• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
PT should be mid tier.

i really wish they would allow the hack in tournies to were you can play as one pokemon and stamina doesnt affect them.

then people will realize squirtles TRUE potential :D

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I thought the stamina thing was BS, apparently it is true. IMO Pokemon Trainer would be much better if they didn't have stamina problems and they didn't rotate.

But Squirtle really isn't much better than Mario, he's very similiar, except Mario has a reflector and spike.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Didnt i argue that with you before? If not it was someone else >_>

squirtle can chain grab, and is faster, and easier to mindgame with.Has fast attackts ( 1 and 2 frames) He is also like jiggs with the aerials

squirtle>mario

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I don't think so.

I think Mario is greater than or equal to Squirtle.

Squirtle gets gimped easier, because Mario can cape stall. Mario can gimp easier, because he can cape recoveries.

Squirtle may be a bit faster, but Mario has many pluses.

Mario can camp, he has a projectile (which he can use to help with approaches and/or force approaches)

This puts him at an advantage that Squirtle doesn't have versus characters like Donkey and stuff that are slow and lack projectiles.

He can combo just as well as Squirtle, so that is not much of a big split.

Squirtle has a bit better ground game, hardly anything though, because Mario's is superb too. Squirtle and Mario both lack KO power, but Mario has better smashes. Squirtle does have the deadly D-throw though, so for KO I'd say even or very slightly in Mario's favor.

I think they are virtually the same, the only thing that makes Mario out-shine is his reflector and projectile. The spike helps, but not significantly. Squirtle's B-air and F-air basically = Mario's B-air.

Prove me wrong.

Magik:

Why is Squirtle bad? I sometimes feel he is the best out of the three, although I have started noticing Charizard's potential.

I feel Ivysaur is the worse, Squirtle has good combos on some fat characters, lol.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Squirtle uses alot fo quick moves rapidly,
in the stamina system every time you do an attack 1 second is shaved off so squirtle gets fatigued very quickly when hes fatigued it probably adds an extra 40-50 percent more in order for the opponent to be in KO range.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I know, that was debate hall right there ;)

i think in the temple of ancients. I been slacking from playing it lately cuz of other games so i cant remember right now

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Squirtle uses alot fo quick moves rapidly,
in the stamina system every time you do an attack 1 second is shaved off so squirtle gets fatigued very quickly when hes fatigued it probably adds an extra 40-50 percent more in order for the opponent to be in KO range.
Couldn't you camp with Ivysaur while your other Pokemon refresh?

I know, that was debate hall right there ;)

i think in the temple of ancients. I been slacking from playing it lately cuz of other games so i cant remember right now
Yeah, I am going to be playing it again soon. However I do have a lot of games in my upcoming roster, including Twilight Princesses, Windwaker, Dirge of Cerberus, FF8, FF4, Original Zelda, Pokemon Blue, Chrono Cross, Super Mario RPG, etc.

lol

FAX

Smash Rookie
Pokemon Trainer is fun to use. I just wish I could stay as Charizard the whole time. I can't get a good hold of Squirtle. It's too freaking fast for me and it's about as resilient a a wet tissue paper.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
getting a switch off is hard but that is usually what i do, i mainly use squirlte solely for his dthrow to either KO or switch
Yeah I noticed that in Brawlfest 1. lol

Also your SH rock smash approaches haha.

Screw that. Play Platinum with me.
I don't even know any Pokemon past Gold version.... >.<

10$ says u dont complete that list of games
I will, and I have completed most of them already, some of them I am replaying.

Pokemon Trainer is fun to use. I just wish I could stay as Charizard the whole time. I can't get a good hold of Squirtle. It's too freaking fast for me and it's about as resilient a a wet tissue paper.
It's okay, you have your Meta Knight. =p

FAX

Smash Rookie
Fax MM in platinum?
With my lv20s and a lv4 derp HM slave? lol
I have a team in Diamond, but I forgot what I had since it's been months.
I'm too poor and cowardly to be throwing money on Pokemon matches.

I don't even know any Pokemon past Gold version.... >.<
That's perfect, I skipped ruby/sapphire too.

It's okay, you have your Meta Knight. =p
I really want to get better with Toon Link. I feel dirty using Meta Knight.

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
Yesterday was fun. We should have another get together on Thursday or Friday or both even before the tournament. Also next time I'll bring my Wii so we can switch between games and stuff I guess.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I will only be playing Brawl considering my lack of interest for Melee and the upcoming tourney. Yeah for those who don't know four of us got together last night, and hopefully we can do it again soon.

Fax, you should just go to Thomas' house and practice on your own when you can then, even if it isn't a get-together.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I second the N64 tournament.
Everyone use Pikachu. Just spam thunder.

GAME SET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom