• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Smash Rookie
Hm. I did good for my 1st tourney. Had some GGs there. I will most likely come to the next.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Thank you everyone who came! This tournament was seriously fun. It could not have happened with you all.

Full results / payouts / shoutouts later, preliminary Bracket / results!

doubles

1- pax / broly
2- vickey / shlike
3- Vorguen / Fro
4- Magik / Andilex
5- Vash / Cloud
5- Derk / Bombchu
Okay you see the middle of the bracket?

That is the first round, then people who win advance to their second round towards the right, the people who lose advance to their second round towards their left (loser's bracket). Eventually you are left with two people (the winner of winner's bracket and the winner of loser's bracket) which face in the grand finals, in order to win, the Loser's final winner has to win twice, and the winner's final just once.

I hope that got it about right haha.

Also, people who lose on the right (winner's) bracket get put farther in the loser's bracket if they lose if they have already advanced several matches.

Did that help? :)

And to the Fox player (Aaron), you did RIDICULOUSLY good, no joke. You got 5th on one of our tournaments, you actually made a dollar bro! LOL, so next time you come 1$ discount off your entry.

Good job, you pulled an A-burt lol.

ALP

Smash Rookie
And to the Fox player (Aaron), you did RIDICULOUSLY good, no joke. You got 5th on one of our tournaments, you actually made a dollar bro! LOL, so next time you come 1$ discount off your entry.
Good job, you pulled an A-burt lol.
Okay then. I will be sure to come to the next in that case. >.> Thanks dude.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Hm. I did good for my 1st tourney. Had some GGs there. I will most likely come to the next.
i shouldnt have allowed you to cp me to mansion seeing as how its a banned stage. but whatever gg's i was playing like sheeet yest lol.

next time i hope the room is freezing cause i actually came home with a runny nose. sometimes i couldnt even feel my fingers when i was playing.

ALP

Smash Rookie
Lol fail. Didn't know that. I am guessing this is Derek? You were the only one to complain about it. XD 2 others didn't say anything about it. >.>

ALP

Smash Rookie
Yep. It was way toooo cold for me. :( Hands were freezing. I do better online though. GGs anywayz. I will look at the CP list next time. XD

ALP

Smash Rookie
Yeah, she was tired. XD I would be too if I were her.

I use this site.("This," is a hyperlink. Click on it.) It used to be real active. Now it is starting to get really inactive. Up to 80 or 90 People get on now and days. >.> Some of our top brawlers also got inactive too. So I might just stay here for my brawl tournament things. <.<

roninwarrior24

Smash Rookie
Kinda late, but whatever. GGs to everyone, even though I didn't really play much. I kinda just went to watch and get ***** by Magik in TVC lol(were you just trolling us with Lightan, or do you actually use him?). I really like that game, though I have a feeling it will end up going the way of the Blazblue down here.

About the tourney:

Marth/Falcon 2v2 dittos were hype. Actually, any match with Falcon is hype.
Fro was playing really solid in 2v2 (Team Mel Gibz lol).
Too bad crew battles didn't happen (or did I miss it).
That Fox guy is REALLY good for a "new" guy. Reminds me of that pad Zangief player that almost beat Luiz in that one SFIV tourney a long time ago (and beat Fro the following week...).

Well, I don't think I'll be doing much until SSFIV hits, and that's if that game takes off down here...

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
obv. the kid asked about a whale bigger than the blue whale :facepalm:
kid? isnt esca like 20 years old?

Okay then. I will be sure to come to the next in that case. >.> Thanks dude.
Dang i want to play you! ke hueva ke no pude ir. MONEY MATCH!

i shouldnt have allowed you to cp me to mansion seeing as how its a banned stage. but whatever gg's i was playing like sheeet yest lol.

next time i hope the room is freezing cause i actually came home with a runny nose. sometimes i couldnt even feel my fingers when i was playing.
IS DERK JHONNING?!?!?!?

paco27291

Smash Rookie
thanks magik for that even though i have dont have a ps3 it is very nice of u, and yes friday vash and i will have our MM to see wut happens, it shall be a melee fest at brolys house

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
lol pax is a capitalist. i say its healthier for the crew to have top 6 pay out. it gives people something to shoot for instead of just saying "im gonna lose anyway."

top 6 is better

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Kinda late, but whatever. GGs to everyone, even though I didn't really play much. I kinda just went to watch and get ***** by Magik in TVC lol(were you just trolling us with Lightan, or do you actually use him?). I really like that game, though I have a feeling it will end up going the way of the Blazblue down here.

About the tourney:

Marth/Falcon 2v2 dittos were hype. Actually, any match with Falcon is hype.
Fro was playing really solid in 2v2 (Team Mel Gibz lol).
Too bad crew battles didn't happen (or did I miss it).
That Fox guy is REALLY good for a "new" guy. Reminds me of that pad Zangief player that almost beat Luiz in that one SFIV tourney a long time ago (and beat Fro the following week...).

Well, I don't think I'll be doing much until SSFIV hits, and that's if that game takes off down here...
Crew battles did happen!

It went like this

Winning team

Papi: 4 stocks (3 off Andilex, 1 off Vorguen)
Broly: 3 stocks (2 off Vorguen, 1 off Shlike)
Vash: 2 stocks (2 off Shlike)
Pax: 3 stocks (3 off Magik)

Magik vs Pax was the last one, it went to last hit high% on Rainbow Cruise, pax's MK vs magik's Diddy. Very close.

Losing team

Andilex: 1 stock (1 off Papi)
Vorguen: 4 stocks (2 off Papi, 2 off Broly)
Shlike: 3 stocks (1 off Broly, 2 off Vash)
Magik 3 stocks (1 off Vash, 2 off Pax)

Ke Hueva!!!!!!!!! Piolin Time!!!!!!!!!
DUDE piolin ASAP

the whole top 6 payout was cheap!! i say top 4 payout, i could have worked and gotten way more money :(

im particularly sad i didnt go to bf8 because there was top 6 payout. whe theres top 4 payout the scrubbier people get overwhelmed with helplessnes. it would be alot more fun if it was top 6.

Haha 5th place got 1 dollar Pax, you'll be fine :p

Full Results:

1- Pax (MK)(25$)
2- Vorguen (Snake)(15$)
3- Magik (Everything in the character selection screen)(7$)
4- Andilex (Diddy)(3$)
5- Shlike (ZSS)(1$)
5- Aaron (Fox)(1$)
7- Bombchu (Wolf / Bowser)
8- Cast (MK)
9- Derk (Pika)
9- Baron (DK)
9- Aurice (Diddy)
9- Sama (Pika)

Doubles

1- Miguel y Francisco (Pax / Broly) = MK / Marth = 15$ each
2- Team Rage (Vickey / Shlike) = MK / ZSS = 7$ each
3- Team Mel Gibz (Vorguen / Fro) = Snake / Lucario = 4$ each
4- Team Magik's Bananas = Andilex / Magik = Diddy / Diddy & MK & DK
5- Team "It's okay as long as you don't grab my junk" = Derk / Bombchu
5- Team Goofy and Donald = Vash / Cloud

paco27291

Smash Rookie
lol pax is a capitalist. i say its healthier for the crew to have top 6 pay out. it gives people something to shoot for instead of just saying "im gonna lose anyway."

top 6 is better
so ur gonna try and get 5th or 6th for a $1 or wut? dude ill pay u that dollar out of sympathy, top 6 is loser **** unless it was with mlg and they would give out like $100 for 5th

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Hobo 23rd is this saturday, who is interested in going

itll be the last tournament i can travel upstate with you guys for a while

also im ganna beat jwong at TvC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom