• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys, Satoru Iwata.....has.....passed away last night. I hope Ms. Rhythm and the RH gang can give a song of prayer for the man....:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well none of the RH characters seem to be that wanted for DLC according to those polls- they may have to wait till the next Smash Bros and be a base character since people probably wouldn't be interested/know they wanted it until it happens like WFT, G&W, R.O.B., etc.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not surprised by all the "No's", there were plenty of negativity against the Chrous Kids back when the Gematsu Leak was going strong. So seeing all these people hate any other Rhythm Heaven character for the same reason doesn't surprise me at all.

Like DonkaFjord said, it's best for these guys to be in the vanilla roster of Smash 5 (assuming Sakurai doesn't give up giving the stress over the fan criticisms). While DLC would be completely possible, the next DLC will be about fanservice and not many characters from the games are seen as fan favorites in the eyes of the Smash fanbase. :/

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
^Yeah, I agree. Sakurai might want to only make characters DLC who he knows with confidence will sell very well, (such as veterans, video game icons, or very popular characters like King K. Rool, Issac, and Dixie) because making DLC characters takes a lot of resources and money. He might not want to take a risk by selling a semi-popular character to the public. Rhythm Heaven is a popular series and it has a lot of fans, but is it popular enough for it to warrant a DLC character? I think so, but a lot of Smash fans don't think so.

Hypothetically speaking, if Wii Fit Trainer had not made it into the vanilla roster, and hackers found indisputable evidence that she was going to be playable, I bet she'd have around the same amount of supporters to be DLC that most of the popular RH characters have, because even though Wii Fit is a popular and well known series, Wii Fit Trainer herself is pretty obscure to smash fans. Remember the reactions from fans when she was first revealed? I definitely think Rhythm Girl, Marshal, or the Chorus Kids would have gave fans the same wtf reaction. However, now that Wii Fit Trainer made it into the vanilla roster, her popularity has increased and by the time Smash 5 begins development, tons of people will be supporting her to be brought back. The same thing would happen to a RH character (or any obscure character for that matter) if they had made it on the vanilla roster.

So yeah, while I'd love for a RH character to be DLC and still support the idea of it, I think waiting until Smash 5 to add a RH character is probably the best thing to do from a business standpoint. But eh, who knows? Maybe Sakurai will throw us a curve ball and will give us a RH character or some other semi-popular character from the Smash Ballot.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Roy and Ryu people will demand as much as King K Rool, Mewtwo and etc ...?

I think not, people will pay for any character, for example to put Sherk and people pay the same.

So Sakurai must apologize to the fans of Rhythm Heaven for not placing a character in the game, if not, I find it very rude.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I just hope Sakurai takes Ms. Rhythm into consideration for future Smash games. Like I always say, she seems "ambiguous" enough to represent most, if not, ALL of Rhythm Heaven, especially if that fan-Smashified render from June(?)/July(?) is any indication.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just hope Sakurai takes Ms. Rhythm into consideration for future Smash games. Like I always say, she seems "ambiguous" enough to represent most, if not, ALL of Rhythm Heaven, especially if that fan-Smashified render from June(?)/July(?) is any indication.
Speaking of Rhythm Troupe, one fan Smash idea so far included this trio on their roster. While many on the Fantendo community would prefer having one character (Karate Joe or Chorus Kids), this one thinks that having a troupe would be enough to satisfy the fans.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Evolution_(UH)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Rhythm Troupe would be interesting, but depending of how the character would work, it could be even more problematic than ICs or the "Chorus Kids" could be.

(At this point I will take almost anyone as long as we get a RH rep in the game)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Rhythm Troupe would be interesting, but depending of how the character would work, it could be even more problematic than ICs or the "Chorus Kids" could be.

(At this point I will take almost anyone as long as we get a RH rep in the game)
Depends if they have separate AI or not, and if they do it would depend if it was simple enough or not? Not really sure.

Reila

Depends if they have separate AI or not, and if they do it would depend if it was simple enough or not? Not really sure.
You are right, but even without proper separate AIs, Pikmin & Olimar is a bit wonky on the 3DS version. So who knows. But as I said, the idea is interesting.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I LOVE the idea of Ms. Rhythm being in Smash, believe you me, I do. But does anyone else get the feeling someone like her (or to be fair, Rhythm Heaven as a whole) will simply be saved for a playable appearance in Smash 5? Don't get me wrong, if someone from RH IS playable as DLC for Smash 4, I'll be more than happy, but still, with the Fight Ballot getting ready to end soon and all....

Reila

I LOVE the idea of Ms. Rhythm being in Smash, believe you me, I do. But does anyone else get the feeling someone like her (or to be fair, Rhythm Heaven as a whole) will simply be saved for a playable appearance in Smash 5? Don't get me wrong, if someone from RH IS playable as DLC for Smash 4, I'll be more than happy, but still, with the Fight Ballot getting ready to end soon and all....
I think so, yeah. Sakurai said the next DLC will be fanservice and I have feeling he is talking about characters that have fans in both Japan and the west, but sadly Rhythm Heaven is extremely unpopular outside of Japan. But who knows, a Rhythm Heaven rep was planned to be in the vanilla game, maybe they went back to that idea and are planning to release the character as DLC :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think so, yeah. Sakurai said the next DLC will be fanservice and I have feeling he is talking about characters that have fans in both Japan and the west, but sadly Rhythm Heaven is extremely unpopular outside of Japan. But who knows, a Rhythm Heaven rep was planned to be in the vanilla game, maybe they went back to that idea and are planning to release the character as DLC :)
Hopefully. Still though, maybe RH might have a chance if they're looking for requests in the U.S. AND Japan (where RH is HIGHLY requested to get better representation in Smash.) I wonder if Japan has any thoughts on Ms. Rhythm, or ANY RH characters getting into Smash anymore.

