• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
To comment on the Shulk stuff, there's literally such a big disconnect between male fanservice rules and femal famservice rules its not even funny. Shulk's outfit is skimpy af but nobody seems to care, yet Mythra's boobs exist and everyone ****ing loses their minds. Why do people hate on fanservice anyways? What's the issue with seeing cute girls and boys doing badass ****? I don't get it.
You're right about that.

Though personally I don't care for fan service much and I just want the characters to be portrayed correctly and accurately, even as spirits. Though I do agree there's a disconnect as you said, it's all fine and dandy for people to like Shulk's mostly bare body in a sexual sort of way, but when it comes to a female character like Mythra who shows less skin but just happens to have breasts, if someone likes her for her body it's suddenly bad and ridiculed by a certain group of people? Not wanting to get political but it does say something when people are fine with staring a male characters with tons of lust but when someone does it for a female character a decent sized group says it's "bad".

Also apparently Camilla from FE also got censored to cover up her breasts, but this ain't a FE thread but it is relevant to the problem.

Nonetheless, I believe these censorships need to go to portray the characters as accurately as they can. Especially considering there are those that are more guilty than Mythra.

Edit: That being said I'd appreciate it if everyone could spread the word of this around :

https://twitter.com/smasherfan88/status/1066883386730573824?s=21

As I said, if someone can get Mr. G&W get something of his censored, we can work on getting something uncensored with a big enough voice, reasoning, and the spreading of knowledge to the community like that Game and Watch censorship did we can do this.

#UncensorSpirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're right about that.

Though personally I don't care for fan service much and I just want the characters to be portrayed correctly and accurately, even as spirits. Though I do agree there's a disconnect as you said, it's all fine and dandy for people to like Shulk's mostly bare body in a sexual sort of way, but when it comes to a female character like Mythra who shows less skin but just happens to have breasts, if someone likes her for her body it's suddenly bad and ridiculed by a certain group of people? Not wanting to get political but it does say something when people are fine with staring a male characters with tons of lust but when someone does it for a female character a decent sized group says it's "bad".

Also apparently Camilla from FE also got censored to cover up her breasts, but this ain't a FE thread but it is relevant to the problem.

Nonetheless, I believe these censorships need to go to portray the characters as accurately as they can. Especially considering there are those that are more guilty than Mythra.

Edit: That being said I'd appreciate it if everyone could spread the word of this around :

https://twitter.com/smasherfan88/status/1066883386730573824?s=21

As I said, if someone can get Mr. G&W get something of his censored, we can work on getting something uncensored with a big enough voice, reasoning, and the spreading of knowledge to the community like that Game and Watch censorship did we can do this.

#UncensorSpirits.
I'm a (gay-leaning) bi dude and I have firsthand experience with this. I say "damn Richter looks sexy as hell" and I get laughs and people agree with me. If I say "wow Samus is hot" people look at me weird or say that I'm disgusting for objectifying women or whatever. It's dumb.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I'm a (gay-leaning) bi dude and I have firsthand experience with this. I say "damn Richter looks sexy as hell" and I get laughs and people agree with me. If I say "wow Samus is hot" people look at me weird or say that I'm disgusting for objectifying women or whatever. It's dumb.
Oof, that alone really shows that and honestly I'm betting that stigma wouldn't exist if males also got actively censored like females (which I believe Male Corrin is the only one in the game to be censored actually since I believe official art shows his and female Corrin's thighs) or females in gaming never got censored in the first place.

Also I'm willing to bet those that said that towards you with Samus are guilty of doing the same thing as she was one of gaming firs heroines and because of that... well, I'm quite sure a simple google search of Samus Aran already shows thousands upon thousands of seductive and lewd fan art of her with even more people liking, commenting, etc. etc. on it.

D

Deleted member

Oof, that alone really shows that and honestly I'm betting that stigma wouldn't exist if males also got actively censored like females (which I believe Male Corrin is the only one in the game to be censored actually since I believe official art shows his and female Corrin's thighs) or females in gaming never got censored in the first place.

