‘erased’, just ‘changed’.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sorry for the confusion, I meant what GoodGrief741 said indeed.
It's still only a supposition and I have no proof for that.
Unfortunatelly, our only option is to wait until we get more info.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I want a Karate Man Medley. A Remix medley of Karateka, Struck by the Rain, Lonely Storm, Karate Man (Megamix), and Karate Man Senior!

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Flockstep and Lockstep. Possibly even a medley of them for no good reason.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Just give me that damn sweet Lush Remix Japanese Version to Smash alongside to. My absolute favourite Remix in the Series, especially because of those :love:heavenly voices:love:! It was an utter shame that the Lyrics were butched for the English Version for trumpets. Would of loved to see what one with English Lyrics would of been like :crying:.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Man... it really messes me up that there's an unused fighter icon for Rhythm Heaven in Smash 4. Like, them getting in 4 would've gotten them an automatic seat in Ultimate, but because they didn't we have to wait and see if RH is still a priority in this game's roster. It's really cursed knowledge I wish I never learned and makes speculation for a Rhythm Heaven character that much more complicated.

Same with Alph too! Poor Alph. He was armslength from being a clone but barely missed the mark. Pour one out for Alph...

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, there's a general thread for RH rep now, that's great!

Now with that said, I don't really care specifically who gets in, I just want a RH rep in Smash already. And one of my prime reasons for that is because of music. I'd very much appreciate some new arrangements to the tunes we all know and love. Just imagine; ORCHESTRAL REMIX OF BLUE BIRDS

Last edited:
Top Bottom