Reila

I wonder if Japan has any thoughts on Ms. Rhythm, or ANY RH characters getting into Smash anymore.
I do wonder that too. If I had to guess, I would say the monkey(s) would be the most request character(s), since they appear in a lot of Rhythm Heaven mini-games/songs. They are also part of one of the most recognizable/popular songs in the Rhythm Heaven series, "Monkey Watch".

As for myself, I would be satisfied with Rhythm Girl, Reporter & Wrestler, Chorus Kids, Monkey(s), etc... Though I admit not being a big fan of Karate Joe.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I do wonder that too. If I had to guess, I would say the monkey(s) would be the most request character(s), since they appear in a lot of Rhythm Heaven mini-games/songs. They are also part of one of the most recognizable/popular songs in the Rhythm Heaven series, "Monkey Watch".

As for myself, I would be satisfied with Rhythm Girl, Reporter & Wrestler, Chorus Kids, Monkey(s), etc... Though I admit not being a big fan of Karate Joe.
Not even going to lie, you're not the only one who's not that big a fan of Karate Joe...Still, as weird as it may sound, I'm actually okay if the Rhythm Monkeys are suggested to be playable reps of RH. They really are adorable. Not sure how others would take that though...

Reila

Not even going to lie, you're not the only one who's not that big a fan of Karate Joe...Still, as weird as it may sound, I'm actually okay if the Rhythm Monkeys are suggested to be playable reps of RH. They really are adorable. Not sure how others would take that though...
Contrary to what my signature might suggest, I love monkeys (:rolleyes:), so I am 100% behind the idea of a monkey being the Rhythm Heaven rep. But once again, I just want a Rhythm Heaven rep in the game, regardless of who might be the rep (hopefully not Joe).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For me, it would be Rhythm Girl > Rhythm Monkey > Chorus Kids > Karate Joe > Rhythm Wrestler > Marshal > Hue Birds.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey there, gang. Figure I should add this. Truth be told, that little rhythm-loving cutie was on my mind at one point today, and considering she probably won't appear in THIS Smash, I was bored and decided to post these here:

Reila

Are there any particular reasons to care about that poll?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Are there any particular reasons to care about that poll?
It's just to have a good idea of who the most voted characters are while we wait for the Smash Ballot to close soon. Plus, it gives PushDustIn an excuse to do a little extra while he's still calculating the most wanted characters from Japan.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, how is Ms. Rhythm currently doing in terms of Smash? Obviously, not great. But still, I wonder how the little cutie is doing....

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not so good. She's actually doing horrible in that Individual Poll from SourceGaming and most other RH choices are much lower than the Chorus Kids for obvious reasons.

With a placement of 173 being near guys like Ayumi and Jimmy T, most people are either neutral or don't want her that much. I'm not really sure if that hype from her Rhythm Troupe Smashified is having a long lasting effect anymore.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Aw yes add me as a supporter!

I'd take her over the other characters people always mention.
She just feels like a better character to encapsulate the franchise.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Anyone else still sticking with Ms. Rhythm until the fat thin lady sings? The Smash Ballot submissions DO end today, you know...

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'd take a simple "Thanks for the votes, look forward for future announcements regarding official fighters" from Nintendo, but we're not even getting that

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I'd take a simple "Thanks for the votes, look forward for future announcements regarding official fighters" from Nintendo, but we're not even getting that
at least on my side, the ballot's still going

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, we may as well throw a couple of votes Ms. Rhythm's way. BTW, if by some chance you all voted for her, what exactly did you put down as reasons for her inclusion, and also, what did all of you label Ms. Rhythm's name as?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Sorry for my absence. I will update the OP to add the new support.

So the ballot finally closed. I ended up voting for 4 different characters on 4 devices with a pretty decent gap between entries to justify fudging the rules slightly. Just curious but who did everyone vote for (besides rhythm girl of course!)

Edit: Cleaning up the OP was tedious! I see they made some changes to the way spoilers work. I'll fix some of the weirdness later so that will have to do.

Last edited:

Reila

Sorry for my absence. I will update the OP to add the new support.

So the ballot finally closed. I ended up voting for 4 different characters on 4 devices with a pretty decent gap between entries to justify fudging the rules slightly. Just curious but who did everyone vote for (besides rhythm girl of course!)

Edit: Cleaning up the OP was tedious! I see they made some changes to the way spoilers work. I'll fix some of the weirdness later so that will have to do.
I voted for Inklings, Dixie Kong and Bomberman. ^_^

Anyways, I am still hoping the Rhythm Girl or any other Rhythm Heaven character shows up as DLC for Smash 4. The Smash roster will never feel right until a Rhythm Heaven character gets to playable status.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I voted for Inklings, Dixie Kong and Bomberman. ^_^

Anyways, I am still hoping the Rhythm Girl or any other Rhythm Heaven character shows up as DLC for Smash 4. The Smash roster will never feel right until a Rhythm Heaven character gets to playable status.
Well, of course. I am more so hoping for Ms. Rhythm than anyone else in RH, but as long as we get an RH character, I won't complain.
BTW, guys, 3 questions.
1. If Ms. Rhythm got a trophy in Smash, what would the description/bio say? Personally, I was a little surprised she didn't get a trophy in the final game, TBH, with you all.
2. If Ms. Rhythm was a playable character in Smash, would she be starter, hidden, or DLC?
3. If you could think of a voice actress for Ms. Rhythm, who would it be? Also, what would she sound like?

Top Bottom