• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If you say characters that have a spirit in the game can't be playable... what's left that Nintendo thinks people would pay 5-6 bucks for, and that they also have control over, in this case?

It feels like a short list, and not the best list either. They're limiting their options for Nintendo properties if that was a concern... not picking from the spirits. It certainly opens the door for some of the wilder third party dreams, but given the circumstance of selection, that also just feels weird. Then again, those are the kinds of characters that would sell perhaps the best. 3rd party characters that are the leads of popular franchises not necessarily associated with Nintendo that bring the fans of these games into Smash. Even so, I'm still thinking we're getting some 1st/2nd party characters in the DLC, at least 2/5. And I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the DLC characters currently have spirits.

Also, a while back I tossed out a "workaround" for the whole Rex spirit and Pyra spirit thing (now Mythra too). The playable fighter would be "Rex & Aegis" essentially (could also work as "Rex & Pyra" though that kinda assumes no Mythra). In any case, each spirit is just one half of a team that makes a single playable character. It's like if there were a Nana spirit or a Luma spirit. I haven't looked at the datamined list and admittedly I doubt those spirits are there... but if you're really hung up on spirits, this is a "cute workaround", lol. But maybe that's just being optimistic in the face of the potential that spirits could be a deconfirm... though, honestly I haven't seen anything change that would make me think spirits are a deconfirm all of a sudden when a couple days ago they weren't when we already knew that Rex and Pyra had spirits anyways. DLC, as stated by Sakurai, was a separate consideration from the main game. What we see in the main game does not account for the 5 DLC characters that are in the works now. Not saying to be more optimistic... just saying that I don't think anything has really changed at all over the last couple days for us and our chances of getting what we want.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
That argument sadly is near dead to.

Wii Fit is confirmed to have 9 spirits total, 2 of those are the fighter spirits, the other 7 are poses( treepose, deep breath etc.)

King K.rool is listed as a fighter spirit, while Kaptain K.rool is a regular spirit

The other Samus Spirits are named after the suits (Fusion Suit, Dark Suit, Light Suit etc.)

Mario same as Samus
Yeah but they are still the same characters. Even with different names, it's the same characters.

Also, it's pretty obvious that Spirits are meant to replace Trophies. If Mewtwo and Lucas can be both regular trophies and be added as DLC, then why can't the same be done for Spirits?

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
If I may ask, where is the proof of this?
The fact Sakurai specifically said he was a bonus for buying the fighter pass? Sure as I said his data is in the base game, but the mii costume won't be able to unlocked unless you purchase the fighter pass. If you could get the Rex Mii costume without buying the pass I'm sure Sakurai would've informed us.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but they are still the same characters. Even with different names, it's the same characters.

Also, it's pretty obvious that Spirits are meant to replace Trophies. If Mewtwo and Lucas can be both regular trophies and be added as DLC, then why can't the same be done for Spirits?
Literally all they would have to do is make new Spirits using different art and call it Rex & Pyra (fighter)

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
If you say characters that have a spirit in the game can't be playable... what's left that Nintendo thinks people would pay 5-6 bucks for, and that they also have control over, in this case?

It feels like a short list, and not the best list either. They're limiting their options for Nintendo properties if that was a concern... not picking from the spirits. It certainly opens the door for some of the wilder third party dreams, but given the circumstance of selection, that also just feels weird. Then again, those are the kinds of characters that would sell perhaps the best. 3rd party characters that are the leads of popular franchises not necessarily associated with Nintendo that bring the fans of these games into Smash. Even so, I'm still thinking we're getting some 1st/2nd party characters in the DLC, at least 2/5. And I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the DLC characters currently have spirits.

Also, a while back I tossed out a "workaround" for the whole Rex spirit and Pyra spirit thing (now Mythra too). The playable fighter would be "Rex & Aegis" essentially (could also work as "Rex & Pyra" though that kinda assumes no Mythra). In any case, each spirit is just one half of a team that makes a single playable character. It's like if there were a Nana spirit or a Luma spirit. I haven't looked at the datamined list and admittedly I doubt those spirits are there... but if you're really hung up on spirits, this is a "cute workaround", lol. But maybe that's just being optimistic in the face of the potential that spirits could be a deconfirm... though, honestly I haven't seen anything change that would make me think spirits are a deconfirm all of a sudden when a couple days ago they weren't when we already knew that Rex and Pyra had spirits anyways. DLC, as stated by Sakurai, was a separate consideration from the main game. What we see in the main game does not account for the 5 DLC characters that are in the works now. Not saying to be more optimistic... just saying that I don't think anything has really changed at all over the last couple days for us and our chances of getting what we want.
While I don't agree with it, the main argument that they deconfirm characters is that Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit in the base game according to the datamine... but assuming classic mode rewards us with something still... probably doesn't mean anything since I'm quite sure we'll be getting a Piranha Plant spirit at the end after completing it, though this could be used as for and against the deconfirmation thing. Personally I don't think they deconfirm characters for a multitude of reasons and that the absence of a Piranha Plant spirit was because it's just a coincidence it didn't have one or that since it wa sbejng developed alongside the game in the latter months of development they just decided to withhold it till the plant releases.

D

Deleted member

The fact Sakurai specifically said he was a bonus for buying the fighter pass? Sure as I said his data is in the base game, but the mii costume won't be able to unlocked unless you purchase the fighter pass. If you could get the Rex Mii costume without buying the pass I'm sure Sakurai would've informed us.
Apologies if you feel called out, but at this point I can tell this is just an assumption. I believe there is reason to believe both the "Fighter Pass only for Rex Costume" prediction and the "Can get Rex costume in other ways" prediction. At this point we'll have to wait for the game to come out to know for sure.

I will say this though. If you're right and the Figther Pass is the only way to get the Rex Costume, then I agree that's pretty wonky in more ways than one.

Last edited by a moderator:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
While I don't agree with it, the main argument that they deconfirm characters is that Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit in the base game according to the datamine... but assuming classic mode rewards us with something still... probably doesn't mean anything since I'm quite sure we'll be getting a Piranha Plant spirit at the end after completing it, though this could be used as for and against the deconfirmation thing. Personally I don't think they deconfirm characters for a multitude of reasons and that the absence of a Piranha Plant spirit was because it's just a coincidence it didn't have one or that since it was being developed alongside the game in the latter months of development they just decided to withhold it till the plant releases.
The last part of that last sentence is essentially what I'm thinking. Piranha seems to have been in development before the game was finalized, so it would've been easy enough to pull any spirit if there were one early on. In general, spirits would appear to be pretty editable if need be. Only thing that would seem to require work is adding in, removing, or editing an associated event match. And even then, maybe that's not even a concern. Theoretically, they could add Nia as a playable character and keep her Mii Brawler event match. I mean, Chrom is in Robin's FS still apparently. I don't think the team will get too hung up on details like this when push comes to shove and even if they do a bit, spirit related stuff seems (just my impression) highly editable compared to some things.

D

Deleted member

PP was 100% planned to be in the base roster and just got pushed back a bit

He will literally be ready two months after release AND be free for most people. They even have gameplay lmao. Mewtwo, who was a veteran, needed 6 months in the oven before he was ready post-launch. The only thing they had was a render and thats it

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
The last part of that last sentence is essentially what I'm thinking. Piranha seems to have been in development before the game was finalized, so it would've been easy enough to pull any spirit if there were one early on. In general, spirits would appear to be pretty editable if need be. Only thing that would seem to require work is adding in, removing, or editing an associated event match. And even then, maybe that's not even a concern. Theoretically, they could add Nia as a playable character and keep her Mii Brawler event match. I mean, Chrom is in Robin's FS still apparently. I don't think the team will get too hung up on details like this when push comes to shove and even if they do a bit, spirit related stuff seems (just my impression) highly editable compared to some things.
You're right, we can essentially have Chrom using Robin's Final Smash to beat up Chrom while Mii fighter Chrom watches.

