• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Guys, I just realized:

What if there's a Siren costume for Mii Gunner?

We can recreate Torna's destruction in Smash with that!

(Oh god, I'm a terrible person. :sadeyes:)

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Guys, I just realized:

What if there's a Siren costume for Mii Gunner?

We can recreate Torna's destruction in Smash with that!

(Oh god, I'm a terrible person. :sadeyes:)

I would think that KOS-MOS could be a Mii Gunner costume but I worry I might offend those who want her in as an actual fighter such as yourself.

Also, WOW! What you spoiler tagged is dark.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Man, this thread is so chill compared to Elma's, you don't see anyone giving X or her flak for no real reason unlike there, where all they do all day is whine about 2's characters, story, worldbuilding or gameplay. When in reality 2 has the best gameplay, arguably characters out of all 3 games and for sure the 2nd best story.

And when someone does talk about Elma here, it's an unbiased and objective statement related to her inclusion to smash, not her game.

Last edited:

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Man, this thread is so chill compared to Elma's, you don't see anyone giving X or her flak for no real reason unlike there, where all they do all day is whine about 2's characters, story, worldbuilding or gameplay. When in reality 2 has the best gameplay, arguably characters out of all 3 games and for sure the 2nd best story.

And when someone does talk about Elma here, it's an unbiased and objective statement related to her inclusion to smash, not her game.
It's rather sad that the Elma thread feels that it went from a decent thread to a protest thread solely because a few people didn't enjoy XC2. There are those who didn't enjoy XCX but they don't go around stating Elma is unworthy of being in smash. Hey, I didn't particularly get into XCX but I wouldn't have minded Elma as a fighter if it happened.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

If I'm being honest, while I definitely support both, a lot of the comments I read on the Elma thread make me feel like that's a bad thing.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I mean if I'm gonna be honest, a Mii Gunner costume seems like it would go to Poppi QT due do the whole shotgun gauntlets thing, that or Poppi QT Pi.

. . .

or we take the best meme to grace our existence and put the Ardainian Soldier as a Mii Gunner.

I can't really say anything on the whole Elma you guys are talking about due to the fact I've never checked the Elma thread, all I know is that I wouldn't have minded her inclusion and I liked X, just not as much as 1 or 2.

But hey, at least none of you wanted Mumkhar and made a thread for him a few days before the Simon and K Rool direct dropped... that was hard dealing with due to my friends laughing st me.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
The only problem that I have with the some of the Elma fanbase is that some of them want her in just so that Rex/Pyra aren't in. That kind of stuff triggers me.
Same. I know Xenoblade 2 isn't everyone's cup of tea, but not wanted someone in just because you didn't like their game feels kind of... petty.

IDK Fanbases fighting amongst themselves always felt kind of pointless to me.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Oh, this is interesting. A match on Gaur Plains but with the XC2 battle theme playing. Interestingly enough, the song starts at the climax despite the song starting normally in the Direct.

But this also clarifies Sakurai's wording. See, i thought that the music came with the Rex costume, much like how the Inkling trophy came with the Inkling costume in Smash 4. But now we know that XC2 music is already in the game.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
The only problem that I have with the some of the Elma fanbase is that some of them want her in just so that Rex/Pyra aren't in. That kind of stuff triggers me.
Wow. I'm a huge Elma supporter, but if I had to choose between the two it would easily be Rex and Pyra. I was expecting Elma to be base roster and Rex to be DLC - I wouldn't want Elma to take that slot away from Rex. As much as I loved X, I love XC2 more.

Same. I know Xenoblade 2 isn't everyone's cup of tea, but not wanted someone in just because you didn't like their game feels kind of... petty.

IDK Fanbases fighting amongst themselves always felt kind of pointless to me.
I can understand it to a degree, given the large difference between X and XC2. But 'fighting' over it is stupid. It achieves nothing.
That being said, I was feeling kind of salty when the rumours about Steve were going around. I wouldn't berate somebody for wanting that, though.