Also I'm willing to bet those that said that towards you with Samus are guilty of doing the same thing as she was one of gaming firs heroines and because of that... well, I'm quite sure a simple google search of Samus Aran already shows thousands upon thousands of seductive and lewd fan art of her with even more people liking, commenting, etc. etc. on it.
People just feel the need to sexually repress everyone tbh. I mean like don't run around naked or w/e or watch hentai in front of kids, but don't trash on **** or force people to censor it because it's sexually attractive. It's stupid. See, the cool thing about video games, movies, books, etc is that if you don't like something you don't have to buy it. Don't ruin it for everyone else because you're extra sensitive.

D

Deleted member

Mfw there are no XCX songs, only 3 XC2 songs with no Counterattack, and Mythra was heavily censored for literally no reason and the censoring doesn't even look good it looks sloppy af

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I mean, Carbon Mythra proves she can look good in black and I wouldn't mind seeing this "censored" version done officially, even if just as joke. But yeah it is kind of obvious they took a black marker to her here, you can even see it on the other black parts of her outfit for some reason.

Still, it won't bother me. This version still looks good and attractive and only really falls apart at the seams, which won't be a problem in the game with the no doubt smaller image. Not really one to get into a tizzy over principles, sorry to say.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Wonder if this isn't the case in the Japanese version, heh.

One thing I've not seen mentioned though is the potential for this kind of censorship influencing Mythra's appearance in or even chances at being DLC. Not to raise alarms, but it's a new thing to consider I guess. Although, I suppose DLC usually stands aside from the in the box ESRB, so maybe it means nothing. Though, there's also that chance she'll be looking this way as a character model. And maybe even Pyra would get more censor consideration as a full model as well. I don't think appearance alone would hold them back, and I think Sakurai could tastefully modify game models if he had to and they were included. Still, raises a bit of a question mark. I don't think it really will effect their chances tho... just the chance that if they're eventually added, some people might be angered by censorship.

Also, I think I like the idea of a lighter grey leggings rather than that black, kinda mirroring the pneuma look in places. How a png looks doesn't bother me really. If they get a full model, I'd bet on more creative censorship that'll be more palatable most likely, if they're forced to censor at all for DLC.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
When your friends start attacking you due to not agreeing with the Mythra censorship

They said they liked the censored one better, and that's fine and that's their opinion, but when you just get attacked for thinking she should've stayed loyal to her actual appearance it's a bit much.

Honestly though, I will say my feelings on the matter also stem from when those SJWs kept on bothering people and Nintendo saying they /need/ to censor Pyra and Mythra before Nintendo said they won't censor them.

Now it feels like they've gone back on that and sank into the desires of those SJWs... it just really pisses me off thinking that they got a last laugh and technically won for their desire of censorship of Mythra at the very least.

Though funnily enough I will say one of my friends isn't pissed off about the leggings but rather the breast window is gone and it makes her look like she's wearing some crappy sweater.

I'm just gonna let these emotions of frustration sink in though.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I wonder this as well, since IIRC Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Smash Ultimate have the same rating in both Japan and Europe, so I don't know if that censorship is also in those versions.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd say it's more likely the modifcation was made for the Japanese version, actually. CERO in Japan is apparently really strict, they forced the Smash team to modify several trophies in Smash 4 to be less risque (Wonder Pink for instance). Xenoblade 2 was CERO C while Smash Bros Ultimate is CERO A. Here.

They most likely want Smash to be marketable to the widest possible audience because otherwise you couldn't have it on shows aimed at kids. In any case it really isn't anything worth getting upset at. The alternative is just cutting the Spirit entirely, and it doesn't affect anything in Xenoblade 2.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'd say it's more likely the modifcation was made for the Japanese version, actually. CERO in Japan is apparently really strict, they forced the Smash team to modify several trophies in Smash 4 to be less risque (Wonder Pink for instance). Xenoblade 2 was CERO C while Smash Bros Ultimate is CERO A. Here.