Isabelle and K Rool's entire outfits still exist as well, all the old smash 4 ones besides the third parties do in fact.

Honestly at this point even though it may trigger people I actually expect an existing assist trophy to become playable in the same game as they're an assist at this point, maybe even a boss seeming as there's data for a playable Master Hand in the game (which honestly would be a nice free 20th anniversary surprise if you ask me).

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

The problem is the naming of spirits like I said.

Fighter spirits are the real character names, while the other spirits that portray the same characters are named after the form, suit etc. they portray in that spirit.

Its not some coincidence pattern if you ask me, because you can apply it to all fighters that are in the game, and Pirahna Plant out of all things is missing in a pool of 1300, while all the other Mario enemies are in as spirits. (It is a fair argument that he was planned for base though, but its still rubbing me the wrong way)

3rd party Mii costumes are cut to, so those character chances skyrocketed (especially Namco reps and the Monster Hunter), so i'm expecting atleast 2 snagging a DLC slot

Of all the spirits that didn't get "deconfirmed" we have Sylux, which is a very likely candidate to co-promote for Prime 4, and the same applies to Edelgard or a Gen 8 mon (although I admit i'm extremely salty if one of those get in, while Rex & Pyra were considerd to new), and we known Nintendo was involved with the DLC selection, so they could easily list those, because their games are coming next year(Prime 4 is unknown though)

Also I apologise if I come over as pessimistic, but i'm someone that directly believed the Box theory to (after researching it), because most of the time the doom scenario is the most likely scenario, although to be completely sure on this theory we need our first DLC character, but this whole thing rubs me the wrong way and I have mad respect for people that can keep their optimism, with all this stuff happening.

D

Deleted member

The problem is the naming of spirits like I said.

Fighter spirits are the real character names, while the other spirits that portray the same characters are named after the form, suit etc. they portray in that spirit.

Its not some coincidence pattern if you ask me, because you can apply it to all fighters that are in the game, and Pirahna Plant out of all things is missing in a pool of 1300, while all the other Mario enemies are in as spirits. (It is a fair argument that he was planned for base though, but its still rubbing me the wrong way)

3rd party Mii costumes are cut to, so those character chances skyrocketed (especially Namco reps and the Monster Hunter), so i'm expecting atleast 2 snagging a DLC slot

Of all the spirits that didn't get "deconfirmed" we have Sylux, which is a very likely candidate to co-promote for Prime 4, and the same applies to Edelgard or a Gen 8 mon (although I admit i'm extremely salty if one of those get in, while Rex & Pyra were considerd to new), and we known Nintendo was involved with the DLC selection, so they could easily list those, because their games are coming next year(Prime 4 is unknown though)

Also I apologise if I come over as pessimistic, but i'm someone that directly believed the Box theory to (after researching it), because most of the time the doom scenario is the most likely scenario, although to be completely sure on this theory we need our first DLC character, but this whole thing rubs me the wrong way and I have mad respect for people that can keep their optimism, with all this stuff happening.
If they make a character with a spirit playable, lets say Elma, then they could just make a new Spirit using different art and call it Elma (fighter). That's what they did for Mewtwo and Lucas' trophies iirc

