• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Now with the release of Piranha Plant it seems that all DLC Fighters will also get there own Classic Mode. So assuming that Rex got his spot (which I am really really hoping) ... What do you think will his Classic Mode look like?

My Idea:

A Quest for the Aegis

Basically the different fights would be against 2 person teams - representing different driver + blade combos from XC 2.

Jigglypuff + Peach (Tora + Poppy, from their Spirit Battle)
Lucina + Palutena (Morag + Brighid, also from the Single Player Modus)
Mii Boxer + Duck Hunt (Nia + Dromarch, Nia because of the Custom and Duck Hunt ... well there is a one "Dog" in the Roster)
Ike + ZSS (Zeke + Pandoria, Ike because of his Slowness and the Greatsword, ZSS because the Stunner looks like a Electro Attack)
Sheik + Chrom (Lora + Jin, Sheik because the Side B looks like her weapon a bit and Chrom .... because I am runnin out of Sword Wielders)
Ganondorf (Malos)
Ganon (Malos in his Mech)

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Now with the release of Piranha Plant it seems that all DLC Fighters will also get there own Classic Mode. So assuming that Rex got his spot (which I am really really hoping) ... What do you think will his Classic Mode look like?

My Idea:

A Quest for the Aegis

Basically the different fights would be against 2 person teams - representing different driver + blade combos from XC 2.

Mii Boxer + Duck Hunt (Nia + Dromarch, Nia because of the Custom and Duck Hunt ... well there is a one "Dog" in the Roster)
Ike + ZSS (Zeke + Pandoria, Ike because of his Slowness and the Greatsword, ZSS because the Stunner looks like a Electro Attack)
Sheik + Chrom (Lora + Jin, Sheik because the Side B looks like her weapon a bit and Chrom .... because I am runnin out of Sword Wielders)
Ganondorf (Malos)
I think Jin would more likely be Meta Knight instead of Chrom, they also could add Palutena as Haze.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes Cloud .... didnt think about him. But I agree that he sells the fantasy of Jin bettert than Chrom. But I think Ganondorf is better for Malos because of all that evil (and purple magic) theme.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

My Idea:

A Quest for the Aegis

Ganondorf (Malos)
Interesting, but you do realize they have drive blade combos from the spirit battles right?

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Really? I have only seen Rex, Pyra, Mythra, Tora and Morag had Spirit Battles in SSBU.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Well yes I know that - it is also included in the list - I just didnt know that Zeke + Pandoria also had their Spirit Battle as Cloud + Bayonetta. (And Nia + Dromarch as Mii Brawler + Incineroar.) But I still think that ZSS is better way to represent Pandoria because of the Electro Element. But will probably change Zeke to Cloud and Jin to Ike.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Been a while...

Here's something to tide us over, for all those that want more XC2 content and have probably beaten the game etc.. cuz some spoilery stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/v4FMj2p

These are some pictures/scans taken from the art book I referenced in this thread a while back.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Been a while...

Here's something to tide us over, for all those that want more XC2 content and have probably beaten the game etc.. cuz some spoilery stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/v4FMj2p

These are some pictures/scans taken from the art book I referenced in this thread a while back.
Imagine if they used the full anthro fox approach with Dahlia, people would had hated her design much less.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Imagine if they used the full anthro fox approach with Dahlia, people would had hated her design much less.
Nah, people will still bash her because "Eeeeewww furries".

Then again, that's all Xenoblade 2 detractors in a nutshell. I try to ignore them really, but they are always loud.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dahlia is an optional Rare blade that you can easily ignore. She is no deal breaker at all.

Want a better healing Blade? Get Floren or
Nia
instead.

The whole controversy was overblown anyway and I am glad it died.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Design aside, Dahlia wasn't a bad character. I didn't use her much, possibly my least used character in battle, but I enjoyed her blade quests as I did every blade's quest. All the game did for the characters that you could call "bad" was leave me wanting more, heh.

There were some alt Dahlia designs I think I'd have preferred but not necessarily the furrier ones. We already got Nim and while she didn't get hate like Dahlia, people didn't really care for her look tbh for the most part. It was pretty awkward admittedly, but not kinda "aggressive" like Dahlia, lol.

