• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Rex using both Pyra and Mythra would be sweet. It could be something similar to Pokémon Trainer.

Rex could start off with Pyra in the background and he uses different fire arts, and then you could use Down B to switch Pyra with Mythra and use light arts.

Final Smash would obviously be Rex with Pneuma and he just nukes the stage.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Oh, I've spent some time thinking up what they would do.

But, yeah, if it's not them, I doubt it will be XC2.

As for their final Smash, I guess it somewhat determines on how willing they are to spoil (I mean, Lucina's in the game). I would prefer that to just Chain Attack again with XC2 party members. Alternatively, Flame Sword and Sacred Arrow could potentially work as alternatives Hey, if Ken and Ryu each get two, why not give one depending on whether Pyra or Mythra is active? Without some sort of affinity though, I'm not sure what criteria would need to be met to activate a third one.

If they wanted to get even more gimmicky they could have that one be a once per match hyper mode, but if it's that limited it would need to be ridiculously busted and, well, let's not get an even more busted Arsene.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's a moveset I made a while back but changed to be more modern, what with being exposed to new Fighters' mechanics and all.

Unique Mechanic: Affinity: On Rex’s UI, you’ll see one bar split in two widthwise: the top part red with fire, with a stock icon of Pyra, and the bottom part yellow with sparkles, with a stock icon of Mythra. Affinity for the active Blade is built over time by Rex canceling his attacks into other attacks. Rex’s stats gradually get better the higher his Affinity is. However, Affinity degrades over time as well, and each bar is separate, meaning you can't use Pyra's Affinity to use Mythra's Blade Specials or vice versa.

Jab: Rex slashes sideways, then performs a downwards slash, then performs a forward lunge. Based on his auto-attack animation.

Side tilt: Rex performs a double sideways slash. Based on one of the attacks he used on Malos after bonding with Pyra.

Up tilt: Rex lifts the Aegis Sword above himself, the blade ablaze. Based on Cloud's U-tilt.

Down tilt: Rex performs a quick sweep-kick in front of himself.

Dash attack: His Rolling Smash art. Rex flips over himself and smashes the sword in front of him, creating a burst of fire in front of him.

N-air: An upward slash in front of him and a downward slash behind him.

F-air: A drill lunge. This can be used for recovery.

D-air: A plummet. When an opponent is hit, Rex will immediately slash.

B-air: A sword-twirl behind him.

U-air: Rex swings the Aegis Sword over himself, based on Corrin's U-air.

Side smash: Rex poises, then smashes the hilt of the sword in front of him. Based on his art Sword Bash.

Up smash: Rex lunges the sword upwards, similarly to Hero's Up-Smash.

Down smash: Rex performs a sweeping slash around himself, similarly to Shulk.

Grab: Rex grabs the opponent by the scruff of the opponent. He headbutts the opponent for his pummel.

F-throw: Rex places the tip of the Aegis on the opponent’s shoulder, then lunges, making a saw-like attack.

D-throw: Rex places the opponent on their stomach, then jumps onto the opponent, the tip of the Aegis piercing the opponent’s back.

B-throw: Rex places the Aegis Sword's hilt on the opponent’s shoulder and pulls it as if it were a saw.

U-throw: Rex holds the Aegis upright, the hilt touching the ground, and raises it quickly, sending the opponent flying.

Neutral B: Blade Special: Rex will give the Aegis Sword to his active Blade and perform a Blade Special on the opponent. Blade Specials are different depending on the active Blade. Hold the B button to charge a Blade Special, a number appearing on top of Rex as he charges. With each level gained, it takes longer to gain another level. Kirby’s Copy Ability changes based on which Blade is active, similarly to how he gains a different special for each of Pokemon Trainer’s Pokemon. Said Copy Ability is indicated by Kirby carrying either a large red sword or a large white and gold sword. They are as follows:

Pyra:

• Level 1: Flame Nova: A simple burst of fire that damages all opponents in a radius.
  • Level 2: Prominence Revolt: Pyra jumps upwards and stabs the ground with the Aegis Sword, creating a pillar of fire that reaches about a head higher than Arsene. The downward plummet can also meteor smash, making it good for mid-air kill potential.
  • Level 3: Blazing End: Pyra shoots towards an opponent and hits any opponents in range. She will then barrage the opponent with three sword strikes before throwing the Aegis Sword and willing it to hone in on the opponents before spinning in place, hitting 8 times before launching the opponent. This can damage opponents not caught.
Mythra:

• Level 1: Ray of Punishment: Mythra shoots a bolt of light out in front of her, creating an explosion of light similar to Snake’s C4 on impact.
  • Level 2: Photon Edge: Mythra charges with light before shooting forwards. The first opponent hit will be subject to a multi-hit radius of continuous damage that lasts for a few seconds before a final strike that launches the opponent. The radius can also catch other opponents.
  • Level 3: Lightning Buster: Mythra quadruples the size of the Aegis Sword, the slashes three times in front of her. This can hit many opponents and because the attack is faster than one would think, it’s difficult to Perfect Shield it.
Side B: Double Spinning Edge: Rex spins around and propels himself upward, the Aegis outstretched, twice. This can hit both behind him and in front of him. When used in the air, Double Spinning Edge has a more horizontal distance.

Up B: Anchor Shot: Rex holds his hand out and fires his grappling hook at the opponent, dropping one or two HP Potions. If the hook hits, Rex will reel them in and follow up with a slash that sends them flying. Rex can pick up these HP Potions to heal himself, but other opponents can pick them up, too. In the air, the anchor can be used as a tether. It can be used both on the ground or in the air, similarly to Byleth's Up-B.

Down B: Aegis Swap: Pyra swaps out for Mythra. Stat differences are above.

Final Smash: Burning Sword/Sacred Arrow: A Final Smash dependant on the active Blade. If Pyra is active, she and Rex will jump upwards, holding the Aegis Sword together, before slashing downwards and creating an explosion similar to Entei’s Fire Spin, except the blast reaches higher, lasts longer and deals more damage overall. If Mythra is active, she and Rex will shoot a signal from the Aegis Sword, and litter the entire stage with bolts of light similar to PK Starstorm. The difference is that the projectiles are faster and explode on impact with opponents or the stage with a blast similar to the Crash Bomber.

In short, Rex is an aggressive character that takes advantage of his immense range in order to deal damage. He is very versatile thanks to his two Blades Pyra and Mythra, having good damage and kill potential for the former and good combo potential and attack speed for the latter and his Affinity is a handy tool for having a good start in a match. He also has a small hurtbox, making him hard to hit. However, Rex suffers from low mobility and his fair share of weaknesses with either Blade. Pyra makes Rex’s attacks slow and easy to telegraph while Mythra makes Rex’s attacks less damaging and less likely to kill. Additionally, Affinity is individualized, meaning you're keeping track of two separate gauges for one character.

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
It's all speculation, but I doubt they'd start it off with Rex. They need to sell the pass after all.
True, they probably want to start the pass with a third party to generate hype and get people to buy it. But at the same time, if Rex + Aegis are indeed DLC I imagine they want to include them at least somewhere around the release of Xenoblade DE to promote the series as a whole. There's some rumours that it will come out late May, so maybe they'll be the second fighter? Also just speculation of course, but I can see it happening.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I doubt they'll be able to do more than pack 1 by May though. Though, if that presentation was made in November, then they probably had relatively little do do for pack 5, so maybe with the extra time they could do it. Actually, yeah, depending on how they used these past months, it may be doable.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I doubt they'll be able to do more than pack 1 by May though. Though, if that presentation was made in November, then they probably had relatively little do do for pack 5, so maybe with the extra time they could do it. Actually, yeah, depending on how they used these past months, it may be doable.
Question is, though, how far in advance will they announce FP6? I mean, Banjo was announced at E3, but released in September.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
True, they probably want to start the pass with a third party to generate hype and get people to buy it. But at the same time, if Rex + Aegis are indeed DLC I imagine they want to include them at least somewhere around the release of Xenoblade DE to promote the series as a whole. There's some rumours that it will come out late May, so maybe they'll be the second fighter? Also just speculation of course, but I can see it happening.
Considering Sakurai said they needed more time for FP2 and that they had to film Byleth's video earlier due to holiday breaks, I see the next fighter coming April at the very earliest, and E3/June the most likely.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Six months seems like a long time. I kind of doubt it will be that long considering the past time scale for DLC.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Six months seems like a long time. I kind of doubt it will be that long considering the past time scale for DLC.
But we're going to the end of 2021 right? Original DLC pacing was from the start of 2019 to now, I think they'll space them out more. On top of that the first fighter is usually big or surprising to get more pass sales and if they've got a great third-party up their sleeve, E3 would be the place instead of the usual April Direct. Only way I can see April having the first fighter is if its another first party IMO