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,
any idea what XC2 songs we'll be seeing? I've heard there's only 3, and 2 of them are battle!! and the unique monster theme.
If so, i feel these choices are...not the best. Very basic, especially with what XC2 can offer on that front. And i don't know if it adds or subtracts from DLC chances that no 'special' music track appears to be in.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys,
any idea what XC2 songs we'll be seeing? I've heard there's only 3, and 2 of them are battle!! and the unique monster theme.
If so, i feel these choices are...not the best. Very basic, especially with what XC2 can offer on that front. And i don't know if it adds or subtracts from DLC chances that no 'special' music track appears to be in.
Those are the only three XC2 songs in the game. The complete lack of XCX music, the lack of iconic XC2 music (like Counterattack), and zero new remixes is what makes people think that we might get a Xenoblade newcomer since DLC fighters come with music as well. Sakurai LOVES Xenoblade, and it's easy as hell to add music to the game (modders have already done it literally 2 weeks before the game has even been released) there's no reason why he wouldn't add more then 3 XC2 songs and at least SOME XCX songs. The only reason I can think of is that he would feel weird adding a lot of music from a game without that game's rep, but that sounds VERY unlike Sakurai.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If they make a character with a spirit playable, lets say Elma, then they could just make a new Spirit using different art and call it Elma (fighter). That's what they did for Mewtwo and Lucas' trophies iirc
I just checked on Smash 3DS and they didn't changed the name of the trophies , in fact there are two trophies simply called "Mewtwo" or "Lucas". So the name isn't a problem at all.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I just checked on Smash 3DS and they didn't changed the name of the trophies , in fact there are two trophies simply called "Mewtwo" or "Lucas". So the name isn't a problem at all.
Plus, if the fighter spirits are purely decorative, it's not like they have to show up in the list of usable ones, thus preventing any confusion.

D

Deleted member

Even if you COULD use fighter Spirits, you can have duplicate Spirits if you get them in Spirit Board before World of Light. You can literally have two of the SAME ****ING SPIRIT from what we've seen in a small clip in the Direct. People who say Spirits deconfirm characters have no ammo and are being overly pessimistic.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I believe Pirahna Plant doesn't have a spirit because he was actually worked on during development. Also not all major Mario enemies have spirits, so its not like Pirahna Plant needed to be one of them. This doesn't deconfirm that spirits can't be playable.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Then they would need to change the name of the current Elma spirit, because all fighter spirits are the real character (and they aren't called Mario(Fighter) if thats what you assume, because the name is Mario and Fighter is the class)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Then they would need to change the name of the current Elma spirit, because all fighter spirits are the real character (and they aren't called Mario(Fighter) if thats what you assume, because the name is Mario and Fighter is the class)
But they didn't change the name of the pre-existing Mewtwo and Lucas trophies, in fact both those and the one you get for completing Smash For's Classic Mode are just called "Mewtwo" or "Lucas".
There is no need to change the name of the base game Spirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok so literally just have it be called Elma. That's it. They did that for Mewtwo and Lucas. Nobody is gonna be confused for **** since fighter Spirits aren't usable. And even if they were, you can have two of the same Spirits by getting one in Spirit board and then later in WoL. And EVEN if you couldn't, Chrom is a Mii fighter, FS, and a playable character. There is ZERO reason why a Spirit couldn't be playable other then pessimism

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Seeming as someone brought up the fact Mewtwo and Lucas' trophies before and after their inclusion share the same name so there's just two different trophies with the same name. I don't think that would matter at all actually especially considering Fighter spirits are 100% decorative (we know this due to people who pirated the game... sadly).

The though spirits deconfirm characters thing is in the sole basis of Piranha Plant not having one, when in reality it means nothing and if it does it just means not having a spirit probably would boost chances of them getting picked during the picking session Sakurai had.

Honestly though I for one am really getting sick of all the fan made rules we make and shove them down each other's throats, it really puts a damper on the fun that is speculation, especially considering the only rule to actually be confirmed is "No Fourth Party Characters" and that was ten years ago. I can't wait for a smash game to literally go "You see all these fan rules? They mean nothing. proceeds to rip them to shreds" honestly.

