• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Having now put some hundreds of hours into the game I want to give a take. Im sure a bunch of ideas here were already discussed to death but I wanted to leave my own take too even if its a bit similar to others.

For starters: my choice for a stage would be Uraya, very beautiful, unique and iconic. Gormott is also great but too similar to Gaur Plains, Lethteria would look great too but I think that Uraya is more unique if you go with the Stomach. Nia, Morag, Zeke, Tora and their blades would be watching in the background.

For the blade mechanic, Pyra/Mythra would be connected by the blue line representing affinity, either behind him or like the trainer behind the stage. Stay close to her long enough and the affinity goes up, move quickly away and the line breaks and then recharges again when she catches up. I wouldnt include other blades because Pyra/Mytrha already has a swtich mechanic of her own and the other blades would change the entire moveset along, making it too complex, while their switch can still change his moveset but in a less extreme way. Having the switch between Pyra/Mythra only also makes the final smash quite the obvious green-haired spoiler too. I dont like the ideas in the op of including other character's moves into the fray both because it would get too complex but also because it would feel too random or forced when Rex already has a lot going on for him as is.

Up b would be anchor shot: he already uses it like that both when salvaging and in cutscenes so it wouldnt be weird that you could hit a platform or a wall and push yourself to it. You could also add the "topple" mechanic if he hits the opponent when in a certain state, making it fall down (or maybe like Mewtwo's confusion).

Down b would be the Pyra/Mythra switch, while side-B would simply be one of the 3 remaining arts he has with the Aegis while the remaining 2 would go for his smash attacks.

B would be the blade special. The gauge would be close to Rex percent like in the op moveset, and would go up to the four levels as he accumulates hits. It would do nothing without filling first but getting to the first level would be very easy and quick to make up for it. The special will be the Pyra or Mythra one depending on who she switched to, she would also use her blade arts independently.

So that would make quite the complex character (affinity mechanic, blade specials and its gauge, blade switch, blade arts, topple) but without overdoing it like if we included element orbs or other characters in the mix. I think its a character that would be fun to play while repping well the game.

For the spirit board, bring in the ones already in the game and add in one of the later versions of Poppi as an enhancement spirit, Dromarch, Brighid, Jin and Malos, maybe Roc too.

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Could be a decision from nintendo. Or Sakurai thought that the unique concept of arms would provide an unique character with an really unique gamestyle. Which turned out to be true. Althought we got quite a lot of "distance demons" lately.
Nintendo decided before ARMS even released that it would be their next Splatoon and to this day still won't admit that things didn't go the way they would've liked. They'd prefer to just make it artificially relevant (see ARMS tournaments dominating official streamed Nintendo events for years even though no one enjoyed watching them) in the same way they released Pikmin 3 figurines, trading cards, (paid) animated shorts, etc. as if they were capitalizing on a craze rivaling that of mid-90s Pokémon. They're very invested in making internally developed Nintendo games seem popular, including through an infamously restrictive Switch user icon selection featuring 10+ ARMS icons instead of ones people actually want where Nintendo is effectively gaslighting their audience.

Last edited:

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is effectively gaslighting their audience.
You not personally liking or caring about something you dont play =/= nobody doing so. Numbers say otherwise these two series sold quite well for what they are, these may be no pokemon, but to go on ther other extreme and lie to people that "nobody" cares about them because you personally dont is what gaslighting can be defined as here. Thus, dont gaslight the other users. This reminds me of how every smash reveal, even someone iconic as Sephiroth is met with furious "whos this irrelevant not iconic nobody, nobody asked this, where MY niche pick that didnt make it yet". We need to learn the distinction between not liking something and no one in the world liking it (and no, not making pokemon/AC numbers isnt a flop neither here nor in the depths of Temperantia).

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
That said, I would like a few more options for the icons. No Rex, Aegis girls, or even FE.

And for the most part you may be right about Seph being iconic, but that said people may also overestimate him at times to the point of apparently being surprised that people didn't instantly recognize who it was by his theme. It can go both ways. Not saying he's not popular, but maybe not to the extent some believe.

Last edited:

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
That said, I would like a few more options for the icons. No Rex, Aegis girls, or even FE.

And for the most part you may be right about Seph being iconic, but that said people may also overestimate him at times to the point of apparently being surprised that people didn't instantly recognize who it was by his theme. It can go both ways. Not saying he's not popular, but maybe not to the extent some believe.
Sephiroth is one of the most iconic villains in gaming by a far margin, to the point people who dont play FF know of him. You dont need to know him, but people arent wrong in understanding he's popular and iconic, so thats on you.

He would also be a good spirit battle for both Jin and Malos, way less so the later since it would probably be Shulk but it would still fit.

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
You not personally liking or caring about something you dont play =/= nobody doing so. Numbers say otherwise these two series sold quite well for what they are, these may be no pokemon, but to go on ther other extreme and lie to people that "nobody" cares about them because you personally dont is what gaslighting can be defined as here. Thus, dont gaslight the other users. This reminds me of how every smash reveal, even someone iconic as Sephiroth is met with furious "whos this irrelevant not iconic nobody, nobody asked this, where MY niche pick that didnt make it yet". We need to learn the distinction between not liking something and no one in the world liking it (and no, not making pokemon/AC numbers isnt a flop neither here nor in the depths of Temperantia).
The sales figures literally reinforce my point when you consider how little enthusiasm there is relative. ARMS is a game a lot of people bought, but also one that the majority of owners grew bored of impressively quickly (look at your friends list!) and had two words defining its online discourse: buyer's remorse. If there's success to be found there it's in Nintendo making ARMS look good before people played it, a result inconsistent with the timeless legendary property status Nintendo is applying to ARMS without subtlety.

I'm curious to see how an ARMS 2 faithful to the original would do. Assuming Nintendo is committed to truly putting their money where their mouth is.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The sales figures literally reinforce my point when you consider how little enthusiasm there is relative. ARMS is a game a lot of people bought, but also one that the majority of owners grew bored of impressively quickly (look at your friends list!) and had two words defining its online discourse: buyer's remorse. If there's success to be found there it's in Nintendo making ARMS look good before people played it, a result inconsistent with the timeless legendary property status Nintendo is applying to ARMS without subtlety.

I'm curious to see how an ARMS 2 faithful to the original would do. Assuming Nintendo is committed to truly putting their money where their mouth is.
The way Nintendo marketed ARMS isn't much different than how pretty much every other big fighting game is marketed these days. Players leaving in droves after launch is also not an unusual occurrence for the genre; these games thrive off a playerbase dedicated to improving themselves against one another, and if you don't have this fairly uncommon trait, there isn't much else they can offer to convince you to stay. Any amount of modes they try to offer more often than not boils down to playing the same kind of matches over and over, with maybe some tweaks and stipulations.

Even so, Nintendo giving every chance possible for the game to do well, especially an untested property, is something to be admired regardless of outcome, not mocked. Or do you think a franchise like Metroid is undeserving of it's clout simply due to its "relatively unimpressive" sales numbers?

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Could be a decision from nintendo. Or Sakurai thought that the unique concept of arms would provide an unique character with an really unique gamestyle. Which turned out to be true. Althought we got quite a lot of "distance demons" lately.
I get your point and do really love how Min Min plays but Rex also has some really unique moveset options too.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Sephiroth is one of the most iconic villains in gaming by a far margin, to the point people who dont play FF know of him. You dont need to know him, but people arent wrong in understanding he's popular and iconic, so thats on you.

He would also be a good spirit battle for both Jin and Malos, way less so the later since it would probably be Shulk but it would still fit.
He is, I'm not denying he's popular, and a lot of gamers know him, but expecting him to be immediately recognized by his song? I know him, but I spend a lot of time with this stuff too. I would at least know almost everyone they would pick probably. What I'm saying is he can be overhyped just as he can be underhyped. You can know him and not recognized the first four notes of his theme immediately. And it's not like he's Mario here who even a good portion of non-gamers probably know.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
reinforce
This user keeps trying to gaslight other users about the sales figures with misinfo and info bending, no they dont reinforce his "point", both arms and pikmin are big sellers for mid series and deserve their push just like how a magnificent series like Xenoblade deserves it too. I pointed how you cant compare to the big ones as if the world is made of Mario and Zelda and yet you doubled down on the objective lie? Thats bad.

I hope no one falls for this gaslighting. To anyone thinking Im exagerating, look at his pikmin card argument: he unironically thinks if a series is not like pokemon the company shouldnt do any marketing or extra material, danm if so then nothing else can get a card game or a cartoon, because Pokemon is the worlds biggest media franchise. Imagine what a boring world where anything thats not making that level of numbers is considered "bad" sales and scrapped?