Oh, this is interesting. A match on Gaur Plains but with the XC2 battle theme playing. Interestingly enough, the song starts at the climax despite the song starting normally in the Direct.

But this also clarifies Sakurai's wording. See, i thought that the music came with the Rex costume, much like how the Inkling trophy came with the Inkling costume in Smash 4. But now we know that XC2 music is already in the game.
It's very interesting. Not just the fact that there is XC2 music in the base game, but that there are spirits and costumes in the base too, AND that Sakurai dedicated specific time to show Xenoblade 2 content in the direct, which he didn't do for, say, Metal Gear or Sonic.

Given the limited amount of tracks (2 being battle themes and 1 being the less good UM encounter), I can't help but think that Sakurai is holding back. Making the Rex costume a pre-order bonus, but having all this other stuff in the game from the get go and you only pick 3 tracks from a phenomenal soundtrack? And you don't even have the Gormott theme in there!?
It just screams to me 'dlc music pack' to come with Rex and Pyra.

It's hard not to get my hopes up for Rex and Pyra - I have to keep remembering that the roster we have is already magnificent - but they would make it perfect for me.

Last edited:

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
It also helps that in this game, Music tracks are based on series rather than individual stages. So if Rex DLC was happening, Those tracks would able to be played on the XC2 stage. Also XC1 music would be able to play on said stage. And finally the DLC music tracks for XC2 would be able to be played on Gaur Plain as well. Also XCX music if any would be able to play on either stage.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Hi, while I can only speak for myself I would have loved to see both Elma (my most wanted) and Rex and Pyra join Smash. I love both XCX and XC2, and I would also love Addam and Mythra as an echo.
But sadly after Sakurai words I just can't see them happening, at least in this initial Pass. If they happen then great, but for now I don't want to delude myself.

About Elma's fanbase I think that the people who didn't like XC2 are the ones who don't want/care Rex and Pyra in TBH. I've not seen somebody just saying that they don't want a XC2 rep just because.
Also among us Elma's fans there is also this desire to maje all the XCX haters that call it a "badly executed spin off" or "the black sheep of the franchise" realize that it is a great game, just different from their favourite, and that both styles can coexist in and out of Smash.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
It also helps that in this game, Music tracks are based on series rather than individual stages. So if Rex DLC was happening, Those tracks would able to be played on the XC2 stage. Also XC1 music would be able to play on said stage. And finally the DLC music tracks for XC2 would be able to be played on Gaur Plain as well. Also XCX music if any would be able to play on either stage.
Its an odd omission that there doesn't appear to be any music tracks from X in this game. Even if Elma wasn't planned to be in the game as base/dlc, why would you not add more music for the Xeno series? It has a huge library of suitable tracks, and from what I can see, the only new tracks are the 3 from XC2. I don't get it. Maybe Sakurai only cared for XC2?

But yeah, I am glad that all tracks from a series will play on that series' stage. If we do get an Argentum or World Tree stage, we'll have a whole host of tracks. I'm really hoping for Counterattack and Incoming.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Hi, while I can only speak for myself I would have loved to see both Elma (my most wanted) and Rex and Pyra join Smash. I love both XCX and XC2, and I would also love Addam and Mythra as an echo.
But sadly after Sakurai words I just can't see them happening, at least in this initial Pass. If they happen then great, but for now I don't want to delude myself.

About Elma's fanbase I think that the people who didn't like XC2 are the ones who don't want/care Rex and Pyra in TBH. I've not seen somebody just saying that they don't want a XC2 rep just because.
Also among us Elma's fans there is also this desire to maje all the XCX haters that call it a "badly executed spin off" or "the black sheep of the franchise" realize that it is a great game, just different from their favourite, and that both styles can coexist in and out of Smash.
The overall problem is that Xenoblade fanbase has become a mess since X released.

I was part of of the original Shulk thread here, but that group has pretty much split up, because you had some X fanboys and fangirls that would make your life miserable if you just said you prefered the original or if you had a different oppinion of that game, like pointing some flaws like for example how the party system was handled. People in our group where literrally were becoming affraid to post their opinions regarding X, because you where guaranteed to get hostile reactions.