They most likely want Smash to be marketable to the widest possible audience because otherwise you couldn't have it on shows aimed at kids. In any case it really isn't anything worth getting upset at. The alternative is just cutting the Spirit entirely, and it doesn't affect anything in Xenoblade 2.
Pretty much, everything about her appearance that I love is still there. Showing skin wasn't necessarily one of them. If they stick to this for her potential appearance in Smash, or even just a late DLC costume in Xenoblade 2, it'd be cool to see how they'd make it work.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

I mean that or de-censorization for outside countries at the least before cutting it, as I said if someone can legit alter a fighter because they're offended by it, I think we could get Mythra to be portrayed correctly, and why I'm treating this like a bigger deal than it is, is because there's content in the game far much worse than Mythra showing her legs and some cleavage.

Though frankly I don't think that rating is just because of Mythra, after all there is swearing and on-screen death in XBC2 alongside some mature themes such as war and terrorisim.

Even then there's blades "worse" than Mythra's design that probably contributed to that rating a whole lot more, a good example would be Dahlia but Dahlia isn't a spirit so it's kind of not that important I guess.

D

Deleted member

Only thing I would change about the Mythra redesign is adding a couple of green lines as an accent for each of her leggings. Other than that I vastly prefer it to the original. Aside from minor nitpicking like the alternate costumes being tied to AUX Cores & Accessories or some Blades being particularly underwhelming, my only issue with XC2 was some of the oversexualized character designs, and this new Mythra art addresses that effectively.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
The black leggings clash heavily with her color aesthetic of gold and white. I understand why she was censored but I'm not a big fan of this edit.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The black leggings clash heavily with her color aesthetic of gold and white. I understand why she was censored but I'm not a big fan of this edit.
But there's black highlights on her dress, even in the uncensored version. Most other colors kind of get washed out by white unless they are dark, so it works well as a contrast.

As @Autumn Breeze says, if you just added the same green neon present in the other black parts it would fit better, and look pretty interesting to boot.

Edit: Mythra's spirit battle can be seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...vpx/someone_found_mythras_encounter_in_smash/

If you don't wanna look, the render is more polished and has shading in the game.

For fun, I headcanon Mythra initially being resistant to wearing these new outfits, especially with the reasons given, but once she tries them and has a good look, ends up liking them quite a bit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But there's black highlights on her dress, even in the uncensored version. Most other colors kind of get washed out by white unless they are dark, so it works well as a contrast.

As @Autumn Breeze says, if you just added the same green neon present in the other black parts it would fit better, and look pretty interesting to boot.

Edit: Mythra's spirit battle can be seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...vpx/someone_found_mythras_encounter_in_smash/

If you don't wanna look, the render is more polished and has shading in the game.

For fun, I headcanon Mythra initially being resistant to wearing these new outfits, especially with the reasons given, but once she tries them and has a good look, ends up liking them quite a bit.
"The enemy will charge up a very powerful final smash"
"The enemy starts with an enhanced beam sword"

T H E Y K N O W

Overall, besides Mythra (kinda) I'm happy with the representation of XC2 in Ultimate. All the Spirits are so cool and music as well is a cherry on top. Even if we don't get a rep I'll still be ok.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Female Corrin was censored in Smash4 but i never saw someone complaining, i feel like Pyra is easier to adapt to a more family friendly rating without being so jarring.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The actual in game look is a vast improvement to the data mined picture. My biggest grievance with the edit (other than non canon look in XC2) was the cheap appearance of the edit. But seeing the in game look with the shading and lighting properly applied to the dark color of her leggings, it looks very good and I just kinda wish this was an optional costume in XC2 now.