Even great series like Xenoblade would be gone now because the first game had a limited release and low sales compared to later entries.

Isnt it ironic? Xenoblade 2, one of the greatest switch games would not exist had nintendo followed the "logic" of a person who claims now to be a XC2 so much he has an avatar from the game. Your beloved Kasandra WOULD NOT EXIST had they followed your own logic on how to treat their series, isnt that ironic?
(and gaslighting will not make them hate the games you never played just because you do, this aint a series competition)

The way Nintendo marketed ARMS isn't much different than how pretty much every other big fighting game is marketed these days. Players leaving in droves after launch is also not an unusual occurrence for the genre; these games thrive off a playerbase dedicated to improving themselves against one another, and if you don't have this fairly uncommon trait, there isn't much else they can offer to convince you to stay. Any amount of modes they try to offer more often than not boils down to playing the same kind of matches over and over, with maybe some tweaks and stipulations.

Even so, Nintendo giving every chance possible for the game to do well, especially an untested property, is something to be admired regardless of outcome, not mocked. Or do you think a franchise like Metroid is undeserving of it's clout simply due to its "relatively unimpressive" sales numbers?
You are absolutely right. Also we are better off without people trying to do fanbase wars because they think other series existing are enemy soccer teams. These are games, we can like whichever we want. I saw this with a manga fan group once too: they saw Jump marketing a new series got super defensive and aggressive and started to **** on it without reading it like that user has a blind hate boner against pikmin and arms, except Jump always markets their newest hits and did so with all other newer hits, it wasnt competing with their one series they liked. I think they are narcisists who think the world is about them and cant picture people liking what they like but also liking what they dont know, because it makes no sense otherwise.

Lets not be like that and instead look for great discussion about what a great choice Rex can ben.

He is, I'm not denying he's popular, and a lot of gamers know him, but expecting him to be immediately recognized by his song?
Its fair not to know him, or the song, but Mario is a bad comparision. If we go by the likes of videogame niche, the character is up there with Eggman, and the song is a very iconic one, as in a random person wont know but a person with the hobby probably will at least have heard of. Nothing wrong with not knowing it, my point being only that the idea of "overhyping" is wrong as Im sure when people tell you its an iconic character, is in the sphere of classic game icons, not on the sphere of Mario and Mickey, as that would be overkill.

Last edited:

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo decided before ARMS even released that it would be their next Splatoon and to this day still won't admit that things didn't go the way they would've liked. They'd prefer to just make it artificially relevant (see ARMS tournaments dominating official streamed Nintendo events for years even though no one enjoyed watching them) in the same way they released Pikmin 3 figurines, trading cards, (paid) animated shorts, etc. as if they were capitalizing on a craze rivaling that of mid-90s Pokémon. They're very invested in making internally developed Nintendo games seem popular, including through an infamously restrictive Switch user icon selection featuring 10+ ARMS icons instead of ones people actually want where Nintendo is effectively gaslighting their audience.
Well Arms sold more units then XC2 .... and has only 5 points less on metacritic. So I dont think its counts as a failure. Probably not as huge an sucess as splatoon (where the world went crazy after) but nintendo where seamingly quite happy with the XC Sale numbers.... and i dont think that it has a higher budget then XC2. The continuing support with tournaments etc is most likely because an Arms 2 is in the making.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This user keeps trying to gaslight other users about the sales figures with misinfo and info bending, no they dont reinforce his "point", both arms and pikmin are big sellers for mid series and deserve their push just like how a magnificent series like Xenoblade deserves it too. I pointed how you cant compare to the big ones as if the world is made of Mario and Zelda and yet you doubled down on the objective lie? Thats bad.

I hope no one falls for this gaslighting. To anyone thinking Im exagerating, look at his pikmin card argument: he unironically thinks if a series is not like pokemon the company shouldnt do any marketing or extra material, danm if so then nothing else can get a card game or a cartoon, because Pokemon is the worlds biggest media franchise. Imagine what a boring world where anything thats not making that level of numbers is considered "bad" sales and scrapped?

Even great series like Xenoblade would be gone now because the first game had a limited release and low sales compared to later entries.