Not claiming the Elma thread is like this, but those rotten apples for sure helped tainting the image of X further in our private group that was founded in the Shulk thread.

On a sidenote I would not mind it if Elma gets in

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The overall problem is that Xenoblade fanbase has become a mess since X released.

I was part of of the original Shulk thread here, but that group has pretty much split up, because you had some X fanboys and fangirls that would make your life miserable if you just said you prefered the original or if you had a different oppinion of that game, like pointing some flaws like for example how the party system was handled. People in our group where literrally were becoming affraid to post their opinions regarding X, because you where guaranteed to get hostile reactions.

Not claiming the Elma thread is like this, but those rotten apples for sure helped tainting the image of X further in our private group that was founded in the Shulk thread.

On a sidenote I would not mind it if Elma gets in
While I get what you are saying blaming the toxicity of some members of the Xenoblade fanbase on X is just unfair.

Every game is going to have rotten apples among its fans, and that includes fans of both XC and XC2 who actively attacked people who legitimaly think XCX is a good game worthy of being part of the series instead of being "just a spin off, and a mistake".
Seeing those people still around even all these years after all these years and the release of XC2 (which should prove that those are two separated sub series, like Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X) is tiring to say the least.

D

Deleted member

Looking at you, Monado Hell...

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
While I get what you are saying blaming the toxicity of some members of the Xenoblade fanbase on X is just unfair.

Every game is going to have rotten apples among its fans, and that includes fans of both XC and XC2 who actively attacked people who legitimaly think XCX is a good game worthy of being part of the series instead of being "just a spin off, and a mistake".
Seeing those people still around even all these years after all these years and the release of XC2 (which should prove that those are two separated sub series, like Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X) is tiring to say the least.
I should have formulated that better then, but my point was the fanbase went to hell when X released, because of how different X was, thats when the fan wars basically started.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Given the limited amount of tracks (2 being battle themes and 1 being the less good UM encounter), I can't help but think that Sakurai is holding back.
Its an odd omission that there doesn't appear to be any music tracks from X in this game. Even if Elma wasn't planned to be in the game as base/dlc, why would you not add more music for the Xeno series? It has a huge library of suitable tracks, and from what I can see, the only new tracks are the 3 from XC2. I don't get it. Maybe Sakurai only cared for XC2?
Again, do we actually know that the tracks we saw were the only ones? We already know more music is bought from the Shop so i don't know where people are getting that the songs we saw are the only ones there.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So with Rex as a mii fighter(same with Nia), I was wondering, if for some reason that stops rex's chances at being DLC... it doesn't hurt Pyra and Mythra's chances. How would you guys feel about a Playable Pyra with a Mythra transformation(basically just changes the elements of her attacks or a full trnasformation like pokemon trainer)?

And I noticed we don't have a Pyra/Mythra support thread, so would you guys mind if I make one tommorow?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan."
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282

Well, the selection for Smash Bros DLC has been decided. After this I can't see them confirming any characters until they're ready for reveal, so no news is good news from here on out. The only question worth asking now is "Did Nintendo decide to include Rex [or whoever else] as a fighter?"