Course, it's just a picture and always has been so how it looked was never going to be as important to me as say a model edit. I'd be down for a really clean version of this look in model form in the game eventually... tho mostly cuz the implications would be "MYTHRA CONFIRMED", heh.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
That Gameinformer interview with Sakurai talked about Spirits and it basically boiled down to "yeah, Spirits are for funsies". In other words, they don't deconfirm anyone like most people thought which means XC2 characters have a chance.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
That Gameinformer interview with Sakurai talked about Spirits and it basically boiled down to "yeah, Spirits are for funsies". In other words, they don't deconfirm anyone like most people thought which means XC2 characters have a chance.
Plus we literally have several mii costumes for old fighters, new alts for old fighters, and mii costumes for newcomers.

Really is safe to say spirits and mii costumes don't deconfirm,
then with that playable Master Hand that I saw with my own eyes due to watching streams, not even bosses deconfirm and while it is speculation people are thinking there is a way to unlock Master Hand outside of that single level in WoL, in which I do hope if there is no way Master Hand becomes free DLC later on but... anyways, I don't even think bosses deconfirm due to a playable Master Hand, did I mention how cool and fun it looks?
it's honestly only a matter of time for when a assist trophies becomes playable and is an assist in the same game.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
They already have Chrom appearing as a Final Smash and a Fighter, and his implementation looks INCREDIBLY lazy. It's ridiculous to think a character cant be a Spirit/Assist Trophy and a character after that. Although I'd hope they're not just lazily slapped over another moveset like Chrom is. I don't think anyone wants the Rex Mii Costume scaled up over Toon Link with the Pyra sticker stuck over Palutena for characters lmao.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
They already have Chrom appearing as a Final Smash and a Fighter, and his implementation looks INCREDIBLY lazy. It's ridiculous to think a character cant be a Spirit/Assist Trophy and a character after that. Although I'd hope they're not just lazily slapped over another moveset like Chrom is. I don't think anyone wants the Rex Mii Costume scaled up over Toon Link with the Pyra sticker stuck over Palutena for characters lmao.
You're right about that, and even though he's an Echo for Roy apparently he has some data that triggers the unique victory screen for Lucina and female Robin.

"How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself?"

I just like to imagine Chrom saying this in response:

Chrom: "I... I'm so confused..."

There's rumors that that Chrom was the actual last character added to the game since they had extra development time which may explain his sloppy inclusion, though with the rumors of that day one patch... I feel like that'll also be adding some work to polish Chrom up alongside whatever else comes with it.

If they're actually going to use up all 30 extra slots though, 25 after this first pass, and seeming as it takes about a year to make them 2019 going possibly going into 2020, that'd be 6 more passes from 2021-2027 which would be about the remaining life span of the Switch unless Nintendo decides to bump that 2027 year to 2032 or something.

Yeah... no way they'll come up with 30-25 characters without really stretching it and going super third party on them, they're bound to be making some spirits, assist trophies, and maybe even bosses playable.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

One thing I've not seen mentioned though is the potential for this kind of censorship influencing Mythra's appearance in or even chances at being DLC. Not to raise alarms, but it's a new thing to consider I guess. Although, I suppose DLC usually stands aside from the in the box ESRB, so maybe it means nothing. Though, there's also that chance she'll be looking this way as a character model. And maybe even Pyra would get more censor consideration as a full model as well. I don't think appearance alone would hold them back, and I think Sakurai could tastefully modify game models if he had to and they were included. Still, raises a bit of a question mark. I don't think it really will effect their chances tho... just the chance that if they're eventually added, some people might be angered by censorship.

Also, I think I like the idea of a lighter grey leggings rather than that black, kinda mirroring the pneuma look in places. How a png looks doesn't bother me really. If they get a full model, I'd bet on more creative censorship that'll be more palatable most likely, if they're forced to censor at all for DLC.
I don't think the "look" of the characters will keep them out. Pyra wasn't changed at all and Mythra didn't change much outside the leggings (which I actually think look good but I get the color argument). I don't see it affecting their chances

Cloud's Fighter Spirit is just his Ultimate Artwork. I think the DLC characters, PP included, will just have their artwork be their fighter spirit

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your messages instead)
Personally i think spirits do deconfirms
as well as costumes.