Arthur97

Smash Master
But we're going to the end of 2021 right? Original DLC pacing was from the start of 2019 to now, I think they'll space them out more. On top of that the first fighter is usually big or surprising to get more pass sales and if they've got a great third-party up their sleeve, E3 would be the place instead of the usual April Direct. Only way I can see April having the first fighter is if its another first party IMO
Not sure they gave a time frame. Two years seems like a ludicrously long time. If they are planning it for that long, they had better have some filler content. Wouldn't mind some stages myself. Might as well go ahead and finish putting every stage in it.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
It said all fighters would be released by the end of 2021. But if you were to release one fighter every 6 months they would finish at the end of 2022 instead, so I don't think June is likely for the first fighter. Plus they announced additional DLC was in development back in September last year, so I think it's a fairly safe bet #6 is pretty far along already.

Also, I imagine putting december 31 2021 as a date is playing it really safe and it's very possible they'll be done sooner than that (this pass will finish a month early too after all).

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense that it would take them that long. Again, unless maybe they're also working on some stages or something which would be nice new or old. Ultimate did come with, what, four new stages?

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I don't think the releases will be every 6 months, but I do think we'll start FP2 at E3. Wouldn't mind being wrong though :p Also really curious about when XC1 remaster is going to release, I have quite a busy second half of the year and won't have much time for games, hoping for a release around May.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
With the announcement of Fighter's Pass Vol 2 and 6 slots open, I would like to throw my support for Rex! After Byleth happened, a lot went through my mind and how their inclusion just skyrocketed 1st and 2nd party candidates again.

I absolutely loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The story was great, the gameplay was stellar and I am still salty I never got KOS-MOS.

With the announcement of the Definitive Edition of the first game, I think we could see Rex being used as a promotion for the game. I have high hopes y'all!

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Add me as another supporter. I love Xenoblade 2, I completed everything in Torna and I'm still playing the main game after 2 years Why can't I still get Kos-Mos??
I already made an idea of what his moveset could be.

My idea for Rex is that he's similar to Pokémon Trainer, except the blade in the background changes when he switches blades.
The three blades would be Pyra, Roc and Nia.

The specials don't change but the normal attacks do.
Pyra: He's a 2 handed sword user with Pyra like Shulk, average speed, great range but average damage and kill power (Like vanilla Shulk).
Roc: A dual scythe user with Roc, has great frame data, speed and range similar to Marth, but poor damage and non-existant kill power outside of Smash attacks.
Nia: Short single hand sword with Nia. Has poor range and is really slow, but his survability increases a lot and his kill power would be great, Smash attacks would heal him if he lands them and they are incredibly strong.

The blades would have recharge time to switch like in XB2 and he would have a special icon in form of the special bar, that it's filled by landing normal attacks, when it's full, it unleashes a special move with a big area. That does more damage and knockback everytime an enemy gets hit by it. To mimic the elemental combos and their devastating effects.

Mythra could appear in the final smash. Because there is really nothing to make her different from Pyra moveset-wise except their strongest special attacks (And 100% art critical recharge rate LUL but that is useless here). And Pneuma is too spoilery to be shown, not that Sakurai cares tho *cough* Fiora *cough*

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Add me as another supporter. I love Xenoblade 2, I completed everything in Torna and I'm still playing the main game after 2 years Why can't I still get Kos-Mos??
I already made an idea of what his moveset could be.

My idea for Rex is that he's similar to Pokémon Trainer, except the blade in the background changes when he switches blades.
The three blades would be Pyra, Roc and Nia.