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It'd be an odd choice, but I'd love solo Pyra/Mythra. I loved all of the cutscenes where Pyra fought by herself (I also just in general liked Blades fighting by themself) and Pyra was my preferred character out of the Rex/Pyra duo.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing a few people on the Smash Discussion thread say that Rex and Pyra are deconfirmed due to Sakurai's latest tweets and I think that's exactly the opposite of what's going on. This tweet means that Sakurai has finished deciding the DLC line up. Meaning that it wasn't decided in 2015 or sometime early like many people thought. Also Nintendo is choosing the newcomers this time which means most of their choses will likely be 1st party. Also based on his tweet Sakurai is not being given just five characters, he is getting a selection which he chooses from. This is good because Sakurai actually really likes Xenoblade, meaning if he had the chance he would likely give them an additional rep. All this comes down too, is if Nintendo gave Sakurai a Xenoblade option. It would likely not be Elma because her game is on the Wii U and no port is being developed or considered as of right now. So it would need to be Xenoblade 2 if anything or possibly Torna. The main problem is if Nintendo is deciding based on future installments or just anything related to Nintendo and if Sakurai's statement in the direct related to him already just recently learning the DLC line up beforehand. Though his tweet said "now" so it probably wasn't fully decided. Overall, this benefits Rex and Pyra or any Xenoblade 2 character for Smash and this is a good thing.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Sakurai basically made Rex trending by including him as a costume, which he could then use as justification to include him. Must feel nice being the only fanbase Sakurai has ever apologized to and still get your most wanted in.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Just read the news about his tweet, yes, this sounds very promising:
- It's basically confirmed that DLC just finished being decided recently (give or take a month or two).
- Xenoblade 2 has become a sleeper hit of the Switch and it has sold as of now 1.5Million copies.
- The game itself has won an award for excellency in Japan, so Nintendo probably has it on their radar.
- Nintendo will more than likely want to market their latest games, it's a smart business move.
- His only competition may be ARMS, Kirby or DK all of which may be in too without pushing his inclusion
- Sakurai is the one who decides in the end if it's possible to make a fighter, and he loves XC2

Let's go

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Considering that Xenoblade 2 was a great success (even now, it's among the top 10 best selling Switch games) and how much Nintendo was promoting it in the days leading up to it's release and after, and a continous stream of fantastic DLC that ended in September meant that it was on Nintendo's radar for a long while.

Best part? Sakurai praised the game and i felt a genuine apology from him in the Direct for not being able to include Rex in the base game.

Machete

Smash Ace
It'd be an odd choice, but I'd love solo Pyra/Mythra. I loved all of the cutscenes where Pyra fought by herself (I also just in general liked Blades fighting by themself) and Pyra was my preferred character out of the Rex/Pyra duo.
I'd prefer that as well but Rex with them would be a more unique playstyle and a much more realistic scenario, which is why I want him in.

And yeah, that tweet certainly seems to say how the DLC lineup was just recently finished, which, again, good news for the Xenoblade 2 peoples. I would hope the dlc lineup includes new Nintendo characters like Octolings (pls), an ARMS character, and certainly Rex&Pyra. This probably further kills the possibilities of older fan choices though, which sucks.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Yeah, I'd say the recent news does mean Rex with Pyra and Mythra have a better chance to get in now.

Personally besides them I'm hoping for Viridi, Dixie Kong, Kamek, and then my top number one pick who I'd say has a great chance on getting in due to the fact Nintendo would want to promote Metroid Prime 4: Sylux.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Again, do we actually know that the tracks we saw were the only ones? We already know more music is bought from the Shop so i don't know where people are getting that the songs we saw are the only ones there.
I was going by the number in the music menu that says how many songs are under the Xeno series, which I think was 11. That being said, it hadn't occurred to me that the song value in the direct might not be the final number of songs. So you're right, there might be more.

Just read the news about his tweet, yes, this sounds very promising:
- It's basically confirmed that DLC just finished being decided recently (give or take a month or two).
- Xenoblade 2 has become a sleeper hit of the Switch and it has sold as of now 1.5Million copies.
- The game itself has won an award for excellency in Japan, so Nintendo probably has it on their radar.
- Nintendo will more than likely want to market their latest games, it's a smart business move.
- His only competition may be ARMS, Kirby or DK all of which may be in too without pushing his inclusion
- Sakurai is the one who decides in the end if it's possible to make a fighter, and he loves XC2

Let's go
I'm quietly confident that one of those confirmed DLC is Rex, based purely on his reception of XC2 and the relevancy of Xenoblade now. I feel that had Ultimate started development after the release of XC2 that Rex would have been a definite for the base roster.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
I already think that the Xenoblade Chronicles series is overdue for a new fighter even if there was the possibility for a XCX character, and that never happened at base roster. I feel the Xenoblade Chronicles series would feel neglected if a XC2 or an XCX character wasn't chosen. And I doubt Nintendo has their eyes on Xenoblade Chronicles X now.