Do i say that to troll you guys ?
No because sure there is a spirit of Rex, a spirit of Pyra, a spirit of Mythra

There isn't a spirit of Rex&Pyra or Rex&Mythra, they are supposed to be together, like the duck and the dog, like popo and nana
It's like having a spirit of popo, and a spirit of nana

Sure it seems i'm dragging this a bit too far, but at the time of the direct i thought the fact that Sakurai apologized totally deconfirmed Rex

But a while after, he tweeted that the line up DLC was finalized, and this time Nintendo picked the characters.
If they weren't able to show anything yet at the time of the direct for the fighter pass, it totally means the DLCs weren't picked by the time of 2015 like everyone seems to think
And also by that time Sakurai might not knew he could put Rex in DLC so he just had his mii costume.

Let's ask ourselves why Rex mii costume is just behind the fighter pass, and not buyable on its own ? Or put in the base game because it's just ready.
Why some of the best xenoblade 2 musics aren't here, like Mor Ardain ?

Because Nintendo knows Rex is damn popular and people would buy the fighter pass just to get his costume. Nia was in the base game as a costume.

If Nintendo knows Rex is THAT DAMN popular, and japanese twitter around that direct was crazy angry about Rex, they especially know Rex has to be a fighter DLC.
Now why a costume if he is going to be a DLC, well to help you wait for it and also and especially to make you long for you to play the real deal.

Sure they put some musics from xenoblade 2, but why so few ? Because they'll put the others in the DLC with Rex.

There is a lot of bets, false leaks about which 5 characters it will be, i'll say to you, i'm not sure about any fighter except Rex. I think any fighter pass leak without Rex in it is fake.

And even if he is not in the fighter pass, i'm 100% positive he'll be a 6th stand alone DLC.

For me Rex is unavoidable.

Now how do i think Rex will be played.

I think Rex and Pyra will be able to switch positions while one stay in the background at the exact place you switch with the other. The golden link if you stay near your partner to make you stronger will be there like in the game to make you think about the position of your partner and fight with that.

Down Special will be to change place with your partner.
Any other special from Rex will be the anchor shot (B), the sword bash (up B, makes you go up), and the double spining edge (side B)

Any other special from Pyra will be the lvl 1, 2 and 3 specials

Lvl 4 special is the final smash

also Rex is better off as a DLC as he requires a lot more work than a base game character

First because going with this kind of gameplay, it's harder to do

Second because, he needs a lot of different alternatives costumes.
> costume you have from the beginning
> costume you have from chapter 7

But also he needs other blades. He at the very least needs to be playable either with Pyra, or with Mythra (Or he could switch during fight)

But if Sakurai is perfectionist, he can also add Pneuma, and Nia as a blade.

So Rex really needs some peculiar efforts to be put in the game, and that couldn't be in the base game.
Which one is as much complicated in the base game if it's not for the pokemon trainer ?

Rex must be DLC, and is DLC

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I don't think the "look" of the characters will keep them out. Pyra wasn't changed at all and Mythra didn't change much outside the leggings (which I actually think look good but I get the color argument). I don't see it affecting their chances

Cloud's Fighter Spirit is just his Ultimate Artwork. I think the DLC characters, PP included, will just have their artwork be their fighter spirit
I've seen gameplay of classic mode, they don't use their renders. Cloud is the only one that way since SE is a ***** when it comes to lending out stuff for crossovers these days.

Heck, Kingdom Hearts 3 at this point has a high chance of /just/ having Moogle shops be the only shape and form of FF content in the game... in the series birthed from the idea a Disney and SE crossover.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Neither do I... but I do see it potentially affecting how they are portrayed if they are confirmed. Pyra's image in spirits is apparently fine, but that's a 2D representation of the character. Assuming DLC is bound to the limits of the ESRB rating, a 3D representation of Pyra may be found to be "too much" whereas her 2D image was fine. Not "too much" for her not to be included as a playable fighter, but maybe too much for her not to be censored as a 3D model in some way. Again, I agree that such things should not influence her chance at inclusion as a fighter and logically wont... but "should" doesn't necessarily mean "will". It can't be completely ruled out unfortunately, yet even if it kept them from inclusion we probably wouldn't hear about it. As I said, if they end up not making it, it'll most certainly be 99% chance some other reason. Imo, the odds are still very much in their favor when looking at the other candidates around them.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Personally i think spirits do deconfirms
as well as costumes.

