• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhode Island smash players?

Xtianosity

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xtianosity
Hey. I am looking for a good group of people that play smash. I already have a crew of four people the play but we would love to play with others in the area. So anyone else live in Rhode Island that play Sm4sh or any other Smash game?

J Lamar

Smash Rookie
Hey. I am looking for a good group of people that play smash. I already have a crew of four people the play but we would love to play with others in the area. So anyone else live in Rhode Island that play Sm4sh or any other Smash game?
yup I play. Where in RI are you from?

Yung Butters

Smash Rookie
NNID
KelaxBro
Hey I'm from lil ol' Rhode Island as well I live in the Providence area we should play some games ^_^

Last edited:

wintergarrett

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm from Rhode Island and I really want to get into the competitive scene after the release of smash 4. It would be great to have access to more people and play styles to practice with outside of a couple of my friends who are into smash 4 and whatever people I play in For Glory.

I play a really solid Rosalina and Luma, I have already put over 250 hours in as Rosalina since I decided to main her on day 1 of smash 3ds release and have been practicing her like crazy and watching or reading any Rosie guides I find ever since.
I'm working on my Robin and zss as secondaries but they are nowhere near the level of my Rosalina
I also like to play Lucina, Falcon, Samus, and Toon link but i don't play them quite well enough to constitute full out maining them.

I have a friend who is around on the same skill level as me and he has been maining sheik and Diddy
(it's not because of tiers he liked how the characters played before he looked at any tiers) since the month of the smash 3DS release although he can play most of the cast pretty well.
I think his current secondaries are pika, Ness (he would prefer Lucas), Yoshi, and a bit of Marth.

We both live 15 or 20 min from URI

Last edited:

ConcertofMadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heavy_Reign
Hey everyone, I'm from Rhode Island and I really want to get into the competitive scene after the release of smash 4. It would be great to have access to more people and play styles to practice with outside of a couple of my friends who are into smash 4 and whatever people I play in For Glory.

I play a really solid Rosalina and Luma, I have already put over 250 hours in as Rosalina since I decided to main her on day 1 of smash 3ds release and have been practicing her like crazy and watching or reading any Rosie guides I find ever since.
I'm working on my Robin and zss as secondaries but they are nowhere near the level of my Rosalina
I also like to play Lucina, Falcon, Samus, and Toon link but i don't play them quite well enough to constitute full out maining them.

I have a friend who is around on the same skill level as me and he has been maining sheik and Diddy
(it's not because of tiers he liked how the characters played before he looked at any tiers) since the month of the smash 3DS release although he can play most of the cast pretty well.
I think his current secondaries are pika, Ness (he would prefer Lucas), Yoshi, and a bit of Marth.

We both live 15 or 20 min from URI

Cool man I'm doing BMED at URI what about you?

Pinksquids

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I also live in Rhode Island! (What a coincidence) Anywho, I go the Met and live near Atwells, which I guess in Providence. I would love to play sometime with you all!

Skiddo

Smash Rookie
am smash player residing in East Providence atm. main ivy/game and watch project m, marth/jigglypuff in melee, didnt play brawl much, and in sm4sh for 3ds i play jigglypuff/game and watch/ and im trying to learn luigi.

wintergarrett

Smash Rookie
Cool man I'm doing BMED at URI what about you?
I'm not going to URI yet but I'm going start going to URI next year (already got accepted) the major I'm currently planning to go for is biotechnology although I'm also interested in chemical engineering. I have a couple friends who are freshmen in URI's school of engineering this year too.

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know about Havenshine Gaming, which is currently New England's top group for Smash 4 tournament attendance. Every Sunday there are singles and doubles brackets during the afternoons/evenings, and most Saturdays have events as well, where the headcounts for tournies usually breaks 30 and has been growing steadily. We'd love to see the venue get some new players so that we can grow what is already one of the largest communities in the area.

Someone mentioned an event that was at their venue, which is 805 Broadway, Pawtucket RI. It's at a chinese restaurant called Super Dragon, in the basement.

Our tournies are regularly attended by top players such as Bloodcross, Fatal, Koolaid, and others. Reigning champ KC wins almost every tournament there, as Sonic. It's a pretty great time, I'd love to see some of you there!

wintergarrett

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know about Havenshine Gaming, which is currently New England's top group for Smash 4 tournament attendance. Every Sunday there are singles and doubles brackets during the afternoons/evenings, and most Saturdays have events as well, where the headcounts for tournies usually breaks 30 and has been growing steadily. We'd love to see the venue get some new players so that we can grow what is already one of the largest communities in the area.

Someone mentioned an event that was at their venue, which is 805 Broadway, Pawtucket RI. It's at a chinese restaurant called Super Dragon, in the basement.

Our tournies are regularly attended by top players such as Bloodcross, Fatal, Koolaid, and others. Reigning champ KC wins almost every tournament there, as Sonic. It's a pretty great time, I'd love to see some of you there!
I'm definitely interested

Cann

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-7215-3806
My buddy and I are looking to attend the Pawtucket events for Melee or PM in a couple weeks, depending on when he gets that day off. I'd be down for some dolphin netplay even if I don't have an adapter yet (been making do with practicing with a PS3 controller).

multiplexxx

Smash Rookie
Im from Rhode Island and I know about 30 people who play smash! We actually do tournaments in Woonsocket, Im from Providence theres even a spot in providence where they play smash as well and take it very seriously.

Raimiel

Smash Rookie
I'm providence Rhode Island too looking for 3DS smash players to compete with let me know if anything! Plz

BasedAchilles

Smash Rookie
I will be at Bryant University next Saturday and will be looking for somebody to play any Smash with.

Rhodechill

Smash Rookie
I'm from East Providence Rhode Island! I'd love to do tourneys. I specialize in just the Wii U version. I main TinkNess

bloktorok

Smash Rookie
I live in Barrington, i´m still not superb with a lot of tech yet because i got melee recently but i´d love to play

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I live in richmond, and I'd be willing to go pretty far north for a good melee training buddy :)

TuukkaTime

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaLesPaul
I live in richmond, and I'd be willing to go pretty far north for a good melee training buddy :)
Hey! I'm not a RI dude but I live right on the RI boarder in southeastern CT. If you're ever down to play some Melee hit me up dawg.

Top Bottom