The specials don't change but the normal attacks do.
Pyra: He's a 2 handed sword user with Pyra like Shulk, average speed, great range but average damage and kill power (Like vanilla Shulk).
Roc: A dual scythe user with Roc, has great frame data, speed and range similar to Marth, but poor damage and non-existant kill power outside of Smash attacks.
Nia: Short single hand sword with Nia. Has poor range and is really slow, but his survability increases a lot and his kill power would be great, Smash attacks would heal him if he lands them and they are incredibly strong.

The blades would have recharge time to switch like in XB2 and he would have a special icon in form of the special bar, that it's filled by landing normal attacks, when it's full, it unleashes a special move with a big area. That does more damage and knockback everytime an enemy gets hit by it. To mimic the elemental combos and their devastating effects.

Mythra could appear in the final smash. Because there is really nothing to make her different from Pyra moveset-wise except their strongest special attacks (And 100% art critical recharge rate LUL but that is useless here). And Pneuma is too spoilery to be shown, not that Sakurai cares tho *cough* Fiora *cough*
I like the moveset idea, but I would honestly be disappointed if Mythra gets nothing more than a Final Smash cameo lol. I think she's at least as important as a character as Pyra, also considering the Torna DLC. Though the easy work-around would be to just have it be Pyra or Mythra depending on what costume you select on the character screen.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I like the moveset idea, but I would honestly be disappointed if Mythra gets nothing more than a Final Smash cameo lol. I think she's at least as important as a character as Pyra, also considering the Torna DLC. Though the easy work-around would be to just have it be Pyra or Mythra depending on what costume you select on the character screen.
I actually like Mythra a lot more than Pyra screw Pyra's affinity chart. I guess having her be the main blade in the post-Chapter 7 alts could be a good solution... if they don't make Pyra have fire-damage effects, if they do, then Mythra is screwed.

I don't like the idea of Rex having one moveset and switching between Pyra and Mythra, becuase... it's basically like switching bewteen Simon and Richter.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don't like the idea of Rex having one moveset and switching between Pyra and Mythra, becuase... it's basically like switching bewteen Simon and Richter.
I wouldn't say it like that. I mean, in the original game, Pyra and Mythra are much different, despite being two separate Blades tied to one Core Crystal. Pyra is more about burst damage while Mythra is more about sustained damage. This could reflect in Rex's moveset where having Pyra out has more slow and stronger attacks that are good for punishing while having Mythra out has faster but weaker attacks that increase his combo potential. Those are only subtle differences, yes, but more numerous than that of the Belmonts. The less subtle differences I feel could be in Blade Specials, if that were in Rex's moveset, which are much different between the two Aegis girls.

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
if they don't make Pyra have fire-damage effects, if they do, then Mythra is screwed.
Even if Pyra has fire-damage effects, they could just do something similar with light effects for Mythra. Gameplay wise there doesn't have to be a difference. It would be something similar to the Belmonts, who have different colours for their effects too.

Though as Goliso says, swapping between them could have plenty of different gameplay mechanics and playstyles.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
With the announcement of Fighter's Pass Vol 2 and 6 slots open, I would like to throw my support for Rex! After Byleth happened, a lot went through my mind and how their inclusion just skyrocketed 1st and 2nd party candidates again.

I absolutely loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The story was great, the gameplay was stellar and I am still salty I never got KOS-MOS.

With the announcement of the Definitive Edition of the first game, I think we could see Rex being used as a promotion for the game. I have high hopes y'all!
I am sort of nervous about the idea that Rex could be used to promote Definitive Edition. Unless there's a new postgame challenge akin to what we got in XC2 with cameos from other MonolithSoft characters, it wouldn't make a ton of sense to use Rex to market a game he's not in. We'll see, I guess.

... Also, I don't think that I ever actually requested to be added to the support list, so please add me if I'm not on there already. Thanks!

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I am sort of nervous about the idea that Rex could be used to promote Definitive Edition. Unless there's a new postgame challenge akin to what we got in XC2 with cameos from other MonolithSoft characters, it wouldn't make a ton of sense to use Rex to market a game he's not in. We'll see, I guess.
Well, they could have Shulk make a cameo of sorts in Rex's announcement trailer, I feel like it would promote Xenoblade as a whole. It makes more sense to me than KOS-MOS being a XC2 "rep," which I've seen some people unironically suggest.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think Pyra and Mythra really should mix up the moveset in some significant way. The main problem is, Mythra is just canonically stronger so they need some way to make Pyra worth using from a strategic point of view.