Isnt it ironic? Xenoblade 2, one of the greatest switch games would not exist had nintendo followed the "logic" of a person who claims now to be a XC2 so much he has an avatar from the game. Your beloved Kasandra WOULD NOT EXIST had they followed your own logic on how to treat their series, isnt that ironic?
(and gaslighting will not make them hate the games you never played just because you do, this aint a series competition)

You are absolutely right. Also we are better off without people trying to do fanbase wars because they think other series existing are enemy soccer teams. These are games, we can like whichever we want. I saw this with a manga fan group once too: they saw Jump marketing a new series got super defensive and aggressive and started to **** on it without reading it like that user has a blind hate boner against pikmin and arms, except Jump always markets their newest hits and did so with all other newer hits, it wasnt competing with their one series they liked. I think they are narcisists who think the world is about them and cant picture people liking what they like but also liking what they dont know, because it makes no sense otherwise.

Lets not be like that and instead look for great discussion about what a great choice Rex can ben.

Its fair not to know him, or the song, but Mario is a bad comparision. If we go by the likes of videogame niche, the character is up there with Eggman, and the song is a very iconic one, as in a random person wont know but a person with the hobby probably will at least have heard of. Nothing wrong with not knowing it, my point being only that the idea of "overhyping" is wrong as Im sure when people tell you its an iconic character, is in the sphere of classic game icons, not on the sphere of Mario and Mickey, as that would be overkill.
The only thing I've really heard people not recognize in the trailer was his "Safer Sephiroth" form at the end, which is more understandable as it does not show up much outside it's game of origin.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Well Arms sold more units then XC2 .... and has only 5 points less on metacritic. So I dont think its counts as a failure. Probably not as huge an sucess as splatoon (where the world went crazy after) but nintendo where seamingly quite happy with the XC Sale numbers.... and i dont think that it has a higher budget then XC2. The continuing support with tournaments etc is most likely because an Arms 2 is in the making.
That and the fact that the trailer had Min Min's human form, which we haven't seen before, also makes me think that Arms 2 is probably in development.
Xenoblade 2 is an amazing game and Rex is one of my most wanteds but us calling Arms a failure is very much throwing bricks in glass houses.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Xenoblade got its equivalent of the ARMS inclusion back in Smash 4. And despite XB2 and ARMS' similar circumstances prior to Ultimate's release, the motives for their inclusion as DLC would be very different. An XB2 inclusion would be more of a fan pick at this point than anything else.
I do think part of it is Nintendo wanting ARMS to be more than it already is, which I guess means they're pleased with XB2's performance and don't see a reason to push it further. Maybe pushing it further would increase XB's success exponentially, but they don't care to find out. This is the same company that has let dozens of franchises fall by the wayside so it's merely disappointing and not surprising.
It's also possible that all 11 DLC fighters were decided before release (considering stuff like Sephiroth coming with the FF7 content everyone would've expected in the base game) and that 'fan picks' for Fighter Pass 2 based off what couldn't be in the base game and Fighter Pass 1 were never an option. ...Other than Sephiroth literally being a price tag on what should've been in the base game, I mean.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's also possible that all 11 DLC fighters were decided before release (considering stuff like Sephiroth coming with the FF7 content everyone would've expected in the base game) and that 'fan picks' for Fighter Pass 2 based off what couldn't be in the base game and Fighter Pass 1 were never an option. ...Other than Sephiroth literally being a price tag on what should've been in the base game, I mean.
I am not sure why they'd bother with Min Min's spirit battle if she was decided to be a fighter at the same time as when that spirit was placed in WoL. They might've even not bothered using Sephiroth as a way to get more FFVII content into the game if less people complained about it or went "lol stingy squenix".

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Xenoblade got its equivalent of the ARMS inclusion back in Smash 4. And despite XB2 and ARMS' similar circumstances prior to Ultimate's release, the motives for their inclusion as DLC would be very different. An XB2 inclusion would be more of a fan pick at this point than anything else.
I do think part of it is Nintendo wanting ARMS to be more than it already is, which I guess means they're pleased with XB2's performance and don't see a reason to push it further. Maybe pushing it further would increase XB's success exponentially, but they don't care to find out. This is the same company that has let dozens of franchises fall by the wayside so it's merely disappointing and not surprising.
Kind of apples and oranges, no? One is a multiplayer-focused fighter whose plot, although fleshed out just enough to have a base to move forward, is largely unnecessary to enjoy the game, and also depends on an active playerbase to be fully enjoyable, so keeping attention on it as long as possible is in the game's best interest. The other is a single-player RPG driven by a huge story that excessive marketing risks venturing into spoiler territory for. In terms of post-launch support, XB2 probably has ARMS beat in scope, which is plenty impressive in it's own right.