I really don't want to see Shulk the only rep for his series while franchises like Mario and Fire Emblem keep getting reps. Yeah, I know Mario is Nintendo's most important IP but still they should give more fighters to series's that are most in need for it.

The two Nintendo franchises that I feel are most in need of a new fighter are Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Luckily in whatever next interview or Famitsu column Sakurai has, he'll explain more on the Rex situation. I just want to know more about the dlc characters because all the rumors have made me decide not to buy it until I see what I'm getting. I still belive Rex is a frontrunner, but who the hell knows at this point.

I just want Pyra and Mythra, damnit.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Xenoblade threads have usually been chill. In the old Shulk one, most people talked about the actual game. Not sure about the Elma there but, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised there are people that are there for the fact they thought she was likely rather than they are fans of the series. Just a guess though.

As far as Rex being in Smash, the news helps him. It sounds like this DLC was just decided (at least the final list was) and the costume was likely made far earlier. Seeing as XC2 likely beat expectations and the character is popular in Japan, I think he has a good shot.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Xenoblade threads have usually been chill. In the old Shulk one, most people talked about the actual game. Not sure about the Elma there but, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised there are people that are there for the fact they thought she was likely rather than they are fans of the series. Just a guess though.

As far as Rex being in Smash, the news helps him. It sounds like this DLC was just decided (at least the final list was) and the costume was likely made far earlier. Seeing as XC2 likely beat expectations and the character is popular in Japan, I think he has a good shot.
I actually misread the tweet that Sakurai sent out - the fact that Nintendo finalised this list is very important. This makes me think most of the characters in the fighter pass will be based around planned releases and promoting well performing franchises. They would be mad to ignore Xenoblade 2. A mii costume just doesn't cut it. It's a nice thing to tide us over and I appreciate that XC2 has some representation in Smash given the timing of Ultimate's development, but Nintendo surely wouldn't miss the opportunity to push Xenoblade in the same way they can push Fire Emblem in the greatest Smash (roster wise) to date.

I have a lot of faith in them being DLC now. That being said, I can also imagine another Fire Emblem or Pokemon rep from their upcoming games being announced. I love Fire Emblem and all, but that would be a bit of a kick.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I actually misread the tweet that Sakurai sent out - the fact that Nintendo finalised this list is very important. This makes me think most of the characters in the fighter pass will be based around planned releases and promoting well performing franchises. They would be mad to ignore Xenoblade 2. A mii costume just doesn't cut it. It's a nice thing to tide us over and I appreciate that XC2 has some representation in Smash given the timing of Ultimate's development, but Nintendo surely wouldn't miss the opportunity to push Xenoblade in the same way they can push Fire Emblem in the greatest Smash (roster wise) to date.

I have a lot of faith in them being DLC now. That being said, I can also imagine another Fire Emblem or Pokemon rep from their upcoming games being announced. I love Fire Emblem and all, but that would be a bit of a kick.
Yeah... honestly I've even seen the big fire emblem fans and supporters on YouTube starting to say "No more fire emblem characters guys, we have enough." A gen 8 Pokémon is an obvious thing to expect though I do hope it's the solo grass type fans have been wanting. Otherwise I think it's time for series like Xenoblade and Metroid to shine, along with potentially another third party character or something.

D

Deleted member

Am I on the support list? If i'm not can I be added? Rex would make me hype as hell

Machete

Smash Ace
GameXplain seems full on the Rex, Pyra and Mythra as DLC train. Good. They tend to be suspiciously accurate.

As for the previous discussion, Pokemon might get a new one, and if it's a weird one like Melmetal, I'm on board. Incineroar looks great, but if you do new Pokemon, go crazier, please.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Yeah... honestly I've even seen the big fire emblem fans and supporters on YouTube starting to say "No more fire emblem characters guys, we have enough." A gen 8 Pokémon is an obvious thing to expect though I do hope it's the solo grass type fans have been wanting. Otherwise I think it's time for series like Xenoblade and Metroid to shine, along with potentially another third party character or something.
Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus. These two pretty much made the series get some needed representation. King K. Rool gave the DK series some nice representation as well.