Nim was pretty okay battle wise tho so I used her quite a bit. She was probably the best knuckle claw rare blade for me after Ursula's gimmick started having diminishing returns. Feel like she kinda got used less too towards the end but I can't remember for what. I think the combo of Fiora and Crossette, (the latter doing what Nim was known for but arguably better), plus wanting KOS-MOS on Nia as well kinda pushed Nim out. I really liked just having Nia hold her own as the lead in non story late game in particular.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Design aside, Dahlia wasn't a bad character. I didn't use her much, possibly my least used character in battle, but I enjoyed her blade quests as I did every blade's quest. All the game did for the characters that you could call "bad" was leave me wanting more, heh.
I agree on her character. For me, the best aspect of her is her maternal side. That part is really heartwarming to me. From her interactions with Estelle to Nia's remark on how she was 'so good with kids', that sweet side of her just put a big smile on my face. I personally used her a lot because of the insane damage output that she can take part in with Chain Attacks for being a healer. I mean, c'mon! Her Battle Skill, 'Spotlight', is absolutely devastating with the right build!

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I just started Xenoblade 2, and already I think Rex might be my most wanted non-deconfirmed (lol rip Issac) character. I really, really would love him in, and tbh considering how big of a series Xenoblade has started to become it honestly feels a bit odd to me to just have the OG Shulk. (I'd also be down for Elma but considerably less so)

Its gonna be a real shame if Rex is just a weird Mii costume.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone here play Iconoclasts? That game's story and setting has a lot of similarities to Xenoblade 2 when you think about it...

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
So I'm not trying to bring any hope to us Rex fans when I say this, but while digging for some information about Xenoblade I stumbled upon this tweet made by Skye Bennett.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 10.03.11 AM.png

The tweet shows nothing out of the ordinary but one of the replies she made was what interested me.
Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 10.03.30 AM.png

She is working for a job and then stumbled across Pyra and Mythra figurines. What are the chances that she would find these figures on a job unless it was related to Nintendo. This could mean many things, such as a new Xenoblade project, Nintendo Commercial(Like she has been in before), or the possibility of Smash.

Once again I don't mean to bring anyones hopes up, but it was an interesting find nonetheless.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I'm not trying to bring any hope to us Rex fans when I say this, but while digging for some information about Xenoblade I stumbled upon this tweet made by Skye Bennett.

View attachment 206146
The tweet shows nothing out of the ordinary but one of the replies she made was what interested me.
View attachment 206147
She is working for a job and then stumbled across Pyra and Mythra figurines. What are the chances that she would find these figures on a job unless it was related to Nintendo. This could mean many things, such as a new Xenoblade project, Nintendo Commercial(Like she has been in before), or the possibility of Smash.

Once again I don't mean to bring anyones hopes up, but it was an interesting find nonetheless.
Honestly, I'm more surprised Mythra wears underwear at all...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Seemingly her twitter feed implies that she was as the SCS offices that day. They tweeted about her visiting the day after her tweet, and if you look in the original pictures ThreeT ThreeT posted you can see the SCS logo in the window.

My guess. They knew she was coming and someone brought those in the office so she could see them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Seemingly her twitter feed implies that she was as the SCS offices that day. They tweeted about her visiting the day after her tweet, and if you look in the original pictures ThreeT ThreeT posted you can see the SCS logo in the window.

My guess. They knew she was coming and someone brought those in the office so she could see them.
scs?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know the way that joker chap's mechanic works could be the sort of thing thatd work for rex, the way his thing follows him around and is unable to take damage that could work for pyra/mythra

edit: oops double post sorry

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

View attachment 206146
View attachment 206147

Well seeing that voice acting can be a very harsh field to find a stable job in, it would not surprise me that Sky Bennet made her breakthrough role with Pyra/Mythra and Nintendo wants to work with her for other games like Fire Emblem for example.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll just leave this here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah, it seems someone is taking the liberty to campaign for Rex while things are still hot. Good move on him. Feel free to give it a follow too.

