• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

D

Deleted member

This ErenJaguar dude keeps coming into other character threads just to **** on them as they are apparently just a troll and trying to start stuff so let's just report and move on. Trolling is dumb and not fun but hey don't give them any attention as that's what they want. Move on and report.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'll just reiterate what I said on the Isaac thread
Guys don't worry about the troll. A character being popularly requested unfortunately comes with the downside of others whom don't want said character to bring down their fanbase. He just wants to irritate us and get a reaction, not worth our time tbh

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
To the Lora/Jin Situation: I thought of something similiar to the belmont situation where moves of both echos are combined into one moveset.

You can imagine including kicks into Rex movement and for grabs you most likely will use his Anchor Shot which in Loras case would be a whip lasso move. For the normal attacks either you make Rex sword slashed really fast so they have two dimensionally spoken the same hitbox as whip slashes or Lora could also get a sword.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To the Lora/Jin Situation: I thought of something similiar to the belmont situation where moves of both echos are combined into one moveset.

You can imagine including kicks into Rex movement and for grabs you most likely will use his Anchor Shot which in Loras case would be a whip lasso move. For the normal attacks either you make Rex sword slashed really fast so they have two dimensionally spoken the same hitbox as whip slashes or Lora could also get a sword.
that is quite a stretch

D

Deleted member

Sorry if I am late to join this thread, hopefully it adds me...

Been playing Xenoblade 2 for the past couple of months during the summer. Got in touch with the characters, and suddenly, I felt like I should lend my hand.

Definitely support. Add me in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry if I am late to join this thread, hopefully it adds me...

Been playing Xenoblade 2 for the past couple of months during the summer. Got in touch with the characters, and suddenly, I felt like I should lend my hand.

Definitely support. Add me in.
youre only late if its after the character gets in

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Rex and Pyra/Mythra has been on several of My Top 10 Wanted lists.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Hero was meant to be a base game character, but music licensing meant it was more convenient to have him be DLC, I think that would explain why Rex wouldn't be able to be a part of the pass. What do you think?

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo characters are coming as dlc after the fighters Pass, Akira Howard and Rex/Pyra are definitely the top contenders :)
I've been lending my support towards Rex and Pyra for Smash Ultimate for quite some time now, but I had never come here :-/

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If Hero was meant to be a base game character, but music licensing meant it was more convenient to have him be DLC, I think that would explain why Rex wouldn't be able to be a part of the pass. What do you think?
well as rex is a nintendo character so its unlikely hed have the same licencing issues as a third party

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If Nintendo characters are coming as dlc after the fighters Pass, Akira Howard and Rex/Pyra are definitely the top contenders :)
I've been lending my support towards Rex and Pyra for Smash Ultimate for quite some time now, but I had never come here :-/
A character from Three Houses is looking more and more likely, too.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
A character from Three Houses is looking more and more likely, too.
Top three most likely first-party characters are definitely Rex & Pyra, Byleth, and Akira Howard. No questions asked. I wonder if they might skip over Rex though since it's been so long. That would be unfortunate.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Top three most likely first-party characters are definitely Rex & Pyra, Byleth, and Akira Howard. No questions asked. I wonder if they might skip over Rex though since it's been so long. That would be unfortunate.
Funny way to spell Rex&Pyra, Edelgard and Akira Howard ...;)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
...Why?

Three Houses is a fantastic game and a big success for Nintendo, so why shouldn't they include a character from it later down the line?
Probably because a lot of the Smash community wants to avoid FE newcomers as much as possible. Remember the last Smash game when they announced Corrin?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Probably because a lot of the Smash community wants to avoid FE newcomers as much as possible. Remember the last Smash game when they announced Corrin?
Yeah, but Corrin was promoting a game that hadn't even released overseas when he/she was revealed. At least TH had a chance to come out and have people warm up to it before throwing a character into Smash.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, but Corrin was promoting a game that hadn't even released overseas when he/she was revealed. At least TH had a chance to come out and have people warm up to it before throwing a character into Smash.
I don't know that user's general thoughts of Fire Emblem, but I do know he absolutely despises one of the most likely candidates of that game. Hint: it's the one who most closely ressembles my current avatar.

That's a white-haired woman in heavy armour in case I change it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don't know that user's general thoughts of Fire Emblem, but I do know he absolutely despises one of the most likely candidates of that game. Hint: it's the one who most closely ressembles my current avatar.

Huh? That's a little confusing.

She's mainly portrayed as an axe wielder, right? That already makes her more unique than the other FE characters in Smash right now. Not to mention, she could also pull some mechanics from her main game with those soldiers I've seen in some battle gameplay. That alone should make her a somewhat interesting blend between Olimar and Ike. Or does he hate her for personality or story reasons?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Well, you can't please everyone as far as the roster is concerned...

I still think Byleth or Edelgard would make a great addition to the game, though.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Huh? That's a little confusing.

She's mainly portrayed as an axe wielder, right? That already makes her more unique than the other FE characters in Smash right now. Not to mention, she could also pull some mechanics from her main game with those soldiers I've seen in some battle gameplay. That alone should make her a somewhat interesting blend between Olimar and Ike. Or does he hate her for personality or story reasons?
It's the latter reasons.

Which confuses me too, because even the people who disagree or don't like her, also don't deny she is well-written, and besides which, getting characters you dislike as people in Smash means you get to use them as punching bags.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It's been four years. Are people still scarred by Corrin's inclusion?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
...Why?