Ok so literally just have it be called Elma. That's it. They did that for Mewtwo and Lucas. Nobody is gonna be confused for **** since fighter Spirits aren't usable. And even if they were, you can have two of the same Spirits by getting one in Spirit board and then later in WoL. And EVEN if you couldn't, Chrom is a Mii fighter, FS, and a playable character. There is ZERO reason why a Spirit couldn't be playable other then pessimism
To add onto that Mii Costume list, all the first party ones from Smash 4 returned in this game and K Rool, Isabelle, probably forgetting someone else here, all are playa,e newcomers as well.

As I've said before: At this rate I'm expecting an playable assist trophy and boss to be thrown in with the DLC.

Cause for bosses, with someone like Dracula I'm quite sure we could tell whose who seeming as one is double his height and the assist trophy just couldn't be smmonable when on stage or they actually can using some of the logic you used and applied it to that situation.

Nonetheless, I still hope we get Rex or any new xeno rep for that matter.

Edit:
When autocorrect changes hope to hoe.

Smh.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Seeming as someone brought up the fact Mewtwo and Lucas' trophies before and after their inclusion share the same name so there's just two different trophies with the same name. I don't think that would matter at all actually especially considering Fighter spirits are 100% decorative (we know this due to people who pirated the game... sadly).

The though spirits deconfirm characters thing is in the sole basis of Piranha Plant not having one, when in reality it means nothing and if it does it just means not having a spirit probably would boost chances of them getting picked during the picking session Sakurai had.

Honestly though I for one am really getting sick of all the fan made rules we make and shove them down each other's throats, it really puts a damper on the fun that is speculation, especially considering the only rule to actually be confirmed is "No Fourth Party Characters" and that was ten years ago. I can't wait for a smash game to literally go "You see all these fan rules? They mean nothing. proceeds to rip them to shreds" honestly.

To add onto that Mii Costume list, all the first party ones from Smash 4 returned in this game and K Rool, Isabelle, probably forgetting someone else here, all are playa,e newcomers as well.

As I've said before: At this rate I'm expecting an playable assist trophy and boss to be thrown in with the DLC.

Cause for bosses, with someone like Dracula I'm quite sure we could tell whose who seeming as one is double his height and the assist trophy just couldn't be smmonable when on stage or they actually can using some of the logic you used and applied it to that situation.

Edit:

Smh.
That Pirahna plant sticks out as a sour thumb though. Its the main reason I'm pessimistic now, because even if it wasn't playable, Pirahna Plant is a stage hazard to and well one of the more prominent enemies.

If Spirits don't deconfirm though, I do feel the Rex Mii Costume doesn't mean a thing

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
That Pirahna plant sticks out as a sour thumb though. Its the main reason I'm pessimistic now, because even if it wasn't playable, Pirahna Plant is a stage hazard to and well one of the more prominent enemies.

If Spirits don't deconfirm though, I do feel the Rex Mii Costume doesn't mean a thing
It probably doesn't seeming as we can have Chrom beat up Chrom with the help of Robin as Mii Fighter Chrom watches and King K Rool and Mii Fighter K Rool duke it out as Isabelle hangs out with Mii Fighter Isabelle.

The Plant has always stuck out, it's a common enemy. Then as others have stated there is the day one patch that's apparently bringing in modes like HRC and even more spirits. All I'm saying it's pretty dumb to say spirits deconfirm just cause of a single character not having one in the game as of right now.

D

Deleted member

It probably doesn't seeming as we can have Chrom beat up Chrom with the help of Robin as Mii Fighter Chrom watches and King K Rool and Mii Fighter K Rool duke it out as Isabelle hangs out with Mii Fighter Isabelle.