I.D.

Smash Lord
As easy as it is to fall into pessimism and bitterness towards Nintendo, I still don't think they would completely skip Monolith Soft in Smash Ultimate in terms of meaningful content*. Especially when even in Smash 4 back when they were far smaller and less important than they are now we got Shulk and even cutesy stuff like a great musical remix of a Baten Kaitos track of all things. Let's just wait for the rest of the reveals before declaring holy war lol.

*By meaningful I mean content that actually requires work and effort put into it. Taking already made artworks and songs and putting them in the game unchanged isn't really any extra work for the Smash team, and I can get those just by playing the original games (the Nia and Rex costumes are blatantly just shrunk versions of XB2 models btw). In case they actually completely skip them after 6 years of development of base game and DLC though... I admit I'd probably stop supporting Smash altogether, as petty as it sounds.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
As easy as it is to fall into pessimism and bitterness towards Nintendo, I still don't think they would completely skip Monolith Soft in Smash Ultimate in terms of meaningful content*. Especially when even in Smash 4 back when they were far smaller and less important than they are now we got Shulk and even cutesy stuff like a great musical remix of a Baten Kaitos track of all things. Let's just wait for the rest of the reveals before declaring holy war lol.

*By meaningful I mean content that actually requires work and effort put into it. Taking already made artworks and songs and putting them in the game unchanged isn't really any extra work for the Smash team, and I can get those just by playing the original games (the Nia and Rex costumes are blatantly just shrunk versions of XB2 models btw). In case they actually completely skip them after 6 years of development of base game and DLC though... I admit I'd probably stop supporting Smash altogether, as petty as it sounds.
This reminds me that I STILL don't know who owns the rights to Baten Kaitos...

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888

Isnt it ironic? Xenoblade 2, one of the greatest switch games would not exist had nintendo followed the "logic" of a person who claims now to be a XC2 so much he has an avatar from the game.
Why would less unconditional bias favoring EPD games in Nintendo's marketing cause Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to not exist...?

Well Arms sold more units then XC2 .... and has only 5 points less on metacritic. So I dont think its counts as a failure.
See the post I made after. Before sales numbers really mean anything for a new IP/genre, you have to look at players' conclusive thoughts on the concept they were the first-ever audience for and think about what their general attitude may be to it continuing. There are plenty of games that sell a lot immediately upon release but ultimately turn out to be overhyped/controversial and fail to secure anything resembling a loyal following. It's why a lot of JRPG series are successful you think otherwise wouldn't be based on sales numbers, thanks to the fact that the series has done enough for its relatively niche audience to ensure they return for every new entry.

Arthur97

Smash Master

True. It's too early to say he won't make it, but...I don't know. It makes sense to include him, but not every decision makes sense.

Though, my support with Smash seems to really take a hit with the DLC cycle. Seems to be a trend. Liking the base newcomers pretty well, but the DLC usually isn't that great for me. I liked the start of 4's and Ultimate hasn't been all terrible for me, but...not my favorite.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That and the fact that the trailer had Min Min's human form, which we haven't seen before, also makes me think that Arms 2 is probably in development.
Xenoblade 2 is an amazing game and Rex is one of my most wanteds but us calling Arms a failure is very much throwing bricks in glass houses.
that was more of a result of them misunderstanding ARMS' lore

Rex4Smash

Smash Cadet
You not personally liking or caring about something you dont play =/= nobody doing so.
I don't get why people keep saying "nobody cares" or something similar to that like they speak for the entirety of everyone else. Who do people like that think they are? lol

Last edited:

The_Hypist

Smash Rookie
I am not sure why they'd bother with Min Min's spirit battle if she was decided to be a fighter at the same time as when that spirit was placed in WoL. They might've even not bothered using Sephiroth as a way to get more FFVII content into the game if less people complained about it or went "lol stingy squenix".
This is what makes me doubt that Fighter Pass 2 was “planned from the start” like the first pass. Yes that Mojang employee said that Steve was in talk for five years, but what about ARMS? Plant did not have a spirit in the base game cause he would have a fighter spirit being playable. We got ARMS content in the base game but through Min Min becoming a fighter it got a series icon and her own fighter spirit.

