• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Do we know how exactly DLC is rated? If it's rated seperate from the main game we might get a less censored version of Mythra
Been asking myself that question because I've heard it go both ways. I know that ESRB ratings on the box have had a disclaimer in the past that they don't account for online interactions or dlc content... but I think in general Megadoomer's assessment is correct in that they try to keep things under the same guidelines. Really, the disclaimer isn't necessarily permission. It's just saying "we're only accounting for the on the cart stuff with this box label".

I know that but I meant he's the only one to be able to control four/five blades in combat and gamreplay, those being Pyra, Mythra, (Pneuma as well technically), then two other blades (if we go with canon, Nia and Roc).

Fair, but I think if the really want to represent him in fullest he's gonna have a switching mechanic like Pokémon trainers.

I mean... I don't think Sakurai would care necessarily care about hat. He basically spoiled everything about Xenoblade 1 in Smash 4 besides Zanza. I'm just going with what they'd realistically do honestly plus I mean... I was thinking it would just be cool to see Rex represented in his fullest and honestly I was just thinking of Gensis Saber being the final smash if it's the one I'm remembering, where she sends a bunch of sword projectiles it'd basically just be like Diddy and Sonic's new final smashes where the swords are going all over the screen and knocking people around that or Rex gets teleported to the left of the screen and he and Pneuma do their level four special across the stage. I'd just them have something unique considering Sacred Arrow would be similar to PK Starstorm. Which uh... if they really wanted to be unique they could have all of his blades do their level four special at the same time (without tossing their weapons to Rex) but I feel like that may be a bit too much to animation and what not.
In Smash 4 the Fiora spoiler was just a trophy really.. though, yeah, that was kind of significant. But she wasn't in Shulk's moveset at least. That of course has changed. I think Catalyst making an appearance in Rex's moveset would be a bit much, or even in his FS. Pnuema is a bit easier to imagine in an FS, and if they wanted they could wash her out with white light or a silhouette where she only appears for a split second as part of a larger chain attack to finish it off.

My expectation from Rex if he's to be added, is that his FS would mirror Shulk's mostly and it would be a chance to show off his teammates helping him. Pretty basic Dunban, Riki, Fiora situation. But I've also imagined a scenario where Rex has an opportunity to show off more teammates. It revolves around the assumption that he can change the effects and some moves of his sword by swapping between Mythra and Pyra. His FS would then be slightly different based on who was active when he used it. Just as a for instance... if he activates his FS with Pyra maybe Tora/Poppi and Nia/Dromarch are his teammates, but if he activates with Mythra it's Morag/Brighid and Zeke/Pandy. The effects are mostly similar but maybe one has slightly more damage and less knockback or a different knockback angle. Maybe the one with Nia gives a little heal too? Would kind of be like how Ryu gets a different FS based on the situation upon activation. Just some fun ideas really. Can't say that such a thing would happen, but it's kinda my ideal scenario I think.. assuming someone like Nia doesn't somehow get added to the roster too.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My expectation from Rex if he's to be added, is that his FS would mirror Shulk's mostly and it would be a chance to show off his teammates helping him. Pretty basic Dunban, Riki, Fiora situation. But I've also imagined a scenario where Rex has an opportunity to show off more teammates. It revolves around the assumption that he can change the effects and some moves of his sword by swapping between Mythra and Pyra. His FS would then be slightly different based on who was active when he used it. Just as a for instance... if he activates his FS with Pyra maybe Tora/Poppi and Nia/Dromarch are his teammates, but if he activates with Mythra it's Morag/Brighid and Zeke/Pandy. The effects are mostly similar but maybe one has slightly more damage and less knockback or a different knockback angle. Maybe the one with Nia gives a little heal too? Would kind of be like how Ryu gets a different FS based on the situation upon activation. Just some fun ideas really. Can't say that such a thing would happen, but it's kinda my ideal scenario I think.. assuming someone like Nia doesn't somehow get added to the roster too.
About the FS, what if instead of a large flash of light like Shulk's, Rex summons enough elemental orbs to create a Full Burst? It would go in line with the game?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I've seen gameplay of classic mode, they don't use their renders. Cloud is the only one that way since SE is a ***** when it comes to lending out stuff for crossovers these days.