Though, the comment about Pyra being burst damage, my Pyra ironically has a higher base damage while I focused on crit rate for Mythra. Though, I'm also using the blue Pyra which gives her more crit rate. Hopefully that's one of her alts (assuming they get alts with Rex).

As for Rex and DE, if they rework it to fit more in line with the new lore (like maybe giving Alvis a core crystal), then Rex would be ironically fitting. I'd also be down for him being a DLC party member like how Shulk and Fiora were DLC "Blades." Maybe even a similar scenario, but in reverse with Shulk's party going through and only Rex/Pyra/Mythra coming through from Alrest.

Oof, I got her in my first playthrough. I think it was a rare crystal too.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Even if Pyra has fire-damage effects, they could just do something similar with light effects for Mythra. Gameplay wise there doesn't have to be a difference. It would be something similar to the Belmonts, who have different colours for their effects too.

Though as Goliso says, swapping between them could have plenty of different gameplay mechanics and playstyles.
I mean Richter and Simon's only difference is that color effect. Which has different properties, one is fire and the other one is aura (Red pikmin is immune to fire, while aura can't make items explode). There is a gameplay difference. And everytime there is single minor difference, we get an echo fighter.

Switching between both is noticeable in Xenoblade 2, but in Smash. We are basically giving Rex the speed and buster arts?

I'm sure Sakurai can find a way to get both Pyra and Mythra working while making Rex an unique character (As long as Mythra doesn't become a comeback mechanic, I'm tired of those).

... Also, I don't think that I ever actually requested to be added to the support list, so please add me if I'm not on there already. Thanks!
I don't think Rex is needed to promote XC1, the game already got its great reputation by itself and Shulk being in promotional material is enough to get some units sold to casual fans.

But I feel like Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will retcon some elements in the plot to connect with XC2.

There is the flashback which already got somewhat changed and fleshed out in XC2. Certain golden key might get replaced with a core crystal.
My theory is that they plan to finally make a connection between the games and maybe Monolith could make even make a DLC to connect both XB1 and XB2. But... that crossover episode will be not canon just like the DLC in XC2.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think Pyra and Mythra really should mix up the moveset in some significant way. The main problem is, Mythra is just canonically stronger so they need some way to make Pyra worth using from a strategic point of view.

Though, the comment about Pyra being burst damage, my Pyra ironically has a higher base damage while I focused on crit rate for Mythra. Though, I'm also using the blue Pyra which gives her more crit rate. Hopefully that's one of her alts (assuming they get alts with Rex).

As for Rex and DE, if they rework it to fit more in line with the new lore (like maybe giving Alvis a core crystal), then Rex would be ironically fitting. I'd also be down for him being a DLC party member like how Shulk and Fiora were DLC "Blades." Maybe even a similar scenario, but in reverse with Shulk's party going through and only Rex/Pyra/Mythra coming through from Alrest.

Oof, I got her in my first playthrough. I think it was a rare crystal too.
When does Smash seriously pay attention to power levels in source material, when it comes to gameplay?

Ignoring all other factors and conditions, the main strategy when using Pyra and Mythra together involves using the latter to quickly build up and fire level 1 and 2 specials, then charge up to 3, switch to Pyra and unleash hell with her special Blazing End that inflicts increased crit damage. Now, I don't think the community wants more actual critical hits on characters since Hero's critical smashes make people salty enough as it is, not to mention it is rather easy to build Mythra to the point of getting almost guaranteed crits anyway, so we can settle for faster attack speed and combo ability to fill in for Lightspeed Flurry and the high crit chance, and higher mobility to represent her evasion boost. Pyra meanwhile inflicts higher damage and knockback per hit, possibly with more range on the sword attacks.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, yeah, but that means you have to find something to make Pyra better at and inflicting more damage when she is supposed to be weaker didn't seem right. One idea I had was that she could have more range due to the fire.