My guess is because they made Springman an AT and if he’s in why not add the other ARMS fighters as spirits. Plus XC2 has missing spirits like Vandham, Amalthus, Lora, Haze, Minoth and everyone related to Torna. I feel like Rex should have a chance if ARMS missed the boat the first time as well.

https://www.nintendosoup.com/decidu...most-made-it-into-smash-bros-ultimate-roster/

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
As it seems that we have now some time before character 4 (As I suspect Sephiroth to come out either directly on the 17 or a week later - therefore ~march until next reveal) I started to make a rough sketch about my idea (which is probably shared by lots of people) about Rex Stage beeing Azurdas Back shipping around the Cloud Sea. (Emphasis placed on "sketch" ... it is not really an work of art 😅)

The Cloud Sea
Alrest1.jpg
So for the basic idea of the map I tried to combine the back of Azurda + Rex House + this Salvaging Crane. After some tries with actual oval shapes (to represent Azurdas back and shoulders) I came to the conclusion thata flat basis is much more enjoyable to fight in as most chars cannot angle moves good enough to compensate the slope - leading to hitting the ground more often then the enemy). Azurda himself therefor was moved to the background. The actual shapes ofc need some work to not be basically a rectangle and some spheres but that will come later.

The plattform shall represent Rex House (together with the blue background). I also tried to cover it in the foreground but that looked silly because it was clearly visible that the wall in the forefront and the plattform are not connected.

Alrest2.jpg

The crane can actually move into the Cloud sea. The sea itself I modelled with high velocity wind panels to get a "swimming effect".

Alrest3.jpg

Yes Azurda still needs some work .... but i run out of "storage" to add more stuff in the background. I am quite sure that I saw much more detailed stages online, but I have no idea how they managed to add so much stuff.

As there are probably much more talented artist out there as my maybe some of you will be inspired to make your own XC2 Map and share it here. I will definetly keep working on it.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Azurda does work. There's a hurdle with the whole, he's probably in Rex's helmet too, but when has that stopped Smash?

My alternative idea is the Olethero (or whatever it's name is) Playhouse. A fairly important location that can still give you a tour of other titans from a distance. Also well suited for character cameos like the Monastery, Spiral Mountain, and KoF Stadium. Core crystals could even be a stage hazard like summons on Midgar.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Azurda does work. There's a hurdle with the whole, he's probably in Rex's helmet too, but when has that stopped Smash?

My alternative idea is the Olethero (or whatever it's name is) Playhouse. A fairly important location that can still give you a tour of other titans from a distance. Also well suited for character cameos like the Monastery, Spiral Mountain, and KoF Stadium. Core crystals could even be a stage hazard like summons on Midgar.
Olethros Playhouse. also a possibility. But wouldnt that be quite big? Or are you sugesting it with runable borders like Garreg Mach Monastery?

Also it is probably not to hard to remove azurda when Rex plays on the stage. They did something similiar with toon link and the spirit train map.

Last edited:

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Why would Rex get into Ultimate? I don't even know who this character is. There are 71 pages in this thread and I'm not reading any of it.

Thanks,
Yashichi

Arthur97

Smash Master
Olethros Playhouse. also a possibility. But wouldnt that be quite big? Or are you sugesting it with runable borders like Garreg Mach Monastery?

Also it is probably not to hard to remove azurda when Rex plays on the stage. They did something similiar with toon link and the spirit train map.
They could adjust size. A bigger stage isn't necessarily bad on it's own (so long as it's big like Temple and not like Great Cave Offensive), but it'd be kinda empty. I imagine they'd add some semisolids. Maybe even have them change periodically to keep it interesting. Would probably be a walk off. Not everyone's favorite, but it works. That, or really big and bowl shaped.

They could, but they usually alter the stage, not the fighter. Still, I don't think it's insurmountable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why would Rex get into Ultimate? I don't even know who this character is. There are 71 pages in this thread and I'm not reading any of it.

Thanks,
Yashichi
On the off chance this isnt a troll.

Learn a bit about him. Rex and the whole Xenoblade franchise is pretty cool.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
On the one hand, that might be a spoiler. But on the other hand, Smash couldn't care less about Xenoblade spoilers...
exactly

Thanks,
Yashichi
why should we care about your clear attempts to bate us. we dont even know who you are

Top Bottom