Heck, Kingdom Hearts 3 at this point has a high chance of /just/ having Moogle shops be the only shape and form of FF content in the game... in the series birthed from the idea a Disney and SE crossover.
I'm saying the DLC characters will do that. It's an easy way to buy pass the whole "Fighter Spirits can't be equipped" when Spirits of that character already exist.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
About the FS, what if instead of a large flash of light like Shulk's, Rex summons enough elemental orbs to create a Full Burst? It would go in line with the game?
Well, Shulk's FS already animates similarly to a Full Burst even though it's called Chain Attack. The FS would be too long and awkward if it featured each character attacking one at a time via QTEs. So basically, an XC2 Chain Attack would probably just look and behave like a Full Burst. Not sure about bothering with animating in the orbs and making it obviously a Full Burst. Could be a cool effect but like... where'd those orbs come from? I guess its implied you were somehow stacking them the whole time or the FS ball just grants you orbs to shatter. I could see Sakurai and the team just adding in a bunch of orbs to break just to be flashy and not worrying about how they got there, heh. So yeah, potentially the FS could feature orbs that maybe pnuema just breaks to start off and then the team Full Bursts... or the team damages the orbs in sequence and pnuema finishes them off into her own Full Burst. But to me, I see this as only a cosmetic thing not really changing the basic idea of the FS. Would be an interesting touch and something for fans to notice, but also feels like it could be a bit much on screen potentially as well. I'd rather the focus be on your teammates rather than a full burst necessarily. FS's are pretty fast in this game and there's probably a time frame that all this stuff has to realistically happen within. 10 seconds tops seemingly, as I don't think any FS goes longer than that. Don't quote me, but I think Shulk's is under 7 seconds.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So I found some info that is somewhat interesting as covered in a video, though since it is about leaks I'm gonna post it in a spoiler for those to watch, as Mii costume chances at being DLC are coveverd in here and that relates to Rex's chances so... watch it at your own risk.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So I found some info that is somewhat interesting as covered in a video, though since it is about leaks I'm gonna post it in a spoiler for those to watch, as Mii costume chances at being DLC are coveverd in here and that relates to Rex's chances so... watch it at your own risk.

There's nothing too crazy in there. It really depends on how much you believe rumors. I typically don't and I don't think anyone really knows who the DLC characters are yet outside of the development team in Japan and higher ups at Nintendo. The source could be real but still speculation.

On the Mii costumes it seems more like speculation. ATs I can see not happening because they are in the game already. The only one that I figured could get upgraded is Springman but that's because you can pull an Alfanso with Springtron when he's out. For costumes, I don't think it matters because we already have a lot of characters who have a costume in the game and Nintendo may just see it as "Hey, you can fight with X or use their Mii costume." What makes it difficult is Sakurai made those decisions for ATs and costumes but Nintendo is actually picking the DLC. They may say "Nah, we still think Rex should be a character" and would be fine if he's both a DLC character and a costume.

As for Rex, I'm 50/50. Although he's owned by Nintendo, I wonder if they would add a character that is from Monolith soft. Nintendo owns them but they are a separate company so they could pass on it. I'm on the fence if it will happen or not.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I just saw this myself. Thanks for sharing. I was out and unable to share immediately. I literally having nothing to complain about now. Just a couple posts ago I said the only thing a little "eh" about the smash look was that it wasn't in XC2 and uncanonized... now it is.