I also think it would be cool if smash attacks were actually performed by them meaning that they are completely different depending on which one you have out. Like, for example, Mythra would do her quick movement thing and slash on both sides for a down smash while Pyra would essentially do Prominence Revolt and stab the ground resulting if fire to erupt on both sides at the same time sending more up then out.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Well, yeah, but that means you have to find something to make Pyra better at and inflicting more damage when she is supposed to be weaker didn't seem right. One idea I had was that she could have more range due to the fire.

I also think it would be cool if smash attacks were actually performed by them meaning that they are completely different depending on which one you have out. Like, for example, Mythra would do her quick movement thing and slash on both sides for a down smash while Pyra would essentially do Prominence Revolt and stab the ground resulting if fire to erupt on both sides at the same time sending more up then out.
Well I dont think that xeno lore will matter that much. After all if we are e.g. looking at zelda lore ganondorf should be only hurt by holy magic. Meaning that three quarter of the roster should not be able to inflict damage on him according to zelda lore.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
well fortunately we won't have any ads to worry about in the near future (unless Nintendo is hiding something big for E3). We know Sakurai wanted to add Rex in the base game, but we also know Sakurai/Nintendo loves marketing Fire Emblem (and for whatever reason Fire Emblem takes precedence over everything else). Now that Fire Emblem is out of the way, we really only have to worry about fan favorites and third party reps (and the inevitable "placeholder pokemon" pick). I'm going to choose to have faith that our boi is getting in; I just hope its sooner rather than later.
The only ad character I can think off is Sylux to promote Prime 4 (his spirit is missing and Sylux will be the main badguy most likely in Prime 4)

Speaking of Spirits, Rex & Pyra have the advantage that their fighter spirit could be called "Rex & Pyra", so that they can dodge spirit theory as a whole, and the spirit board could add stuff from Torna to

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sylux was in the 100% of ending of Prime 3, where he was chasing after Samus's space ship and he was in the secret ending of federation force where he stole a Metroid egg from the Galactic Federation.
wasnt that just an unidentified space ship?

IIRC Tanabe said in an interview that he has plans for Sylux to have a major role in Metroid Prime 4.
whats the source?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The only ad character I can think off is Sylux to promote Prime 4 (his spirit is missing and Sylux will be the main badguy most likely in Prime 4)

Speaking of Spirits, Rex & Pyra have the advantage that their fighter spirit could be called "Rex & Pyra", so that they can dodge spirit theory as a whole, and the spirit board could add stuff from Torna to
True, I could see a lot of push towards Metroid Prime 4, considering the history of the series and game thus far. However there might be some difficulties with Prime 4 being an unreleased game from an American company. If Sakurai wanted to get a preview of the game before making the character, there are innate challenges with doing so. Still some might argue that if Sylux is the choice, he already would have enough to go off of. Its a strange situation that could go either way.

I don't see spirits or songs as an issue. There are plenty of spirits from the Xenoblade series that haven't been recongnized (villians, special blades, Faces, mechonis/bionis, forms, etc.) and there are still quite a bit of music from Xenoblade X and 2 that haven't been added. Not that I think Sakurai cares when he made his selection anyway.

I just hope that if/when Rex is added, they take a general approach to adding content and don't just focus on Xenoblade 2 content. Before Smash Ultimate was released I was really hoping that we could get both Elma and Rex bolstering the Xenoblade representation through the roof. I think Elma's chances went out the window when she didn't make it with the release, but I would like to see at least a music track or two from X making it with the loads of Xenoblade 2 tracks added. Also not having Unfinished Battle from Xenoblade 1 is a crime, lets fix that.

Last edited:

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Not having Counterattack is the travesty. That alone should be remedied.
I don't even know how they left that out of the few they added. I honestly feel like they have a lot of music to add for a Rex DLC as well as spirits.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Oh yeah, XC2 is still ripe with music. Counterattack, You will Recall Our Names (if just for that name alone), Roaming the Wastes, Monster Surprised You to name some. That's before remixes too.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
on the subject of music, shadow of the lowlands?
I'd love it, and considering Lost in Thoughts all Alone is in there's some precedence for slower vocal songs, but I think it's just a bit too quiet for a good chunk of the song. Maybe?

Roaming the Wastes needs to be in whether Mor Ardain is referenced in the XC2 stage or not.

Top Bottom