The lone grass type should complete the trinity of the three starter types in the series. Adding another Fire type like Incineroar and Charizard is almost as bad as adding another swordsman in Fire Emblem, rather than a Major Fire Emblem character that fights with a Lance or Axe.

Even though Rex & Pyra would be both a Fire user and a swordfighter. The fact that they would fight as a duo would be the true reason to make them special. Rex also has the potential to be able to Tether Recover like ZSS, Simon and Lucas from his art in his own game (Anchor Shot).

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus. These two pretty much made the series get some needed representation. King K. Rool gave the DK series some nice representation as well.

The lone grass type should complete the trinity of the three starter types in the series. Adding another Fire type like Incineroar and Charizard is almost as bad as adding another swordsman in Fire Emblem, rather than a Major Fire Emblem character that fights with a Lance or Axe.

Even though Rex & Pyra would be both a Fire user and a swordfighter. The fact that they would fight as a duo would be the true reason to make them special. Rex also has the potential to be able to Tether Recover like ZSS, Simon and Lucas from his art in his own game (Anchor Shot).
The Affinity System would also be interesting, and the possible switching of character too if they want to include Mythra. Hell, they could add different blades into his moveset like KOS-MOS or Roc(Though that would take a lot of work and I don't think they will go that far.)

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Good chance. Rex is actually pretty popular in Japan and I'm sure Nintendo has some internal polls showing this. I'm also sure both XC2 and the Season Pass blew past Nintendo expectations.

On Pokemon and FE, I think thats just head cannon. We don't have any idea what Nintendo will choose and if they have done any research, they'd know Pokemon and FE aren't going to light any fires. There are also other titles Nintendo has in the works for 2019 we don't know about yet. We could possibly see a character from a game we don't know about yet.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

I say add Sylux due to the fact he represents modern Metroid villains and story telling, plus Nintendo is gonna want to promote Metroid Prime 4 a lot, and seeming as he's 99.9% the main antagonist or plays a major role in the game it'd make sense to include him, while I am glad with what we got now for Metroid, Sylux would be the icing on the cake. DK has three reps which I say is still not represented all that well when we got fire emblem with seven characters. Personally all I'm asking for is Dixie to finish off the RARE DKC characters that were playable (that people mostly liked and didn't forget like Kiddy Kong.) then just Cranky, after all he's the OG DK, the original Nintendo villain, without him antagonizing Mario and Pauline we'd never have the characters we have today.

But I'm not gonna get into that stuff any further since I don't wish to cause any unnecessary drama when I'm also a Rex supporter, don't want to start any infighting over the fact I also support other characters as well. (Which I kinda did in the Kamek thread, trying to defend third party villains being able to get into smash for whatever reason, but as I said not getting into that.)

Other than me slightly going off there I agree on the Pokémon stuff, and if we do for some reason get hey another FE rep, please don't be a sword fighter, there's so many other classes to pick from and Robin is only a peek at the potential of non-sword fighters.

Personally though, I do see Rex working in a reverse Pokémon trainer type of way, he in the battle while his blades are in the back switching about. I'd personally be fine with just Pyra and Mythra, Pyra for damage, Mythra for knockback. But seeming as Rex's main gimmick in XBC2 is basically having four blades, five if you count Pneuma who I see as a final smash, we could throw Roc and Nia (or Wulfric since when we get to resonate with him it's a 50-50 chance we put him on Nia or Rex). Though we'd probably only get him with Pyra, Mythra, and Pneuma since well... for one Roc (and by extension Aegeaon) were basically forgotten and lost all story relevancy after resonating with them (which is kinda sad tbh) and two some people would rather Nia be her own character or an assist trophy. Then I guess for Wulfric it's simple as while we do get his core crystal canonically we don't know who he resonates with canonically or if at all.

Top Bottom