Also, the dialogue from the NPC you get it from is interesting...
xc2 brobro gives you mythra's outfit.png

...a true brobro~

Also heard this may have something to do with XC2's 1 year anniversary.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YOU GUYS

HER BACK IS COVERED TOO IN THE COSTUME

WHY WOULD THEY COVER HER BACK IF THERES NO WAY TO SEE A SPIRIT'S BACK

I'LL TELL YOU WHY

IT'S BECAUSE REX AND PYRA/MYTHRA ARE IN AND THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO COOL US DOWN WHEN MYTHRA IS CENSORED

ITS ****ING HAPPENING

its prolly nothing but this is still super interesting and might lead to something

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

also this really doesn't look TOO bad compared to the datamines, now that it has proper lighting and isnt pitch black void dark

I would still prefer they used white/gray leggings to not mess her color balance but it doesn't look UGLY at least. If this is how she would look in Smash as a playable character, I wouldn't mind TOO much.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This is live in the game now after an update... I highly recommend everyone check it out. You can get it from an NPC in Argentum. It's an "aux core" he salvaged up. It's name is "Massive Melee Mythra" and has Crit Up 25%... so as good as one of the agreed upon best cores you can have on her... Crit Up VI. They're really selling this thing as a "there's really no reason not to use this" costume.

And Brobro's phrasing when talking about it is great. I took a few screencaps but rather than spoil... I recommend everyone in this thread just check it out for themselves. I don't think there's a story progress requirement but I heard a rumor of "chapter 4". I'm in chapter 6 NG+ myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is live in the game now after an update... I highly recommend everyone check it out. You can get it from an NPC in Argentum. It's an "aux core" he salvaged up. It's name is "Massive Melee Mythra" and has Crit Up 25%... so as good as one of the agreed upon best cores you can have on her... Crit Up VI. They're really selling this thing as a "there's really no reason not to use this" costume.

And Brobro's phrasing when talking about it is great. I took a few screencaps but rather than spoil... I recommend everyone in this thread just check it out for themselves. I don't think there's a story progress requirement but I heard a rumor of "chapter 4". I'm in chapter 6 NG+ myself.
I mean I would understand that if Crit Up was actually worth using by endgame lol

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
also this really doesn't look TOO bad compared to the datamines, now that it has proper lighting and isnt pitch black void dark

I would still prefer they used white/gray leggings to not mess her color balance but it doesn't look UGLY at least. If this is how she would look in Smash as a playable character, I wouldn't mind TOO much.
Someone posted a screencap of the spirit image a while back (shortly after the datamine pic was shared) and it showed that the image in game looks a lot better than that datamine. It's has lighting and shading and doesn't look like a sloppy flat black paint bucket drop. So we knew already that the spirit image was already meant to look better than the datamine. Something was clearly lost in the datamine cuz it looked a lot better in game.

I mean I would understand that if Crit Up was actually worth using by endgame lol
Maybe only because it can be overkill. It's generally agreed that Crit Up on Mythra is always good between the recharge and running avant garde medal, you can pretty much solo superbosses without too much concern. No cooldowns and constant healing. Course, some would argue that Fiora does that better now. At a certain point there's diminishing returns, but as far as I've heard, Mythra always likes a crit boost.

But I guess this is pretty off topic although we're in a thread supporting Rex and the Aegis in Smash, heh.

D

Deleted member

Altais Altais If I may, that Rex moveset you linked a couple weeks back. Is that the final version or is it getting a revision?

D

Deleted member

I hate to rain on the parade here but this doesn't mean anything for Rex in Ultimate. The original tweet announcing this literally says it's from Smash Bros, so anything regarding how Brobro says "smashing and brawling" and "melee" being in the AUX Core name isn't a DLC hint: it's just there because the design is from her Spirit in Ultimate. And the 3D model that requires censorship from the back isn't some far-off Smash Bros character, it's the one they just patched into XC2. Twisting all of this into some kind of conspiracy like the whole fiasco that was the 'Shulk + Elma + Rex in one place' line from the Nopon Archsage isn't going to accomplish anything but disappointment.