Three Houses is a fantastic game and a big success for Nintendo, so why shouldn't they include a character from it later down the line?
because as much as i enjoyed it i want to avoid edlgard like the plague

also fe has no business out number zelda in terms of characters

Last edited:

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Guys ... this is the thread about Rex&Pyra.... and maybe Mythra. Not about about Edelgard and Fire Emblem. So unless they are revealed in the same trailer ... which would be kind of fitting because this "oh because of this bad world and the things done to me in the past I now must also to evil things" is exactly what Rex is fighting against his whole game... and they both wield weapons that are reall too big for them ..... so having an awesome battle cinematic between our favourite good boy (&Pyra) vs Miss necessary evil and her soldiers with clashing axe&swords would actually be awesome ..... what was I talking about again?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Guys ... this is the thread about Rex&Pyra.... and maybe Mythra.
Wow, harsh~

I just assume Rex and "Aegis" but who knows how Sakurai will do things given a chance. I dearly want Mythra in the mix too tho. Pyra and Mythra compliment each other.

Also, regarding more FE. While certainly not at the top of my list it's easy to say any new FE characters would come from Three Houses. I've been sitting on the game waiting to play it at some point soon after I've gotten to nice stopping points with other games. I know it's character heavy, and I love that, but I wasn't quite ready to do that again after XC2 still felt fresh. Anyways, I've heard a lot about it from friends. Byleth is a likeable avatar character but also just an avatar character. People seem to note Edelgard more than the other house leaders, but takes on her personality seem to be divisive. Few friends just straight up don't like her personality. But Iike was stated earlier, no one's exactly said she's poorly written.. and she would have the opportunity for a unique moveset.

I guess Edelgard is like the Lucina of Three Houses in the respect that she's the most popular non avatar female character, where Byleth is like Robin. I'm not sure I see Edelgard, one of three house leaders, getting in before the main avatar character tho. I imagine with an unknown pool of remaining slots left for DLC, there'd be quite a few people upset if FE took not just one, but two DLC slots as well... not that that would stop Sakurai of course. Any series that managed to get two DLC would upset people most likely tho.. FE just happens to be an easy target with how much representation it has already. Selfishly, I hope xenoblade gets two slots... but I also recognize there's going to be people that would hate that. We're perhaps lucky that because of XC2's mechanics we can talk about getting 3 characters in one, in a sense, and kinda cheat the system.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the way i see it fe vast array of characters comes from a mix of trying to make the fans happy and the entire team playing fates at that time

as for rex it makes sense for him to have pyra and mythra more than him just having one or the other cause the only reason i can think of why he wouldnt have both is if he deliberately kept mythra back to be with addam not something i see them doing for dlc (coming from the guy in charge of the addam thread)

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Just wanted to remind you, soon you wil be able to play as Rex & Pyra in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
Just wanted to remind you, soon you wil be able to play as Rex & Pyra in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!
While i think out of all the characters that could be promoted from spirit to playable Rex is the most likely, he is far from a lock.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
While i think out of all the characters that could be promoted from spirit to playable Rex is the most likely, he is far from a lock.
I feel like the spirit thing doesn't really work for Rex since the fighter spirit for them most likely would be "Rex & Pyra" similar to Banjo & Kazooie and there is no spirit of that--only Rex and Pyra separately. In other words, there is currently no spirit of Rex & Pyra together. I have hopes for Rex & Pyra but it's tough what with the lack of first parties in the DLC thus far and the Mii costume is kinda iffy. The desire to put him in the game was clearly there though.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
the Mii costume is kinda iffy
One thing to keep in mind is that the Mii costume is exclusive to the Fighter's Pass-a pack that will still contain plenty of fighters, stages, songs, and spirit battles that aren't rendered obsolete by a future fighter being included.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
One thing to keep in mind is that the Mii costume is exclusive to the Fighter's Pass-a pack that will still contain plenty of fighters, stages, songs, and spirit battles that aren't rendered obsolete by a future fighter being included.
Yeah that's why I said it's iffy. It is unique in that it's tied to the Fighter's Pass, but it still exists and who knows if Sakurai finds that "good enough". Another knock against Rex and Pyra is that they already have a lot of spirits in the game, so the spirit DLC board would have to do some serious reaching.

I know I probably sound negative, but believe me when I say Rex and Pyra are one of, if not tied for, my most wanted newcomer. I'm just trying to temper my expectations lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
who knows if Sakurai finds that "good enough"
Sakurai didn't think Ness having Lucas-based custom moves or Marth having not one, but two Roy palettes (one being his yellow SSBM alt) was.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Sakurai didn't think Ness having Lucas-based custom moves or Marth having not one, but two Roy palettes (one being his yellow SSBM alt) was.
I don't know if those are comparable... I'm just saying, for example, Goemon got that Mii costume and that's probably all he's getting. Undertale got the Sans costume and Megalovania. So potentially Sakurai sees the Rex costume the same way. He got the Mii costume and the music; XC2 is good to go. That's what my concern is.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah that's why I said it's iffy. It is unique in that it's tied to the Fighter's Pass, but it still exists and who knows if Sakurai finds that "good enough". Another knock against Rex and Pyra is that they already have a lot of spirits in the game, so the spirit DLC board would have to do some serious reaching.

I know I probably sound negative, but believe me when I say Rex and Pyra are one of, if not tied for, my most wanted newcomer. I'm just trying to temper my expectations lol
Are we strictly talking Fighter Pass for inclusion? The fighters after that don't have to be beholden to the same standards.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Are we strictly talking Fighter Pass for inclusion? The fighters after that don't have to be beholden to the same standards.
No I'm talking after the Fighter's Pass. I know it's the "wild west", but I'm still trying to keep things grounded for myself.

Top Bottom