Do i say that to troll you guys ?
No because sure there is a spirit of Rex, a spirit of Pyra, a spirit of Mythra

There isn't a spirit of Rex&Pyra or Rex&Mythra, they are supposed to be together, like the duck and the dog, like popo and nana
It's like having a spirit of popo, and a spirit of nana

Sure it seems i'm dragging this a bit too far, but at the time of the direct i thought the fact that Sakurai apologized totally deconfirmed Rex

But a while after, he tweeted that the line up DLC was finalized, and this time Nintendo picked the characters.
If they weren't able to show anything yet at the time of the direct for the fighter pass, it totally means the DLCs weren't picked by the time of 2015 like everyone seems to think
And also by that time Sakurai might not knew he could put Rex in DLC so he just had his mii costume.

Let's ask ourselves why Rex mii costume is just behind the fighter pass, and not buyable on its own ? Or put in the base game because it's just ready.
Why some of the best xenoblade 2 musics aren't here, like Mor Ardain ?

Because Nintendo knows Rex is damn popular and people would buy the fighter pass just to get his costume. Nia was in the base game as a costume.

If Nintendo knows Rex is THAT DAMN popular, and japanese twitter around that direct was crazy angry about Rex, they especially know Rex has to be a fighter DLC.
Now why a costume if he is going to be a DLC, well to help you wait for it and also and especially to make you long for you to play the real deal.

Sure they put some musics from xenoblade 2, but why so few ? Because they'll put the others in the DLC with Rex.

There is a lot of bets, false leaks about which 5 characters it will be, i'll say to you, i'm not sure about any fighter except Rex. I think any fighter pass leak without Rex in it is fake.

And even if he is not in the fighter pass, i'm 100% positive he'll be a 6th stand alone DLC.

For me Rex is unavoidable.

Now how do i think Rex will be played.

I think Rex and Pyra will be able to switch positions while one stay in the background at the exact place you switch with the other. The golden link if you stay near your partner to make you stronger will be there like in the game to make you think about the position of your partner and fight with that.

Down Special will be to change place with your partner.
Any other special from Rex will be the anchor shot (B), the sword bash (up B, makes you go up), and the double spining edge (side B)

Any other special from Pyra will be the lvl 1, 2 and 3 specials

Lvl 4 special is the final smash

also Rex is better off as a DLC as he requires a lot more work than a base game character

First because going with this kind of gameplay, it's harder to do

Second because, he needs a lot of different alternatives costumes.
> costume you have from the beginning
> costume you have from chapter 7

But also he needs other blades. He at the very least needs to be playable either with Pyra, or with Mythra (Or he could switch during fight)

But if Sakurai is perfectionist, he can also add Pneuma, and Nia as a blade.

So Rex really needs some peculiar efforts to be put in the game, and that couldn't be in the base game.
Which one is as much complicated in the base game if it's not for the pokemon trainer ?

Rex must be DLC, and is DLC
I would say I think Rex should have all his canonical resonated blades with him, as it is his gimmick to have four/five blades in the game.

Obviously I don't know if they'd be able to but they should at least have Pyra and Mythra, his other two blades being Nia as you said and Roc (plus I mean... Roc and Aegeaon deserve more love than they get seeming as they're also canonical blades that Rex and Mòrag get and for me anyways it'd make up for Roc being not present in the story past Rex obtaining him... then again I like Roc a lot so that's also a factor... plus I want to make jokes that someone in Smash Bros has the gender of 4).

Then of course I think a final smash no matter the number of blades and who they are would be Pneuma.

D

Deleted member

I would say I think Rex should have all his canonical resonated blades with him, as it is his gimmick to have four/five blades in the game.