The Plant has always stuck out, it's a common enemy. Then as others have stated there is the day one patch that's apparently bringing in modes like HRC and even more spirits. All I'm saying it's pretty dumb to say spirits deconfirm just cause of a single character not having one in the game as of right now.
Plant was also worked on alongside the main game probably, since it's a from-the-ground-up character but its already almost done. It'll be done 2 months after release, whereas Mewtwo who was a veteran needed 6 whole months in the oven

D

Deleted member

Plant was also worked on alongside the main game probably, since it's a from-the-ground-up character but its already almost done. It'll be done 2 months after release, whereas Mewtwo who was a veteran needed 6 whole months in the oven
To add to this, the game files have a missing character spot in-between Incineroar and Inkling.

z90 shizue
z91 gaogaen
z93 inkling
z94 ridley
z95 krool
z96 simon

Given that 3rd parties are always at the bottom of the list in Smash games the missing z92 has to be a first party character, and the only one that makes any modicum of sense is Piranha Plant.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Edit:

Smh.
It's one part the toxic mentality of anything less than playable being seen as a snub (sometimes even just being low tier is worse than nothing for those), and the rest is either detractors latching onto any "proof" that "deconfirms" competition, or just being pessimistic from the get-go. And I fear people will misattribute the cause is this goes around enough: if fighters don't get in, it won't be because they were spirits.

Shantae and Rayman went from being a no-show and pure cameo respectively to actually having a role in gameplay with their spirit battles and usable spirits. If anything it should prove those are on Nintendo's radar, which can only mean good things for them whether it's for Smash or not.

And just to be clear they support the franchise and not just the character, Risky Boots, the main antagonist of Shantae, is also a spirit.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Those are the only three XC2 songs in the game. The complete lack of XCX music, the lack of iconic XC2 music (like Counterattack), and zero new remixes is what makes people think that we might get a Xenoblade newcomer since DLC fighters come with music as well. Sakurai LOVES Xenoblade, and it's easy as hell to add music to the game (modders have already done it literally 2 weeks before the game has even been released) there's no reason why he wouldn't add more then 3 XC2 songs and at least SOME XCX songs. The only reason I can think of is that he would feel weird adding a lot of music from a game without that game's rep, but that sounds VERY unlike Sakurai.
I wonder how early they decided on the music? We now know they decided on fighters early on and locked that in. My guess is music was always more fluid but probably at some point was locked in too. I wonder if that was before XC2 came out and that's why there's no new remixes. Just not enough time perhaps to commit to playing with the game's music.

I feel like in past Smash installments, many games made closer to a Smash release just had their original songs pulled from that source game. Not to mention that Xeno games in general have strong enough scores that you wouldn't necessarily need to make remixes. As they are, they often stand up to Smash just fine.

That said... hearing more remixes would be cool. Even cooler? How about more XC2 music or even any XCX? If we get the DLC we hope for, that's been confirmed to be part of the deal. Not sure if XCX music would sneak in with Rex/Pyra tho. It's not like XC2 has a shortage of music options anyways, but I'd love to hear at least some XCX.

I'm gonna list some of my top music choices in a spoiler below...
Just a top 10 off the top of my head tho... must have for XC2:

Counterattack (of course)
Irritation (underrated and a bit quiet but I could see it remixed with a battle theme)
The Decision (I mean, this one is pretty epic)
Bringer of Chaos! (battle theme)
Incoming! (battle theme)
Monster Surprised You (battle theme)
Death March with Torna (maybe these last two could be remixed together),
Mor Ardain Day (naturally)
Tantal Day (epic)
Some other area theme or Drifting Soul or some remix of multiple songs

I'd love a song like Walking With You to be featured but it's not exactly a battle theme, just a beautiful piece that I can't imagine being remixed really.

Some XCX songs...

Theme X (theme song)
No.EX 1 (perhaps X's counterattack if you were gonna pick one)
Uncontrollable (unique monster theme)
Black Tar (battle theme)
Wir Fliegin (OVERDRIVE... these last couple could probably be remixed together)
Noctilum Day/Night
Cauldros Day/Night
Oblivia Day/Night (any of these area themes could be mashed up probably nicely)
Manon Ship themes
Dont Worry (skell flying theme, probably remixed to be faster and instrumental, tho I'd be down for the original)

Man, I figured I'd just name 5 but I got carried away. If any of those make it... it would be a miracle. Guess this was more just a chance for me to share the musics I like. Would've named Sylvalum music too but it's more a mellow mood and Primordia is kinda more generic sounding but still good. All these are easy enough to look up if anyone is interested.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"If a character is absent as a spirit that means they have better chances as DLC!"