I do love the costume though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So they actually did patch the more clothed Mythra outfit in eh? Is it an option or does it just change to that in the patch without the ability to go back?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So they actually did patch the more clothed Mythra outfit in eh? Is it an option or does it just change to that in the patch without the ability to go back?
From what I could tell, it’s a Costume Aux Core like the swimsuit models. This one in particular provides Crit Up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From what I could tell, it’s a Costume Aux Core like the swimsuit models. This one in particular provides Crit Up.
I see. At least it's an Aux Core that provides a good stat boost. Unfortunately not all of the alternate costumes do that.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I hate to rain on the parade here but this doesn't mean anything for Rex in Ultimate. The original tweet announcing this literally says it's from Smash Bros, so anything regarding how Brobro says "smashing and brawling" and "melee" being in the AUX Core name isn't a DLC hint: it's just there because the design is from her Spirit in Ultimate. And the 3D model that requires censorship from the back isn't some far-off Smash Bros character, it's the one they just patched into XC2. Twisting all of this into some kind of conspiracy like the whole fiasco that was the 'Shulk + Elma + Rex in one place' line from the Nopon Archsage isn't going to accomplish anything but disappointment.

Certainly doesn't do anything to hurt their chances. I mean, this didn't need to happen. Far from a confirm though, of course. I gotta say I love the phrasing from the NPC however and it gets the imagination going. Hard not to get a little hype about this, but agreed... nothing is confirmed until you see something from Nintendo saying outright themselves. I'm feeling pretty good about these turn of events tho, heh.

Mentioned earlier. It's live now and you get it from an NPC. It's equipped like any other costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So were we talking earlier about what blades Rex would bring with him if he got into Smash? I think so but I unfortunately missed that discussion.

D

Deleted member

This probably means nothing and was just a way to cool fans off before the Spirit was revealed (they didn't plan for a datamine with ****ty ass color saturation, you know) because Xeno fans kinda hate censorship given the anger over the lack of the boob slider and Lin's swimsuit in XCX. However, one thing to note is that in this DLC costume, Mythra's back is also covered. It leads one to wonder why they would do that if you can't view Mythra's Spirit's back in Ultimate. Maybe they're also trying to warm us up to the possibility of this being how she looks as a 3D model? I mean, they were trying to subtly warm us up to her Spirit before we even knew that was a thing, right? And I mean, IF (big if) Mythra in some form were to be playable, it would be Monolith Soft giving the design specifications.

However, another alternative is that they just felt it would look awkward if her legs and boobs were just completely covered and her back, where she technically shows the most skin, wasn't covered. This is still interesting food for thought, though.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I feel the only hurdle Rex & Pyra fans need to overcome is spirits deconfirming characters (which we only will know 100% if we see how Pirahna Plants Fighter spirit is handled or if we get a DLC character that has a basegame spirit, before Pirahna Plants release)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
This probably means nothing and was just a way to cool fans off before the Spirit was revealed (they didn't plan for a datamine with ****ty *** color saturation, you know) because Xeno fans kinda hate censorship given the anger over the lack of the boob slider and Lin's swimsuit in XCX. However, one thing to note is that in this DLC costume, Mythra's back is also covered. It leads one to wonder why they would do that if you can't view Mythra's Spirit's back in Ultimate. Maybe they're also trying to warm us up to the possibility of this being how she looks as a 3D model? I mean, they were trying to subtly warm us up to her Spirit before we even knew that was a thing, right? And I mean, IF (big if) Mythra in some form were to be playable, it would be Monolith Soft giving the design specifications.

However, another alternative is that they just felt it would look awkward if her legs and boobs were just completely covered and her back, where she technically shows the most skin, wasn't covered. This is still interesting food for thought, though.
I think that Monolith Soft came up with the redesign for Sakurai, and in order to not confuse people since it is a big change (unlike Camilla who just had her hair moved in order to cover her cleavage), they included it in the main game, but whoever designed the costume in XC2 decided to cover her back too, since it does balance the black vs white color scheme of her outfit that many people did pointed out was unbalanced in the datamined version.
I really doubt it means anything for Rex and Pyra/Mythra as DLC, sadly.

UNLESS it means something for solo Mythra, I mean that Nopon presented her as the ONE Blade who likes smashing and brawling, and after Torna we know she can handle herself quite well.

D

Deleted member

I think that Monolith Soft came up with the redesign for Sakurai, and in order to not confuse people since it is a big change (unlike Camilla who just had her hair moved in order to cover her cleavage), they included it in the main game, but whoever designed the costume in XC2 decided to cover her back too, since it does balance the black vs white color scheme of her outfit that many people did pointed out was unbalanced in the datamined version.

