• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revived Tournament Stream Manager even an idiot could use.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm Doppler. I've spent a quite a bit of time using the dead open source project NodeCG for Smash as my stream manager. Its a robust little program, but I've now started my own fork for it and I could use the communities help. I'm not super great at coding so the project still runs on NodeCG 0.8.9 instead of the newest version, which is probably what I'll need the most help with.

But this week I made some serious edits from its old form factor to a new swankier one. It currently supports Melee and PM, and it used to support WiiU and then Ultimate, but I made some major form factor changes that left Ultimate data broken, which I plan on fixing soonTM. It runs on javascript and should run in any OS that works for Java.

The new git is the default branch at
https://github.com/SSBDoppler/nodecg-for-smash

Here's a video of it in action, there are more videos in the Gaming Adventures 11 playlist if you watch the PM videos. The ultimate videos are a different stream manager. Older GAs and Elbow Rooms will have the old version of this program in action.

Here's a photo of the manager menu, its super easy to use and I've been able to teach any smash player how to use it in under 5 minutes.
Opera Snapshot_2019-03-02_173913_localhost.png

MikeyMuffin

Smash Rookie
Good Work dude, I was actually looking to see if there was a update for this. I am having trouble installing however. IT would seem that there are some issues with the existing bower.json some of the repositorys mentioned no longer exist. I tried updateing it myself but it has not quite worked out. These were the results I got:

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
Are you using NodeCG 0.8.9, because that is the newest version that this supports. Its the part I need the most help with is getting this working on the newest NodeCG

Top Bottom