you know the way that joker chap's mechanic works could be the sort of thing thatd work for rex, the way his thing follows him around and is unable to take damage that could work for pyra/mythra

That's a great idea actually. Making the Balde unharmable sounds about right, and in the sense, she would still follow him around with the ether cord connecting thing (which only disconnects when he is knocked back too far). Joker is a blessing in disguise and shows us just how they can work.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's a great idea actually. Making the Balde unharmable sounds about right, and in the sense, she would still follow him around with the ether cord connecting thing (which only disconnects when he is knocked back too far). Joker is a blessing in disguise and shows us just how they can work.
in that sense he was, its certainly something you would hope theyd consider

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

I feel like if you go this route you end up just turning Rex into another swordfighter with some kind of meter mechanic, though. That's so boring, you might as well just use the Mii costume at that point. The entire Persona mechanic being reduced into a "you're strong for 20 seconds" buff is lame as hell, dumbing down the eponymous Xenoblade into the same thing would be a let-down after Monado Arts.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I feel like if you go this route you end up just turning Rex into another swordfighter with some kind of meter mechanic, though. That's so boring, you might as well just use the Mii costume at that point. The entire Persona mechanic being reduced into a "you're strong for 20 seconds" buff is lame as hell, dumbing down the eponymous Xenoblade into the same thing would be a let-down after Monado Arts.
to be fair i never said anything about a meter mechanic, just the way that vampire clown thing or whatever it is follows joker around and is unable to take damage is the sort of thing that would make sense for blades as that is somewhat similar to how they work in xc2 follow you around unable to take damage

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Have any of you seen the custom stage where you fight on Pyra's ****? I saw that as a thumbnail on my YT recommendations.
That's Alpharad's "Stage Builder was a mistake" video, right? I've seen that one around, too, but haven't watched it yet.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yup, that's correct.
Ah, I was going to edit my earlier post to include an embed of the video now, since I didn't have time to do so when I was initially writing it, but since my post has been replied to, I might as well stick the video in a new post.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm getting back into Xenoblade 2 (I'm not sure what point I should be at before I get the DLC), but I'm having trouble with getting through the Gormott area. (In particular, I'm trying to get to the rear of the area to reach Umon's shipyard) It's frustrating when I'm fighting a level 10 enemy and the game suddenly decides "hey, I'm gonna throw this level 91 post-game super-boss at you. Good luck!"

It seems like, if I stray off of the specific path that the game expects me to travel (a path that I'm never informed of, as following the compass leads me to areas filled with enemies far above my level), I'm hit with enemies that are twice my level or higher, and this is only the first area. I haven't played Xenoblade X, but at least in Xenoblade 1, the level 70 or 90 enemies stood still and only attacked if you came to them.

If anyone has early game advice, that would be great. Also, I have 11 Legendary Core Crystals - I think it was from kind of My Nintendo thing. Should I use those now, or wait until I have more party members? (I only have Rex, Nia, and Tora at the moment, and Tora can't use Core Crystals)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm getting back into Xenoblade 2 (I'm not sure what point I should be at before I get the DLC), but I'm having trouble with getting through the Gormott area. (In particular, I'm trying to get to the rear of the area to reach Umon's shipyard) It's frustrating when I'm fighting a level 10 enemy and the game suddenly decides "hey, I'm gonna throw this level 91 post-game super-boss at you. Good luck!"

It seems like, if I stray off of the specific path that the game expects me to travel (a path that I'm never informed of, as following the compass leads me to areas filled with enemies far above my level), I'm hit with enemies that are twice my level or higher, and this is only the first area. I haven't played Xenoblade X, but at least in Xenoblade 1, the level 70 or 90 enemies stood still and only attacked if you came to them.

If anyone has early game advice, that would be great. Also, I have 11 Legendary Core Crystals - I think it was from kind of My Nintendo thing. Should I use those now, or wait until I have more party members? (I only have Rex, Nia, and Tora at the moment, and Tora can't use Core Crystals)
Are the enemies just randomly attacking you? I think there's a way to turn that off in the Pause menu. The option doesn't work on Unique Monsters, though, just normal enemies.

Top Bottom