UNLESS it means something for solo Mythra, I mean that Nopon presented her as the ONE Blade who likes smashing and brawling, and after Torna we know she can handle herself quite well.
No, it definitely has a very very low chance of actually meaning anything. A guy can dream, though :p

please daddy sakurai like at least give us elma come on

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

I feel its amazing in its own right they went to so such lenghts to even include this as a costume

D

Deleted member

I feel the only hurdle Rex & Pyra fans need to overcome is spirits deconfirming characters (which we only will know 100% if we see how Pirahna Plants Fighter spirit is handled or if we get a DLC character that has a basegame spirit, before Pirahna Plants release)
Fighter Spirits are not equipable though. They're just meant to be artwork to enjoy in place of trophies of the Fighters that used to be earned by completing classic mode. I fail to see how spirits could possibly disconfirm fighters.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Fighter Spirits are not equipable though. They're just meant to be artwork to enjoy in place of trophies of the Fighters that used to be earned by completing classic mode. I fail to see how spirits could possibly disconfirm fighters.
That's because a lot of people subscribe to the philosophy that any character that's depicted as literally anything but playable is deconfirmed.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Oh crap now this fuels spirits deconfirming even more, because a a fighter spirit is also based on concept art for that character (example Samus's fighter spirit = her Samus Returns artwork, while the other Samus spirits are named after her suits). But if what your saying is true, then fighter spirits are on the same level as classic mode Melee trophies in that they explain/pay hommage to the origin of the character. (One of my few hopes left to deconfirm spirits was them being equipable)

If Pirahna Plants fighter spirit is based on his 8-bit artwork or NSMB, I feel its over...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's because a lot of people subscribe to the philosophy that any character that's depicted as literally anything but playable is deconfirmed.
In fairness, I completely understand why that pessimism exists. It's a defense mechanism designed to try and keep expectations realistic and a pre-caution to take to avoid disappointment. I do think there are examples of when the pessimism gets too high. But I totally get why people would want to keep their expectations in check.

Oh crap now this fuels spirits deconfirming even more, because a a fighter spirit is also based on concept art for that character (example Samus's fighter spirit = her Samus Returns artwork, while the other Samus spirits are named after her suits). But if what your saying is true, then fighter spirits are on the same level as classic mode Melee trophies in that they explain/pay hommage to the origin of the character. (One of my few hopes left to deconfirm spirits was them being equipable)

If Pirahna Plants fighter spirit is based on his 8-bit artwork or NSMB, I feel its over...
That's a pretty good point actually. One question though. Are Fighter Spirits displayed in the same menu as all the others or do they have their own "Fighter Spirit Exclusive" Menu? If the latter, then technically speaking the same artwork could be used for both a fighter spirit and a regular one.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
That's a pretty good point actually. One question though. Are Fighter Spirits displayed in the same menu as all the others or do they have their own "Fighter Spirit Exclusive" Menu? If the latter, then technically speaking the same artwork could be used for both a fighter spirit and a regular one.
That I don't know yet. I would assume they are in a exclusive menu, because they aren't equipable.

D

Deleted member

That I don't know yet. I would assume they are in a exclusive menu, because they aren't equipable.
That would make sense. Honestly at this point it seems that the answer to whether or not Spirits disconfirm fighters is almost entirely dependent on that.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This probably means nothing and was just a way to cool fans off before the Spirit was revealed (they didn't plan for a datamine with ****ty *** color saturation, you know) because Xeno fans kinda hate censorship given the anger over the lack of the boob slider and Lin's swimsuit in XCX. However, one thing to note is that in this DLC costume, Mythra's back is also covered. It leads one to wonder why they would do that if you can't view Mythra's Spirit's back in Ultimate. Maybe they're also trying to warm us up to the possibility of this being how she looks as a 3D model? I mean, they were trying to subtly warm us up to her Spirit before we even knew that was a thing, right? And I mean, IF (big if) Mythra in some form were to be playable, it would be Monolith Soft giving the design specifications.

I think the reason the back is covered is simple. If you look at her dress, they covered parts where his skin was showing around her hips. That said, it's still an odd change because she wasn't showing that much and some of it is covered by her hand in her official artwork. So they probably could have left it. I guess it could mean something, but more likely than not, it's just to cover that spot and it probably works better in a 3D model.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I still don't get how the Fighter Spirits being based on pre-existing artworks proves that regular Spirits deconfirm characters, especially since the vast majority of actual possible fighters have more than one official artwork.
For example Elma's Spirit is based on this artwork:
87f3296e7e59c7701e4520f469060bba.png
But she has at least two other official renders that could work as her Fighter Spirit if she ends up being DLC (actually three but that one might be a spoiler so I will not include it)
XC2_Elma.png

568d34e5a70a2.preview.jpg

Speaking of Pyra and Mythra besides that render they have the official artworks for the soundtrack and the "Choose Pyra/Mythra" thing in game that could work as a Fighter Spirit
i8sso32g27601.jpg

XC2-Pyra-and-Mythra-artwork.jpg

AND this is all without even bringing out the facts that EVA from Metal Gear Solid 3's Spirit isn't even based on an artwork, but a screenshot of a cutscene were they edited out the background, and that Cloud's Fighter Spirit is based on his Smash Ultimate render.
This proves that Spirits can be as much elastic and adaptable as Sakurai wants them to be, so if he wants a particular DLC fighter he isn't going to be stopped by a Spirit.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It really all comes down to what Sakurai had on the table as DLC, what Nintendo had in mind as well, and where they met in the middle. We can't know if they made pointed omissions from their list of potentials anywhere. We can only guess.

I have a pretty strong feeling spirits don't deconfirm anything outright though. What does is simply Nintendo and Sakurai's choices. As DLC, anything they want could be on the table, especially if it's completely under their control. Maybe due to coincidence and not correlation we'll be able to look back retrospectively on the DLC and make an argument for the idea that "spirits DID deconfirm" or "spirits DIDNT deconfirm"... but I think that'll just be coincidental if one ends up being "true". I think if Sakurai and Nintendo wanted, they could have an AT character considered. Seems unlikely they'd consider most ATs before a lot of other things and it would feel like it was putting a lot of work aside in a way, but we simply don't know how much they're even worried about that. Throughout the history of this series they've constantly done things that were not within our expectations. There was a time that most people thought Cloud would never happen because of "rules" we made up. Spirits seem like they're a minor roadblock in theory. And in the end Nintendo and Sakurai are just gonna do what they want if they really want it... (barring third party shenanigans that might stop them for reasons outside their control.)

Not saying we (everyone in any character support thread) should all have the highest hopes necessarily. It's still logical to make some assumptions. But in the end, we really can't count on our reasoning to necessarily predict outcomes. It's more a nearly "anything is possible" scenario where it opens up so many possibilities but also means getting what you want is less certain.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
In fairness, I completely understand why that pessimism exists. It's a defense mechanism designed to try and keep expectations realistic and a pre-caution to take to avoid disappointment. I do think there are examples of when the pessimism gets too high. But I totally get why people would want to keep their expectations in check.

As one who has watched live streams of the game already, I've seen people beat classic mode and go into the spirits menu, I've also seen the full datamine in the game, there is no separate section for fighter spirits and regular spirits, they're all in the same menu it's just Fighter spirits are not able to be equipped.

D

Deleted member

As one who has watched live streams of the game already, I've seen people beat classic mode and go into the spirits menu, I've also seen the full datamine in the game, there is no separate section for fighter spirits and regular spirits, they're all in the same menu it's just Fighter spirits are not able to be equipped.
I see. Truth be told though I have found some additional points that make it so that I’m still not convinced that Spirits deconfirm fighters.

After all they could always just use the characters ultimate artwork like Cloud does. I just think it’s incredibly unlikely that they would pass on a fighter they’d want to include just because concept art of them was already used for a spirit.

Top Bottom