Obviously I don't know if they'd be able to but they should at least have Pyra and Mythra, his other two blades being Nia as you said and Roc (plus I mean... Roc and Aegeaon deserve more love than they get seeming as they're also canonical blades that Rex and Mòrag get and for me anyways it'd make up for Roc being not present in the story past Rex obtaining him... then again I like Roc a lot so that's also a factor... plus I want to make jokes that someone in Smash Bros has the gender of 4).

Then of course I think a final smash no matter the number of blades and who they are would be Pneuma.
Nia would be a bit of a spoiler wouldn't she? Same with Pneuma... honestly I would prefer a Chain Attack or Sacred Arrow as a FS ust to protect people from spoilers.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Um, his gimmick (not Pyra & Mythra's dual nature) is being able to control any Blade once he gets Master Driver privileges. Anyone can use four to five Blades, the ones we meet in story just choose not to for some reason.

I don't see it being likely that anyone other than Pokemon Trainer will use full moveset switching. Pyra & Mythra are easy since they're echos on a basic level, but other Blades would require a totally different moveset to incorporate their weapons.

Last edited:

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
As regards to the censorship, I feel like CERO has issues with short skirts more than anything. Pyra's art, as far as I could tell, did not get censored, and she's wearing much skimpier clothing than Mythra, although it's a pair of shorts instead of a skirt. Also, the way they censored Palutena and Corrin, but not Samus or Shulk (double standards notwithstanding).

I guess it has something to do with the implied presence of underwear, whereas shorts don't do that, or something.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
As regards to the censorship, I feel like CERO has issues with short skirts more than anything. Pyra's art, as far as I could tell, did not get censored, and she's wearing much skimpier clothing than Mythra, although it's a pair of shorts instead of a skirt. Also, the way they censored Palutena and Corrin, but not Samus or Shulk (double standards notwithstanding).

I guess it has something to do with the implied presence of underwear, whereas shorts don't do that, or something.
If it didn't happen here, it most certainly would have once a model in motion is made. Say what you will about short shorts, but you can't angle the camera to get panty shots with them.

D

Deleted member

Do we know how exactly DLC is rated? If it's rated seperate from the main game we might get a less censored version of Mythra

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
D

Deleted member

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Um, his gimmick (not Pyra & Mythra's dual nature) is being able to control any Blade once he gets Master Driver privileges. Anyone can use four to five Blades, the ones we meet in story just choose not to for some reason.

I don't see it being likely that anyone other than Pokemon Trainer will use full moveset switching. Pyra & Mythra are easy since they're echos on a basic level, but other Blades would require a totally different moveset to incorporate their weapons.
I know that but I meant he's the only one to be able to control four/five blades in combat and gamreplay, those being Pyra, Mythra, (Pneuma as well technically), then two other blades (if we go with canon, Nia and Roc).

Fair, but I think if the really want to represent him in fullest he's gonna have a switching mechanic like Pokémon trainers.

Nia would be a bit of a spoiler wouldn't she? Same with Pneuma... honestly I would prefer a Chain Attack or Sacred Arrow as a FS ust to protect people from spoilers.
I mean... I don't think Sakurai would care necessarily care about hat. He basically spoiled everything about Xenoblade 1 in Smash 4 besides Zanza. I'm just going with what they'd realistically do honestly plus I mean... I was thinking it would just be cool to see Rex represented in his fullest and honestly I was just thinking of Gensis Saber being the final smash if it's the one I'm remembering, where she sends a bunch of sword projectiles it'd basically just be like Diddy and Sonic's new final smashes where the swords are going all over the screen and knocking people around that or Rex gets teleported to the left of the screen and he and Pneuma do their level four special across the stage. I'd just them have something unique considering Sacred Arrow would be similar to PK Starstorm. Which uh... if they really wanted to be unique they could have all of his blades do their level four special at the same time (without tossing their weapons to Rex) but I feel like that may be a bit too much to animation and what not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom