• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Sadly I think I've given up. Pyra and Mythra have both appeared and we only have one slot left. Rex can be seen through victory screens, and taunts. He's tossed around as the girls wish, under their will. I don't think he will be playable in this game unless they give us another fighter's pass. I will concede for now. We do have Rex as a mii to play as and I suppose that is enough. Any more speculations?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sadly I think I've given up. Pyra and Mythra have both appeared and we only have one slot left. Rex can be seen through victory screens, and taunts. He's tossed around as the girls wish, under their will. I don't think he will be playable in this game unless they give us another fighter's pass. I will concede for now. We do have Rex as a mii to play as and I suppose that is enough. Any more speculations?
recently ive wondered if it would have been possible for them to have been a 3 in one

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
yeah but what role would rex play then? Fast&weak and strong&slow are two extremes what makes the char fun to play. A middle ground would only worsen the design imo. Currently I am fine with how things went.

Also with Pyra/Mythras inclusion they have a mich higher chance of appearing in future smash games. And with increasing tech maybe one day they decide to make the moveset they original planned. Like Charizard went back to poke trainer when hatdware was no longer a concern. But if that does not happen I personally wouldnt mind too much …. XC2 was pyra/mythras story to begin with….

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yeah but what role would rex play then? Fast&weak and strong&slow are two extremes what makes the char fun to play. A middle ground would only worsen the design imo. Currently I am fine with how things went.

Also with Pyra/Mythras inclusion they have a mich higher chance of appearing in future smash games. And with increasing tech maybe one day they decide to make the moveset they original planned. Like Charizard went back to poke trainer when hatdware was no longer a concern. But if that does not happen I personally wouldnt mind too much …. XC2 was pyra/mythras story to begin with….
no it was rexs story that’s why he’s the protagonist

you might as well say the triforce is the main character in Zelda

Last edited:

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
no it was rexs story that’s why he’s the protagonist

you might as well say the triforce is the main character in Zelda
Well … most of what they do is because of Pyra/Mythra and in Torna he is not present. So in total (basegame+dlc) I think XC2 is more the story of the aegis then the one of rex. Does not mean he is irrelevant to it ….

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well … most of what they do is because of Pyra/Mythra and in Torna he is not present. So in total (basegame+dlc) I think XC2 is more the story of the aegis then the one of rex. Does not mean he is irrelevant to it ….
and yet they are not the protagonist in either part of the story they are in many ways simply a driving force

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know his chances are next to none, but I'll still support Rex for next Smash. Xenoblade is a great series, and deserves all the reps it can get, especially from 2, which I still love. Until next time!

Top Bottom