Yeah I have a very difficult time believing that.

If you can't make it even as a Spirit then the safest assumption is that you weren't notable enough to be included in the first place. If we do get a Xenoblade DLC rep I think it'll be already represented as a Spirit. Cross is legitimately the reason I think the "no spirit = potential DLC" theory is total bunk.

ADAS20

Smash Cadet
"If a character is absent as a spirit that means they have better chances as DLC!"

Yeah I have a very difficult time believing that.

If you can't make it even as a Spirit then the safest assumption is that you weren't notable enough to be included in the first place. If we do get a Xenoblade DLC rep I think it'll be already represented as a Spirit. Cross is legitimately the reason I think the "no spirit = potential DLC" theory is total bunk.
Cross is barely even a character. Why do people want him in over Elma?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Cross is barely even a character. Why do people want him in over Elma?
Unpopular opinion, but I would take Cross over any X character because he did feel like a character to me. He's who I controlled the entire game, and despite being a blank slate, I was able to choose any kind of decision I wanted for him and several of them were pretty funny. I can't say the same for Elma. Not a big fan of the commander personality, nor did she get the character interaction that I desired unlike other Xenoblade protagonist. Cross got almost all the character interaction due to participating in all the quest, and dealing with all the party members including the optional ones. He worked his way up the Rank, and because of that I liked him more.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

So this is from the game's files...

They censored Mythra... a whole bunch, too much in my opinion.

Like... I get it's Rated E+10 and Xenoblade 2 was Rated T but... we legit got Bayonetta out here losing her clothes on her model, and Sharla's spirit still shows the top of her breasts... do we even need to bring up the Shulk and Samus' alternate costumes?

I just... can we get this reversed? Please? #UncensorMythra

If an SJW can get Mr. Game and Watch to lose a reference, we can get Mythra uncensored.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Damn, what the hell?
That looks so tacked on.

I can see the boob window, that one's done alright, but the leggings look crappy.

D

Deleted member

So this is from the game's files...

They censored Mythra... a whole bunch, too much in my opinion.

Like... I get it's Rated E+10 and Xenoblade 2 was Rated T but... we legit got Bayonetta out here losing her clothes on her model, and Sharla's spirit still shows the top of her breasts... do we even need to bring up the Shulk and Samus' alternate costumes?

I just... can we get this reversed? Please? #UncensorMythra

If an SJW can get Mr. Game and Watch to lose a reference, we can get Mythra uncensored.
Tbh idgaf about the tiddies being censored, if thats what they need to do to keep an E rating then go for it. But the leggings look so ****ing awkward, they clash hard with the rest of her outfit. They should've just lengthened her skirt instead of making her legs a void of darkness. It looks like a bad photoshop. At least make her leggings light grey, like come on

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Tbh idgaf about the tiddies being censored, if thats what they need to do to keep an E rating then go for it. But the leggings look so ****ing awkward, they clash hard with the rest of her outfit. They should've just lengthened her skirt instead of making her legs a void of darkness. It looks like a bad photoshop. At least make her leggings light grey, like come on
I mean that's fine, and I do agree the leggings look like absolute ****.

It's just that... all these other characters are way more guilty of showing /way/ more skin in a obvious sexual fanservice way and we're not even seeing their backsides on the spirits, which of course are Mythra and Pyra's most glaring part actually. So I'm just like... okay, so it's fine for Sharla to show the top,of her own breasts, Shulk to show every inch of skin on his body but his waist area, it's fine for ZSS to show some of her cleavage, and the rest of her body except all of her breasts and waist area as well. But Mythra? Nah, we have to cover up those breasts, can't show any cleavage, oh? She shows a lot of leg too? Well... just crappily paint pitch black leggings in her that also cover her sides.

It just feels so inaccurate and feels like an injustice to me with all these factors. Now I'd understand that if we were able to upskirt her, but that's not a possibility with that, and if she was a model that's nothing a black void or skirt lengthening can't fix.

Plus... from what I heard the black void under female characters with skirts and dresses are actually gone, so you can be cheeky on that like some players were back in Melee and Brawl. (Also seeming as Snake's explosives or presence didn't bump this game to a Rated T, I honestly do think now the only reason Brawl was Rated T due to the unused battle damage textures and the bleeding Master Hand in SSE).

So I'm just like, get rid of this unnecessary censorship and showcase Mythra in her original form, all the other xenoblade character are so I don't see why she's the exception. Then as I said in a tweet I made on my twitter, I feel like this was made by some SJW on the team that was apart of the group that got triggered by Mythra and Pyra's final design reveals, did this redesign out of spite and it slipped past Sakurai. Speaking of which, this censorship really does look like those crappy fanmade censorships that were being made around that time that were part meme part serious and Nintendo said they won't be censored, they should stick to their gun in that and uncensor Mythra in my opinion.

Pyra was untouched though, thank god.

D

Deleted member

I mean that's fine, and I do agree the leggings look like absolute ****.

It's just that... all these other characters are way more guilty of showing /way/ more skin in a obvious sexual fanservice way and we're not even seeing their backsides on the spirits, which of course are Mythra and Pyra's most glaring part actually. So I'm just like... okay, so it's fine for Sharla to show the top,of her own breasts, Shulk to show every inch of skin on his body but his waist area, it's fine for ZSS to show some of her cleavage, and the rest of her body except all of her breasts and waist area as well. But Mythra? Nah, we have to cover up those breasts, can't show any cleavage, oh? She shows a lot of leg too? Well... just crappily paint pitch black leggings in her that also cover her sides.

It just feels so inaccurate and feels like an injustice to me with all these factors. Now I'd understand that if we were able to upskirt her, but that's not a possibility with that, and if she was a model that's nothing a black void or skirt lengthening can't fix.

Plus... from what I heard the black void under female characters with skirts and dresses are actually gone, so you can be cheeky on that like some players were back in Melee and Brawl. (Also seeming as Snake's explosives or presence didn't bump this game to a Rated T, I honestly do think now the only reason Brawl was Rated T due to the unused battle damage textures and the bleeding Master Hand in SSE).

So I'm just like, get rid of this unnecessary censorship and showcase Mythra in her original form, all the other xenoblade character are so I don't see why she's the exception. Then as I said in a tweet I made on my twitter, I feel like this was made by some SJW on the team that was apart of the group that got triggered by Mythra and Pyra's final design reveals, did this redesign out of spite and it slipped past Sakurai. Speaking of which, this censorship really does look like those crappy fanmade censorships that were being made around that time that were part meme part serious and Nintendo said they won't be censored, they should stick to their gun in that and uncensor Mythra in my opinion.

Pyra was untouched though, thank god.
To comment on the Shulk stuff, there's literally such a big disconnect between male fanservice rules and femal famservice rules its not even funny. Shulk's outfit is skimpy af but nobody seems to care, yet Mythra's boobs exist and everyone ****ing loses their minds. Why do people hate on fanservice anyways? What's the issue with seeing cute girls and boys doing badass ****? I don't get it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
To comment on the Shulk stuff, there's literally such a big disconnect between male fanservice rules and femal famservice rules its not even funny. Shulk's outfit is skimpy af but nobody seems to care, yet Mythra's boobs exist and everyone ****ing loses their minds. Why do people hate on fanservice anyways? What's the issue with seeing cute girls and boys doing badass ****? I don't get it.
Because some people are prudes who want everyone to be sexually repressed due to confusing sexual repression for moral decency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom