• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven General - Let's BAND together!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
does Nintendo want it? (and unfortunately I doubt it, but who knows).
I was able to believe Terry wasn't Sakurai's choice, but Nintendo wanting to ride the SNK guest fighter train, but FP2 makes me believe Sakurai has more power than we think if A. the fighters are similar to previous ideas of his and B. We were able to get solo Pyra and Kazuya, I'd think if Nintendo was more strict they'd insist on Rex and Heihachi.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I was able to believe Terry wasn't Sakurai's choice, but Nintendo wanting to ride the SNK guest fighter train, but FP2 makes me believe Sakurai has more power than we think if A. the fighters are similar to previous ideas of his and B. We were able to get solo Pyra and Kazuya, I'd think if Nintendo was more strict they'd insist on Rex and Heihachi.
Well on that front we know that sakurai was planning to do slime if square enix said no to doing hero, so I don't think nintendo have much input on the fighter themself, just on franchise if anything

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Theres some amazing irony to Rhythm Heaven and Sakurai sharing a birthday (He probably would've done an anniversary post if there was any in battle content to use for it)
It still baffle me that they didn't even do an assist trophy for RH. I feel like putting a 2d karate Joe would have been super easy, and if Swapnote and Art academy could get one there was no reason not to give one to RH.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
It still baffle me that they didn't even do an assist trophy for RH. I feel like putting a 2d karate Joe would have been super easy, and if Swapnote and Art academy could get one there was no reason not to give one to RH.
Especially so given they did many spirit battles for RH stuff, meaning they know it could work in a battle context.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So today is pretty much our last chances unless there's some big surprises more fighters but I really don't think that will happen. Even if things seems bad for Rhythm heaven I still have a little bit of hope. Maybe Nintendo did give Sakurai more liberty for the last fighter and he could have picked Rhythm heaven because he wanted to do it in the past.

I'm not too sure if I'm going to stay that much on Smashboards after Ultimate ends. But my biggest hope is that Rhythm heaven makes a comeback later in the Switch life cycle, and Rhythm heaven would be more seriously considered for the next Smash whenever this happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom